The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Mm11

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Mm11

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Regist10

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Empty Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case?

Post by genesis777 15.05.11 11:15

I am shocked by all these people playing detective - scrutinising and analysing every single word the McCann's have ever uttered and twisting them to make all this negative gossiping more exciting and interesting. These people that are meddling with the' ins and outs' of this case have completely lost sight regarding this child's welfare while they are too busy beating her parents over the head.
How about directing some of your wasted anger at the real perpetrer, and invest your time in finding this little girl. This case is not some big game of online Cluedo! Where people can compete to see who is coming up with the best clues and who is getting nearer to the truth!
Any negative and unproductive gossip is all about stroking over-inflated egos and getting a feather in your cap. And all at the expense of a missing little girl.
I am disgusted by some of the smug comments posted on here.
A lot of you think that Kate and Gerry are bad parents - look at yourselves! How you are behaving - meddling in the police's work and inciting hatred toward a couple purely based on what you have read in the media!.
And for those of you that think Kate and Gerry were impicated in her disappearance - where is your proof? (her body has not been discovered).
Thankfully - not everyone think as negatively as you lot, and there are decent non-judgemental people out there that don't get kicks out of other people's suffering. Here is a positive article that I came across for instance:
http://canidoit.org/why-folk-should-stop-punishing-kate-mccann-and-buy-her-book
genesis777

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Empty Re: Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case?

Post by Tigers Eye 15.05.11 11:40

I really do wonder, genesis 777, what sort of responses you are looking for? Perhaps a collective gasp followed by a slapping of the forehead with "yes! what on earth are we doing, people, we've been wrong all these years and this one poster has put us on the right path".

You've come onto a Forum which quite frankly, for the most part, has members who simply to do believe that poor little Madeleine McCann was abducted. The conflicting stories, the evidence of the dogs, the shutters "issue" etc etc and so on have led me, amongst others to question the validity of the McCann's account. The fact that the press (or most of them) have swallowed the story whole is down to the skills of one Clarence Mitchell and amounts to lazy journalism of the worst sort.

And...since when did we not have free speech in this country?

You just come across as ignorant. Go away.

Tigers Eye
Tigers Eye

Activity : 24

Back to top Go down

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Empty Re: Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case?

Post by Martin 15.05.11 11:43

Genesis.............scroll up to the top of the page and re-read the forum title. 'The complete mystery of Madeleine McCann'

Martin
Martin

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by DocMartin 15.05.11 11:45

And read the scrolling quotes too.
DocMartin
DocMartin

Activity : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.11 11:46

This is the first case ever (I may be wrong) where official police files have been released documenting the investigation and all the witness statements, including those made in this country to the British Police. So it follows, that having such information available, people are going to scrutinise them. Are you saying we should just believe what we read in the papers and hear on the media. Have you actually read the police files and statements? There has been debate about many cases over the years, JoBenet Ramsey, Diana, David Kelly, this case is no different, except of course, we have full documented evidence of the police investigation.
The case files throw up so many questions and descrpencies, do you seriously expect people to just ignore them, when what they are being fed in the media doesn't address any of them?

As for your sentence....

[quote]
How about directing some of your wasted anger at the real perpetrer, and invest your time in finding this little girl

That is exactly what the people on the various forums want to do, and that is to find out what really happened to Madeleine!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera 15.05.11 12:19

Hello Genesis777.

I'm also very new to all this...only my 2nd post.

I've nothing new to add to what's been said above, really. I stumbled across this site by accident and it's only by reading through the evidence that I've been able to begin to form an opinion about the tragedy of it all.

By the way, when I say 'evidence' I don't mean hastily scribbled and confused ramblings on a colouring book cover, or, conversely, wannabe social workers looking to 'punish' the McCanns for their errors (whatever they turn out to be), but scientifically gathered and forensically scrutinised police EVIDENCE.

Go and read it...see what you think. Either way, come back and let us know.

Activity : 25

Back to top Go down

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Empty The mystery of Madeleine

Post by Guest 15.05.11 12:58

Genesis777 you are indeed welcome. I can't really add much to the previous comments; it will be interesting to see if you feel differently after you have read more of the information here and on other sites which the mainstream media doesn't feel obliged to tell us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.05.11 14:47

Another one who asks questions but does not want to hear the answers.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 17.05.11 16:05

How do you know that the 'real perpetrator' isn't the McCanns?

Because they say so? Because Clarence Mitchell says so? Because The Sun says so?

Grow up.
Read the police files (which quite clearly show no evidence whatsoever that this child was abducted).
Read the reason why Leicester Police stated that they won't release their files on the matter to the McCanns (because no police force releases information about an investigation to suspects).

I'm always torn by people like yourself ... on the one hand it's quite sweet to see such naive innocence ... on the other I despair at the extent to which people are willing to delude themselves for no reason apart from sentimental wishful thinking Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 935245
LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 17.05.11 16:21

well said ,littlemissmolly Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 636506
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by RBxHN 17.05.11 20:47

You know, whilst it may appear that the OP is having a atpop people, we have to be fair and look at all evidence in this case and not just that which may implicate the McCanns. I have posed a couple of things to think about and nobody has as yet come forward and given a coherent and honest account as to why the McCanns would campaign for a full and transparent investigation of the this case, if, as some would like to believe, they were involved in her disappearance?

That doesn't make any sense at all.

So, lets debate and lets here a good reason.......................
RBxHN

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by *~Melody~* 17.05.11 20:50

We have a former Chief superintendent CID police officer on this forum who is of the same opinion as Mr Amaral.

Go debate with like minded pro's on PFA or JATYK, your wasting your time here.
*~Melody~*
*~Melody~*

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by RBxHN 17.05.11 20:55

*~Melody~* wrote:We have a former Chief superintendent CID police officer on this forum who is of the same opinion as Mr Amaral.

Go debate with like minded pro's on PFA or JATYK, your wasting your time here.

Well well, how very diplomatic of you . Do you not like to debate. Without people of opposing oo views there is no debate.........or is that too hard for you to understand?

Don't bother replying.......I'm not interested!
RBxHN

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Empty To RBxHN

Post by Guest 17.05.11 22:18

Hello. I feel that you asked a fair question. I must admit that I don't really know what to make of the motivation of the McCanns but I'd hazard a guess that by going on and on, never letting the case fade from view, they want to convince people they must be innocent as surely the guilty would keep a low profile. I am very sceptical of their story but, if it is proved to be true, I will certainly be the first to admit that I was wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 17.05.11 23:05

They can't stop because we won't stop.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 18.05.11 9:36

RBxHN wrote:You know, whilst it may appear that the OP is having a atpop people, we have to be fair and look at all evidence in this case and not just that which may implicate the McCanns. I have posed a couple of things to think about and nobody has as yet come forward and given a coherent and honest account as to why the McCanns would campaign for a full and transparent investigation of the this case, if, as some would like to believe, they were involved in her disappearance?

That doesn't make any sense at all.

So, lets debate and lets here a good reason.......................

I've answered this point to you in another thread, which you have chosen to ignore:

The Big Lie is a propoganda technique. The expression was coined by Hitler, in Mein Kampf where he describes a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

Joseph Goebbels later expanded on this concept by describing (I'm paraphrasing here) "[it] does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous"

The technique is commonly and succinctly boiled down to “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

LittleMissMolly

Back to top Go down

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? Empty The Big Lie

Post by Guest 18.05.11 10:03

Thanks for that Little Miss Molly - now I know where our politicians are coming from but it doesn't apply only to the English; one only has to think of events in America in the past decade to know that it goes on there too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 18.05.11 10:23

Marian wrote:Thanks for that Little Miss Molly - now I know where our politicians are coming from but it doesn't apply only to the English; one only has to think of events in America in the past decade to know that it goes on there too.

Oh absolutely ... I was quoting from the original, which was about the English, but the principle applies across the board to all countries and individuals Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 636506

LittleMissMolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.05.11 10:27

LittleMissMolly wrote:

I've answered this point to you in another thread, which you have chosen to ignore:

The Big Lie is a propoganda technique. The expression was coined by Hitler, in Mein Kampf where he describes a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

Joseph Goebbels later expanded on this concept by describing (I'm paraphrasing here) "[it] does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous"

The technique is commonly and succinctly boiled down to “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 351181 Excellent post Little Miss Molly and that is precisely why they carry on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo 18.05.11 12:16

This is complete nonsense. Please cite just one instance of a criminal anywhere in the world that has continually drawn attention to themselves through the media over the course of years, written a best-selling book about themselves, voluntarily spent countless hours in the company of crime experts having meetings to discuss the crime etc, and simulataneously petitioned the government to review the investigation into their criminal doings - just one similar example will do.

I feel pretty certain that a few of you still posting here are maintaining a facade that you still believe the McCanns covered up their child's death but that you know deep down, in your heart of hearts, that they did not. I am pretty sure of this, because some of you seem quite intelligent and really, it's the only intelligent conclusion that can be drawn!
Ringo

Activity : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 18.05.11 12:48

Ringo wrote:This is complete nonsense. Please cite just one instance of a criminal anywhere in the world that has continually drawn attention to themselves through the media over the course of years, written a best-selling book about themselves, voluntarily spent countless hours in the company of crime experts having meetings to discuss the crime etc, and simulataneously petitioned the government to review the investigation into their criminal doings - just one similar example will do.

I feel pretty certain that a few of you still posting here are maintaining a facade that you still believe the McCanns covered up their child's death but that you know deep down, in your heart of hearts, that they did not. I am pretty sure of this, because some of you seem quite intelligent and really, it's the only intelligent conclusion that can be drawn!

As someone else said on here the other day, we have a retired Chief of Police as a member who does not believe the McCanns version of events. What are your qualifications? Why do you keep trying to ram the McCanns innocence down our throats when they have admitted they left their 3 tots alone so are guilty of neglect at least? People are in jail for doing the same, yet here we have two doctors who are free to roam the world peddling lies and getting paid for it.

Just be patient and see what the Met police uncover. If they are innocent then I feel sure many people will apologise to them and take down blogs and forums but I don't see why people should believe in their innocence just because you tell us to.
Wendy
Wendy

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 18.05.11 13:43

Ringo wrote:This is complete nonsense. Please cite just one instance of a criminal anywhere in the world that has continually drawn attention to themselves through the media over the course of years, written a best-selling book about themselves, voluntarily spent countless hours in the company of crime experts having meetings to discuss the crime etc, and simulataneously petitioned the government to review the investigation into their criminal doings - just one similar example will do.

Hmmmm .... let me see

OJ Simpson?

And before you jump in and claim that the Criminal Courts found him innocent - let me just remind you that the Civil courts did no such thing.

Myra Hindley had a good go at continually trying to convince the world that she wasn't involved in the Moors Murders as well (and she'd have got away with it if Brady hadn't been stupid enough to tape the Lesley Anne Downey murder) ... she continually contacted crime experts, journalists etc and wrote an autobiography (never published but it exists).

Either you are very young, very poorly read or wilfully blind .. I'm not sure which and to be honest I don't much care, but if you are going to debate with me a little critical thinking and research might be in order Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 375754

LittleMissMolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo 18.05.11 14:37

Wendy wrote:

As someone else said on here the other day, we have a retired Chief of Police as a member who does not believe the McCanns version of events. What are your qualifications? Why do you keep trying to ram the McCanns innocence down our throats when they have admitted they left their 3 tots alone so are guilty of neglect at least? People are in jail for doing the same, yet here we have two doctors who are free to roam the world peddling lies and getting paid for it.

Just be patient and see what the Met police uncover. If they are innocent then I feel sure many people will apologise to them and take down blogs and forums but I don't see why people should believe in their innocence just because you tell us to.

You don't need to listen to me, you just need to use your common sense.
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo 18.05.11 14:46

LittleMissMolly wrote:

Hmmmm .... let me see

OJ Simpson?

And before you jump in and claim that the Criminal Courts found him innocent - let me just remind you that the Civil courts did no such thing.

Myra Hindley had a good go at continually trying to convince the world that she wasn't involved in the Moors Murders as well (and she'd have got away with it if Brady hadn't been stupid enough to tape the Lesley Anne Downey murder) ... she continually contacted crime experts, journalists etc and wrote an autobiography (never published but it exists).

Either you are very young, very poorly read or wilfully blind .. I'm not sure which and to be honest I don't much care, but if you are going to debate with me a little critical thinking and research might be in order Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 375754

OJ Simpson, hmmm....? He was apprehended shortly after his wife's murder after going on the run if I recall correctly. I certainly don't remember him petitioning the FBI to review the evidence against him. Nor do I remember him writing a book or courting the media extensively prior to his court case in the hopes of loacating his wife's killer. Of course, afterwards and after he thought he had gotten away with it he could dine off his notoriety, safe in the knowledge that he could never be tried for the same crime again, in a criminal court at least. It's a bit different I'm sure you will agree.

Myra Hindley was banged up in prison for life, desperate to be freed, all her actions that you reference happened AFTER her conviction in a bid to secure her freedom and again this bears absolutely no comparison. She did not spend years on the loose begging the police to investigate her did she?

So - still waiting for a comparable case. I think you will struggle to find one if those two examples were the best you could come up with.
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.05.11 14:51

Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 921124 Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 181154 you are very entertaining this afternoon Ringo, keep it up. Why is Everyone Acting as Detective and losing Sight of the Most Important Aspect of This Case? 5251

deep down in our hearts, we feel sorry for Madeleine and all of the other tapas children.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top