The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Admin-A Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admin-A Question

Post by jd on 08.08.11 0:27

Why is the poster Ringo allowed to make direct libellous accusations against Tony Bennett on this forum which goes unheeded? I did give this poster the opportunity to retract his libellous accusations which he totally ignored. This forum, I thought, was one of mature adult discussions with opinions/views based on facts. I am at a loss to understand why you pull a topic after a letter from Carter Ruck, but when a poster has actually made libellous accusations against one of the members of this forum & continues to spout his venom and further accusations against the rest of the members, this goes without any action being taken, or even an acknowledgement. Confused

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Disruptive contributors

Post by Marian on 08.08.11 8:28

Well said JD, I was wondering whether this person's contributions to the site were infringing the forum rules.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin-A Question

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 8:41

Ringo has left the building yes

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 10:53

Thank you Admin. He overstepped the boundaries on a number of occasions, and it was looking very much as one rule for him and another rule for everybody else. I notice his profile is still active though?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 11:11

His account is banned not deleted/deactivated.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.08.11 11:15

Was he not also several other people ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 11:25

Yes, Ringo did have several socks....including 'JohnPaul' big grin

As did the other McCann supporter Garth/Xaus/RBxHN and his numerous other socks.

What out for George registering next titter

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 11:26

This makes sense now. I assumed his profile would have been 'whooshed' of the system but I understand whats happened. I'm sure he will back under a different name sooner or later!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 11:26

@Admin wrote:Yes, Ringo did have several socks....including 'JohnPaul' big grin

As did the other McCann supporter Garth/Xaus/RBxHN and his numerous other socks.

He could try to fool us all with Yoko One

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 11:29

@jd wrote:This makes sense now. I assumed his profile would have been 'whooshed' of the system but I understand whats happened. I'm sure he will back under a different name sooner or later!

If I deleted his account then all his messages would be deleted and we'd be left with a conversation that made no sense at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.08.11 11:38

The thing is jd, if these people were instantly banned, we would be seen as a forum that does not allow a voice for the other side. As irritating as it is and trust me I feel the same way as you, we do need to be seen to be fair and at least give them a chance to debate sensibly. Once debate turns into overstepping the line, they are then shown the door.

The poster 'ME' has been extremely busy and I'm sure we will see more of him in the future. He really likes chatting with the Ringo's and Garth's of this world.

If you're looking in ME, we all miss you and hope everything is going ok !!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 12:05

Stella wrote:The thing is jd, if these people were instantly banned, we would be seen as a forum that does not allow a voice for the other side. As irritating as it is and trust me I feel the same way as you, we do need to be seen to be fair and at least give them a chance to debate sensibly. Once debate turns into overstepping the line, they are then shown the door.

I couldn't agree with you more, this is exactly what I want too. I want to debate with people who believe the McCanns as well, I want to understand why they hold their beliefs and learn from them in a sensible manner. I respect that this case is sensitive and emotions can run high at times, but when you get posters like Ringo Star who is being just only confrontational and accusing, being the one who was actually libellous then twisting any members words to imply the same trying to scare them, this is totally over the mark. But we all know this, and he hasn't done his pro McCann cause any favours whatsoever

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 08.08.11 12:35

@jd wrote:

i dont think you can fool a admin jd a admin can look at the IP of all user names

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.08.11 12:38

@ROSA wrote:
@jd wrote:

i dont think you can fool a admin jd a admin can look at the IP of all user names

True but we can't. We have to use other ways and means

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Beatle by any other name

Post by Marian on 08.08.11 12:40

Yes that's true Rosa but, if he re-registers, I don't suppose it will be long before he's up to his old tricks and then he will be shown the door again. If there are any McCann supporters out there who are capable of debating issues sensibly, please come and join us. Somehow though I don't think that anyone will be hurt in the rush!

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum