The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Did Madeleine have coloboma?

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Did Madeleine have coloboma?

Post by joan thomas on 10.08.11 19:48

I cannot understand how two identical photograhs can be so different one published by Daily Mail on August 6th 2007

Madeleine has NO FLECK in her eye whatsoeve it's as clear as glass

A later indentical photograph published by the same paper on August 12th 2007 has a distinct fleck in her eye.I

Identical photograph with a defect and without a defect.

What is going on here?

joan thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Madeleine May be in an Orphanage in USA

Post by joan thomas on 10.08.11 19:59

Research leads me to suspect Madeleine may be in a USA orpanage, has anyone ever thought

everyone is looking for a child with a defect in her eye.

A great marker for people to look out for when suspecting Madeleine is being dumped in their care by her

alledged abductors but any child with no defect in her right eye is not Madeleine.

joan thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 10.08.11 22:52

The dogs say Maddie is dead

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Madeleine in an orphanage????

Post by Guest on 11.08.11 1:01

Joan Thomas: you have come up with this theory before in a posting last month ("Ten million rand reward for Madeleine on 12th May 2007") but no proof of any sort was forthcoming. I think you're on your own with this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 11.08.11 9:04

Jean wrote:Joan Thomas: you have come up with this theory before in a posting last month ("Ten million rand reward for Madeleine on 12th May 2007") but no proof of any sort was forthcoming. I think you're on your own with this one.

I agree.

Joan Thomas - You made some intriguing posts in the recent past, but never backed them up. So maybe you are making it all up?

This forum facilitates people to put forward theories based on the facts (as far as they are known). I don't always agree with the theories but I respect the time that has gone into the research done by people who are obviously genuine and who want to discover the truth about what happened to this child.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Strange postings and posters

Post by Marian on 11.08.11 9:18

I had doubts about "Joan Thomas" right from the start. Perhaps the idea was simply to demonstrate that you shouldn't believe everything you read and that certainly is a valid point no matter what the subject is.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Are you looking for Madeleine?.

Post by joan thomas on 11.08.11 22:29

Hi Marian.

Please let me quell you anxiety about Joan Thomas.

I am consciences objector so to speak in the war against the McCanns, that is untill firmer proof of their

guilt is on the table and then the full force of the law should be brought down on the guilty, who ever it shall be?

I am appalled by the hate and venom that has been exhibited on the web on both sides and firmly believe

that people should only put forth true evedence that they have researched over the last four years of the case, like the police files state.

The Daily Mail Newspaper photograph of Madeleine with no eye defect is a fact.

An indentical photograph of Madeleine with the defect is a fact.

A close friend found a look -a-like Madeleine in a Florida Orpanage after four years of researching a Catholic lead. This is a fact.

The picture was in an advert for a Florida orphanage showing a look-a-like Madeleine at th age she disapeared in 2007. This is fact.

There was a older look-a- like Madeleine at age 7 at thesame orphanage and also reported, these pictures were reported in October 2010. This is a

fact.

The reactions from those my friend assumed were linked to Madeleine were, " It is a remarkable likness to Madeleine and they could

not thank her enought and they hoped someone would look into this viatal information to move forward, Words to that effect.

The advert photograph of the infant look-a-like Madeleine who was playing in a park with other children was removed from the orphanage web

site a week later

.Weather this child was or was not Madeleine or if this information was acted on was not confirmed on her request.

There maybe a more important bit of evedence in the loop right now, a long shot so to speak, not good I'm afraid and I really hope it does not

prove fruitful but for now I remain unbiased on both sides and just work to locate sweet Madeliene where ever she may be.

joan thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on 11.08.11 22:53

Hi Joan, I think it was you who said a month or so ago that you had a copy of this picture of Madeleine in the orphanage that you would post. Any chance of posting it on this thread?

Willo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The truth is out there.....

Post by Guest on 12.08.11 10:18

I agree with you Joan Thomas that the guilty, whoever they are, should be brought to justice.

As regards the coloboma issue, there is now no doubt that Madeleine merely had an insignificant spot in one eye, nothing like the distinctive mark which was publicised initially.

I am also appalled by some of the things said about this case on the Internet and in the media, mostly from supporters of the McCanns but, yes, there are some sceptics who are just as bad.

You then state that only factual evidence to support a claim should be made so I am finding it hard to accept your orphanage story, based on second hand information from a friend. This is certainly not the first time that there has been talk of a child somewhere who looks like Madeleine and, in most cases, it's simply been mistaken identity though, in the most recent so-called sighting in India, the story was fabricated and there was no child in the first place.

Even if you are able to come up with pictures of the child in the orphanage, this in itself will prove nothing.

I will await further information with interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 19.09.11 0:53

I have posted on another thread what I think about the coloboma. I think that the pictures were photoshopped on purpose - that they enhanced a "fleck" that Madeleine already has - but I have not been able to find any information to confirm that they (the McCanns) ever referred to it as a coloboma.

All I can think is that The McCanns seem to have allowed misinformation about the eye defect in the media and forums leading us to believe that it was a coloboma for exactly what Gerry said it was - a good marketing ploy.

Ploy definition:

A manoeuvre or stratagem, to gain advantage

Synonyms:

Tactic, ruse, subterfuge, wile, gambit

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 19.09.11 1:13

It was a good marketing ploy because it sold papers and made money......the simple truth

Did the Mccanns follow up on the Florida Orpanage? I doubt it if it meant getting to the truth....the effort and money went to employ Carter Ruck to libel anyone searching for the truth

Being whooshed from the website fits with anything that points to the truth....most of the links we have put on here have been whooshed

We all only want justice for sweet Maddie

The Irwins, who were at the Tapas bar that night next to the Mccanns, came from the States

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HFS on 19.09.11 2:05

The Irwins, who were at the Tapas bar that night next to the Mccanns, came from the States

I remember that name from long time ago. They were mentioned in some of the interviews by the PJ, were they?
I've never been able to find a statement of those people. They were there when it's happened, right?

HFS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

colaboma

Post by frank zappa on 19.09.11 2:07

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coloboma

someone had better tell wiki to pull this before they are Carter Rucked.

frank zappa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 19.09.11 7:01

@HFS wrote:

I remember that name from long time ago. They were mentioned in some of the interviews by the PJ, were they?
I've never been able to find a statement of those people. They were there when it's happened, right?

They were apparently eating at the Tapas but Rachel & Matthew Oldfield & Jane Tanner deny ever meeting them or dining with them. As you say there is no statement from the Irwins in files.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 19.09.11 9:22

That's an interesting point Angelique that it doesn't seem as if the McCanns have ever used the word coloboma. I have commented elsewhere that their intitial statements referred only to a hardly noticable fleck and wondered how this turned into something much more apparent. Here's an article which says that the McCanns didn't use the medical term.

http://textusa.blogspot.com/2010/03/coloboma-good-marketing-ploy.html

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HFS on 19.09.11 15:43

@Gillyspot wrote:
@HFS wrote:

They were apparently eating at the Tapas but Rachel & Matthew Oldfield & Jane Tanner deny ever meeting them or dining with them. As you say there is no statement from the Irwins in files.

Thank you for confirming that.

HFS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 19.09.11 15:57

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'no big deal ' ... ???

Post by butterfly23 on 23.09.12 2:06

cannot believe that the mccanns now say they did not emphasize the mark in madeleine's eye at time of her 'abduction '..!!! all the posters at the time more or less revolved around this- ALL OF THEM- it was the thing we were told to look for !!! now they say it was a tiny mark which was not even noticeable & they didnt even mention it..???? were they NOT behind those posters then --- who was ??????

butterfly23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.12 9:18

Yes, this is maybe the biggest of the numerous turnarounds they've made in the past 5 years. They must have forgotten to look at their own pictures from time to time again ...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mhtl4rwcgh4/TjZJyETXpFI/AAAAAAAAI3k/MbBfBAulbj4/s1600/coloboma2.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.12 12:19

Yet in spite of this massive backtrack over such a crucial identifying factor, nobody in the mainstream media has thought that it was worth mentioning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 23.09.12 12:29

Jean wrote:Yet in spite of this massive backtrack over such a crucial identifying factor, nobody in the mainstream media has thought that it was worth mentioning.

Or maybe the press are saving all these gems for the day when they can really go to town and let rip without fear of legal repercussions. I believe that day will come.......

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.12 15:53

I've always had the feeling that indeed there may come a day, when in numerous editorial offices overflowing drawers are opened and ready-made & detailed articles hit the papers within seconds ...

Well, one can dream ... yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 23.09.12 16:05

It proves that the media will not publish anything that may be detrimental to the evolving devolving Mccann fairy tale. If the media were taken to court over said colomboma the maccs would surely lose as the evidence thereof is/was literally plastered all over the place. Sigh!

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 06.10.12 23:44

The McCanns believe Madeleine's distinctive right eye - where
her pupil merges into the blue-green iris - will be vital in
getting her back.

It can be clearly seen on an appeal poster and Mrs McCann said:
"We want to make the most of it, because we know her hair could
potentially be cut or dyed."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-454527/We-believe-Madeleine-safe-wont-home-her.html#ixzz28YrLFIbR

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.10.12 23:57

@bristow wrote:The McCanns believe Madeleine's distinctive right eye - where
her pupil merges into the blue-green iris - will be vital in
getting her back.

It can be clearly seen on an appeal poster and Mrs McCann said:
"We want to make the most of it, because we know her hair could
potentially be cut or dyed."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-454527/We-believe-Madeleine-safe-wont-home-her.html#ixzz28YrLFIbR

I'm a dunce at I.T. matters.
On a thread recently we discussed the babe in Kate's arms and what was either the pink cuddlecat or a pink towel. I seem to remember that Maddie's eye was visible with just a tiny little fleck (as Kate later declared in an interview). A coloboma does not change.
If any dab-hand can re-find that thread and post the photo next to the photo in the above article I think it will be very damning evidence of 'deliberately misleading the investigation.'

ETA I have found the photos on page 109 of the Photographs and Memories thread.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum