The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Amy Winehouse found dead

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another strange story

Post by Marian on 02.08.11 10:05

This is typical of stories that come out after a celebrity has died and cannot challenge their authenticity. I agree particularly with the comments of MCFever at 12.36 yesterday. I'll eat my hat if this isn't simply an effort to make money.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a dead celeb

Post by ROSA on 03.08.11 4:28

BIG MONEY

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another silly story but not on a Madeleine level

Post by Guest on 03.08.11 9:22

It will be interesting to see if the Winehouse family comments upon the story. It's hardly likely that Amy would have been making plans to adopt a child without mentioning anything to them.

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Winehouse found dead

Post by pauline on 03.08.11 10:00

Just read the story about the 'proposed' adoption (started to type abduction due to McCann addiction!).

The child's mother is poor and cannot get a job and reportedly would have signed adoption papers. My simple mind says Amy was rich; why not support the mother financially, help her get skills so she can get work and rear her daughter in dignity? Amy could be an 'auntie' and see her whenever she holidays there.

Can wealthy single people with well documented problems with drink and drugs adopt? Other celebs like Madonna have adopted but there weren't addiction issues.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.08.11 10:19

@pauline wrote:Just read the story about the 'proposed' adoption (started to type abduction due to McCann addiction!).
The child's mother is poor and cannot get a job and reportedly would have signed adoption papers. My simple mind says Amy was rich; why not support the mother financially, help her get skills so she can get work and rear her daughter in dignity? Amy could be an 'auntie' and see her whenever she holidays there.
Can wealthy single people with well documented problems with drink and drugs adopt? Other celebs like Madonna have adopted but there weren't addiction issues.
Wasn't there a story about Madeleine being offered for "adoption / fostering" by another family member ?
The PJ asked Katey about it, and she refused to reply, instead of exploding and saying it was 'ludicrous' and a totally outrageous statement, as one might have expected any normal mother to have done.
Which brings us back to the question, from where did the PJ get that information ? They did not make it up.
Cops ask questions of witnesses to find evidence.
They ask questions of the accused to test veracity.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 12.08.11 16:51

Amazing how quickly Winehouse has disappeared from the papers !
Just so as not to let it all go -
How many people knew about her drug habit ?
Father, mother, close family, ex-husband, new boyfriend, suppliers, agent, manager, band members, performers, stage hands, general entourage, everyone who had ever read a newspaper or watched TV, everyone who had ever listened to any of her records, ...
Somewhere in the region of half a billion people ? Possibly more.

How many people tried, by which I mean actually did anything positive or useful, to stop her ?
In all those half a billion people there is not one who can stop a very small stupid and fragile young woman doing something illegal which is going to kill her ?
Is that correct ?

Or did no one really care ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 12.08.11 16:54

I think I read the other day that her house got looted in the London riots.

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse

Post by Marian on 12.08.11 17:24

The story I heard was that the house hadn't been broken into but her father said that items had gone missing; the inference was that a trusted person who had reason to be there had helped him or herself to a souvenir or two.

I know from personal experience that it's not easy to get help for addicts and in the end it's down to them to decide when enough is enough.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 12.08.11 17:35

@Marian wrote:
I know from personal experience that it's not easy to get help for addicts and in the end it's down to them to decide when enough is enough.
Bit like looters then !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.08.11 18:21

@Marian wrote:The story I heard was that the house hadn't been broken into but her father said that items had gone missing; the inference was that a trusted person who had reason to be there had helped him or herself to a souvenir or two.

Someone has done a Paul Burrell then?

Even if the whole wide world were to try and help her, they cant force it on her. And, it wont be any fat lot of good because she was so deep into it she was beyond help. She just didn't see her problem and likely didnt think she had a problem or needed help. Most addicts are like that - they don't acknowledge or recognise their problem.

They think what they did is having a little fun in life, nothing harmful, so why should people harp on about it?
I know of a chronic alcoholic (a truly nice and lovely person when sober), who refuses to acknowledge she has a problem and would always argue with her only daughter to leave her alone when her daughter tried to help her. There is just no advising an 'ADDICT'- their brain is addled from the substance abuse or alcohol abuse.

eta: btw I like MJ's musical talent.
He will always remain a legend who will never be forgotten. His name will far outlive his reputation and he's much better known than shakespeare in my opinion because even kids all over the world heard of him and idolised him. His music is still used in dance a lot!

Yes, people do remember and still in awe of his amazing talent.
His alleged misdeed isnt something people remember him for - so yes, PeterMac, people do glorify the dead.
Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde exception I suppose.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.08.11 18:34

No drugs found in her system.................

23 August 2011 Last updated at 15:38

Toxicology results have shown "no illegal substances" in Amy Winehouse's system

Toxicology results have shown "no illegal substances" in Amy Winehouse's system at the time of her death, according to her family.

They say tests indicate alcohol was present but it cannot yet be determined if it played a role in the singer's death last month.

Winehouse's family thanked police and added that they await the outcome of an inquest on 26 October.

Winehouse, 27, was found dead at her home on 23 July.

A post-mortem examination took place two days after her death.

The star had had a well-publicised struggle with drink and drugs.

Winehouse's father Mitch has since announced plans to launch a foundation in his daughter's name but this has been delayed because the name The Amy Winehouse Foundation has already been registered by someone else.

He said: "The plan is to help all children - not just rehabilitation, not just substance abuse. It's to help all children in need."

Shortly after her death, Mitch Winehouse met with senior politicians in parliament to discuss drugs policy and treatment services.

Winehouse's father told friends and family at the singer's funeral service that she had been her happiest "for years" in her final days.

A cremation in Golders Green followed a private service at Edgwarebury Cemetery in Edgware, north London, on 26 July.

The singer won widespread acclaim with her 2003 debut album Frank, which saw her nominated for the Mercury prize.

But it was 2006's Back to Black which brought her worldwide stardom, and won her five Grammy Awards in the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14635384

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 23.08.11 20:06

Regarding the part about someone else having registered the name The Amy Winehouse Foundation, Sky news reported a couple of hours ago that the name of that person was Martin McCann. It possibly is not surprising that I can find no mention of this now!!!

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 23.08.11 21:36

Hi Marian. have just checked UK company House.

Martin McCann incorporated a company Amy Winehouse Foundation Ltd on 2 August, a week or so after Amy died.

By doing this, Mitch Winehouse cannot use the name or open a bank account in the name, meaning he has had to send back cheques he received after saying he would set up a Foundation in Amy's name.

On 11 August Mr Winehouse thro solicitors set up a company Amy Winehouse Charitable Foundation Ltd with family members on the Board.

the two companies with such similar names will obviously cause confusion to the public and i am surprised the Companies office allowed the second company name.

Apparently Mr Martin McCann (info from googling) has already bought domain names re Amy Winehouse. he is a business man living in Uxbridge DOB 7.4.1953.

What a bizarre coincidence that a McCann rushes to set up a company after a tragic event aimed at making money (from Mitch Winehouse paying him off). I have never understood why the other McCanns rushed to set up a company so soon after madeleine went missing. Its clear to me now that the Madeleine company is about money and not searching for her.

I just cannot believe that another McCann (presumably not related) is engaged in an unsavoury attempt to make money out of a sad event.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 23.08.11 21:39

@pauline wrote:I just cannot believe that another McCann (presumably not related) is engaged in an unsavoury attempt to make money out of a sad event.

You can't?

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More McCann chicanery - try saying that quickly

Post by Marian on 23.08.11 22:18

Thanks for that Pauline, this is really bizarre. Is there any information as to what the aims of the Martin McCann company are or is there no need to do so? Is it legal to set up a company for no other reason than to cause confusion with another reputable one?

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 23.08.11 23:55

@Marian wrote:Thanks for that Pauline, this is really bizarre. Is there any information as to what the aims of the Martin McCann company are or is there no need to do so? Is it legal to set up a company for no other reason than to cause confusion with another reputable one?

the aims of the Martin McCann company are to raise funds on behalf of people who are severely affected with substance abuse, alcohol related issues, domestic violence and relationship problems, and also other related aims.

When this company was set up, the Company's office could not know the real purpose. i am really surprised they allowed the name of Mr Mitchells company incorporated over a week later because of the similarity of the name he chose.

i think Mr McCann has worded his companies aims so that if Mr Mitchell buys his company it is already set up as he would want, and therefore he may be able to ask for more money for it.

An interesting thing about the docs i got from Company House is that they refer to the company as 'the charity'. It is normal to use the phrase 'the company' or a shortened version of the actual company name throughout the company docs rather than use the full company name It cannot be a charity because it takes normally 1 -2 months plus to get this status after incorporation. So the use of 'the charity' would appear to be another attempt to mislead the public.

Possibly the Consumer Authorities in the UK may be able to do something as people may donate to the wrong company.

The coincidence of the McCann name is amzing. there are so many coincidences in the Madeleine saga. While McCann is quite a common name, it is regionally common; in parts of Ireland, in Liverpool and in Scotland. Martin McCann lives in Harefield Uxbridge UK but he may not originally be from that part of the Uk. Are there any Martins in Gerry's family?

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOTBO on 24.08.11 7:33

@pauline wrote:
@Marian wrote:Thanks for that Pauline, this is really bizarre. Is there any information as to what the aims of the Martin McCann company are or is there no need to do so? Is it legal to set up a company for no other reason than to cause confusion with another reputable one?

the aims of the Martin McCann company are to raise funds on behalf of people who are severely affected with substance abuse, alcohol related issues, domestic violence and relationship problems, and also other related aims.

When this company was set up, the Company's office could not know the real purpose. i am really surprised they allowed the name of Mr Mitchells company incorporated over a week later because of the similarity of the name he chose.

i think Mr McCann has worded his companies aims so that if Mr Mitchell buys his company it is already set up as he would want, and therefore he may be able to ask for more money for it.

An interesting thing about the docs i got from Company House is that they refer to the company as 'the charity'. It is normal to use the phrase 'the company' or a shortened version of the actual company name throughout the company docs rather than use the full company name It cannot be a charity because it takes normally 1 -2 months plus to get this status after incorporation. So the use of 'the charity' would appear to be another attempt to mislead the public.

Possibly the Consumer Authorities in the UK may be able to do something as people may donate to the wrong company.

The coincidence of the McCann name is amzing. there are so many coincidences in the Madeleine saga. While McCann is quite a common name, it is regionally common; in parts of Ireland, in Liverpool and in Scotland. Martin McCann lives in Harefield Uxbridge UK but he may not originally be from that part of the Uk. Are there any Martins in Gerry's family?

So Pauline in your theory McCann would be rare in PDL well apartment 5a is owned by a Ruth Margeret Mccann.

http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/05/ruth-mccann-paid-e40000-for-photos-of-5a/

A Pauline Frances McCann worked in the creche.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAULINE-MCCANN.htm

Both state not related, but I have as yet to find out if the PJ actually checked that out, they might not be directly blood related, but the husband/father might.

Has anyone else confirmed if the PJ has done a check.

MOTBO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The McCann extended family

Post by Marian on 24.08.11 8:52

It would certainly be intriguing to see if Gerry's father John had any brothers and sisters and if so the details of their descendants. It's hard to believe that none of these other McCanns have any connection whatever to Gerry.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 24.08.11 10:28

I was aware of the other McCanns in PDL and not only just in PDL at that time but one the owner of 5A and the other a nanny in the creche where Madeleine spent so many happy hours according to Kate.

As far as we know these two are not related. I felt it was an incredible coincidence. If the name had been Smith, I would not have thought that much of it.

Now we have Martin McCann acting in a cynical way against a distraught family (Winehouses) to make money and perhaps also to get himself some notoriety. Maybe he might even be paid for interviews.

Certainly this McCann learnt from the Rothley McCanns how to cash in on tragedy. His modus operandi - the rapid setting up of an ordinary (not charitable) limited company with a misleading title - is exactly the same as the Mccanns.

Wonder if the Rothley McCanns are considering Martin for the board of the Madeleine Fund - he seems to be of the calibre they want!

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOTBO on 24.08.11 10:38

@pauline wrote:I was aware of the other McCanns in PDL and not only just in PDL at that time but one the owner of 5A and the other a nanny in the creche where Madeleine spent so many happy hours according to Kate.

As far as we know these two are not related. I felt it was an incredible coincidence. If the name had been Smith, I would not have thought that much of it.

Now we have Martin McCann acting in a cynical way against a distraught family (Winehouses) to make money and perhaps also to get himself some notoriety. Maybe he might even be paid for interviews.

Certainly this McCann learnt from the Rothley McCanns how to cash in on tragedy. His modus operandi - the rapid setting up of an ordinary (not charitable) limited company with a misleading title - is exactly the same as the Mccanns.

Wonder if the Rothley McCanns are considering Martin for the board of the Madeleine Fund - he seems to be of the calibre they want!

But why did Ruth McCann state that GM and KH paid her £1,500 for the apartment for that week, when DP had booked the apartment through Mark Warner. To me not logical Mark Warner paying her for a sub let yes but even £1,500 just for the apartment is financial suicide.

MOTBO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 24.08.11 11:07

[quote="MOTBO"
But why did Ruth McCann state that GM and KH paid her £1,500 for the apartment for that week, when DP had booked the apartment through Mark Warner. To me not logical Mark Warner paying her for a sub let yes but even £1,500 just for the apartment is financial suicide.[/quote]

But did Ruth McCann say they paid her DIRECTLY that €1500. Could she have meant that the rent for the apartment for that week was €1500 (which she would get from MWarner) but obviously the ultimate payer of the €1500 is the McCanns when they pay the package price to MWarner.

I agree I cant see how the MCanns would paid her directly as they were on a package - flights/accom/breakfast and dinner - and the total would have been paid to MWarner a few weeks before the holiday began.

The rent for the apartment (it was early season) is indeed high, but not relevant to the search for Madeleine.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOTBO on 24.08.11 11:13

@pauline wrote:[quote="MOTBO"
But why did Ruth McCann state that GM and KH paid her £1,500 for the apartment for that week, when DP had booked the apartment through Mark Warner. To me not logical Mark Warner paying her for a sub let yes but even £1,500 just for the apartment is financial suicide.

But did Ruth McCann say they paid her DIRECTLY that €1500. Could she have meant that the rent for the apartment for that week was €1500 (which she would get from MWarner) but obviously the ultimate payer of the €1500 is the McCanns when they pay the package price to MWarner.

I agree I cant see how the MCanns would paid her directly as they were on a package - flights/accom/breakfast and dinner - and the total would have been paid to MWarner a few weeks before the holiday began.

The rent for the apartment (it was early season) is indeed high, but not relevant to the search for Madeleine.[/quote]

Very relevant if an extra apartment was booked explains lack of Madeleines DNA in 5a, 4 booked by DP one by the McCanns. IMO preplaned as other posters have suggested.

MOTBO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.08.11 11:23

We seem to have wandered away from what this thread is about. It is about Amy Winehouse, please feel free to start a thread on the apartment etc., and posts here can be transfered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.09.13 14:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVxFPxYyw0

Memories of Amy Winehouse on what would have been her 30th birthday.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.09.13 20:14

Such a shame a young life lost. roses  What a talent she was.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum