The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

U.K. Met Office: A National Scandal (Climate Change)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

U.K. Met Office: A National Scandal (Climate Change)

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.10 16:08

Christopher Booker in today's 'Sunday Telegraph':

Shortly after midnight on Friday morning, as 200,000 merrymakers were departing from the Thames after enjoying a spectacular fireworks show in sub-zero temperatures, flakes of snow began to fall on Whitehall. In light of the Met Office's prediction that this would be a "mild" winter, with temperatures above average, it seemed an apt way to start the New Year. But hasn't the time come for us to stop treating the serial inaccuracy of Met Office forecasts as just a joke and see it for what it is – a national scandal?

The reason the Met Office so persistently gets its seasonal forecasts wrong is that it has been hi-jacked from the role for which we pay it nearly £200 million a year, to become one of the world's major propaganda engines for the belief in man-made global warming. Over the past three years, it has become a laughing stock for forecasts which are invariably wrong in the same direction.

The year 2007, it predicted, would be "the warmest ever" – just before global tempratures plunged by more than the entire net warming of the 20th century, Three years running it predicted warmer than average winters – as large parts of the northern hemisphere endured record cold and snowfalls. Last year's "barbecue summer" was the third time running that predictions of a summer drier and warmer than average prefaced weeks of rain and cold. Last week the Met Office was again predicting that 2010 will be the "warmest year" on record, while Europe and the US look to be facing further weeks of intense cold.

What is not generally realised is that the UK Met Office has been, since 1990, at the very centre of the campaign to convince the world that it faces catastrophe through global warming. (Its website now proclaims it to be "the Met Office for Weather and Climate Change".) Its then-director, Dr John Houghton, was the single most influential figure in setting up the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as the chief driver of climate alarmism. Its Hadley Centre for Climate Change, along with the East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (CRU), was put in charge of the most prestigious of the four official global temperature records. In line with IPCC theory, its computers were programmed to predict that, as CO2 levels rose, temperatures would inevitably follow. From 1990 to 2007, the Department of the Environment gave the Met Office no less than £146 million for its "climate predictions programme".

But in the past three years, with the Met Office chaired by Robert Napier, a former global warming activist and previously head of WWF UK, its pretensions have been exposed as never before. The "Climategate" leak of documents from the CRU, along with further revelations from Russian scientists, have shown the CRU/Met Office alliance systematically manipulating temperature data, past and present, to show the world growing warmer than the evidence justified. And those same computers used to predict temperatures 100 years ahead for the IPCC have also been used to produce those weather forecasts that prove so consistently wrong.

Scientific method has gone out of the window, to support a theory that looks more questionable than ever. The whole set-up – Met Office, Hadley Centre, the CRU, the IPCC – looks hopelessly compromised. It is a state of affairs so bizarre that it cries out for political intervention. Yet our politicians, from Gordon Brown and David Cameron down, are so in thrall to this new religion that they cannot see evidence staring them in the face – that the show has gone off the rails. How many more winters and summers will it take before sanity finally breaks in to put an end to this scandal?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: U.K. Met Office: A National Scandal (Climate Change)

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 16:30

Something we finally agree on Mr.Bennett , Climate change is a downright (IMO) figment of someone's imagination.
I am sorry for those I offend but this planet has been heating up since the Ice age, I once read somewhere many moons ago that a few hundred years ago all the wild Bison roaming free in the USA produced as much methane and cfc's as we do today in an average modern city.

Anyone who thinks the planet has a thermostat that was due to be turned off when it reached it's desired temperature for the sustainment of humans is in my opinion a little too far fetched.

This government would tax the air we breathe if it had the capability or a down right speck of an idea how to do it IMO.

Yes the planet is heating up. Ice caps ARE melting but the planet has been heating up since the year dot.

IMO war will destroy this planet of our's more than any climate change.

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 16:35

Oh God, i agree with Tony. Climate change is a way to boost taxes.

When it first came about it was said that there would be droughts, long hot summers, no winters as we know and all that crap.Look at the weather we have, shitty Summers and snow at last.

Now a bit ago there was a report that the ozone layer was repairing itself, why was that just dismissed off hand as not true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 16:36

I agree stephanie. This planet has had peaks and troughs in climate change throughout thousands of years. (I know I have seen the graphs on the National Geographic Channel big grin ) It has been happening over and over, the planet cools, then the planet heats up. We are now in the sector of the planet heating up, and although we may have contributed a miniscule amount to this happening, it would have naturally occurred anyway. We are all being conned, and there is big money to be made!!!!!!!!! thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 16:48

candyfloss wrote:I agree stephanie. This planet has had peaks and troughs in climate change throughout thousands of years. (I know I have seen the graphs on the National Geographic Channel big grin ) It has been happening over and over, the planet cools, then the planet heats up. We are now in the sector of the planet heating up, and although we may have contributed a miniscule amount to this happening, it would have naturally occurred anyway. We are all being conned, and there is big money to be made!!!!!!!!! thinking

Damn right Candyfloss, A money spinner for the so called modern governments to heap yet more misery on us.
Here in London the situation is getting farcical, they are levying so much expense or charges on commuters with larger vehicles it is causing hell on earth in the suburbs.

Over the last year (2009) in just one square mile of where I live 3 children under thirteen have lost their lives.
Let me explain!

I live in a London borough,that means that the thousands who commute into the City every day park their vehicles along every available street close to my surrounding area to commute into work,this avoids the congestion charge etc: Most are large vehicles who have had their own tax levies placed on them for travelling in the city IE: climate change tax (as I like to call it).

When the children are leaving school they are trying to cross roads piled high with vehicles left to avoid this so called tax.

Permanent memorials I am forced to walk past every day in memory of those Babies who tried to cross these roads lined with those trying to avoid the congestion charges,low emission zones etc,and met a vehicle coming the other way.

This Government has a lot to answer to.

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 17:04

That is so sad, Stephanie, 3 children killed how terrible. Sad That is the trouble with parked cars, no matter even if there is a crossing, or "lollipop lady/man" - children will always run out excitedly, especially in suburban streets.

This Government, and probably any other are taxing everything and anything. angry Centuries ago the King had a tax levied on light - a window tax in effect. The more windows and light, the more tax you paid. I am just waiting for some bright spark to bring this in again. Oh dear I think I may just have given them an idea Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 18:30

@Stephanie wrote:
candyfloss wrote:I agree stephanie. This planet has had peaks and troughs in climate change throughout thousands of years. (I know I have seen the graphs on the National Geographic Channel big grin ) It has been happening over and over, the planet cools, then the planet heats up. We are now in the sector of the planet heating up, and although we may have contributed a miniscule amount to this happening, it would have naturally occurred anyway. We are all being conned, and there is big money to be made!!!!!!!!! thinking

Damn right Candyfloss, A money spinner for the so called modern governments to heap yet more misery on us.
Here in London the situation is getting farcical, they are levying so much expense or charges on commuters with larger vehicles it is causing hell on earth in the suburbs.

Over the last year (2009) in just one square mile of where I live 3 children under thirteen have lost their lives.
Let me explain!

I live in a London borough,that means that the thousands who commute into the City every day park their vehicles along every available street close to my surrounding area to commute into work,this avoids the congestion charge etc: Most are large vehicles who have had their own tax levies placed on them for travelling in the city IE: climate change tax (as I like to call it).

When the children are leaving school they are trying to cross roads piled high with vehicles left to avoid this so called tax.

Permanent memorials I am forced to walk past every day in memory of those Babies who tried to cross these roads lined with those trying to avoid the congestion charges,low emission zones etc,and met a vehicle coming the other way.

Car drivers that park illegally have a lot to answer for. The government aren't responsible for tits parking badly.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 20:08

@vaguely wrote:
@Stephanie wrote:

Let me explain!

Car drivers that park illegally have a lot to answer for. The government aren't responsible for tits parking badly.

Vaguely, said cars are not parked illegally, they are parked in their hundreds both sides of the roads outside every London borough local train station.
The Government made it impossible to find decent priced parking all-day in the city,the government made it a congestion payment zone,So how is the government not responsible ?
Before congestion charging occured we didn't have this problem .
Here in London (I am sorry I don't know if you live in the capital or the surrounding boroughs) children take trains to school, they use bus stops that take them to schools situated closely to the train stations corroded with commuters vehicles, that is why the government is responsible.

If you don't live in the capital (and I have no idea if you do or not) Imagine being charged a tax every day you travel to work into your local town centre, it may be the capital but for thousands each day who work in the city it is just ,the local town centre.

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 21:20

It's not the governments fault that people get run over. It really isn't. It's either the fault of the car driver that drives fast enough past an obvious hazard that they can hit someone crossing, or the pedestrians fault for jumping out in front of the car.

People the world over have managed to negotiate roadside parking for many years. Surely they can cope with it in London too.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Falsification of climate data in New Zealand

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.10 21:25

For those not wholly convinced that there is widespread fraud involved in getting us to believe that the world is getting inexorably warmer, then this article about deliberate falsification of data by New Zealand meteorologists may at least raise sme eyebrows:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/25/uh-oh-raw-data-in-new-zealand-tells-a-different-story-than-the-official-one/

On the congestion charge debate, I worked in inner London in Hackney and Waltham Forest just outside the congestion zone a few years back and can confirm the problems on the fringes of the congestion zone; you would often get gridlock at busy times of the day as drivers argued about who would go first past two lines of parked cars either side of narrow roads. Tempers could become frayed. And parking charges in some areas are nearly as high as in the centre of London.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 21:32

@vaguely wrote:It's not the governments fault that people get run over. It really isn't. It's either the fault of the car driver that drives fast enough past an obvious hazard that they can hit someone crossing, or the pedestrians fault for jumping out in front of the car.

People the world over have managed to negotiate roadside parking for many years. Surely they can cope with it in London too.

I cannot believe you have just typed that did you not read anything I wrote ? 3 under thirteens have died around here because of the congestion this has caused, Go tell that to the neighbour of mine who buried her 12 year old Son Jake last June, the same woman who keeps the lampost next to where the accident happened adorned in flowers and his photographs.

Then again according to you it was Jakes fault for having jumped out in front of the car!

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 21:37

@Stephanie wrote:
@vaguely wrote:It's not the governments fault that people get run over. It really isn't. It's either the fault of the car driver that drives fast enough past an obvious hazard that they can hit someone crossing, or the pedestrians fault for jumping out in front of the car.

I cannot believe you have just typed that did you not read anything I wrote ? 3 under thirteens have died around here because of the congestion this has caused, Go tell that to the neighbour of mine who buried her 12 year old Son Jake last June, the same woman who keeps the lampost next to where the accident happened adorned in flowers and his photographs.

Then again according to you it was Jakes fault for having jumped out in front of the car!

I think it's you that needs to re-read.

It's either the fault of the car driver that drives fast enough past an obvious hazard that they can hit someone crossing, or the pedestrians fault for jumping out in front of the car.

Are you saying that nobody's child ever got run over until they introduced a congestion charge?

Don't try and emotionally blackmail me with a dead child because I'll come right back at you with dead children who were run over long before the congestion charge came in to play.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 21:40

@vaguely wrote:
@Stephanie wrote:

I think it's you that needs to re-read.

It's either the fault of the car driver that drives fast enough past an obvious hazard that they can hit someone crossing, or the pedestrians fault for jumping out in front of the car.

Are you saying that nobody's child ever got run over until they introduced a congestion charge?

Don't try and emotionally blackmail me with a dead child because I'll come right back at you with dead children who were run over long before the congestion charge came in to play.

I will end this debate with you now vaguely as I think your own testament speaks far more than any words I could ever type!

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 21:42

Oh okay Stephanie. Then it's nothing to do with the drivers behaving stupidly. It's the Governments fault for not wrapping us all in cotton wool.

you win.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 21:58

Vaguely let's agree to disagree ok, I most certainly do not want us falling out over climate change issues.

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 03.01.10 22:02

I hadn't even started on climate change ...... flower

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 03.01.10 22:07

@vaguely wrote:I hadn't even started on climate change ...... flower

Good LOL I wont go there then big grin

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First half of January: very cold. Second half: even colder

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.10 23:01

January will start off very cold.

And get even colder:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/6921281/Britain-facing-one-of-the-coldest-winters-in-100-years-experts-predict.html

A few weeks ago they were saying that 2010 would be 'the warmest year ever'...

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick on 03.01.10 23:11

There's still plenty of time for that...

Old Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick on 03.01.10 23:14

Have you been to Australia recently Mr B? It's not been very chilly there recently. In fact my sources tell me toat 2009 will turn out to be one of the hottest years on record down below (2005 being the hottest so far).

Old Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Corruption at high levels in Essex Police AND the Climate Change Unit

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.10 23:42

@Old Nick wrote:Have you been to Australia recently Mr B? It's not been very chilly there recently. In fact my sources tell me that 2009 will turn out to be one of the hottest years on record down below (2005 being the hottest so far).
South Australia had an unusually warm year.

The world as a whole continued on its trend of slight cooling ever since the all-time high of 1998.

Genuine temperature graphs for this period show a decline in temperature - you know, the decline in temperature which Professor (ahem) Jones of the University of East Anglia make-up-the-figures-as-we-go-along Climate Change Unit wanted to 'hide'.

But if you're a member of the climate change cult, so-to-say a 'climate change believer', then their graphs show a continued temperature rise.

But, hey, if you can 'lose' loads of inconvenient 'raw data' (now how on earth did that happen?) and 'persaude' your librarian and Freedom of Information Act Officer to go easy on fulfilling the requirements of the FOI Act, you certainly enhance your prospects of deluding the public. And, come to think of it, enhance your prospects of...another generous research grant.

Corruption at high levels in Essex Police AND in the Climate Change Unit.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.10 23:46

@Tony Bennett wrote:[The world as a whole continued on its trend of slight cooling ever since the all-time high of 1998.

Genuine temperature graphs for this period show a decline in temperature - you know, the decline in temperature which Professor (ahem) Jones of the University of East Anglia make-up-the-figures-as-we-go-along Climate Change Unit wanted to 'hide'.

But if you're a member of the climate change cult, so-to-say a 'climate change believer', then their graphs show a continued temperature rise.

But, hey, if you can 'lose' loads of inconvenient 'raw data' (now how on earth did that happen?) and 'persaude' your librarian and Freedom of Information Act Officer to go easy on fulfilling the requirements of the FOI Act, you certainly enhance your prospects of deluding the public. And, come to think of it, enhance your prospects of...another generous research grant.

I don't believe all they are preaching about climate change Tony, but the only thing is the ice caps are melting quicker than ever before. I know this happens every few thousand years, as I said earlier, nothing to do with us, but if the ice is melting, that must mean it is getting warmer?

Back to top Go down

The answer lies in the sun

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.10 23:54

candyfloss wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:The world as a whole continued on its trend of slight cooling ever since the all-time high of 1998.

I don't believe all they are preaching about climate change Tony, but the only thing is the ice caps are melting quicker than ever before. I know this happens every few thousand years, as I said earlier, nothing to do with us, but if the ice is melting, that must mean it is getting warmer?
Simple answer: as part of long-term trends, the world as a whole generally warmed between around 1750 and 1940.

Then there was an unexplained slight cooling 1940 to 1960.

There was then in relative terms a steeper rise in temperatures from 1960 to 1998. Since then there has been slight cooling.

No-one denies the world has warmed overall from 1750 to 1998.

The question is the cause.

It's a fact by the way that a warmer world produces more carbon dioxide, not the other way round.

I shall perhaps say more of this on a future occasion, but, for now,

The answer lies in the sun.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick on 04.01.10 9:32

Don't look at it too closely - you may go blind.

Old Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 06.01.10 13:55

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum