The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What is happening to this country?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening to this country?

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 20:36

I have been watching the rioting earlier. It has now spread to Birmingham, as well as other areas of London and now we have this story below from Leeds. What on earth is happening to this country?

8 August 2011 Last updated at 19:59 307

.Man shot in face in Chapeltown street

A man has been taken to hospital after being shot in the face on a street in Leeds.

Police officers were sent to Saville Place in the Chapeltown area of the city on Monday evening.

A police spokesman said they had few details of the incident but BBC television reporters at the scene said there was a crowd of up to 100 at the scene and some were masked.

A police spokesman confirmed one man had suffered gunshot injuries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-14449656

Back to top Go down

Re: What is happening to this country?

Post by jd on 08.08.11 20:39

wow things seem to be spiralling at the moment and its getting dark

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 20:48

This chap apparantly is freelance journalist working for sky news............

fieldproducer Neal Mann
RT @PaulLewis Police car containing solitary office just attacked by a dozen youths with bricks and sticks #Pembury #Hackney
10 minutes ago »

fieldproducer Neal Mann
National Rail closes a number of train stations due to 'civil unrest' http://bit.ly/7WLgbA #Londonriots
16 minutes

fieldproducer Neal Mann
by veniviedivici
Bad news RT @billykenber: Just seen a photographer being deliberately bottled, horrible. #hackney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 20:51

fieldproducer Neal Mann
So it spreads RT @BeckyJohnsonITV Hundreds of young ppl on streets in Birmingham. damage to shop fronts #riots
50 minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 20:54

Appears to be north east, east and south London areas. Croydon like a war zone apparently

Where is our Prime minister? Boris had to be dragged away from his holiday kicking and screaming. This is obviously getting bigger and the rioting idiots are all jumping on the band wagon

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 20:56

skynewsgatherer Harriet Tolputt
Reports of trouble in Clapham Junction. Commuters not being allowed to leave the station. #riots
13 minutes ago

rudids rudids
Clapham Junction station reportedly now closed. No one allowed in or out of the station. Hope people got home safe & sound. #riots
2 minutes ago

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 20:56

Good advice from #simonhughes. If you're a parent and your kid is out #londonriots GO AND FIND THEM pls

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 20:59

@jd wrote:Appears to be north east, east and south London areas. Croydon like a war zone apparently

Where is our Prime minister? Boris had to be dragged away from his holiday kicking and screaming. This is obviously getting bigger and the rioting idiots are all jumping on the band wagon

I cannot believe they were all on holiday at the same time Clegg, Cameron Osborne, May, Johnson, there are more but can't recall,would anyone run a business like that, let alone a country!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 21:11

Like so many of the leaders of our society, they go missing when they have to face responsibility. I am sure Cameron will issue a statement through carter ruck later!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 21:15

ThisIsEnzo Vincenzo Annunziata
The pictures from Croydon look like Inferno!!! This is absolutely shocking - no idea what they're trying to achieve #riots #London
3 minutes ago »

rossmcguinness Ross McGuinness
I hope there are no people in that inferno on Croydon, where the help are the fire brigade!! #riots #london
4 minutes ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera on 08.08.11 21:20

Latest news is that Boris is on his way home, but Cameron isn't coming.

And to think I voted for that...

Vera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 21:21

@Vera wrote:Latest news is that Boris is on his way home, but Cameron isn't coming.

And to think I voted for that...

He is, just heard on sky breaking news. He's flying back tonight, and hosting a COBRA meeting in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 08.08.11 21:23

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 21:28

Ah yes, kiss or hug a hoodie, that'll do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 21:31

from Guardian journalist Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
I don't want to say this, but seeing pictures of Croydon from a pub. People might die tonight. #londonriots
16 minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera on 08.08.11 21:36

Good. Better late than never, I suppose...

Rumours of military personnel on the streets of Croydon.

Go get 'em, boys...

Vera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frank zappa on 08.08.11 21:53

Just heard Sadiq Khan MP tell BBC news that the met are the best in the world at dealing with this type of situation. Aye sure Sadiq, this happens so often in the UK the met have had loads of practise. Another MP talking a load of old tosh.

frank zappa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 08.08.11 22:14

In all the SKY coverage of the Croydon riots/looting tonight i have not seen one policeman or a fire engine.

Why?

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 22:39

@pauline wrote:In all the SKY coverage of the Croydon riots/looting tonight i have not seen one policeman or a fire engine.

Why?

They don't have enough resources. Clapham seems to have been the worst hit and there are no police at all there as they don't have enough officers

The price of cutting down on the police force. Hope we don't suffer a similar fate one day when we need our army, this is being almost cut in half

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 22:50

Just been watching BBC reporter in Clapham who got off the train there and can't get home. She's says there are hundreds of people there looting the shops. Originally 5 police officers tried to block them but had to retreat. Since then for the past 2 hours there hasn't been a single policeman, and the looters are going from shop to shop at will, kicking down and breaking doors and escaping with as much as they can carry. Debenhams has been totally looted as have been many other shops. She said she has never seen anything like it. Youths and she also said a girl were walking out carrying armfuls of stuff, and no-one there to stop any of it. I know the police are stretched, but this is terrible that this is being allowed to happen. Something has to be done and fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 23:12

This has been building for many years. Human rights is a big cause imo because you can't teach kids right over wrong and teach them discipline without fear of being sued. bring back national service

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 8:51

Terryfying picture
London riots: terrified woman jumps from burning building

By Mirror.co.uk 8/08/2011

(Pic: WENN)

A woman jumps for her life from a burning building on another night of violence in London.

The terrified resident had to leap from a first floor window to escape the flames.

A small group of people stood beneath with their arms outstretched to cushion her fall.
Advertisement >>

The image was taken in Croydon, Surrey, just yards from the Reeves furniture store destroyed by fire.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/08/london-riots-terrified-woman-jumps-from-burning-building-115875-23330390/#ixzz1UW2fAsmJ

Back to top Go down

The world has gone mad

Post by Marian on 09.08.11 8:57

I know that previous posters have mentioned lack of resources but I still find it hard to believe that the lowlife responsible (particularly in Clapham) were left to do as they pleased. Also, the sight of the furniture shop in Croydon being burnt to the ground with no fire crews in attendance is something that will remain with me for a long time.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 9:10

4 years ago, I said to my husband, terrorists will not need to hijack planes in the future. All they need to do is to get together on the same night and burn old London down. If I thought about this 4 years ago, why didn't the Government. A plan should have been put into place many years ago in preperation for this. A plan that could have been activated within minutes. A COBRA meeting being held right now, means the Government have not considered this, or have an effective plan on how to deal with it.

Classify this right now as terrorism and order the Police to shoot to kill.

I don't do anything by half measures and very much have a zero tolerance, especially where violence is concerned.

They have to deal with this now, because just as I predicted all this 4 years ago, I strongly feel there is much worse to come already being planned.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 09.08.11 10:19

This has been waiting to happen for a long time now and the bubble finally burst last night

I don't know who is worse, the scum on the streets of Britain last night or the spineless corrupt leaders of this society that have allowed this country to descend into the pits we now found ourselves in. The Smethurst's of this society who show no sense of responsibilities in their positions and live behind lawyers. MP's who themselves have looted from the public for years on end with their expenses. I feel ashamed to be British this morning

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum