The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Oscar Queiros writes on the injustice done to Goncalo Amaral

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oscar Queiros writes on the injustice done to Goncalo Amaral

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 21:57

PearlB wrote:Stuck in a foreign Country I think I'd panic and call anyone and everyone. Lets be honest, god forbid if it happened to you or me WTF would we do? Where would we start? I'd want EVERYONE and ANYONE to know that my child had been taken. We also have to take into consideration the absolute shock and horror state that they would have been in.

I don't think I would have made so many phone calls, worried everyone etc., after all she could have wandered off and been found very quickly. But to be on the phone ring as you say everyone and anyone seems a bit strange. I think I would have been out searching.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 22:01

candyfloss wrote:
PearlB wrote:Stuck in a foreign Country I think I'd panic and call anyone and everyone. Lets be honest, god forbid if it happened to you or me WTF would we do? Where would we start? I'd want EVERYONE and ANYONE to know that my child had been taken. We also have to take into consideration the absolute shock and horror state that they would have been in.

I don't think I would have made so many phone calls, worried everyone etc., after all she could have wandered off and been found very quickly. But to be on the phone ring as you say everyone and anyone seems a bit strange. I think I would have been out searching.......
I come from a large family and in my despair would have called them.....and it would have been like spaghetti junction on the mobile phone lines .If your family can't be physically with you, the mobile phone is the only option. I see nothing wrong at all with keeping family informed minute by minute, mine would have wanted to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perelli on 06.01.10 22:06

candyfloss wrote:

Eh? Did you not just establish that neither parent phoned Sky or BBC, are you implying that they are now responsible for phone calls made by OTHER people?

Perelli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 22:22

Are you talking to me Perelli, we were talking about the parents making so many phone calls that night to family and friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perelli on 06.01.10 22:27

candyfloss wrote:Are you talking to me Perelli, we were talking about the parents making so many phone calls that night to family and friends.

Sorry, sorry, my mistake, I thought it was the allegation that the parents had called Sky News before they called the police that was being debunked (didn't read properly)

Perelli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sans_souci on 06.01.10 22:27

Well there is a wonderful opportunity for you, candyfloss. The world is crying out for a manual of "how proper parents should behave in an emergency". I am sure your words of wisdom will be accorded their true value.

sans_souci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 22:37

@sans_souci wrote:Well there is a wonderful opportunity for you, candyfloss. The world is crying out for a manual of "how proper parents should behave in an emergency". I am sure your words of wisdom will be accorded their true value.

Ah sarcasm the lowest form of wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 23:21

candyfloss wrote:Bit of a discrepancy in the two statements there. FP stating SKY were phoned in late hours of Friday morning 4th May and RO stating she phone BBC Thrusday night 3rd May. The confusion probably arose because FP said RO phoned SKY when in fact she had phoned BBC. Considering there were only 2 hours of Thursday night left and police didn't arrive or weren't called straight away it is a close run thing. And why would you call the media anyway, it might scare an abductor and make them harm the child.

ETA Surely you would take police advice on this first, something as important as the life of your child, and we know the police were against this

No discrepancies. You're altering their statements. Trying to make an elephant out of a mosquito.

FP didn't state Sky were phoned, she's said she wasn't sure if it was Sky or BBC.
She didn't mention a date. As they were talking about who's made phonecalls on that evening/early in the morning of the next day, I suspect it's a typo and should read :
At some point in the evening I was aware that, I think it was really the late hours, or the morning..
RO's confirmed she's called a friend who's the wife of a BBC news reporter.

1578 'That was on the Thursday evening''
Reply 'That was on the Thursday night'.
1578 'What time would that have been''
Reply 'Well that was sort of you know, midnight after midnight (inaudible)"

What one person calls Thursday, Thursday night, midnight, after midnight, someone else calls the late hours or the morning.
Not that uncommon, nor important either.

The GNR was present when someone made that call and we don't know if they were against it.
It's been the PJ (GA) who's been against the press' involvement. Strange.
Wasn't Shannon found because the public was informed about her disappearance and someone reported something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.01.10 3:04

Molly wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Bit of a discrepancy in the two statements there. FP stating SKY were phoned in late hours of Friday morning 4th May and RO stating she phone BBC Thrusday night 3rd May. The confusion probably arose because FP said RO phoned SKY when in fact she had phoned BBC. Considering there were only 2 hours of Thursday night left and police didn't arrive or weren't called straight away it is a close run thing. And why would you call the media anyway, it might scare an abductor and make them harm the child.

ETA Surely you would take police advice on this first, something as important as the life of your child, and we know the police were against this

No discrepancies. You're altering their statements. Trying to make an elephant out of a mosquito.

FP didn't state Sky were phoned, she's said she wasn't sure if it was Sky or BBC.
She didn't mention a date. As they were talking about who's made phonecalls on that evening/early in the morning of the next day, I suspect it's a typo and should read :
At some point in the evening I was aware that, I think it was really the late hours, or the morning..
RO's confirmed she's called a friend who's the wife of a BBC news reporter.

1578 'That was on the Thursday evening''
Reply 'That was on the Thursday night'.
1578 'What time would that have been''
Reply 'Well that was sort of you know, midnight after midnight (inaudible)"

What one person calls Thursday, Thursday night, midnight, after midnight, someone else calls the late hours or the morning.
Not that uncommon, nor important either.

The GNR was present when someone made that call and we don't know if they were against it.
It's been the PJ (GA) who's been against the press' involvement. Strange.
Wasn't Shannon found because the public was informed about her disappearance and someone reported something?

Ha ha I'm altering the statements. Look back and see FP says SKY was phoned. She then says later on, SKY or BBC. And as for altering statements, YOU ARE changing them to suit you saying (quote)

I suspect it's a typo and should read :
RO's confirmed she's called a friend who's the wife of a BBC news reporter

So you are tellilng us how the statement should read....... right oh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.01.10 17:28

Jane Tanner - Record Of Tape Recorded Interview VI Duarte Levy Wordpress

Posted by Duarte Levy
January 31, 2009 • 3:18 AM

4078 “Okay it’s now seventeen forty two on the evening of the eighth of April, two thousand and eight, I’m DC FERGUSON from Major Crime Unit and you are
Reply “Jane TANNER”.
4078 “Lovely, we’ve done I think five interviews now today and the purpose of this interview which should be the final interview, circumstances permitting, it’s just to ask a couple of sort of relatively remote questions. When you relieved Russell”.
Reply “That’s got another head line”.
4078 “Do you remember which, do you remember which door Russell left your apartment by when he left after you’d taken over the care of Evie”?
Reply “I don’t but I would, I’m fairly sure it was the road side one, I would have thought it would be the, the road side one cos we didn’t really use, I don’t know, I would say the road side one but I can’t remember”.
4078 “That would be your guess”?
Reply “That would be my guess yeah”.
4078 “And also and you can’t be certain of this because can’t be certain of that and did you lock the doors behind him”?
Reply “Erm well you couldn’t, I doubt I dead locked it cos the door’s, if you just shut the doors they locked anyway, erm so nobody could have got, if, if it was the door, if it was the road side door, if you shut it, it locked but you could further dead lock it, erm so no I doubt it, I think I would have just shut it, I don’t think I would have dead locked it”.
4078 “But you would have needed the key to have got back in anyway”?
Reply “Yes”.
4078 “Or you would have had to have let him in”?
Reply “I would have had to let him in, or he would need a key to get back in yeah”.
4078 “Unless he went out of the patio, sorry the pool side door”?
Reply “Yeah and I think if he had gone out of there, I would have locked it and probably remembered, so I would say, I, I can’t say for sure but I would have said it was more likely, I don’t know, I honestly, I can’t (inaudible), I’m speculating, I don’t know”.
4078 “Okay, okay, do you remember when you told Russell that man carrying the child”?
Reply “It was when he’d, he came back from one of the searches, I don’t know, I can’t remember how soon after it was they came back or anything but it was straight him and, can’t remember if it was him and Dave or him and Matt but I remember two of them came back to the apartment and it was, it was then, straight away”.
4078 “And when you told Russell, did you tell him with a matter of urgency, as a matter of urgency, with an urgency to the way you were telling him, or was it just an oh by the way I saw this”?
Reply “Oh no, it was a definite oh effing blah you know, I think it was a definite, oh I think I’ve seen something you know, sort of a yeah”.
4078 “Yes, and do you remember whether that was before or after you told Fiona”?
Reply “I think it was, no but I think it, I think it was afterwards cos I think Fiona, I think Fiona was fairly soon after I’d seen Rachael, so I would, I would say it was after Fiona but that’s I, I couldn’t say for sure but I think it was after Fiona”.
4078 “So is your guess that Fiona was the first person you told”?
Reply “No Rachael was the first person I told”.
4078 “Right”.
Reply “And then Fiona and then I think when Russell and Matt or Russell and Dave, whoever it was that came back, I then, then told them”.
4078 “Right. I don’t know whether you’re going to be able to answer any, anything to do with this question, but I’ll ask it and then you can tell me whether you can answer it or not. Do you know if Rachael rang the BBC that night, or early in the morning, or there’s some mention of an email from David PAYNE to the BBC, do you have any knowledge of that”?
Reply “Erm I think I remember discussions about I think Gerry might have asked Dave to ring Sky, I don’t know whether it was that way, or no to email, there was some erm talk of, I can remember talk of emailing Sky, I don’t know what, where it came from and I think that was mainly Dave, and it was Dave that I don’t whether he did it or not but that was Dave cos I think at that point, I think me and Russell are more erm wary of the media and we were like oh is it the right thing to do, then I think it now because of contacting with (inaudible), I think it was the right thing to do but I know we were a bit more of sort of like um you know, calm down and in terms of Rachael, I know she has a friend who’s married to someone at the BBC so, but I don’t know whether, I can’t, I’m not sure if she actually did it, I think it was the next day, I don’t think it was during the night”.
4078 “Well we can clarify that with them”.
[b]

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe on 08.01.10 19:39

Rachel Oldfield, Rog:

on the night that Madeleine disappeared, on the Thursday, a friend of mine, or friends of Matt’s and mine, Kath and James LANDALE and James LANDALE’s a BBC News erm and at the time he was like Political Correspondent, I saw him the other night actually reading the news on BBC News 24 but I rang him, or I rang his wife Kath cos I had her mobile number, erm basically to say you know that Madeleine had gone missing, was there any way that we could get it on the news and that was, that was on the Thursday night, so I suppose and it was the loc, it was the, was it the Local Elections or something happening that day”?
00.05.56 1578 “I don’t know”.
Reply “There were some sort of Elections, must have been Local Elections and James was out, away reporting on that but anyway Kath put me in touch with him and I spoke to him and I spoke to a couple of people on the BBC News 24 desk,

Still looking for who rang Sky. But reading Rachael's Roggy again is so interesting. She remembers meeting Murat that night and talking to him, she mentions it numerous times and she is absolutely certain about it. It cannot be mistaken identity, he introduced himself by name.

Interestingly, the other person she remembers being there and being introduced to him is Silvia Baptista - the one Portuguese witness who also thought she met him that night.

Very strange.

preciousramotswe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe on 08.01.10 19:47

Fiona Payne, Roggy:

Did you hear any of the conversations relating to any kind of TV crews, i.e. the BBC or the ITV?”

“No”.

“Anything like that at all?”
“No”.

“Did you hear any names who anybody was speaking to at that time?”

“Other than the family obviously?”

“At some point in the evening I was aware that, I think it was really the late hours of the morning, that, erm, I think, was it Rachael who had contacted SKY. Bit I think at that point it was just, we just felt nothing was happening and, you know, you’re just desperate wondering what to do. And I think I was aware that at some point, I think SKY News it was or BBC, one or the other, had been called by a member of our group”.

“Right.

“But not Kate and Gerry, I mean, they didn’t”.

preciousramotswe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe on 08.01.10 20:05

Russell O'Brien:

00.21.53 1578 “Do you know who informed the media of Madeleine’s disappearance”?
Reply “There were several attempts during the night to, to look about getting an email out to something like Sky or something like that, I don’t actually think that ever happened in the end, just because of practicalities and other people doing it but my inclination is that Rachael, Rachael OLDFIELD spoke to a colleague err back in the UK who either worked for the BBC or at least knew someone who worked for the BBC, so I, I, I think it was Rachael”.
1578 “Do you know when they were informed”?
Reply “Erm I think I got this out, slightly out of place when we were discussing it before and talked about it really about the next morning, I think I can, I think I can picture err Rachael talking to erm somebody at the News Desk in our, from our flat, err in the dead of night really, so quite err, quite late on, three, four am maybe but I really don’t, I really don’t know, but it was well after the, the main, the main kind of rush of, of, of the search and the events and it’s when we were back at the, back at the apartments later on”.
1578 “So that was the Media”?
Reply “That was the Media”.

preciousramotswe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe on 08.01.10 20:12

It really isn't clear who called Sky.
Rachael called the BBC because she had a good friend who was married to one of their journalists. That's about all that can be said for sure.

preciousramotswe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatsinaName on 08.01.10 20:16

Matthew Oldfield

it just seemed like a good idea at the time, you know, to sort of try and get some exposure. And I think we rang up James or his wife, Kath LANDALE, and asked, you know, how we, how you could do that and they gave us a number. And then I think, we hadn't, erm, I think then there was phone contact between Rachael and the desk, saying, you know, do you want to go forward with this, because we, we mentioned it but didn't sort of authorise anybody to sort of to go, because we hadn't spoken to the Police yet, we didn't know what they wanted to do, erm, and how they'd feel about it, so we held it back, but I think there were people within the group and it sort of got out pretty quickly'.

WhatsinaName

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatsinaName on 08.01.10 20:17

It isn't clear who's called Sky, nor when they were called.
Rachel said she's called the BBC. Confirmed by her husband.

WhatsinaName

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 08.01.10 20:21

If the Child Had Really Gone Missing, THere's Nothing Wrong with Calling the Media. IMHO. Unless You are Dealing with Princess Anne or Mexican Drug Cartels, It's 99% More Likely the Child was Not Kidnapped for Ransom.

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum