The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Post by Guest on 03.07.11 8:18

@lj wrote:I see what you mean Stella, thanks.

They (OC) are also juggling a bit strange with the number of cots, assuming that cotx1 means one cot. You would expect they cot change that to cotx2 or 3 instead of having it hidden somewhere at the end of the message.

Exactly. It's no wonder David Payne's extra cot ended up in Gerry's apartment, allegedly !!!

Did you also spot that Tanner & O'Brien originally booked a 1 bed apartment, but as we know ended up with a 2 bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 03.07.11 18:11

Stella wrote:
@lj wrote:I see what you mean Stella, thanks.

They (OC) are also juggling a bit strange with the number of cots, assuming that cotx1 means one cot. You would expect they cot change that to cotx2 or 3 instead of having it hidden somewhere at the end of the message.

Exactly. It's no wonder David Payne's extra cot ended up in Gerry's apartment, allegedly !!!

Did you also spot that Tanner & O'Brien originally booked a 1 bed apartment, but as we know ended up with a 2 bed.

Hi Stella, I really don't understand why you find this odd? some one ending up with a two bed despite booking one bed, this is NORMAL for any one who has worked in travel and hotel industry, nothing ODD about that at all, I see you find it strange , could you explain why this is? and as for the bookings as you have put on the top of this page, they look as if they have been put up in wrong order, the booking has been split in half and the bottom one should be at the TOP,
trust me their is nothing IMHO that is suss about this, that is why I need to know why you feel is this odd or suspicious ? thanks

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 03.07.11 18:55

I have to agree with dragonfly.

You have to get what you booked and paid for, but sometimes that is not available, so you often then get something better for no extra cost. It has happened to me. The same thing applies with car hire. You book a basic car to keep the cost down, but it often turns out that all those cars are gone (as many opt for the cheapest car) so you get a better car for the same price and you are very happy.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 04.07.11 2:04

i agree with Stella this is very odd the request before they arrive in 5a in the statements they dont mention this and say who the bed was for

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.07.11 8:21

@pauline wrote:I have to agree with dragonfly.

You have to get what you booked and paid for, but sometimes that is not available, so you often then get something better for no extra cost.

We are not talking about a reservation in high season Pauline.

We are not even talking about a small hotel here.

It was the second week at the start of the holiday season, when there was hardly anyone else about and most of the nanny's had just arrived to work the whole season.

There was NO other guests booked into block 5. Only 6 rooms booked in block 4 and only 6 rooms booked in block 6.

Mark Warner had no reason whatsoever to have to move Tanner & O'Brien down to availability.

But what is more concerning, is why no one other than Fiona Payne even mentions the room upgrade.

That is why it is suspicious, along with the fact that the OC daily lists state that G5D was a T1. Tipo is bedrooms. Which means according to OC, Tanner & O'Brien had a one bedroom. Explain that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.07.11 8:36

@dragonfly wrote:
Hi Stella, I really don't understand why you find this odd? some one ending up with a two bed despite booking one bed, this is NORMAL for any one who has worked in travel and hotel industry, nothing ODD about that at all, I see you find it strange , could you explain why this is?
It is not normal for anyone to receive an upgrade the second week of an empty holiday season in April, for no reason at all.

and as for the bookings as you have put on the top of this page, they look as if they have been put up in wrong order, the booking has been split in half and the bottom one should be at the TOP,
They are the RIGHT way round Dragonfly. The links for both pages in full are at the bottom of the page. Do make sure you note the page 1 and page 2 at the bottom.

trust me their is nothing IMHO that is suss about this, that is why I need to know why you feel is this odd or suspicious ? thanks
I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who couldn't even be bothered to check out the facts first, before trying to justify their bookings.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P2/02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_334.jpg

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P2/02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_335.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 04.07.11 8:44

Stella, availability works both ways.

As you state, it was early season so they had lots of vacant apartments. So consider the possibility they gave a bigger apartment than ordered (for same cost) to keep a client happy (and rebooking for future holidays) From their point of view there's no cost to them if the larger one wasn't booked and they know from experience at that time unlikely to be.

Now you can say why didn't the rest of the party get larger apartments than ordered and I dont know. But do businesses always act logically? maybe the Payne's were the lead bookers and as such got the better deal they didn't request.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.07.11 9:17

The Payne's did book that holiday allegedly !! I say allegedly, because that is what we have been told all along. But as far as I know the ones who book the holiday are usually the lead passengers and it is their name who appears first on the list. But as we can see the Payne's are not first.

It is not just about who ordered what and or who got what. It is more about records that do no match up with police statements. About why only one adult in a group of 9 mentions all that all the others got a room upgrade. That's right. Fiona said that they were the only ones to book a 2 bed and that all the others only booked a 1 bed, but somehow all got upgrades. Now in that statement alone we have two very important questions.

1. Why did Fiona say that they were the only ones to book a 2 bed, when on the paperwork it clearly says that the McCann's booked a 2 bed? The Payne's actually made that booking remember !!

2. Fiona said "they all got upgrades". The Oldfields said they were in G5B, which is a 1 bed. How do you explain that one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.07.11 9:35

1485: "Where was it booked, was it booked in shop or was it booked over the Internet?"
FP Reply: "Yeah, it was booked on-line".

1485: "And was there a brochure that showed the holiday?"
FP Reply: "We had a brochure through the, through the post".

1485: "Yeah. And who was instrumental in the booking?"
FP Reply: "Dave I think did the actual on-line, but it was, it was both of us. I'm trying to think if anybody booked for themselves. I think, I think all of it. I, I have a feeling Kate and Gerry might have booked their part. Dave will probably remember more. I know we definitely booked for Matt and Rachael and handled their money and Russ and Jane we handled their money. I have a feeling, we probably booked it for Kate and Gerry but I think they paid, we didn't pay for them, I think Gerry paid directly. As I say, Dave did the actual booking and he might remember more about that".

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.07.11 9:40

1485: "Tell me about when you get to the resort and, the booking-in procedure, where you eventually, where your apartment was, what number it was, tell me all about the, our intro?"

FP Reply: "Yeah, we arrived, at the sort of main reception area, got everybody out, I think the men went in to do the actual booking-in, I remember just standing out with Kate outside with all the baggage and the children, so it's either both Dave and Gerry or just Dave went in and, and booked us all in. then we had to wait for the sort of MARK WARNER bus to pick up and take us to the apartments, there was a bit of a wait there, about fifteen minutes or so and then, yeah, a chap came with a minibus and we all sort of piled in with all the luggage and he took us to the apartments. This sounds ridiculous, but I can't even remember the number of the apartment I was in. I can't remember. But we were on the second floor, so we were one up, everybody else was on the ground floor. And we were the only ones that had, had booked to have a two bedroomed apartment. I think Matt and, Russ and Jane had only booked a one bedroomed one but they actually did get a two bedroomed one. So whether that was because of, and that made us one floor up, I don't know.
What was Fiona about to say then but stopped herself, "so whether that was because of" ? Because of what ? Because of someone very influential they knew out there by any chance? Maybe the same person who booked them into the tapas bar for the whole week ??

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 04.07.11 12:21

Luisa Ana de Noronha de Azevedo Coutinho

She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the elements of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.11 10:57

Why didn't the PJ ask Kate why she needed an extra bed ?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.11 11:19

Stella wrote:Why didn't the PJ ask Kate why she needed an extra bed ?
Perhaps they already know.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.11 11:33

@PeterMac wrote:
Stella wrote:Why didn't the PJ ask Kate why she needed an extra bed ?
Perhaps they already know.

..... and maybe why they never asked Tanner, why she booked a 1 bed and got a 2 bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 09.07.11 2:19

@ROSA wrote:Luisa Ana de Noronha de Azevedo Coutinho

She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the elements of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.
This man booking for the( whole group) it means i think that he is also part of that group that is why he can do that and he must be staying in a apartment there maybe 5a if the extra bed was for him we need to find out who he is

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.07.11 10:49

@ROSA wrote:
This man booking for the( whole group) it means i think that he is also part of that group that is why he can do that and he must be staying in a apartment there maybe 5a if the extra bed was for him we need to find out who he is
No, I don't think the extra bed was for him ROSA. He was in one of the private apartments.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 09.07.11 23:25

Stella who was it for ?

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.07.11 10:45

ROSA, I'm not quite sure we can assume the McCann's did book an extra bed at this stage. I can think of 4 reasons to explain what we can see on that booking sheet, maybe there are more reasons?

1. The McCann's DID book an extra bed, for who, as yet we do not know.
2. The McCann's did NOT book an extra bed, but someone who made the booking for them, did?
3. The McCann's did NOT book an extra bed and the paperwork was wrong before they left for that holiday?
4. The paperwork we can see are not the originals and someone has added the extra bed to the wrong family?

Point number 3 makes me ask myself, if that was the case, why did the Payne's or the McCann's not spot this on the booking details? Presumably there is a charge for an extra bed, so who picked up the cost for that? Why did no one query the cost? If no one did, because it was not on the paperwork before they went on holiday. I am more inclined to think point number 4 explains things.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 10.07.11 12:23

Thankyou Stella Do you think the originals is lost ?

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.07.11 13:23

@ROSA wrote:Thankyou Stella Do you think the originals is lost ?

Companies are required by law to keep all of their records for 7 years, so I doubt very much they could have been lost accidentally.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 11.07.11 5:00

Its been 4 yrs now WE HAVE 3 YRS LEFT

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.07.11 13:38

I have just thought about something else.

On the Payne's booking, it does not mention a request for an extra bed, now does it?

Which means they would not have had a sofa bed in their room for Dianne Webster to sleep on.

Or, was the sofabed placed in G5A, as per the McCann booking and it was really the Payne's who were using G5A ??

Or, the McCann's were originally allocated G5H, where the sofa bed was put and they swapped with the Paynes, to ensure that the McCann's had the apartment closest to the street?

The McCann's booked an extra bed, but was not in their room.
The Payne's did not book an extra bed, yet DW was using one.
Tanner & O'Brien booked a 1 bed, but slept in a 2 bed.

Good grief, did this lot really stay in the rooms they were originally allocated? Because to me the paperwork does not match up with any of their statements.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 20.07.11 23:30

That is good work Stella you are clever to see this
thumbsup

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 22.07.11 1:16

Stella wrote:1485: "Tell me about when you get to the resort and, the booking-in procedure, where you eventually, where your apartment was, what number it was, tell me all about the, our intro?"

FP Reply: "Yeah, we arrived, at the sort of main reception area, got everybody out, I think the men went in to do the actual booking-in, I remember just standing out with Kate outside with all the baggage and the children, so it's either both Dave and Gerry or just Dave went in and, and booked us all in. then we had to wait for the sort of MARK WARNER bus to pick up and take us to the apartments, there was a bit of a wait there, about fifteen minutes or so and then, yeah, a chap came with a minibus and we all sort of piled in with all the luggage and he took us to the apartments. This sounds ridiculous, but I can't even remember the number of the apartment I was in. I can't remember. But we were on the second floor, so we were one up, everybody else was on the ground floor. And we were the only ones that had, had booked to have a two bedroomed apartment. I think Matt and, Russ and Jane had only booked a one bedroomed one but they actually did get a two bedroomed one. So whether that was because of, and that made us one floor up, I don't know.
What was Fiona about to say then but stopped herself, "so whether that was because of" ? Because of what ? Because of someone very influential they knew out there by any chance? Maybe the same person who booked them into the tapas bar for the whole week ??
Is she saying Katey and Gerry did also book a one bedroom one, but ended up having 2?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.07.11 9:57

@lj wrote:
Is she saying Katey and Gerry did also book a one bedroom one, but ended up having 2?

As they made the booking, by her own admission, I would say yes.

Yet another incidence where by their statements do not match the MW paperwork.

Hello, is that the Met...

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum