The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by Guest on 26.05.11 19:12

Just seen this on MM.....................


Thursday, 26 May 2011

Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review


Met Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson is to face questions over missing Madeleine McCann.

The review will look closely at the moments before and after the 3 year old vanished.

It’s not yet clear whether members of the so called 'Tapas 9' will be asked to contribute information.

The name refers to the friends of Kate and Gerry who were dining with them on the night of the disappearance.

One of them, Dr Matthew Oldfield, a consultant at Kingston Hospital, was the last person to check on the McCann children that night.

He didn’t, however, check to see if Madeleine was in her bed.

posted by Radio Jackie News Team @ 12:29 PM

http://news.radiojackie.com/


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by lj on 26.05.11 19:20

It would be logical though, since officially he is the last one to see (or not to see) Madeleine alive.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3276
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by Guest on 27.05.11 8:47

I'm betting Matt is being questioned over this bit from his statement.

How did he know it was going to be the last night, before checking on the McCann children?

"it seemed like the sort of nice thing to do, to, offer to do it on that last, on the last night, but it wasn’t usual routine err for us to check on each other’s children".


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by LittleMissMolly on 27.05.11 8:49

Stella wrote:I'm betting Matt is being questioned over this bit from his statement.

How did he know it was going to be the last night, before checking on the McCann children?

"it seemed like the sort of nice thing to do, to, offer to do it on that last, on the last night, but it wasn’t usual routine err for us to check on each other’s children".


I've always assumed that to mean the last night of their holiday flag

____________________
Joseph Goebbels (a man who ought to know):
If you tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough then the public will eventually believe it

LittleMissMolly

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by Guest on 27.05.11 9:04

@LittleMissMolly wrote:
Stella wrote:I'm betting Matt is being questioned over this bit from his statement.

How did he know it was going to be the last night, before checking on the McCann children?

"it seemed like the sort of nice thing to do, to, offer to do it on that last, on the last night, but it wasn’t usual routine err for us to check on each other’s children".


I've always assumed that to mean the last night of their holiday

That's the point Molly. Matt said he offered to check as "it was the last night". The night of the 3rd was their second to last night, as they were due to fly home on the 5th. So their actual last night should have been the 4th, the following day. How could he have known at 9.15pm that night, when he decided to get up and check on their children, for the first time that week, in advance that it was actually going to be their last night? Only someone who knew the alarm was going to raised is who...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The last night

Post by Marian on 27.05.11 9:24

The comment could be taken to mean that, in the light of what we are told subsequently happened on 3rd May, it turned out to be the last night of the holiday. If I was speaking about a traumatic event that happened on holiday, I might well use the expression "the last night" as after that nothing was ever the same again. I don't personally find this remark as suspicious as others.

Marian

Posts : 1147
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by LittleMissMolly on 27.05.11 9:26

Stella wrote:
@LittleMissMolly wrote:
Stella wrote:I'm betting Matt is being questioned over this bit from his statement.

How did he know it was going to be the last night, before checking on the McCann children?

"it seemed like the sort of nice thing to do, to, offer to do it on that last, on the last night, but it wasn’t usual routine err for us to check on each other’s children".


I've always assumed that to mean the last night of their holiday

That's the point Molly. Matt said he offered to check as "it was the last night". The night of the 3rd was their second to last night, as they were due to fly home on the 5th. So their actual last night should have been the 4th, the following day. How could he have known at 9.15pm that night, when he decided to get up and check on their children, for the first time that week, in advance that it was actually going to be their last night? Only someone who knew the alarm was going to raised is who...

Ahhhh ... I've never picked up on that before - it just shows you that no matter how much you think you know what's in the files, there is always something left to discover - Thank you thumbsup smilie

Marion has a point though ... one of the (many) problems with the rogatory interviews is that they were carried out so far down the line that reflective phrases creep in

____________________
Joseph Goebbels (a man who ought to know):
If you tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough then the public will eventually believe it

LittleMissMolly

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by Guest on 27.05.11 10:58

Yes, but, this is where there is a big difference between actions and memory recall and what came first.

When talking about the last night in the past tense, one could always refer to that night being their last night, which is correct.

But, all week everyone checked on their own children.
On the night of the 3rd, Matt did something very different. Significantly different.
At 9.15, he instigated a change to the whole weeks routine, which is now set in stone.
It was at that very point, at 9.15 on the 3rd of May, Matt told everyone by changing what they all previously did, that as far as he was concerned, it was the last night. The last day was decided back then on the 3rd, not when talking about it in his statement later on.

Do you see? It's not about past tense or interpretation. It was about his actions, 45 minutes before the alarm was raised.

A Prosecutor would explain this one better than I.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by LittleMissMolly on 27.05.11 13:16

Stella wrote:Yes, but, this is where there is a big difference between actions and memory recall and what came first.

When talking about the last night in the past tense, one could always refer to that night being their last night, which is correct.

But, all week everyone checked on their own children.
On the night of the 3rd, Matt did something very different. Significantly different.
At 9.15, he instigated a change to the whole weeks routine, which is now set in stone.
It was at that very point, at 9.15 on the 3rd of May, Matt told everyone by changing what they all previously did, that as far as he was concerned, it was the last night. The last day was decided back then on the 3rd, not when talking about it in his statement later on.

Do you see? It's not about past tense or interpretation. It was about his actions, 45 minutes before the alarm was raised.

A Prosecutor would explain this one better than I.

Got you thumbsup

I'm being dim today (facepalm!)

____________________
Joseph Goebbels (a man who ought to know):
If you tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough then the public will eventually believe it

LittleMissMolly

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consultant from Kingston Hospital may be questioned in Madeleine McCann review

Post by Okeydokey on 20.10.13 1:40

Yes, this is significant isn't it. The attempt to change the phrase from that last night to the last night is also significant I think. Of course the words are not even then to be taken at face value - they probably disguise something deeper and were an attempt to explain away a significant change in routine.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum