The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

'Mummy says I'm old enough to look after myself'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Mummy says I'm old enough to look after myself'

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 30.07.11 21:41

'Mummy says I'm old enough to look after myself': What boy, 4, told police after mother left him and baby brother home alone in filthy house

A mother who left her two young children 'home alone' surrounded by excrement and rotting food has avoided jail despite an appalling case of child neglect.
Emily Harbour, 22, left her 14-month-old baby boy and his four-year-old brother to fend for themselves for 90 minutes while she visited a boyfriend.
Police were confronted with a sickening stench as they forced their way past bags of rubbish, soiled nappies and blood-stained blankets when they broke into the house in Newbury, Berkshire.
At first they thought the baby was dead when they found him lying in a cot with a dirty old curtain over his face. However, he was still breathing.
Among the filth surrounding him, they found a sex toy as well as urine and human excrement.
When officers found his four-year-old brother hiding under a duvet in a room littered with junk, he told them: 'Mummy says I am old enough to look after myself.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020464/Emily-Harbour-Mother-avoids-jail-leaving-baby-son-squalid-Newbury-house.html#ixzz1TchwP9Eh

AskTheDogsSandra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Mummy says I'm old enough to look after myself'

Post by Gillyspot on 31.07.11 17:06

I can't believe she escaped jail but hopefully the kids have been taken into care. The only difference between this and the McCann case is that in that case the apartment was CLEAN!

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not fit to have children

Post by Guest on 31.07.11 17:12

According to the article the children are with their grandparents - what concerns me is that presumably they knew about the conditions the children were living in and yet did nothing about it before.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum