The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Strange comment by Gerry McCann

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange comment by Gerry McCann

Post by ufercoffy on 14.06.11 20:31

@biker_don wrote:
K- We had a super week. We came with a group of friends who themselves have children. Ours had more small friends. There was this club for children with lots of activities. They spent there great moments.
G.- Madeleine, in particular, has a lot of fun. One day, she even did sailing with the club.
K- She played tennis.
G- In the evening, adults stood together and the children were on their side. It was fun sometimes to hide and they were pursuing us.
P.M- How was Madeleine during these holidays?
K- She is very intelligent, very sociable and engaging. She loves to talk, she is funny, she has a lot of energy.
G- She is still very active, rest snipped.

It sounds strange that Gerry says she is still very active. Why would Madeleine, at only nearly 4 years not still be active? Was she ill?

Kate and Gerry McCann, Paris Match, September 2007

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2318-about-madeleine

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange comment by Gerry McCann

Post by Upsy Daisy on 14.06.11 20:47

K- She is very intelligent, very sociable and engaging. She loves to talk, she is funny, she has a lot of energy.

So, why did Kate answer that question in the present tense as if she had been asked 'how IS Madeleine and how IS her personality?'.... how come she changed tack???

BECAUSE...she/they are programmed only to answer a limited number of questions and not to deviate ad lib just in case a huge great big stonker comes rolling out of their mouths.........

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 14.06.11 20:55

Do you not find Gerry's comment strange that Madeleine was still active?

Why shouldn't she still be active? He was talking about a 3 year old not a 93 year old.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly on 15.06.11 7:36

That is a really odd thing to say about an almost 4 year old - or any young child for that matter. That 'still' implies some reason why she might not have been active ... illness? Congenital/Progressive disease? Ritalin or similar?

LittleMissMolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 15.06.11 8:01

That's what I thought littlemissmolly, that Gerry may have been referring to a progressive disease. Madeleine was seen stumbling up the steps to the plane and clearly had some kind of fall in the apartment if the blood up the wall is anything to go by. Plus they didn't allow Madeleine's medical records to be released. Maybe Madeleine was seriously ill with a condition that was going to restrict her activity, and this was her last holiday. Kate was sure to tell us Madeleine had her best day ever and Gerry wasn't there to enjoy himself.

This may explain why the McCanns were able to 'get over' the tragedy so quickly (by that I mean all the bizarre photos of them laughing/jogging etc) if they knew her death was coming, albeit it accidentally behind the sofa. Maybe they were relieved she was now at peace?

Didn't David Payne say "We were waiting for something to happen but didn't in our worst nightmare think it would be this..."

If so, how does this explain the Fund.

thinking

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotlipsHealy on 15.06.11 8:29

More to the point, fund aside, why the need to conceal her body if she was genuinely ill and had had an accident?

Maybe they went to Portugal for her last holiday and had intended to 'put her out of her misery' with drugs ("We were waiting for something to happen") but the drugs caused her to fall and kill herself ("but didn't in our worst nightmare think it would be this.") Maybe they needed to hide her body so the drugs wouldn't be found in her.

Of course, it would also mean that they would have to hide her body regardless because of not wanting the drugs to be found even if they 'put her to sleep'. Maybe Maddie's death/abduction scenario was planned ("I'm not here to enjoy myself") but it went wrong when she fell behind the sofa.

Maybe 'putting her to sleep' and the fake abduction, and the Fund, was planned. Maybe they knew the only way to put Maddie out of her misery 'legally' was to make it look like an abduction, which is why everything (Fund/website etc) kicked off so early and professionally and Gerry's brother gave up his job so early on.

HotlipsHealy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly on 15.06.11 10:12

A progressive, congenital illness is quite within the bounds of possibility ....and without Madeleine's medical records being made available there is endless scope for speculation along those lines.

IVF children do have a much higher rate of congenital defects than those who are conceived naturally.

Personally I'm more inclined towards Ritalin or similar ... there are endless anecdotal comments which lead one to suspect that Madeleine wasn't the easiest child in the world and in my experience Medical Professionals are far more likely to medicate their children than Joe Public..... Medically trained parents are also far more likely to receive the treatment they desire from their GPs as well, so I can't see a prescription for Ritalin (to control hyperactivity) being all that hard to get.

A Ritalin overdose also has the potential to be rapidly fatal :

"An overdose of Ritalin can be fatal.

Overdose can cause vomiting, agitation, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions), confusion, hallucinations, sweating, fast or pounding heartbeat, blurred vision, dry mouth and nose, and fainting."

http://www.drugs.com/ritalin.html

Unlike Calpol - an overdose of which (it being paracetamol based) causes liver failure which is a long death drawn out over a significant period of time.

LittleMissMolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kate's comments

Post by tigger on 10.10.11 7:15

In the other thread (in topic -- most inspiring women) where Kate said on camera: 'I was there, I know what happened.'
It's in a clip of their appearance in front of court at Lisbon.
This crosses the threads a bit, but I came across this one and completely agree with it.
Maddie was not a healthy child - I think that is the starting point. She was also not beautiful and that is a mortal sin for narcisists who want perfection in all things.
It has always seemed to me that they could square it with their own consciences, even though it was no accident.

So when the informal meetings of top level industrialists and financiers was arranged in PdL, where a large number of medics were also present, it was the ideal time to finally set the plan in motion.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 10.10.11 12:34

I keep going back to the thought, the possibility that Madeleine had some life threatening or terminal illness. Maybe she needed some treatment that was considered 'unethical' in the UK? According to some sources Portugal is 'top ranked' for transplants:

25/9/2010
"In 12 months Portugal has
increased the number of kidney transplants it undertakes by almost 14
percent to become the world’s number one country for such interventions,
surpassing Spain in the process. Meanwhile, the national transplant
waiting list has been halved."
http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/google.pl?id=1080-3
Organ donation also works very differently in Portugal, they have a 'presumed consent' law:

The truth behind organ donation in Portugal
19/7/2008

"It is not a widely-known fact,
but anyone residing in Portugal, Portuguese or foreign, is presumed a
consenting organ donor unless the contrary is manifested by obtaining a
legal document that states the person does not want to be considered for
donation upon his or her death. This is the basis of the country’s
organ donation ‘Presumed Consent’ law, which whilst not totally
mandatory (relatives’ consent in many cases is still sought), is
believed by numerous researchers to be more effective in saving lives
compared with the ‘registered consent’ system. It is also a topic that
has frequently caused turbulent ethical debate.

Portugal’s ‘Presumed Consent’ law
is contrary to that of the UK. In Britain, a person must manifest their
wish to be a donor by registering and carrying a donor’s card"

Read more: http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=968-2

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juulcy on 10.10.11 14:32

@Daisy wrote:I keep going back to the thought, the possibility that Madeleine had some life threatening or terminal illness. Maybe she needed some treatment that was considered 'unethical' in the UK? According to some sources Portugal is 'top ranked' for transplants:

25/9/2010
"In 12 months Portugal has
increased the number of kidney transplants it undertakes by almost 14
percent to become the world’s number one country for such interventions,
surpassing Spain in the process. Meanwhile, the national transplant
waiting list has been halved."
http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/google.pl?id=1080-3
Organ donation also works very differently in Portugal, they have a 'presumed consent' law:

The truth behind organ donation in Portugal
19/7/2008

"It is not a widely-known fact,
but anyone residing in Portugal, Portuguese or foreign, is presumed a
consenting organ donor unless the contrary is manifested by obtaining a
legal document that states the person does not want to be considered for
donation upon his or her death. This is the basis of the country’s
organ donation ‘Presumed Consent’ law, which whilst not totally
mandatory (relatives’ consent in many cases is still sought), is
believed by numerous researchers to be more effective in saving lives
compared with the ‘registered consent’ system. It is also a topic that
has frequently caused turbulent ethical debate.

Portugal’s ‘Presumed Consent’ law
is contrary to that of the UK. In Britain, a person must manifest their
wish to be a donor by registering and carrying a donor’s card"

Read more: [url=http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=968-2
http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=968-2[/quote[/url]]

It might be true she had kidney failure: symptoms: fatigue, anemic look, water retention

she had an anemic look in some pictures, (maybe that is why she is "made up" in other pictures, to make her look healthier)

and also looked like she retained water (the puffy eyes).

Her medical record was never given to the police. If there was nothing special about it, way ever not?

But if she had kidney failure, she would also need dialysis, and that did not happen in Portugal or we would have known about it. But maybe once a week is enough, I don't know that much about it. Maybe she was to have a semi illegal kidney transplant, and something went wrong? I can certainly see these parents fighting for the life of their daughter in a extreme way. The same way they are now defending there other children and reputation. It would also explain why the whole Tapas group pledged their allegience to them, if it was for a "better" reason that covering up neglect or an accident or what ever.

But still, to then think of an elaborate hoax of abduction, and to rope in the whole world?

Juulcy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juulcy on 10.10.11 14:34

On the other hand, her school and home evironment would also have know of the disease, and there was never even a hint about something like that.

Juulcy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No, I don't think it's that at all.

Post by tigger on 10.10.11 14:35

Hi Daisy,
I'm pretty sure that such a procedure would have had to start in the UK, at least the diagnostics. Then why make a secret of it? It would be perfectly legal under European law to have medical treatment in any other EU country. Nothing underhand at all.
No, absolutely, for me that won't fly at all.

The presumed 'defect' or genetic imbalance she had would probably have continued all of her life. Added to that, I am thinking of the very, very doubtful photographs taken of Maddie and that her parents seem to be barely acquainted with her likes and dislikes.
I have the feeling that Maddie did not 'belong' in a perfect family of good-looking parents (not my opinion!) and beautiful children. She is so apart from everything.

I am lumping the following points together: Sagras, Burgau, blue eyeshadow and ice cream photos, Gaspars' statement, Calpol or Ritalin and the fact that Maddie was due to start school that September.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 10.10.11 15:12

@tigger wrote: Hi Daisy,
I'm pretty sure that such a procedure would have had to start in the UK, at least the diagnostics. Then why make a secret of it? It would be perfectly legal under European law to have medical treatment in any other EU country. Nothing underhand at all.
No, absolutely, for me that won't fly at all.

The presumed 'defect' or genetic imbalance she had would probably have continued all of her life. Added to that, I am thinking of the very, very doubtful photographs taken of Maddie and that her parents seem to be barely acquainted with her likes and dislikes.
I have the feeling that Maddie did not 'belong' in a perfect family of good-looking parents (not my opinion!) and beautiful children. She is so apart from everything.

I am lumping the following points together: Sagras, Burgau, blue eyeshadow and ice cream photos, Gaspars' statement, Calpol or Ritalin and the fact that Maddie was due to start school that September.

Not if it was 'unethical', experimental? Supposing Madeleine had a rare terminal illness, could she have been 'sacrificed' (experimented on) for the sake of medical science/research? Something like this would explain so much to me. (the parents unnatural reactions, the unprecendented high level of support, etc..). Like I said in an earlier post though, these are just thoughts and no where near a fully worked out theory, so thanks for your feedback tigger, much appreciated.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

another strange one from Gezza

Post by russiandoll on 15.10.11 17:01

from an interview May 2009
"The twins both know the person who took Madeleine has done something very bad.. they just want her back home"

Madeleine McCann’s four-year-old twin siblings are now slowly
grasping the horror of her abduction, their parents revealed yesterday.

Sean and Amelie were just two when their big sister was snatched but
Kate and Gerry have since gradually explained the grim truth to them.

It is poignantly clear the youngsters still hold Madeleine close to their hearts.

Gerry, 41, said: “They talk about her more than Kate and I do. It’s incredible."

maybe nothing in it, but I would have expected "even more than Kate and I do "

and from Mommie dearest :

“We made it as light as possible for Sean and Amelie but in a way they can understand. We made it sound like, ‘Even if you really want something you shouldn’t take it if it belongs to someone else’.”

more from Gerry the charmer:

Gerry told how the twins were aware of the efforts going on to find her.

He said: “When I think of Madeleine I think of the little girl running around the house and on holiday.
and lets leave the final word to Kate

“It would be fantastic for Sean and Amelie – regardless of myself and Gerry – for Madeleine to be back.
who was it talked about distancing in a recent post ?

this appalled me and took place arond the time of the inappropriate video release I think.

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How to spot a liar

Post by tigger on 15.10.11 17:32

That was the topic on How to spot a liar, I had notice it myself long before that topic. 'It's about this girl' etc.
The quotes you've just posted are so obvious!

OMG, I don't even want vengeance, I just want these people not to be there at all. I want the twins to have a fighting chance to have a normal life in spite of their upbringing.

Re nothing at all: I've just been trawling the net re the blue tennis bag and came across DP's rogatory interview: (not a quote just the gist) errm, a bag, a bag to hide a tennis racket in...
again, when you're lying, your brain is sabotaging your every utterance.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re the bizarre comments

Post by russiandoll on 15.10.11 23:58

I re- read the explanation given to the twins and thought maybe this had been poorly edited by the journalist as it would be an obvious comparison to make to very young children, the idea of stealing a person, if thats the case it was insensitive journalism. I would like to know if Kate elaborated and in some simple way talked about Maddie as a person.... the twins were after all tlold in a simple way a child was stolen. I hope so, it certainly would have scared them to over do it s they would be scared of being abducted themselves so understandable the mention of taking a thing....but I hope it didnt end that abruptly, it came across awfully in that article.
I have to disagree about Maddies looks, she was in my opinion a child who looked very pale and drawn and unwell at times, however most photos I have seen show a very nice looking girl .I think she has one of those faces some beautiful people have where depending on lighting, angle, maybe an off day,,,,,the face can look decidedly different. There is one particular photo where she is taken head and shoulders, leaning to one side and her face seems to droop......but she doesnt look like this on many.....also the tennis court picture, a different face though still clearly her.
I did think in my ore hopeful days that the preplanned fund was for expensive experimental and maybe not approved medical treatment and she had been taken by people they knew....they had not wanted to launch an appeal like you see sometimes which takes ages to be achieved... the child was not healthy and as they were doctors I thought the answer resided in medicine.
but then I read about the dogs...

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi russiandoll.

Post by tigger on 16.10.11 7:52

Ha! I get rapped on the knuckles every time I say she wasn't beautiful. In the first place, had she been mine, she have been the best and most beautiful of all children on earth. But..
We cannot even be certain that all the baby photos are Maddie.
We have the gorgeous baby on another photoshopped photo, with G grinning wildly over her head and Kate in a neat Chanel jacket.
We have the photo where she is lying on top of Kate, who looks about 25 there. Gorgeous again.
Then we have the bench and granddaddy, where she looks almost like a Downs' baby.
Same with the 1 year old? by the tulips, that child looks very ill to me.
Sitting next to Daddy on the steps, same story.
The expression on her face in many photographs is one of uncertainty, she doesn't have a confident smile either. Many of the later photographs have the thick walls under her eyes brushed out. Without those, she could look stunning.
The overall feeling I get from the videos and photos is that she didn't belong. I don't think she saw that much of her parents, three full days in the creche, on top of that there was a nanny! Perhaps Kate worked the days that the nanny looked after Maddy, which would pretty much leave only the weekends.
To me that looks like a lonely child and everything her parents say about her supports that.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebootje on 16.10.11 9:56

@tigger wrote:That was the topic on How to spot a liar, I had notice it myself long before that topic. 'It's about this girl' etc.
The quotes you've just posted are so obvious!

OMG, I don't even want vengeance, I just want these people not to be there at all. I want the twins to have a fighting chance to have a normal life in spite of their upbringing.

Re nothing at all: I've just been trawling the net re the blue tennis bag and came across DP's rogatory interview: (not a quote just the gist) errm, a bag, a bag to hide a tennis racket in...
again, when you're lying, your brain is sabotaging your every utterance.

I remember that one. Really obvious, isn't it

Bebootje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebootje on 16.10.11 10:07

G- She is still very active, rest snipped.

Not only the "she is still very active" comment is strange but also the fact that they aren't answering the interviewers question. They do that a lot.
Looks like they weren't capable to answer this question and you have to ask yourself why.
Would be interesting to look at the interviews in the early day's and to put all questions in a row they aren't answering or talking over them.
There are a lot of them in the interviews with Sandra.

Bebootje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.10.11 10:09

That's a good idea bebootje. clapping

Back to top Go down

Strange Comment By Gerry Mccann

Post by suzyjohnson on 09.03.13 16:42

Just one or two general points with regard to Madeleine's health, I don't really know where these points would lead .........

Firstly, I notice that there are some health conditions associated with coloboma (although not always the case), could something like this have anything to do with what happened on 3rd May?

I have presumed that she had been given a sedative, or an overdose of something, but it is also possible that the opposite is true. That Madeleine was NOT given the medicine she needed at that time, and that the parents (and the other doctors) would be negligent because of this?

Has anyone ever considered sunburn? On the tennis photo, it is clear that Madeleine's arms are very red compared to her hands which are white, you can see the line across them (had she been wearing gloves?) On the 'last photo' though her arms appear to be white, you cannot see her hands on the poolside photo. She does appear to have slightly red cheeks.

If the parents were trying to cover up the fact that Madeleine was suffering from sunburn (which they might have taken a risk and left untreated in order to go out dining with their friends?) then what better way to disguise the fact than to produce a photograph from earlier in the week?

What does anyone else think?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunburn

Post by dentdelion on 09.03.13 17:06

I do not think this theory plausible. They seemed to spend so much time indoors and the weather that week seemed to be poor. She was supposedly out sailing and swimming but I am sure the staff would have watched for sunburn if the children were not wearing those long sleeved swim outfits.

dentdelion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum