The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What is happening to this country?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What is happening to this country?

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 10:33

Officers all over the country are coming to London which is all well and good, but who will be looking after the rest of the country?

This could all be a ploy to ensure all the Police are in one place away from their real targets, like the nuclear power stations.

They need to wake up now !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 09.08.11 10:44

Today is a good day for the terrorists. My god what a country!

Wouldn't surprise me if other cities start tonight. Fuelled by London last night, they could be planning themselves to have a piece of the action. Yes, if the police are all down here who will be protecting the rest of the country. I would say the army but they are under manned and troops numbers cut in half due to government cut backs, whats left are abroad fighting for our country

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 11:04

I wonder how much of the £3.4M put aside for the McCann investigation, will be reallocated to this now. How convenient? How convenient for all Murdoch's problems. It's no wonder Sky in every other breath are pointing the finger at the Police...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 09.08.11 11:19

On Radio 5 live this morning they were interviewing a lady from a quango who advises the Met police on issues with crowd trouble and all she could say was we need to talk to the disinfranchised and unfortunate people. No I say get the water cannon and rubber bullets out before an innocent person actually dies. Not to say the amount of innocent people who have had their houses and businesses destroyed all ready!

Apparently there is an intention to cause riots in every city before the end of the month then spread to towns.

These so called rioters are just theives and vandals and should have no rights whatsoever (as they give no rights to their victims).

The police really need to get their finger out and stop this spreading further.

OK Rant over!

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 09.08.11 11:31

The politicians and met police really need to comprehend that these thugs are not interested in law and order, respect, communities or themselves. They have one mindset to cause as much violence and destruction as possible. They are not in the least bit scared of police or the law

This is the army, water cannons and rubber bullets time. All the water cannons are in Northern Ireland though, and need to be sent back over to the UK, we don't have any here at the moment

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 09.08.11 11:35

Stella wrote:I wonder how much of the £3.4M put aside for the McCann investigation, will be reallocated to this now. How convenient? How convenient for all Murdoch's problems. It's no wonder Sky in every other breath are pointing the finger at the Police...

You read my mind stella!

I am feeling guilty about saying this (even thinking this) but the 24/7 coverage of this by Sky could now be fuelling this.

The original trouble seemed to be a reaction to a death in Tottenham and it should have ended there. It didn't. Why not?

I feel that scumbags, mainly very young ones, have seen on TV how others are getting away with looting and have decided to have a go. They have seen the lack of police presence.

I don't approve of censorship and we have had so much debate here about the way the media has closed down debate on the McCanns, but I really feel the
coverage I am seeing especially on SKY is less than helpful. it is a major story and obviously has to be covered but I now find myself thinking that the coverage needs to be limited, not sure to what extent.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 11:47

Yes, I thought exactly the same Stella! They can't really afford to be spending so much money on a missing child sadly when there is so much going on.

I was very surprised to hear the Police Commissioner, I think it was saying that officers were being called on and deployed from other cities. This is giving a very clear message to those who want to perpatrate this vandalism and violence, that there are going to be and extra 10,000 officers in London, but areas elsewhere then may then be short of police. Talk about giving them an nod and a wink. This imo should be kept very quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 09.08.11 11:53

Have no fear...Boris the Destroyer will be in the country in 2 hours

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 09.08.11 12:07

I totally agree with you Pauline and Candyfloss. I think the media's 24/7 non stop coverage is adding fuel to the fire. An ASBO is a badge of honour to these thugs so to be on all news media 24/7 is exactly what they want to achieve. This is only going to encourage them to continue and do even bigger things. To fix the problem you need to understand it, and the powers of the country just don't comprehend it

The 3.5 million Maddie police review could have been better spent investing into our police force, into our security, into our army. If the McCanns and those involved could be decent human beings and be truthful and not scamming the public, there could be so many more millions and resources freed which could be better spent on our society

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 14:30

Just listen to this, the girl at the end says "we are just showing the rich people we can do what we want!!" They think it's great!! Video on link below........................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

London rioters: 'Showing the rich we do what we want'

9 August 2011 Last updated at 13:35

A BBC journalist has spoken to two girls that took part in Monday night's riots in Croydon, who boasted that they were showing police and "the rich" that "we can do what we want".

The pair were drinking wine looted from a local shop at 09:30 BST the following morning.

Croydon was one of several areas plagued by unrest on Monday night, on a third night of riots in the capital. There ware also violent scenes in several other English cities

bigshock wtf

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.11 15:33

@jd wrote:Appears to be north east, east and south London areas. Croydon like a war zone apparently

Where is our Prime minister? Boris had to be dragged away from his holiday kicking and screaming. This is obviously getting bigger and the rioting idiots are all jumping on the band wagon

Holidaying in Italy I believe! Cameron I mean - but he must be heading back if he hasnt already. People are just fed up with corrupted politicians and police and unscrupulous press. The country is decadent and the greedy government is so out of touch with the common working class who works their butt off but taxed to hilt and squeezed dry by this government who cut spendings to compound the problem. It's a no wonder people are fed up with the politician and they policies and their systems suck.

All the government are self serving ..they put themselves on the pedestal and suck up to the rich and influential who hide their wealth in tax haven country and probably pay v little tax. If the MPs were not exposed for their expenses scandal they would continue to help themselves to taxpayers money without qualm.

Expenses scandal, hack scandal, slow economy, spendings cut, unreasonable high tax, increased university fee, corrupted government and press...whats left for the poor working and middle class to look forward to or live for? The working class go to work skydark and come home skydark and the future is still bleak with no hope of improving...the country is imploding on itself hence the anarchy.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.11 15:38

@jd wrote:This has been building for many years. Human rights is a big cause imo because you can't teach kids right over wrong and teach them discipline without fear of being sued. bring back national service

and the death penalty!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 09.08.11 15:56

@aiyoyo wrote:
@jd wrote:This has been building for many years. Human rights is a big cause imo because you can't teach kids right over wrong and teach them discipline without fear of being sued. bring back national service

and the death penalty!

I absolutely agree on both counts!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.11 16:00

"we are just showing the rich people we can do what we want!!"

Yeah, the wide disparity between the have and have not has reached a crescendo. Yet China is not curbed from supplying cheap junks to tempt people to want more than they need. They are just over supply of everything everywhere and people have mounting debts, and the government are not setting any good example because they are greedy themselves.

Blame this on a minority of businessmen and entrepreneurs and big corporations whose interest is to fill their own pocket without regard for their country or country fellows or they should have boycotted cheap labour and give industry back to their country. Without industry a country is nothing. A country depending on service and retail for income is not a good thing for long term. People have no future because the country's system impedes that so the poor begrudge the rich their luxury lifestyle while they are sinking in debts...so something explodes and this is the result. I dont approve of the violence because these thugs are targeting innocence - if they are angry with the government and their policies they should march to parliament house or target no 10 and not attack innocence merchants and people.

I have no sympathy for Cameron ...his stupid policies and corrupt police contribute to this riot? There is no cause without provocation.

Where are the police and army when you need them - surely they are not still parked on their bum looking at mccanns papers!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.11 16:07

I cant believe Cameron was on his holiday when you think the hack scandal is not over by a long chalk...no wonder the poor are pissed off with the rich!

And this must be very timely for murdoch...oh...he must welcome the distraction!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 09.08.11 16:23

I totally agree with everything you say aiyoyo, completely. To add, I think the past 3 or 4 governments are all equally responsible not only Cameron, he is back now by the way but looks irritated at having to cut short his holiday. Boris is nicely sun tanned too. An example nearer to home about the rich being so out of touch and not acting responsibly is Smethurst on this forum. MPs have also looted the public themselves with their expenses for years on end and would still be now if the Telegraph hadn't exposed them

The police are scared of attacking in fear of being sued if they hurt someone. This is the banal society we live in ruled by lawyers. It will be interesting to see how many MPs come back from holiday to the emergency debate on thursday, a debate just of words condemning, they can't change the law on Thursday. The rumours are that the police will use plastic bullets tonight which I do hope they do and is not just a threat, they have to use them, its the only was of stopping them

Right now I am worried about tonight, the thugs will attack new areas untouched from last night in their goal of attacking every single area of London, all cities, before going into towns. The biggest worry is the government and police don't seem to have a handle on it and living on another planet to the reality of what is going on. They just do not understand what this is about and how fearless the kids are

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 16:33

I wonder whether this will result in more growing public awareness of the extent to which organised crime run by gangs - and gang culture itself - is now prevalent in our inner cities. I am not convinced that this has not been deliberately played down by the media in recent years. For example, there was a huge brawl in Trafalgar Square a few months ago between two North London gangs which, as far as I am aware, only made a brief mention in the press.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 16:42

It's starting again already in West Bromwich, the tweet below has now been verified by BBC news who actually have a reporter there. Around 200 youths

highdigi Jonathan
200 youths smashing windows in West Bromwich #riots
1 minute ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 16:46

Salford now - this from ITV daybreak newspresenter

@TasminLucia
Tasmin Lucia Khan ITV News sources... “@stevedouglasitv: Hundreds of police line up in salford. Bricks thrown at officers. #riots http://t.co/viinKkR”

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera on 09.08.11 16:54

Someone Tweeted that their 17 year old daughter had got the message (through this Blackberry thingy) that tonight's main meet is 10pm at Hounslow Bus Garage.

So if you're in the area, you might not want to be.

Vera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 09.08.11 18:32

It was announced on tv at lunchtime that 16,000 police officers would be on the streets of the capital which gives the mobs plenty of time to get to other areas.

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 18:39

ChrisMasonBBC Chris Mason
There will be a COBRA meeting in Whitehall tomorrow morning at 9am.
7 minutes ago »

Trouble in West Bromwich escalated, reports @BBCBirmingham. Cars set on fire and rioting; reports of smoke coming from Desi Junction pub.
32 minutes ago »

Looters are breaking in to Bargain Booze and the Money Shop in Salford. BBC cameraman assaulted, report @BBCManchester
46 minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 19:04

Some of the people that appeared in court today (from BBC news online)............

The Metropolitan force has released what it says will be the "first of many" CCTV images of rioting suspects, while 32 people have appeared in court charged with offences such as burglary and criminal damage during the previous riots.

Among them were a graphic designer, college students, a youth worker, a university graduate and a man signed up to join the army. Some gave non-London addresses. Eighteen were remanded in custody.

http://ht.ly/5YZBQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 19:18

Just been mentioned by the BBC as well as this tweet from ITV - Manchester, also chaos in West Bromwich, hundreds on streets,

itv_news ITV News
Rioters have set fire to a Miss Selfridge shop on Market Street in Manchester city centre #Riots
2 minutes inutes rmingh

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.08.11 19:23

The latest news is that Duggan did not fire his weapon at the Police before he was shot.
The family have said "In this day and age this is completely unacceptable .. " and so on.

Just examine those two statements side by side.
The family are implicitly saying they are perfectly happy that their son, father, brother etc etc was in possession of an illegal firearm, actually a prohibiited weapon, with a chambered round, was clearly doing something unlawful, hence the fact that there was a full scale armed surveillance operation trying to arrest him, but they find it "unacceptable" that he did not manage to kill a police officer first.
I really hope some journalist manages to put the question to them in roughly those terms at the appropriate time.

is this what is wrong with Britain. Just listen out for the bleeding heart liberals to start the justification, hear 500 solicitors plug in their cash registers, and marvel as 500 defence barristers begin to sharpen their quill pens.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum