The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Mm11

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Mm11

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Regist10

St Vincents Algarve

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty the devout McCanns

Post by pauline 06.08.11 10:19

Molly wrote:There is no mention of her attending church on Sunday 29th in her book

This is very interesting.

Great detail in the book about Sunday but no mention of church. They could have attended mass in peace given the children were in the kids clubs. And no mention of going to Mass on Saturday evening either. I'm presuming there would have been a Saturday evening mass as there is in Ireland.

They would have received details of mass times in the holiday material they would have been handed at the welcome meeting on Saturday afternoon.

Yet she looks for a priest in the middle of the night after Madeleine went missing.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty The courage of one's convictions

Post by Guest 06.08.11 12:25

I'm not quite sure who (possibly Kate's mother) said that they weren't particularly religious. They could be what my mother would call fair weather friends - those who associate with you only when they have nothing better to do. On the other hand, I can understand why a person brought up in the Catholic faith would turn back to it in a time of crisis and I think that we can safely say that, to coin a phrase, a crisis definitely describes "the situation that Kate found herself in".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty Re: St Vincents Algarve

Post by ROSA 06.08.11 12:49

Yes Marian it was kates mother
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty Kate hugs her mother at the Liverpool service

Post by ROSA 06.08.11 13:03

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Kateinliverpool
MADDY'S PRAYER
Written by the Archbishop of York
Father God, we pray for Madeleine McCann Keep her safe and take away her fear and anxiety May your holy angels guard and protect her We pray that she may be reunited with those who love her Give hope to all her loved ones And hear our cry for her safe return We offer our prayer in the name of the Good Shepherd Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord. Amen.
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.08.11 13:03

Marian wrote:I'm not quite sure who (possibly Kate's mother) said that they weren't particularly religious. They could be what my mother would call fair weather friends - those who associate with you only when they have nothing better to do. On the other hand, I can understand why a person brought up in the Catholic faith would turn back to it in a time of crisis and I think that we can safely say that, to coin a phrase, a crisis definitely describes "the situation that Kate found herself in".

I agree to a point, Marian. I believe that it is getting religious comfort added to the support that they received in those early stages from the church community that drew them to the services first. And then I think that they realized what they could gain being seen as religious such as the Vatican visit (publicity & respectability), Gerry's sudden "vision" in the church (God told him to set up the fund), having their own keys to the church (if nothing else privacy).

But if my child went missing, sorry, was abducted, I would be out there pounding those streets, begging for everyone to help. To me looking for a priest in the early hours means only one thing. Death.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty Madeleine McCann's parents in Liverpool to mark anniverary, 04 May 2008

Post by ROSA 06.08.11 13:11

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Kateinliverpool2
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.08.11 13:27

That photo of Madeleine on the table, with hair tied back, don't think I have ever seen that before?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty Do the 2 girls look the same ? i think they do

Post by ROSA 06.08.11 13:48

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Zzmaddiepiclittleoned
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id17.htmlSt Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Kateinfatima
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.08.11 13:59

Thanks Rosa, you are very quick thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 06.08.11 14:03

thumbsup
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty Where is the photo?

Post by ROSA 07.08.11 3:29

ROSA wrote:The family priest

Father Paul Seddon married the McCanns and baptised Madeleine He led a service to pray for her safe return at Our Lady of Compassion Church in Formby, near Liverpool, last Thursday night.

The Roman Catholic parish priest and family friend had been in regular phone and text contact with the distraught couple in the aftermath of her disappearance.

He flew out at the weekend and accompanied Kate to Mass on Sunday
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 07.08.11 7:49

JOHN GERAGHTY, LEICESTER BUSINESSMAN
St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Geraghty
Obtained the keys to the church and offered to store the McCanns hire car.
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 07.08.11 10:13

Molly wrote:
But if my child went missing, sorry, was abducted, I would be out there pounding those streets, begging for everyone to help. To me looking for a priest in the early hours means only one thing. Death.

I absolutely agree molly. Like you I'm based in Ireland, a 'Catholic' country. None of my more religious friends would call in a priest in the circumstances kate did. It has to have been death.

When they couldn't find her a local priest, she rang the priest who married her Fr Paul Seddon for comfort. Then she rang her good friend Michelle 'to get her large catholic family praying' but the landline wasn't answered. She finally got thro to Jon Corner, Michelle's partner at 3 am. All this apparent religion when her mother says she wasn't devout. Surely she should have been searching. I can't imagine ringing a friend in the middle of the night when I am in a different country with my child missing. What can they do? Even if you believe in prayer, wasting time ringing, ringing ringing is lost searching time.

pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty SY

Post by ROSA 08.08.11 0:51

pray2
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 08.08.11 5:06

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 505C525A-9E79-32B0-460C688E5BD90F9F
Vigil for the safe return of Madeleine McCann at Our Lady of Compassion Formby
St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 505C57CE-C3AB-B714-D2D44F7E455200DC
Vigil service fo Madeleine McCann, at Holy Name Church, Fazakerley
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/videos-pictures/pictures-of-liverpool/pictures-of-liverpool-news/2007/07/31/find-madeleine-mccann-picture-gallery-92534-19608034/
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 08.08.11 5:46

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Aoyprayer
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 09.08.11 14:04

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1555256/Madeleines-father-has-treasured-photos-stolen.html
One picture is said to show Madeleine at 15 months while another was taken in church more recently.
Ms McCann said: "I hope whoever took the wallet is so ashamed when they realise what they've just done that they get those pictures back to us as soon as possible.
"He's desperate to get them back because they're precious to him.
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.08.11 14:14

ROSA wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1555256/Madeleines-father-has-treasured-photos-stolen.html
One picture is said to show Madeleine at 15 months while another was taken in church more recently.
Ms McCann said: "I hope whoever took the wallet is so ashamed when they realise what they've just done that they get those pictures back to us as soon as possible.

It is a strange thing to do to take someone's picture in church? Unless maybe at a wedding or christening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 09.08.11 14:18

Yes Is it the true Last Photo he lost
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.08.11 14:20

candyfloss wrote:It is a strange thing to do to take someone's picture in church? Unless maybe at a wedding or christening.

The day the McCanns don't do something strange will be strange.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty The strange world of the McCanns

Post by Guest 09.08.11 16:20

They are still keeping a low profile - we never found out whether they were in Europe or Australia recently - and that in itself is very strange!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 11.08.11 8:19

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ__Pvll6hGyXNaPUHcY5d9a5XiB28YWe5XAbcehJM3FRqjJ_vL
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty Please find Maddie SY

Post by ROSA 11.08.11 10:08

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Pray
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 14.08.11 3:43

............................... ....... bomb St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Atmosphere-1-year-anniversary-of-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-church-service-1gMnHl
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

St Vincents Algarve  - Page 2 Empty 'Stolen' wallet

Post by tigger 14.08.11 7:52

candyfloss wrote:
ROSA wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1555256/Madeleines-father-has-treasured-photos-stolen.html

It is a strange thing to do to take someone's picture in church? Unless maybe at a wedding or christening.

Those pictures may never have existed? Just a bit of press manipulation.
Personally I don't believe in the theft. Gerry had quite a two days of it:

On the plane over he saved the life of a man who became unwell, who was taken to hospital by ambulance. Source: Gerry. Nothing ever heard about this again. No-one else has confirmed this.
In three separate places in London his wallet was reported stolen: Waterloo Station, Whitehall and nr. Downing Street. (Newspapers)
Wallet was returned some weeks later by a friend from Amsterdam, who had picked it up from Rothley, where the 'thief' had sent it, complete with 30 euros in it and all the cards. Source: Gerry. No witnesses. There was a question mark over their financial records - did he need to compromise the cards for some reason. When the wallet was returned, he did not say the photographs were in it but 'one or two precious items.' Gerry's Blog.
Following day Kate and probably Michael Wright picked him up from the airport late at night. On the way back they saw a drunk lying in the road. Helped him up and took him to his apartment. He'd recognised them. Now one poster on another site, thought this was another pre emptive strike. They needed to visit a flat and one of them could have acted drunk in case they were seen? Source again: Gerry and later Kate. Never heard from the drunk.
Amaral has a question mark over that area. It may even have been the night the body was moved. They were clearly not followed by journalists all the time as all these little adventures prove.
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top