The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Amaral - hero or villain?

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amaral - hero or villain?

Post by aliberte2 on 05.01.10 16:50

@Avery wrote:Yes, the character assassination is disgusting and it does smell that all those who oppose the McCann position are attacted in such a manner. Their detectives seem to have been busy digging for dirt on all those opposed to them and leaking everything in a most twisted and distorted manner. These mud slinging articles are too over the top to be taken seriously.

Come On, You Can't Ignore the Fact that Dr. Amaral is As Clean as the Driven Snow. It's Not Character Assasination that A Portuguese Newspaper Reveals Massive Debts Stemming Back from Long Before Madeleine Set Foot on His Soil. He Brought This On Himself With Two Years of Newspaper Articles Talking About his Personal Life. Very Poor Choice to Quit the PJ, to Write The Madeleine Book, Etc. He should Have Been Battling the PJ Inwardly and Bringing the Case to Parliament if Need Be.

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.10 18:45

@aliberte2 wrote:
@Avery wrote:Yes, the character assassination is disgusting and it does smell that all those who oppose the McCann position are attacted in such a manner. Their detectives seem to have been busy digging for dirt on all those opposed to them and leaking everything in a most twisted and distorted manner. These mud slinging articles are too over the top to be taken seriously.

Come On, You Can't Ignore the Fact that Dr. Amaral is As Clean as the Driven Snow. It's Not Character Assasination that A Portuguese Newspaper Reveals Massive Debts Stemming Back from Long Before Madeleine Set Foot on His Soil. He Brought This On Himself With Two Years of Newspaper Articles Talking About his Personal Life. Very Poor Choice to Quit the PJ, to Write The Madeleine Book, Etc. He should Have Been Battling the PJ Inwardly and Bringing the Case to Parliament if Need Be.
No money in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on 05.01.10 18:51

@aliberte2 wrote:

We all have things in our past that could be spun in a very dark light. It is dispictable to me that the McCann team have chosen to take that tack. My daughter owes over $500,000. It is called the mortgage on her house. Spin Spin Spin. We can all be made to look bad.

Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 05.01.10 18:53

@Avery wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:

We all have things in our past that could be spun in a very dark light. It is dispictable to me that the McCann team have chosen to take that tack. My daughter owes over $500,000. It is called the mortgage on her house. Spin Spin Spin. We can all be made to look bad.

Oh the irony.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.10 19:08

@Avery wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:

I take it that your daughter pays, or at least tries to pay her mortgage?

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 05.01.10 22:00

@Avery wrote:

I Assume She Has Either 1) Made Payments on That House in the Last Six Years, or 2) Is an Irresponsible Debtor Who Has a House She Can't Afford and Should Have it Repossessed by the Bank, like Dr. Amaral.

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 05.01.10 23:22

PearlB wrote:
@Avery wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:

I take it that your daughter pays, or at least tries to pay her mortgage?

Should her daughter start a fund in order to pay her mortgage? Some do 'you know'.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 0:03

PearlB wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:

No money in that.
or Jags, or invites to be guest speaker at Tony's Foundation lunches either come to that thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 06.01.10 0:08

Raffle wrote:
PearlB wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:

No money in that.
or Jags, or invites to be guest speaker at Tony's Foundation lunches either come to that thinking

No money in not losing your daughter either.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on 06.01.10 1:06

So far my daughter is making her payments. However millions across North America are now in default due to a crashing real estate market and global financial crisis. I guess one could throw mud at all of them. I don't see debt as being a cause to discredit anyone. We did do away with the debtors prisons some time ago.

Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 06.01.10 1:09

@Avery wrote:So far my daughter is making her payments. However millions across North America are now in default due to a crashing real estate market and global financial crisis. I guess one could throw mud at all of them. I don't see debt as being a cause to discredit anyone. We did do away with the debtors prisons some time ago.

Dr. Amaral's Problems Began Far Before Predatory Lending Schemes and World Wide Financial Crisis. He was a Middle Class Professional Police Officer and His Wife also Had a Second Job -- the Fact that He Took No Steps to Pay Taxes or Settle His Debts Since 2003, Yet Left an Investigation In Which he Was The Driving Force For Truth to Make a Bunch of Money He Mistakenly Thought He'd Get to Keep, Is Troubling.

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on 06.01.10 2:42

Mr. Amarals finances are none of my business. Whenever anyone is trying to dig up dirt and discredit others I look carefully at the dirt digger not the victim. It seems to be part of PR strategy these days. Toss as much mud and try to shut up those who would question your client.

Charlie Sheen threatens his wife with a knife to her throat because she wanted a divorce. Suddenly the papers are full of reports of her past legal troubles and visits to rehab. Charlies PR team working overtime to make him look like the victim. Disgusting business.

I can assure you Amarals finances had absolutely nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance. One must keep one's eye on the ball and not be distracted by the sideshows.

Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 06.01.10 2:47

@Avery wrote:Mr. Amarals finances are none of my business. Whenever anyone is trying to dig up dirt and discredit others I look carefully at the dirt digger not the victim. It seems to be part of PR strategy these days. Toss as much mud and try to shut up those who would question your client.

Charlie Sheen threatens his wife with a knife to her throat because she wanted a divorce. Suddenly the papers are full of reports of her past legal troubles and visits to rehab. Charlies PR team working overtime to make him look like the victim. Disgusting business.

I can assure you Amarals finances had absolutely nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance. One must keep one's eye on the ball and not be distracted by the sideshows.

Absolutely agree. Well said.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 06.01.10 3:48

@Avery wrote:

Can You? Are You Dr. Amaral?
And It had Everything to Do With Him Giving Up on the Investigation And Writing a Book that He Gained A Fortune Off Of. Rather Than Pursue Madeleine's Wrongdoers Through Hell and High Water.

ETA: And when Legitimate Dirt is Dug Up, One Must Acknowledge it and Adjust One's Opinion, No? Isn't That What You Accuse the McCann Worshipers of Doing? Ignoring the Fact that they Left the Children Alone and Other Alleged Flaws in their Characters? Well, One Must Then Acknowledge Dr. Amaral's Faults to Maintain One's Credibility.

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on 06.01.10 6:10

We all have faults which have nothing to do with the case. I don't pay any attention to smear campaigns because I realize the facts have been distorted and misrepresented.

OJ Simpson was acquitted of a brutal murder of two people not because he was innocent but because a jury got distracted by mud in their eyes. Attack the character of the police officers and prove they are not perfect and voila your client is free to kill again. Lovely system that.

The allegation that the McCanns left their children unattended has a direct bearing on her disappearance so it is relevant to the case. Amaral's finances have nothing to do with anything. He would have gladly stayed on the case and solved it for free if he had been allowed.

Why do I have to acknowledge Amarals faults? I don't even know the man and his faults are none of my business.

Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 6:44

You don't know the McCanns either; therefore according to your philosophy, their faults are none of your business, yet that has not precluded you and others from finding fault and nit-picking every word or gesture they have made over the past 2 1/2 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast on 06.01.10 8:53

@Avery wrote:We all have faults which have nothing to do with the case. I don't pay any attention to smear campaigns because I realize the facts have been distorted and misrepresented.

OJ Simpson was acquitted of a brutal murder of two people not because he was innocent but because a jury got distracted by mud in their eyes. Attack the character of the police officers and prove they are not perfect and voila your client is free to kill again. Lovely system that.

The allegation that the McCanns left their children unattended has a direct bearing on her disappearance so it is relevant to the case. Amaral's finances have nothing to do with anything. He would have gladly stayed on the case and solved it for free if he had been allowed.

Why do I have to acknowledge Amarals faults? I don't even know the man and his faults are none of my business.

But the problem here is that his faults are completely at odds with his former career.
His faults include failing to stop people under him torture a suspect and lying about it in court.
How can anyone say that a policeman's flagrant abuse of the law and the fundamental rights of citizens does not have a bearing on their work?
I mean, seriously!!!!? Wtf?
You know....policemen.....guardians of the law and that?
How can someone who breaks the law be entrusted to uphold it, particularly the kind of crime he was convicted of?

Slartibartfast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 11:05

There isn't anything that has come out about the McCanns past that would point to them being evil or deliberately covering up a child's death. Yet they are picked at with a vengeance.

Amaral on the other hand - Well where do you start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on 06.01.10 13:59

PearlB wrote:There isn't anything that has come out about the McCanns past that would point to them being evil or deliberately covering up a child's death. Yet they are picked at with a vengeance.

There isn't anything that has come out about the McCanns past period. They are a blank slate. Perhaps because those who believe they may know what happened to Madeleine are not character assassins or mud slingers. They are investigating the case on facts and they have not sunk to the lows and smears the coming from the English side.

Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 14:10

The fact is the McCann are innocent law abiding people. Amaral is a CONVICTED LIAR is on a suspended sentence and is disgraced.

How many trial has Amaral hanging over him now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast on 06.01.10 14:23

@Avery wrote:
PearlB wrote:There isn't anything that has come out about the McCanns past that would point to them being evil or deliberately covering up a child's death. Yet they are picked at with a vengeance.

There isn't anything that has come out about the McCanns past period. They are a blank slate. Perhaps because those who believe they may know what happened to Madeleine are not character assassins or mud slingers. They are investigating the case on facts and they have not sunk to the lows and smears the coming from the English side.

And accusing parents of being involved in the death and/or subsequent cover-up of their child without a shred of proof is not mudslinging or character assassination?
Amaral had his chance when he had all the resources of the PJ at his disposal and came up with nothing.
Not content with abiding by the decision of the judiciary, Amaral went on to write a book based on his unproven hypothesis and make a few quid in the process.
Then he was convicted about lying about his knowledge of torture in a station under his command.
Amaral does not care about facts. If he can't beat his version out of you he'll write a book about it.
Does the fact of his involvement in the torture of witnesses not bother you one bit?

Slartibartfast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 14:35

@Slartibartfast wrote:
@Avery wrote:

And accusing parents of being involved in the death and/or subsequent cover-up of their child without a shred of proof is not mudslinging or character assassination?
Amaral had his chance when he had all the resources of the PJ at his disposal and came up with nothing.
Not content with abiding by the decision of the judiciary, Amaral went on to write a book based on his unproven hypothesis and make a few quid in the process.
Then he was convicted about lying about his knowledge of torture in a station under his command.
Amaral does not care about facts. If he can't beat his version out of you he'll write a book about it.
Does the fact of his involvement in the torture of witnesses not bother you one bit?
I find it hard to believe that people will not see this man for what he is. Perhaps there has been mass brainwashing and we missed it. Or - we missed it because we don't read or believe Morais's attempted whitewashing of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.10 14:36

@Avery wrote:

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there was anything lurking in their past - it would have been dug out long ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 06.01.10 18:39

PearlB wrote:
@Avery wrote:

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there was anything lurking in their past - it would have been dug out long ago.

Didn't the Papers Bring Out Kate McCann's University nickname and Yearbook Picture, etc?

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sans_souci on 06.01.10 20:28

Possibly because of a resemblence to a character in MASH, and that she drank in bars. She was a medical student at university. Hardly unusual or the scandal of the century.

sans_souci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum