The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sir Christopher and Lady Meyer told of death threats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sir Christopher and Lady Meyer told of death threats

Post by Guest on 30.05.11 13:18

Sunday, 29 May 2011

Sir Christopher and Lady Meyer are preparing to go to the police after being told of a death threat against them. The ex-ambassador to Washington tells me he has been forwarded a text message from a person saying he wants his wife "DEAD". "My wife is very anxious about it," he says, "Someone is orchestrating an internet campaign and we are consulting lawyers." Earlier this month, Lady Meyer was criticised when accounts for her charity Pact revealed that half its total income went on paying her and her assistant's salaries. She has defended her pay, though many have expressed anger that money they thought was going to help abducted children was paying her salary. When Sir Christopher published his memoirs in 2005, he gave the money from its serialisation to three children's charities. One of these was Pact. "Our accounts are utterly transparent," says Lady Meyer. "Some people don't like me, but they could do something more useful than set up a hate campaign."

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/matthew-bell-the-ios-diary-290511-2290330.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Sir Christopher and Lady Meyer told of death threats

Post by Guest on 30.05.11 13:26

Disgusting.

You know why this has really come about? and it's got nothing to do with his wifes charity. It's because Sir Christopher told the world that the McCann's "did not want to stop the press".

I hope he does get the Police involved. The people behind this threat need hunting down and locking up.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum