The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Mm11

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Mm11

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Regist10

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Empty Yes, but..

Post by tigger 14.08.11 19:17

lj wrote:I have trouble with all those complicated conspiracy theories too. First of all I don't believe there was the time to ponder and prepare all of those steps, and secondly I don't think the McCanns are smart enough. Look at all mistakes they made/make when they are left on their own, no way they can put a very complicated schedule together.

I have no doubt that all government employees send in to save the day had a kind of non-disclosure agreement. I would think though that that would be waived for interviews by police in either country. I dunno, but I think it would not be as absolute as the secrecy of confessions.

But these are not 'normal' people. As Dr. Ludke (McCanns abuse of power blog) pointed out as long ago as september 2007, doctors in particular are more protective of their children, since their profession confronts them with results of neglect or accidents.

IMO neither K or G have the software for empathy installed. It's just not there. You're quite right, they're way too stupid and arrogant to have made it so far on their own. So, although I'm not in the conspiracy camp, it was definitely in the interest of third parties to help these clowns.

I've really twisted myself into knots trying to avoid the Premeditation. But IMO there's no way round it. If only because it was executed so unbelievably badly, IMO again it was all their own plan. Nobody with more than half a brain would have gone for it. I might run a topic about where they got the ideas from (Soham/Everton, CEOP?/Amber Alert/the Fund/the publicity etc.).

Their back-up (in the shape of GB et al) has been tidying up after them for years now. Things are beginning to crack and we can only hope.

It's quite amusing to see how badly Clarrie has aged over this period. He must have thought it was easy money to start off with. But repairing the McCann's image time and time again has proved to be too much, even for him.

So let's hope that these third parties have made themselves safe from prosecution (they've had plenty of time) and can afford to let the McCann's sort themselves out. In the past the McC's could lean on one or two people, who leant on others in turn, but four years is a long time in the press as well as politics.
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)

Post by PeterMac 15.08.11 10:54

Monday 15th Aug
Amazon have dropped the price yet again. Clearly still have a lot of copies to shift.

Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
Buy new: £20.00 £8.99
29 new from £8.99 12 used from £8.00
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)

Post by Invinoveritas 15.08.11 11:23

Amazon.de have knocked the price for the original down as well,

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Dde-books-gurupa-us-subtier-tree&field-keywords=mccann

German edition still on offer for €16,99 for delivery on september 16th, as far as I can see no orders in yet.
Invinoveritas
Invinoveritas

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.08.11 12:07

Friday, 19th, just 4 days after my previous post

Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
Buy new: £20.00 £8.99
34 new from £6.74 12 used from £9.25
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Vern 19.08.11 12:14

I wouldn't wipe my arse on pages from the book, let alone read it.

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Empty Uses for Kate's book

Post by Guest 19.08.11 13:08

Thank you Big Vern for your heartfelt comment! Some people would say that this is all the book is good for but, for the sake of the sewage system, I ask them to show restraint. My mother had the responsibility as a child of cutting up the News of the World into small squares for use in this manner. I thought it was hilarious when I was a child but now the thought of anyone having to use newspaper for that purpose makes me cringe!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Empty amazon.co.uk bestseller lists

Post by tigger 01.09.11 8:15

I don't know if Amazon.com gives different info. but on the bestseller list I checked today it is:
May nr 1.
June nr. 38.
July ---not in top 100
August - not in top 100.

The publishers might not get much of their money back on this and the chance of royalties streaming in are very slim after such a large advance.
I've only seen it once in a bookshop here and only one copy, which I carefully put in a position where it would not be spotted easily. Just to preserve it for future generations of course.

The large advance will pretty well be halved by taxes anyway. Not such a big deal as it looked. Whereas I'm looking forward to buying Amaral's books. Apparently his book was selling very well, wonder if those copies are finally going to released by their dwarfish lawyer. It's all happening this month I hope.
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.09.11 8:31

tigger wrote:I don't know if Amazon.com gives different info. but on the bestseller list I checked today it is:
May nr 1.
June nr. 38.
July ---not in top 100
August - not in top 100.

The publishers might not get much of their money back on this and the chance of royalties streaming in are very slim after such a large advance.
I've only seen it once in a bookshop here and only one copy, which I carefully put in a position where it would not be spotted easily. Just to preserve it for future generations of course.

The large advance will pretty well be halved by taxes anyway. Not such a big deal as it looked. Whereas I'm looking forward to buying Amaral's books. Apparently his book was selling very well, wonder if those copies are finally going to released by their dwarfish lawyer. It's all happening this month I hope.
But if the Public believe the McCanns have made Millions from the book, as they predicted, that same public may now be less willing to hand over their pensions and pocket money.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Book out of top 100 in July (was: down to No.18 in June)  - Page 3 Empty Fooling some of the people all of the time

Post by Guest 01.09.11 8:42

I don't think that it's only children and senior citizens, PeterMac, who have been subsiding Team McCann so far! It would be interesting though to see whether or not certain age groups and social backgrounds are more likely to believe them than others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.09.11 10:40

Down again, this time to £4.09

"Madeleine by Kate McCann (12 May 2011)
Order in the next 30 hours to get it by Tuesday, Sep 27.
Hardcover £20.00 £10.00
New from £9.10
Used from £4.09"

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 25.09.11 11:49

It is now at position 749 in the top 1000. Our local Steimatsky shop had three copies, which have been sold, but they will not take in any more now.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 25.09.11 14:41

Shibboleth wrote:It is now at position 749 in the top 1000. Our local Steimatsky shop had three copies, which have been sold, but they will not take in any more now.

Wow thanks! Now in a "Rubbish Skip" near you get "Madeleine" the work of fiction by Kate McCann. Have they sold enough to pay off the advance they got - I can see the law courts looming for K & G if not as am sure they have spent the money on important things like

A) "good quality wristbands" OR
B) suing Tony Bennett and other honest folk just questioning their version of the evidence.

B is my version as they have been much more aggressive since "novel's" launch. I hope Katey's piggy bank is full (well the kids who gave to the "fund's aren't) to pay for this latest outrage (lol)
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 25.09.11 15:44

Kate doesn't have to worry about paying off the advance - its hers to keep. She only gets royalties once the advance is cleared and then she gets royalties as well. apparently the advance was very big because the publishers anticipated big profits. Its the publishers who have to worry cos as well as the advance they will have had big marketing costs and maybe part of the deal was paying travel and accom for the McCanns promoting the book.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 25.09.11 15:53

It makes you sick really. Kate McCann's "novel" is no more evidence than the latest Star Trek episode yet she gets paid up front with no guarantees of sales?

Having read her "bewk" it is not about "Madeleine" (well about 3 pages) all about her N Gerry getting together going through IVF then losing her through neglect in PDL!

If I had written a book (factual) about my daughter I would have dedicated a lot more than that to her life with me. Kate McCann sees it differently though (so we disagree on this immensely).
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 25.09.11 15:58

Gillyspot, usually only big selling writers or celebrity authors get decent advances. the 'ordinary writer, especially if its a first book might only get £500 on signing a contract and another £500 on producing the manuscript.

But I suppose kate can be classified as a 'celebrity' author. I do agree its more fiction than non fiction - really its impossible to classify accurately.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 25.09.11 16:12

pauline wrote:Gillyspot, usually only big selling writers or celebrity authors get decent advances. the 'ordinary writer, especially if its a first book might only get £500 on signing a contract and another £500 on producing the manuscript.

But I suppose kate can be classified as a 'celebrity' author. I do agree its more fiction than non fiction - really its impossible to classify accurately.

Having read it several times (purchased for kindle from amazon) everything that can be questioned I e not what is available in the media statements and the pj files is pretty much wrong in Kate'y novel regarding Madeleine. The earlier stuff IVF etc who knows as is not covered anywhere.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.09.11 16:19

I'd classify the book as "based on true events" like the made for TV movies; maybe a grain of truth here and there but not much else.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 25.09.11 16:43

Marian wrote:I'd classify the book as "based on true events" like the made for TV movies; maybe a grain of truth here and there but not much else.

But would still be in the "fiction" section surely!

I could write a book about Churchill and research it thoroughly but wouldn't know it was accurate or not. Kate asked her other (Team McCann) yet still came up with differing stories to the PJ evidence (Churchill memoirs didn't have PJ to corroborate them (or did they?)
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.09.11 17:27

I wonder when their million dollar vid will be out..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas 25.09.11 19:03

German version has flopped, now down to nr. 1380 in the top 100 after having been released on september 16th.
Invinoveritas
Invinoveritas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.09.11 8:28

And today ...Weds 28 Sept

Madeleine by Kate McCann (12 May 2011)
Hardcover
Order in the next 8 hours to get it by Thursday, Sep 29.
Buy new £20.00 £10.00
New from £8.99
Used from £4.55
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.09.11 9:18

I am surprised the books haven't ended up in the Pound Shop.
Majority of the people are no longer interested in the mccanns case, especially a book penned by kate - it's her diahorrea and nothing else.

Not only is this a cold case but it is a DEAD cold case. People don't believe the mccanns b.s.and most knew the mccanns did it and got away with it - who would want to contribute to their Fraud Fund?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.09.11 10:02

aiyoyo wrote:I am surprised the books haven't ended up in the Pound Shop....
They will. Very soon.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 28.09.11 14:02

And I still wouldn't buy it for a quid. It is nauseating just reading excerpts on this forum. If the majority of money was paying for a genuine search, with genuine investigators then I would of bought it...for Madeleine. But I don't believe most of the money is being used for this purpose.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas 30.09.11 17:20

Ha!

I´ve just checked my e-mail inbox and seen that Amazon.de sent me an e-mail with a selection of books to buy,top of the list was Madeleine in German, danged if I know why, the only book I´ve bought there is Daniela Prousa´s book, they seem to have a problem getting rid of it, the price has dropped from €16,99 to €10,95 and that in just two weeks
Invinoveritas
Invinoveritas

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top