The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Question To Anti's And Pro's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 19:24

Not attacking you or slagging you off, just curious.

Would you have felt the same towards the McCanns if they were not part of the NHS ? , but would you felt the same if they were just a jobless couple who save for a holiday and the same happened.


I guess all everyone could answer as well

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 19:34

I'm not in a position to answer but I'm curious too. Did you say you were 'anti' yourself at one point? To what degree were you 'anti'? Did you ever believe the McCanns were involved directly or just rattled because they left their children unattended.
TY

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 03.01.10 19:38

@rockyrobin wrote:Not attacking you or slagging you off, just curious.

Would you have felt the same towards the McCanns if they were not part of the NHS ? I know you have had a rough time with them, and understand that, but would you felt the same if they were just a jobless couple who save for a holiday and the same happened.


I guess all Anti's could answer as well

Are you talking to me?

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7121
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 19:42

Cherub wrote:I'm not in a position to answer but I'm curious too. Did you say you were 'anti' yourself at one point? To what degree were you 'anti'? Did you ever believe the McCanns were involved directly or just rattled because they left their children unattended.
TY

Yes i was an anti because i joined the Mirror Site and i have to admit was probably naughty posting silly theories. You know like the Last Photo Thread, the no neck threads (though not mine). They believed them although some where to out of this world to believe.
It is when they started banging on about the same old things trying to empathise something, or say it enough times people will believe. Then came the stalking, the outings, the attacks on posters by a gang (we all know who), i decided enough is enough, especially when the DVD files came out and Portugese Translators helped me a great deal at my work.

What extent did i do , well i changed usernames when i moved house and started another one with an new IP, so i was a new poster, and i pointed out things from the DVD that was mis-translated or missed.
Now i have your attention who was i on there. Put it this way in France i am the opposite side to England, and go in moats.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 19:43

jkh wrote:
@rockyrobin wrote:Not attacking you or slagging you off, just curious.

Would you have felt the same towards the McCanns if they were not part of the NHS ? I know you have had a rough time with them, and understand that, but would you felt the same if they were just a jobless couple who save for a holiday and the same happened.


I guess all Anti's could answer as well

Are you talking to me?

PM sent Jill

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 19:46

@rockyrobin wrote:
Cherub wrote:I'm not in a position to answer but I'm curious too. Did you say you were 'anti' yourself at one point? To what degree were you 'anti'? Did you ever believe the McCanns were involved directly or just rattled because they left their children unattended.
TY

Yes i was an anti because i joined the Mirror Site and i have to admit was probably naughty posting silly theories. You know like the Last Photo Thread, the no neck threads (though not mine). They believed them although some where to out of this world to believe.
It is when they started banging on about the same old things trying to empathise something, or say it enough times people will believe. Then came the stalking, the outings, the attacks on posters by a gang (we all know who), i decided enough is enough, especially when the DVD files came out and Portugese Translators helped me a great deal at my work

What extent did i do , well i changed usernames when i moved house and started another one with an new IP, so i was a new poster, and i pointed out things from the DVD that was mis-translated or missed.
Now i have your attention who was i on there. Put it this way in France i am the opposite side to England, and go in moats.

Actually you lost my attention on your second sentence. I can't make sense of your post. Are you taking the piss?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by twinkle on 03.01.10 19:47

Interesting Cherub, as I am sure there a plenty of people who did favour the "anti" side at the beginning.
Me being one of them, though did perch myself back on the fence.
Their status maybe did shock me initially, hearing the news without any information regarding the family did conjure up images in my mind. Not proud to say those images were of a family rather different than the MCcanns. I do think we all have preconceived opinion in our heads, these are often a result of programming. Bad people look like this, people who hurt children look like this, people who have good jobs behave like this. Well all bollocks of course. I quickly got over my inner snob, and I do pride myself on being someone who is extremely unjudgemental. I can't speak for others but other than my initial flicker, no the fact they were Doctors didn't create somekind of ridiculous discrimination against them.

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 19:52

Cherub wrote:
@rockyrobin wrote:
Cherub wrote:I'm not in a position to answer but I'm curious too. Did you say you were 'anti' yourself at one point? To what degree were you 'anti'? Did you ever believe the McCanns were involved directly or just rattled because they left their children unattended.
TY

Yes i was an anti because i joined the Mirror Site and i have to admit was probably naughty posting silly theories. You know like the Last Photo Thread, the no neck threads (though not mine). They believed them although some where to out of this world to believe.
It is when they started banging on about the same old things trying to empathise something, or say it enough times people will believe. Then came the stalking, the outings, the attacks on posters by a gang (we all know who), i decided enough is enough, especially when the DVD files came out and Portugese Translators helped me a great deal at my work

What extent did i do , well i changed usernames when i moved house and started another one with an new IP, so i was a new poster, and i pointed out things from the DVD that was mis-translated or missed.
Now i have your attention who was i on there. Put it this way in France i am the opposite side to England, and go in moats.

Actually you lost my attention on your second sentence. I can't make sense of your post. Are you taking the piss?

Sorry think of taps, or a Cold water tap

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 19:57

The fact they were doctors made no odds. Doctors are just as useless as the rest of us.

I'm saddened, surprised and disappointed that people still leave their children unattended. I think that probably influenced my thoughts on them and their ability to harm their child.

I don't warm to them as people, at all. I'm sure that influenced my thoughts on them.

I can't stand Clarence Mitchell. I'm certain that influenced my thoughts on them.

As a rule I generally trust policemen. I think that probably influenced my thoughts on them.

And I used to think that newspapers had to publish facts. I'm embarrassed to admit that influenced my thoughts on them.

I also easily get carried away with theories and conspiracies - that played a big part in my thoughts on them.

I'm just glad the files were made public and I left 3A.

____________________
and on day six God created the non-carbon triple duplicate complaint form.

vaguely

Posts : 440
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by twinkle on 03.01.10 19:58

You saying you were Coldwater? :ambersuz:

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 20:09

@twinkle wrote:Interesting Cherub, as I am sure there a plenty of people who did favour the "anti" side at the beginning.
Me being one of them, though did perch myself back on the fence.
Their status maybe did shock me initially, hearing the news without any information regarding the family did conjure up images in my mind. Not proud to say those images were of a family rather different than the MCcanns. I do think we all have preconceived opinion in our heads, these are often a result of programming. Bad people look like this, people who hurt children look like this, people who have good jobs behave like this. Well all bollocks of course. I quickly got over my inner snob, and I do pride myself on being someone who is extremely unjudgemental. I can't speak for others but other than my initial flicker, no the fact they were Doctors didn't create somekind of ridiculous discrimination against them.

I think it was their apparent arrogance that got to me. Initially, I was a supporter, as were most people I know. The media circus raised alarm bells for me and then when a concert was mentioned for the first anniversary, I was struck dumb. I didn't take to the Mirror forum, I thought it too aggressive on both sides. I read the Sky Blogs, but was disillusioned with the over zealous 'pro' attacks on there. It was later revealed to me that it was common practice for them to regroup on Rosies??? then forge their attack. Also it was quite graphic with one poster insisting on reciting stories about paedophile groups being smashed in Europe. She would go into detail and it reached a point where I simply could not take it anymore. On to 3A which initially seemed ok. I never approved of the satiricals as I don't feel there is any room for satire in the case of a missing child. Also I thought there were some mentalists on there who should be writing with green crayon, let alone being let loose on a PC.

I sit on the fence, more in defiance sometimes. Both sides of this argument has it's share of aggressors. Although I do wonder why the hard 'pro' side are so forceful in their approach. Surely if they are 100% convinced of the McCanns innocence and that those who do not believe the abduction theory are in the minority, then what is the point of protesting? Do they protest too much? Or is it that they believe this 'minority' are actively damaging the search for Madeleine? I don't know.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by twinkle on 03.01.10 20:27

The Mirror certainly wasn't a place for the fainthearted. The place did alot of damage IMO, it was filled with rumour and made up stories which quickly became "facts". Many green posters, myself included did buy into the mass conspiracy. For me, it did become clear that the place was filled with people who simply had nothing better to do than send chinese whispers around.
More emphasis was put on personal disagreement, in fact much pleasure seemed to be gained from the arguing.

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 20:49

@vaguely wrote:The fact they were doctors made no odds. Doctors are just as useless as the rest of us.

I'm saddened, surprised and disappointed that people still leave their children unattended. I think that probably influenced my thoughts on them and their ability to harm their child.

I don't warm to them as people, at all. I'm sure that influenced my thoughts on them.


I can't stand Clarence Mitchell. I'm certain that influenced my thoughts on them.


As a rule I generally trust policemen. I think that probably influenced my thoughts on them.

And I used to think that newspapers had to publish facts. I'm embarrassed to admit that influenced my thoughts on them.

I also easily get carried away with theories and conspiracies - that played a big part in my thoughts on them.

I'm just glad the files were made public and I left 3A.

Same here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Finally on 03.01.10 21:08

Hi
Several years ago, as part of my job, I came into contact with a lady who had a learning disability. The story surrounding this lady was that she had become pregnant and a panel was set up made up of relevant professionals such as her Social Worker, RNMH etc etc. The panels role was to establish whether she could keep the child or not based upon her ability to care for it whilst having a learning disability. That panel decided the child would be best adopted when born with her still being able to maintain contact.

Years later I met this lady again as part of my work. This lady spoke with great fondness and a great pride of the daughter she had been allowed to know from afar. The contact that she had with her daughter had improved through her daughter getting older and being able to make a choice to visit her mother more frequently. Towards the end of the time of me being in that post this lady died and I will never forget the heartbreak of watching a young woman in great distress for her mother at the funeral, the mother she had been denied because it was felt that her mother would not have had the capability to care for her.

I tell this because the relevant services at one time made that sort of decision and I am convinced that this particular lady who was denied her child by the "professionals" would not have done what it appears some professionals feel it is normal to do. So in answer to the question in this thread, yes I do believe that feelings might have been different if an unemployed couple had found themselves in the same situation as the McCanns. I believe the feelings of the establishment would have been such that they would have thrown the book at them with the word neglect being used to justify it.

Maybe not the answer you had been hoping for and I apologise for that but when I read the first post containing the question I was reminded of this lady and thought how there can sometimes be different rules for different folk.

Take care

Finally

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 21:24

Thanks Finally. That's made me think.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 21:29

Cherub wrote:
@twinkle wrote:Interesting Cherub, as I am sure there a plenty of people who did favour the "anti" side at the beginning.
Me being one of them, though did perch myself back on the fence.
Their status maybe did shock me initially, hearing the news without any information regarding the family did conjure up images in my mind. Not proud to say those images were of a family rather different than the MCcanns. I do think we all have preconceived opinion in our heads, these are often a result of programming. Bad people look like this, people who hurt children look like this, people who have good jobs behave like this. Well all bollocks of course. I quickly got over my inner snob, and I do pride myself on being someone who is extremely unjudgemental. I can't speak for others but other than my initial flicker, no the fact they were Doctors didn't create somekind of ridiculous discrimination against them.

I think it was their apparent arrogance that got to me. Initially, I was a supporter, as were most people I know. The media circus raised alarm bells for me and then when a concert was mentioned for the first anniversary, I was struck dumb. I didn't take to the Mirror forum, I thought it too aggressive on both sides. I read the Sky Blogs, but was disillusioned with the over zealous 'pro' attacks on there. It was later revealed to me that it was common practice for them to regroup on Rosies??? then forge their attack. Also it was quite graphic with one poster insisting on reciting stories about paedophile groups being smashed in Europe. She would go into detail and it reached a point where I simply could not take it anymore. On to 3A which initially seemed ok. I never approved of the satiricals as I don't feel there is any room for satire in the case of a missing child. Also I thought there were some mentalists on there who should be writing with green crayon, let alone being let loose on a PC.

I sit on the fence, more in defiance sometimes. Both sides of this argument has it's share of aggressors. Although I do wonder why the hard 'pro' side are so forceful in their approach. Surely if they are 100% convinced of the McCanns innocence and that those who do not believe the abduction theory are in the minority, then what is the point of protesting? Do they protest too much? Or is it that they believe this 'minority' are actively damaging the search for Madeleine? I don't know.

I think they're possibly utterly repulsed at some of the sick threads and snide comments levelled at what is the family of a missing child. Not the questioning of statements, not the discussions about the discrepancies, but the way in which every word and comment made by the family is laughed at and picked about and twisted. Not all antis seem to attract pro aggressors. But if you look at the kind of posts made by those that do........... That's what I've picked up on anyway. fwiw.

It's very easy to bundle this incredulity in to a 'Team McCann' heading, or accuse people of being 'McCann Believers', but I fail to believe there aren't other antis out there that shake their heads in disgust or possibly disbelief at what some people find fit to post.

____________________
and on day six God created the non-carbon triple duplicate complaint form.

vaguely

Posts : 440
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question To Anti's And Pro's

Post by aliberte2 on 04.01.10 2:03

There are Some Antis who Traffic in the Most Lurid Theories and Seem to Want it to Be So True, Even though The Simplest Explanation is always the Best and there is the One There is Evidence For.

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum