The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Mm11

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Mm11

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Regist10

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday

Post by pauline 13.05.11 18:41

The McCann's will tonight be interviewed by Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late Show, the main chat show In Ireland.

Tubridy is known for his lightweight interviewing style and reluctance to ask key questions. He was recently criticised when he interviewed Ronan Keating of Boyzone whose family man image had been shattered by an affair with one of the dancers on tour with the group. He did not mention this indiscretion in his interview.

Tubridy also has two young daughters of similar age to Madeline and her sister Amelie.

So it is very unlikely if anything will be learnt from this 'interview.'

Whether questions form the audience will be permitted is unknown - but unlikely.

the show starts at 9.35 pm on RTE 1
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty Re: McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday

Post by Guest 13.05.11 18:46

Thanks pauline, thumbsup

I don't suppose we can get it on any Sky channel can we?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty Re: McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday

Post by pauline 13.05.11 18:55

candyfloss wrote:Thanks pauline, thumbsup

I dont know. I expect Sky will cover the interview and show extracts. RTE (Irish TV) offers podcasts of most programmes so you might be able to get it that way. try googling RTE and then Late Late Show
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.05.11 19:04

pauline wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Thanks pauline, thumbsup

I dont know. I expect Sky will cover the interview and show extracts. RTE (Irish TV) offers podcasts of most programmes so you might be able to get it that way. try googling RTE and then Late Late Show

I know they have just, well a couple of hours ago done a news conference over there. Sky had it on for a few mins but then Martin Brunt came on and talked over it. Mind you Martin Brunt said the decision of Cameron has rebounded on them a bit, with a lot of people voicing their concerns, and he also said that Ben Needham's mom had been on and asked why hadn't she had that sort of help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 13.05.11 19:11

candyfloss wrote:and he also said that Ben Needham's mom had been on and asked why hadn't she had that sort of help.

Good for her!

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty The Irish Interview

Post by pauline 14.05.11 0:32

I have just watched the McCann interview with Ryan Tubridy on Irish Television's Late Late Show

If you had only read headlines and skimmed articles you would find the couple utterly believable and feel very sorry for them. I know I did for quite a while at the start ie back in 2007.

Ryan started off by asking the McCanns to tell the viewers about themselves and how they met. In their response the couple told how they needed IVF to deal with their fertility problems. Moving on to their childcare arrangements they said that collectively (ie the Tapas group) decided to check their children regularly. Kate says she discovered in the police files in Aug 2008 that they (police) were aware of a reservation in the tapas restaurant book for a week which revealed the children were alone. She said you couldn't be sure of a table in the tapas bar and she had asked for a booking for the rest of her holiday explaining to the staff member that she needed it as her children were alone and she wanted to be near enough to make regular checks. She explained that the first night the party went to a different restaurant but that it was hard work pushing a buggy with the twins half a mile so they decided to eat more locally. I had understood that the children were left every night. I had not heard this before.

Gerry said they checked very regularly and had established a routine since Sunday. He didn't consider they needed a babysitter. he stated that though in other Mark warner resorts there was a baby listening service, there wasn't one in this resort as it was 'spread out'. (I understood you could hire a babysitter from Mark Warner staff to sit in your apartment - does anyone know if this was the case?). Gerry said it took only 35-40secs to walk to the apartment to do the check.

Kate said that on Thursday morning (day of 'kidnap') Maddie said to her why didn't you come when I cried? Kate asked her about this and she 'dropped it.' Kate now wonders if someone was in the apartment on Wed night. (Though if there was, why didn't he take a child then?)

On thursday Kate says Maddie really tired and at one stage in late afternoon asked to be carried. She then named the two stories she read to Maddie before bedtime.

Kate describes her checking call when she found the bedroom door not as she remembered it. She said the shutters were open and the curtains blew out.

She screamed.

Gerry said there was no way Maddie could have got out.

Question from interviewer - could you open shutters from outside.

Answer yes

Gerry said the boys started searching straight away. the police were called but after 30 min they hadn't come. Mark warner organised a search. the police didn't arrive until almost 4 hours later.Gerry insisted there was no way a 3 year old could open the shutters or the window.

(this is interesting as I understood they said the door was unlocked after the shutter story didn't stand up and the only fingerprint on it was Kate's. They said the door was unlocked in case of a fire so the children could get out. They did not mention the unlocked door at all.)

The interviewer asked about the critisism of their cool demeanor. Gerry said they were told not to talk about specific details. He said they were then subject to leaks and smears. Kate referred to Portuguese judicial secrecy laws.

Gerry said the sniffer dogs came at their request. He agreed the dogs barked at certain places but said that the relevant manuals said that the dog alert (barking) has to be corroborated by forensics, and it was not.

Kate said she had been accused of washing cuddle cat for suspect motives. She said she washed it after 70 days because it was filthy and that the police could have taken it in that time for analysis if they had concerns.

Interviewer: I have been asked to ask you if you have guilt feelings now

Kate then sidetracked the question with family anecdotes. Said she has moved on but would always regret checking system.

Interviewer: there's a lunatic fringe that see her every where.

Gerry; Agreed. Our investigative team grade sightings. They log them.

Gerry: no evidence she is dead. Half our mail is from Ireland

End of interview ( no participation from audience allowed) - applause (but I have heard more enthusiastic applause for the star guests on this show).
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty Thanks for the report

Post by Tony Bennett 14.05.11 1:40

pauline wrote:I have just watched the McCann interview with Ryan Tubridy on Irish Television's Late Late Show

If you had only read headlines and skimmed articles you would find the couple utterly believable and feel very sorry for them. I know I did for quite a while at the start ie back in 2007.

REPLY: True to a point, but only because people nowadays seem less able than they used to be to distinguish truth-tellers from liars

Ryan started off by asking the McCanns to tell the viewers about themselves and how they met. In their response the couple told how they needed IVF to deal with their fertility problems. Moving on to their childcare arrangements they said that collectively (ie the Tapas group) decided to check their children regularly. Kate says she discovered in the police files in Aug 2008 that they (police) were aware of a reservation in the tapas restaurant book for a week which revealed the children were alone. She said you couldn't be sure of a table in the tapas bar and she had asked for a booking for the rest of her holiday explaining to the staff member that she needed it as her children were alone and she wanted to be near enough to make regular checks.

REPLY: They've come up with this story in recent times as it gives a (just) plausible reason as to why an abductor might have been checking on Apartment G5A.

She explained that the first night the party went to a different restaurant but that it was hard work pushing a buggy with the twins half a mile so they decided to eat more locally.

REPLY: They had a buggy. Later however they said they hadn't got a buggy when they were looking for an excuse as to why they didn't take the children to the Millennium restaurant on the evening of 3 May 2007.

I had understood that the children were left every night. I had not heard this before.

REPLY: That is certainly what the McCanns have admitted to; it was first said in articles in the Sunday Mirror and Independent on Sunday, 5 August 2007.

Gerry said they checked very regularly and had established a routine since Sunday.

REPLY: Hmmm.

He didn't consider they needed a babysitter. He stated that though in other Mark Warner resorts there was a baby listening service, there wasn't one in this resort as it was 'spread out'. (I understood you could hire a babysitter from Mark Warner staff to sit in your apartment - does anyone know if this was the case?).

REPLY: But this is contrary to what Dr Kate McCann says in her book! She says the main reason they didn't use babysitters was because they didn't want the children looked after by strangers. After 4 years, they still can't get their story straight!

Gerry said it took only 35-40secs to walk to the apartment to do the check.

REPLY: The distance from a Tapas bar table to the inside of Apartment G5A is around 130 yards / 120 metres. The average man would do that in about 1 minute 15 seconds at good walking pace; a typical woman might take 5 to 10 seconds longer.

Kate said that on Thursday morning (day of 'kidnap') Maddie said to her why didn't you come when I cried? Kate asked her about this and she 'dropped it.'

REPLY: That is a very unlikely story which some say was invented to ad weight to claims that Madeleine was alive that day (3 May).

Kate now wonders if someone was in the apartment on Wed night. (Though if there was, why didn't he take a child then?)

REPLY: I can scarcely believe that newspapers and media can recycle such utter and patent rubbish.

On thursday Kate says Maddie really tired and at one stage in late afternoon asked to be carried. She then named the two stories she read to Maddie before bedtime.

REPLY: I find it hard to believe that she carried Madeleine while Gerry was walking beside her (which is what she and Gerry say). The evidence that Madeleine was alive on 3 May is thin, to say the least.

Kate describes her checking call when she found the bedroom door not as she remembered it. She said the shutters were open and the curtains blew out.

REPLY: But Gerry says he checked at 9.05pm to 9.10pm so how does she know how far open he left the door then? It's so easy to pick their ludicrous statements apart. Why don't professional journalists and editors query these things?

She screamed.

Answer yes.

REPLY: I'm not sure if that's right.

Gerry said the boys started searching straight away. The police were called but after 30 min they hadn't come. Mark Warner organised a search. The police didn't arrive until almost 4 hours later. Gerry insisted there was no way a 3 year old could open the shutters or the window.

REPLY: If those are the answers Gerry gave about the police, he is exaggerating like mad. IIRC the police were called around 10.30pm, the GNr came at around 11.10pm, and the PJ about 45 minutes after that.

(this is interesting as I understood they said the door was unlocked after the shutter story didn't stand up and the only fingerprint on it was Kate's. They said the door was unlocked in case of a fire so the children could get out. They did not mention the unlocked door at all.)

The interviewer asked about the critisism of their cool demeanour. Gerry said they were told not to talk about specific details. He said they were then subject to leaks and smears. Kate referred to Portuguese judicial secrecy laws.

Gerry said the sniffer dogs came at their request. He agreed the dogs barked at certain places but said that the relevant manuals said that the dog alert (barking) has to be corroborated by forensics, and it was not.

Kate said she had been accused of washing Cuddle Cat for suspect motives. She said she washed it after 70 days because it was filthy and that the police could have taken it in that time for analysis if they had concerns.

Interviewer: I have been asked to ask you if you have guilt feelings now.

Kate then sidetracked the question with family anecdotes. Said she has moved on but would always regret checking system.

Interviewer: Tere's a lunatic fringe that see her every where.

Gerry: no evidence she is dead. Half our mail is from Ireland.

End of interview (no participation from audience allowed) - applause (but I have heard more enthusiastic applause for the star guests on this show).

REPLY: Thank you very much Pauline for a very informative and helpful account, it's much appreciated.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty Babysitting and the McCanns

Post by pauline 14.05.11 10:06

Further to my report on the Irish Interview i checked the mark warner site to read about the childcare facilities the company offer.

Apart from the evening creche running from 7.30 pm - 11.30 pm you can book an evening babysitter with the childcare manager at €12 per hour (this is 2011 rate for 2007 rate would be cheaper and well affordable by 2 doctors). The website said these services are in demand and cannot be guaranteed. The McCanns have never said all the babysitters were booked up or implied that they ever considered this option. They said on the Irish interview that there was no baby listening service in their resort as it was 'spread out.' So the group became in effect a baby listening service.

They did not mention the actual babysitting service and the interviewer did not ask if there was one.

They had said in earlier interviews re babysitting that they did not want their children left with a babysitter they did not know. This is inconsistent with the fact that they used both the morning and afternoon childcare services provided by Mark warner and the evening babysitter would come from the staff the children would know from the day.

They have said they didn't want to use the evening creche as this would interfere with their children's routine (in bed by the time the creche opens). I can accept this as after a night out, who wants to collect sleepy children from a creche - children who may wake up and not want to go to bed in their actual bed.

But I just cant see why they didn't book the babysitter for the week to be sure of getting one. they weren't out just drinking they were having dinner. Who wants to be up and down during a meal. What if a course has just arrived and its 30 min check time. Do you go and let the food get cold or do you eat that course and then go - in which case its not a 30 min check. I cant believe they were all so MEAN that they wouldn't pay for a baby sitter. And there was a grandmother in the group. Why did she never sit for her grandchildren? Wouldn't that have been the point of taking her?

Its not my idea of a relaxing dinner with friends if group members are up and down throughout the dinner.

I feel the childcare issue is crucial - there couldn't be a babysitter because Madeleine was not there to be minded. So they have fudged on this and spread confusion. Last night the evening creche did not come up so they didn't have to explain why it was not used. The interviewer should have pushed the babysitting issue but didn't. It was a soft interview and great PR for the McCanns. However i would be interested to know how the book is selling in Ireland.

pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

McCann's on Irish chat show tonight Friday Empty Babysitting

Post by Guest 14.05.11 10:32

Excellent points raised by Pauline about the childcare facilities on offer. It all goes to reinforce the belief that the checking story was an elaborate fabrication to cover up whatever had happened some time earlier.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.05.11 10:33

pauline wrote:I have just watched the McCann interview with Ryan Tubridy on Irish Television's Late Late Show

Ryan started off by asking the McCanns to tell the viewers about themselves and how they met. In their response the couple told how they needed IVF to deal with their fertility problems. Moving on to their childcare arrangements they said that collectively (ie the Tapas group) decided to check their children regularly. Kate says she discovered in the police files in Aug 2008 that they (police) were aware of a reservation in the tapas restaurant book for a week which revealed the children were alone. She said you couldn't be sure of a table in the tapas bar and she had asked for a booking for the rest of her holiday explaining to the staff member that she needed it as her children were alone and she wanted to be near enough to make regular checks. She explained that the first night the party went to a different restaurant but that it was hard work pushing a buggy with the twins half a mile so they decided to eat more locally. I had understood that the children were left every night. I had not heard this before.

Gerry said they checked very regularly and had established a routine since Sunday. He didn't consider they needed a babysitter. he stated that though in other Mark warner resorts there was a baby listening service, there wasn't one in this resort as it was 'spread out'. (I understood you could hire a babysitter from Mark Warner staff to sit in your apartment - does anyone know if this was the case?). Gerry said it took only 35-40secs to walk to the apartment to do the check.

Kate said that on Thursday morning (day of 'kidnap') Maddie said to her why didn't you come when I cried? Kate asked her about this and she 'dropped it.' Kate now wonders if someone was in the apartment on Wed night. (Though if there was, why didn't he take a child then?)

She screamed.

Answer yes

Gerry said the boys started searching straight away. the police were called but after 30 min they hadn't come. Mark warner organised a search. the police didn't arrive until almost 4 hours later.Gerry insisted there was no way a 3 year old could open the shutters or the window.

The interviewer asked about the critisism of their cool demeanor. Gerry said they were told not to talk about specific details. He said they were then subject to leaks and smears. Kate referred to Portuguese judicial secrecy laws.

Kate said she had been accused of washing cuddle cat for suspect motives. She said she washed it after 70 days because it was filthy and that the police could have taken it in that time for analysis if they had concerns.

Interviewer: I have been asked to ask you if you have guilt feelings now

Interviewer: there's a lunatic fringe that see her every where.

Gerry: no evidence she is dead. Half our mail is from Ireland

End of interview ( no participation from audience allowed) - applause (but I have heard more enthusiastic applause for the star guests on this show).

Thank you for this really good summary pauline thumbsup

Apparantly it's available to watch here, although I can't as I haven't got flash player or something

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1098327

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 16.05.11 15:14

[quote="candyfloss"]
pauline wrote:
Thank you for this really good summary pauline thumbsup

Apparantly it's available to watch here, although I can't as I haven't got flash player or something

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1098327

Yes it is available as i checked the link. Watching it again, I realise I misheard something which I put into my report of the Irish TV interview. I thought they said they had taken the buggy to the Millenium restaurant on the first night and it was hard work taking 3 small children over half a mile. I now realise they said they had not taken the buggy on holiday as they were only away for a week and it was hard work without a buggy getting the children to that restaurant - and therefore they ate at the tapas bar thereafter as it was nearer. So what they said actually agrees with what they said in the book! - i had a look at the book in a shop today and the book says they did not have a buggy.
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.05.11 15:37

Thanks for clearing that up pauline thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum