The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Post by Hummingbird on 03.08.12 14:07

Firstly the carrier bags held by Madeleine, FPs eldest daughter and DW have the letters newswe.... on them.

I have studied this video and a few things have to be considered, we have always believed that this particular video was taken when they had ARRIVED at Faro in Portugal.

So consider this. It was taken in the UK. I know that one of you (sorry forget who) says that they have used East Mids frequently and have never been bussed out but I can tell you I have used it and have been bussed. If the aircraft is 'parked' too far from the terminal they will bus you out for safety reasons.

Also consider this. FPs youngest is still in her buggy. I believe that they kept her in her buggy until they got to the plane steps and then the baggage handlers place the buggies in a separate hold to be collected upon landing but generally NOT until you are in the terminal. Again I have travelled through Faro with a little one and I remember collecting the buggy from a separate baggage section.

Also I think as DP was 'filming' with his video camera he did so on the bus GOING to the aircraft and then again, as he was already in filming mode, he continued whilst the youngsters were walking up the steps.

Once they arrived they would have look far more dishevelled, the kids would have been on a 2+ hour plane journey the bags would have been opened and probably left on the plane etc. Oh and FPs youngest is wrapped in a blanket, just right for April/May in the UK.

Never really thought about it before but it seems obvious now. What difference it makes to anything I have no idea but I am now convinced this was taken in the UK and not Portugal.

Anyone know for sure who released this video and what they actually said about it - did they say it was in Portugal or have we all just believed it from the start?

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.08.12 15:57

@Hummingbird wrote:Firstly the carrier bags held by Madeleine, FPs eldest daughter and DW have the letters newswe.... on them.

I have studied this video and a few things have to be considered, we have always believed that this particular video was taken when they had ARRIVED at Faro in Portugal.

So consider this. It was taken in the UK. I know that one of you (sorry forget who) says that they have used East Mids frequently and have never been bussed out but I can tell you I have used it and have been bussed. If the aircraft is 'parked' too far from the terminal they will bus you out for safety reasons.

Also consider this. FPs youngest is still in her buggy. I believe that they kept her in her buggy until they got to the plane steps and then the baggage handlers place the buggies in a separate hold to be collected upon landing but generally NOT until you are in the terminal. Again I have travelled through Faro with a little one and I remember collecting the buggy from a separate baggage section.

Also I think as DP was 'filming' with his video camera he did so on the bus GOING to the aircraft and then again, as he was already in filming mode, he continued whilst the youngsters were walking up the steps.

Once they arrived they would have look far more dishevelled, the kids would have been on a 2+ hour plane journey the bags would have been opened and probably left on the plane etc. Oh and FPs youngest is wrapped in a blanket, just right for April/May in the UK.

Never really thought about it before but it seems obvious now. What difference it makes to anything I have no idea but I am now convinced this was taken in the UK and not Portugal.

Anyone know for sure who released this video and what they actually said about it - did they say it was in Portugal or have we all just believed it from the start?

The text for this vid http://www.reuters.com/video/2007/05/29/pope-agrees-to-meet-mccann-family?videoId=54749 says its taken in the start of their trip. So I think we can assume you are right, this is filmed on the airport bus in UK on their way to Portugal, and then he filmed them going into the plain in UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 03.08.12 20:13

@Hummingbird wrote:Firstly the carrier bags held by Madeleine, FPs eldest daughter and DW have the letters newswe.... on them.

Good evening Hummingbird, i said that I frequently travel to and from east Midlands and our daughter does when she visits us here in Spain. I have never used a bus there neither has our daughter, in fact I wish I had a tenner for every time that I have got wet through walking to or from the plane steps. But you have so there must be some flights where the passengers are taken by a shuttle bus. No arguments, and as you say what difference does it make, in the great scheme of things nothing. winkwink

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.08.12 20:58

Nowt else eh? Nina... notme

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird on 03.08.12 21:07

Evening Nina. I certainly don't say I am not believing what you are saying and I agree that now EMA is a walk to aircraft situation as they have changed the terminals greatly BUT it used to be that you did get bussed to the planes in the past before the changes occurred. Where the flights gates are now it used to be all bars and you had to walk for miles to get bussed out to the flights! Now I cannot say when they updated the airport but it may be that when the McCanns flew out they were bussed out to the flight it was a few years ago I flew out to Portugal from there. Anyway whether this happened before they left or when they arrived it changes nothing, Madeleine is still missing and we are no closer to the truth! All it perhaps highlights is yet another non truth. I was just personally 'shocked' when I looked at the video with a different mind set and realised that it actually was before they left the UK as I had always been of the belief that it was when they had arrived in Faro. I had never taken a look at the video that well, never looked a the carrier bags or the fact that Gerry is actually talking (or moving his mouth) the whole time the video is on him. Makes you wonder what else we are all thinking is right and need to take a fresh look at!!! Hope the weather is better there in Spain than here in the UK!!

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 04.08.12 0:55

I have studied this video before and a clue to the time it was taken are the plastic bags that the kids and dianne webster are holding, which they would have got from the airport duty free area. The bag is 'Newsweek' (man with sunglasses). I've tried to trace Newsweek backcopies but maybe someone else might have better luck

Also, Maddies pink tracksuit bottoms. On the airplane steps they are long... yet on the bus they are cut 'short' to just above the knees. Later pictures from the holiday in the playground & close ups the pink tracksuit are long to the feet. Did they change Maddie on the plane and carry in their hand luggage the short cut bottoms? (never to be worn again except on the bus). Paynes daughter who was on the place steps has a long sleeve top, yet on the bus it is short sleeve. If you pause the video just before the cut to the bus you see clearly and the daughters face which looks different to the one sitting next to Maddie on the bus

Diane Webster also looks different from the bus to a snap of her on the holiday, as does the baby in the buggy as well as fiona payne. Nothing in their pictures are ever consistent!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 04.08.12 1:32

@Hummingbird wrote:Evening Nina. I certainly don't say I am not believing what you are saying and I agree that now EMA is a walk to aircraft situation as they have changed the terminals greatly BUT it used to be that you did get bussed to the planes in the past before the changes occurred. Where the flights gates are now it used to be all bars and you had to walk for miles to get bussed out to the flights! Now I cannot say when they updated the airport but it may be that when the McCanns flew out they were bussed out to the flight it was a few years ago I flew out to Portugal from there. Anyway whether this happened before they left or when they arrived it changes nothing, Madeleine is still missing and we are no closer to the truth! All it perhaps highlights is yet another non truth. I was just personally 'shocked' when I looked at the video with a different mind set and realised that it actually was before they left the UK as I had always been of the belief that it was when they had arrived in Faro. I had never taken a look at the video that well, never looked a the carrier bags or the fact that Gerry is actually talking (or moving his mouth) the whole time the video is on him. Makes you wonder what else we are all thinking is right and need to take a fresh look at!!! Hope the weather is better there in Spain than here in the UK!!

Deleted comment - attached to wrong message

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 04.08.12 1:43

@jd wrote:I have studied this video before and a clue to the time it was taken are the plastic bags that the kids and dianne webster are holding, which they would have got from the airport duty free area. The bag is 'Newsweek' (man with sunglasses). I've tried to trace Newsweek backcopies but maybe someone else might have better luck

Also, Maddies pink tracksuit bottoms. On the airplane steps they are long... yet on the bus they are cut 'short' to just above the knees. Later pictures from the holiday in the playground & close ups the pink tracksuit are long to the feet. Did they change Maddie on the plane and carry in their hand luggage the short cut bottoms? (never to be worn again except on the bus). Paynes daughter who was on the place steps has a long sleeve top, yet on the bus it is short sleeve. If you pause the video just before the cut to the bus you see clearly and the daughters face which looks different to the one sitting next to Maddie on the bus

Diane Webster also looks different from the bus to a snap of her on the holiday, as does the baby in the buggy as well as fiona payne. Nothing in their pictures are ever consistent!

I have mentioned before on the forum that sometime ago a new member said that the plane where Madeleine is seen walking up the plane steps is a plane only used for internal UK flights not overseas ones. The McCanns seem to have stuck 2 videos together to make it seem that it is only one, that would be why Madeleine is wearing 2 different types of clothing, long tracksuit bottoms and then pink shorts and why the faces of the people in the videos are different.

Why would they need to do that? The only reason I can think of is that Madeleine never actually went to Portugal and was not on the flight, hence a substitute was used in Portugal.

The poster who mentioned about the type of plane has not posted since, I can't remember who it was now, but it is an interesting theory.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sorry I'm off topic but it's all JD's fault!

Post by Guest on 04.08.12 10:13

@jd wrote:I have studied this video before and a clue to the time it was taken are the plastic bags that the kids and dianne webster are holding, which they would have got from the airport duty free area. The bag is 'Newsweek' (man with sunglasses). I've tried to trace Newsweek backcopies but maybe someone else might have better luck

You've set my little grey cells whirling JD, quite an achievement. Here is a link to the covers of Newsweek for April 2007 and, guess what, the one with the McCann party is not there.

http://backissues.com/Manufacturer.do?code=Newsweek-Magazine&type=6&firstRow=1&noMiddleLinks=1&sortBy=codeAsc&submittedByUser=true&dateRangeFrom=20070401&dateRangeTo=20070430

I've looked at January to March and May 2007 and it's not there either. However, it looks from the photos that the image of the man in sunglasses is simply a picture on the bag or something inside it and is not an actual magazine cover.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 04.08.12 14:31

Thanks for the link Jean, great find..It took me ages before to try and find these back copies which came to no avail. I've just been through the back issues as far back as 2005 but cannot find this picture cover. Its definitely a cover on the bag as both webster and the kids have the same plastic bags. I think that these bags are distributed in a period timescale, most likely monthly or quarterly

On the walk to the plane, it looks like gerry is loaded with bags - red shoulder bag, smaller black bag (can't see the infamous blue bag but maybe that wasn't hand luggage?) but on the airport bus there is a good pan around the area where they are all sitting and I can't see these bags - the red one in particular should stand out and be easy to spot. Don't remember seeing a red bag in the PJ photos of the apartment 5a, nor any of these plastic bags, nor the clothes they were wearing on these last pics and video.. What is it with this lot and disappearing bags & clothes? All the adults we can see are wearing jeans.. not a big deal but think there was a statement somewhere making a big deal about not having jeans on holiday. I don't remember any photos of them wearing jeans whilst in PDL?

Its interesting that there is no sign of the plastic bags on the way to the plane yet they have them on the bus. Maybe kate mccann or diane webster were holding them all on the walk to the plane. What intrigues me is that if this video, poolside pic and tennis girl pic are true, then why were they not given to the PJ? Why use an old picture of Maddie on the poster on the night of 3rd May when they had these up-to-date materials? The tennis girl pic was released with Pat Perkins chain email on 9th May (might also have been in the press before) so if this was sent to her then why does the actual police investigation team not have them?

To me the poolside pic and this video were doctored (if you'll excuse the pun!). Timelines:

19th May..gerry mccann goes back to the UK...Poolside pic released 'in the media' 24th May (philomena mccann says gerry mccann went to look at old photos and videos of Maddie)

21st/22nd May...The paynes go back to the UK....Airport video bus released 'in the media' 27th May

Looks to me that they needed materials which they didn't have in PDL which they got on their returns to the UK, probably on the advice of their 'new friend' clarence mitchell who would know a thing or two about spinning and PR!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.08.12 20:26

JD wrote: [....] Timelines:

19th May..gerry mccann goes back to the UK...Poolside pic released 'in the media' 24th May (philomena mccann says gerry mccann went to look at old photos and videos of Maddie)

21st/22nd May...The paynes go back to the UK....Airport video bus released 'in the media' 27th May

Looks to me that they needed materials which they didn't have in PDL which they got on their returns to the UK, probably on the advice of their 'new friend' clarence mitchell who would know a thing or two about spinning and PR!
unquote

A timeline of the released photographs will be very interesting. In addition to that a number of photographs were released by the family - imo probably without the blessing of CM and the McCs themselves as they do not show Maddie to be anything like the iconic photograph.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird on 05.08.12 10:44

@jd wrote:Thanks for the link Jean, great find..It took me ages before to try and find these back copies which came to no avail. I've just been through the back issues as far back as 2005 but cannot find this picture cover. Its definitely a cover on the bag as both webster and the kids have the same plastic bags. I think that these bags are distributed in a period timescale, most likely monthly or quarterly

On the walk to the plane, it looks like gerry is loaded with bags - red shoulder bag, smaller black bag (can't see the infamous blue bag but maybe that wasn't hand luggage?) but on the airport bus there is a good pan around the area where they are all sitting and I can't see these bags - the red one in particular should stand out and be easy to spot. Don't remember seeing a red bag in the PJ photos of the apartment 5a, nor any of these plastic bags, nor the clothes they were wearing on these last pics and video.. What is it with this lot and disappearing bags & clothes? All the adults we can see are wearing jeans.. not a big deal but think there was a statement somewhere making a big deal about not having jeans on holiday. I don't remember any photos of them wearing jeans whilst in PDL?

Its interesting that there is no sign of the plastic bags on the way to the plane yet they have them on the bus. Maybe kate mccann or diane webster were holding them all on the walk to the plane. What intrigues me is that if this video, poolside pic and tennis girl pic are true, then why were they not given to the PJ? Why use an old picture of Maddie on the poster on the night of 3rd May when they had these up-to-date materials? The tennis girl pic was released with Pat Perkins chain email on 9th May (might also have been in the press before) so if this was sent to her then why does the actual police investigation team not have them?

To me the poolside pic and this video were doctored (if you'll excuse the pun!). Timelines:

If you take a really close look at the video you can just see that GM is holding a red bag on the floor between his legs as the video pans over to him. You only just catch a glimpse of it but it is there.

As for the long trousers suddenly 3/4 trousers and the 3/4 sleeves suddenly long sleeves???

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 05.08.12 10:50

@Hummingbird wrote:
@jd wrote:Thanks for the link Jean, great find..It took me ages before to try and find these back copies which came to no avail. I've just been through the back issues as far back as 2005 but cannot find this picture cover. Its definitely a cover on the bag as both webster and the kids have the same plastic bags. I think that these bags are distributed in a period timescale, most likely monthly or quarterly

If you take a really close look at the video you can just see that GM is holding a red bag on the floor between his legs as the video pans over to him. You only just catch a glimpse of it but it is there.

As for the long trousers suddenly 3/4 trousers and the 3/4 sleeves suddenly long sleeves???

And very warm and sunny with GM just in tee shirt sleeves and the sun shining on the backs of the two girls climb the steps. What time was the flight, does anyone know?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum