The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

We've Been Cart Rucked!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: We've Been Cart Rucked!

Post by jd on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:50 am

@lj wrote:I'll stick to the tequila or dos XX, thank you. The new zealand wine has a kind of bitter taste since 2007.

Poor CR lawyers: the future must look bleak in many ways.

I love new zealand wine, new zealand country and new zealand people. Ive been lucky to have been there both north and south islands. I am only making a point of the wine because this is a fact that KM can remember rather than her missing daughter
exalt

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:19 am

Yep, that's what give me the bad taste, whenever I see new zealand wine. I 've never been to nea zealand, but it is high on our list!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:15 am

[quote="Admin"]

Muratfan doesn't hesitate to libel anyone...that is what he posted on twitter about me.[/quote

his name sums him up Jill x

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:56 am

The McCanns must be so proud of the people they attracked.

really classy, just like themselves.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:58 am

@Admin wrote:Today I was made aware of a 2nd letter from Carter Ruck that was sent to Tony on 4th August. I didn't know anything about this letter until I saw it on someone's blog.

Part of the letter states:

Recently we have seen Carter Ruck have Pat Brown's book banned on Amazon without any notice whatsoever to her, so the thread will not be back on the forum.

I understand the reason for being cautious, but are we overly cautious because of fear? After all we are not talking expert Pat Brown style profiling - we are discussing responsible behavior on a social network!

The more we fear for no reason the more we will be bullied. Similarly, the more team mccann use lawyer to sue people the more their fear is on display for all to see, and goodness gracious me their fear is all consuming to them judging by the action! People are questioning the sense behind anyone innocent expending money and time threatening TB over a non issue. So to the complainant if it is not a non-issue does it mean it is an issue, that there's more than meet the eyes and too close for comfort and all?

The phone hack reveals even the rich and famous who suspected their phones were hacked did not go round threatening to sue the tabloid, only now in restrospective, are they coming out to threaten to sue because they now know more that their suspicious was correct and very likely to get proven to be correct.

Personally I would have thought it would be good for TB to be seen having support in general. He's the guts to put his head above the parapet and any support throws his way for his work must be morale boosting.

AFAIU it's a fact depraved messages were on SM's FB and that he didn't remove them until it was too late.
I don't even know what those depraved messages were and I suspect not a lot of people do as well because they were not posted up here as far as I know. So, as long as people avoid copying the depraved contents I don't see why a debate on how people should act responsibly on a social network should be stifled. The issue is not whether identity of posters are friends to fb account holder but rather how account holder deals or should deal with 'unwanted' depraved messages?

In any case, one would have thought the a responsible person would issue a denial statement which would have been more effective than bringing attention to themselves.

This has left me wondering whether the FindMadeleineFund money was used for CR to issue the bully letter b/c this is not about SM because no allegation was made about him, rather it is my belief he co-relates it to the mccanns case. In other words, he perceived people to have perceived that.
Well that is only my thought - Does he want to get CR to sue me for my wondering thoughts! Christ would rather be on a bike isn't it?

Although I am not FB fan because I find it so intrusive I do know that much that friends are by inclusion only and of course this kind of debate generates comment from pro-side that antis could have planted that ...and that is total nonsense ..if you think about the inclusion system on FB how could non-friends show up on SM's FB?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:46 am

@Ringo wrote:
@Admin wrote:
@Ringo wrote:Was that letter not originally sent to Tony Bennett and is he not actually admin on this forum? Why did he not tell the forum owner about it?

Tony is not admin, but he does have mod status.

The question still stands.

At this point in time it is not only me who didn't know about the 2nd letter.

Back to top Go down

Facebook friends

Post by Marian on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 am

It's still not too late for Mr Smethurst to issue a statement that he never saw the offensive material and that, if he had, he would have reported it to the authorities.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Apart from Tony Bennett has anyone actually seen these offensive posts on Facebook? Are they still on there? Are there screeshots or actial links to the offensive material to support this claim? Was there ever any indication that Ed Smethurst had read them, ie: did he leave a comment after any of them? Just a few questions I ask myself about this matter.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Post removed on 28 February 2012 at the request of Edward Smethurst via Carter-Ruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 pm

So, only one other person has allegedly seen these posts.

The comments made by Kay on HLM's blog are very pertinent and sensible. Does anyone honestly think that the police would be remotely interested in investigating a post of this nature? The internet, and facebook especially is absolutely chockablock with comments like this which are obviously written to shock and outrage! It's the kind of thing Frankie Boyle would write into a stand-up sketch. It would a police force the size of a small country with unlimited resources to investigate every single one of them.

No real paedo is going to admit to doing illegal acts on their facebook for every Tom, Dick and Tony to read are they, let's face it!

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crispyroll on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:53 pm

This post referring to Edward Smethurst has been removed by Tony Bennett.

crispyroll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 pm

So far we have a little 3 year old girl missing, presumed dead and concealed.

We have the McCanns who were made prime suspects in the involvement and concealment of their daughter - a status which would be resumed if the investigation were to be reopened (which they don't want for obvious reasons).

The McCanns have supporters who troll various Madeleine sites to argue that they are innocent, that the dogs are wrong, that Madeleine was abducted despite no evidence.

The supporters support child neglectors and their lawyer and they defend sickening comments on a Team McCann facebook page about what they would like to do to children.

Not one of these supporters show any outrage about it, as with the dog's finding they merely try to find excuses for it or lay the blame elsewhere.

Just what type of people does Team McCann comprise of?

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm

@crispyroll wrote:Even if these remarks on Mr. Smethurst FB page are meant to be a joke I must say these are more than sick jokes. Who can consider it as a joke when someone describes how he would torture a little helpless child? I do not want to have people like that in my circle of friends. What kind of people are friends with these sick individuals?
As far as I am aware you must allow people to be your friend on FB. So in this case Mr. Smethurst must know these "joking" friends.

I have read somewhere that screenshots exist and it would be right to report these people to the Police. It remains to be seen what the Police will do.

They will do absolutely nothing as I said.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:09 pm

This post has been removed from the forum on 28 February 2012 following a complaint by Edward Smethurst via Carter-Ruck

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crispyroll on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes sadly it is possible that the Police will do nothing. Children are not of much value in these times. There are so many sad cases in the world. In the USA C. Anthony walks free and in Germany some days ago a child murderer gets 3000 Euro compensation because the Police threatened him some years ago because the Police desperatley wanted to find the little boy and wanted the murderer to tell where he had hidden the child because the Police thought the child was alive. The Police did not do something to the murderer, only threatened him. Strange world we live in.

crispyroll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 pm

@Ringo wrote:Stop using your faux outrage as a weapon with which to attack this family please.

This family has been proven to neglect children to the point where one hasn't been seen for the past 4 years and they are proven to be [comments removed - please be careful about the use of certain words - Admin]

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:49 pm

As far as I am aware, Mr Smethurst has not stated that the postings were fabricated or that his friends did not exist; he has merely complained of his name being mentioned in connection with them. Surely that would be the first thing to do in this situation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:34 pm

@crispyroll wrote:Yes sadly it is possible that the Police will do nothing. Children are not of much value in these times. There are so many sad cases in the world. In the USA C. Anthony walks free and in Germany some days ago a child murderer gets 3000 Euro compensation because the Police threatened him some years ago because the Police desperatley wanted to find the little boy and wanted the murderer to tell where he had hidden the child because the Police thought the child was alive. The Police did not do something to the murderer, only threatened him. Strange world we live in.

The police will not investigate this post because there is no evidence of any child having come to harm, it is merely an offensive statement and as far as I know there is no law against writing things which are in bad taste on the internet. Even reporting it to fb is unlikely to get it removed.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:36 pm

@happychick wrote:
@Ringo wrote:Stop using your faux outrage as a weapon with which to attack this family please.

This family has been proven to neglect children to the point where one hasn't been seen for the past 4 years and they are proven to be [comments removed - please be careful about the use of certain words - Admin].

All of the above statements [these have since been removed - Admin] apart from the last two are libellous. You may want to re-think your post.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Jean wrote:As far as I am aware, Mr Smethurst has not stated that the postings were fabricated or that his friends did not exist; he has merely complained of his name being mentioned in connection with them. Surely that would be the first thing to do in this situation?

No he has complained about insinuations being made on this forum that he is a paedophile. He has also complained that photos of his property were posted on this forum together with an inference that something untoward goes on in there.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crispyroll on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Ringo: "The police will not investigate this post because there is no evidence of any child having come to harm, it is merely an offensive statement and as far as I know there is no law against writing things which are in bad taste on the internet. Even reporting it to fb is unlikely to get it removed".

Right, there is no evidence of any child having harmed. But one can never know.
Swedens mass murderer was on FB talking about his sick thoughts. Would have been better people who saw it would have reported him to Police. Would have saved possibly many lifes.
Furthermore we are always told to pay attention or am I mistaken here?

crispyroll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 pm

@crispyroll wrote:Ringo: "The police will not investigate this post because there is no evidence of any child having come to harm, it is merely an offensive statement and as far as I know there is no law against writing things which are in bad taste on the internet. Even reporting it to fb is unlikely to get it removed".

Right, there is no evidence of any child having harmed. But one can never know.
Swedens mass murderer was on FB talking about his sick thoughts. Would have been better people who saw it would have reported him to Police. Would have saved possibly many lifes.
Furthermore we are always told to pay attention or am I mistaken here?

I have seen many posts over the years threatening the McCanns with violence and / or death. Whilst I know that some were reported to the police I don't know of any that were actually investigated.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Even if it is unlikely the police will do anything, it is always wise to report matters you are concerned about to the police. It is then on the record, which may be helpful down the line.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Evil on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Hate to say this but i did mention before that this could happen. Now i wonder if they will go for this website as they have hosted Tony's comments. Have the website heard anything about it or is it all quiet on that front?
I think that anyone insinuating someone is, has, involved in or even named as, is totally wrong and should not be condoned, especially in public areneas as like facebook.

Dr_Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crispyroll on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:07 pm

To threathen the McCanns with violence/death is disgusting as well of course!

crispyroll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum