The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Morais blog in the Portuguese press

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Morais blog in the Portuguese press

Post by marigold on 27.12.09 1:37

@sans_souci wrote:
@marigold wrote:It seems clear to myself and many others that the need to insist Maddie is alive is for financial purposes, maybe they have a surplus supply of t shirts. Oh, or posters; to be charged for of course. Oh dear almost forgot, I have to add IMO, to save myself from being hounded and bullied for having and expressing an opinion.

Which says more about you than about the McCanns. They are her parents - maybe they are clinging to hope, however slim.

Parents! You call THEM parents!!

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 27.12.09 1:39

Raffle wrote:
@Autumn wrote:
@sans_souci wrote:
@marigold wrote:It seems clear to myself and many others that the need to insist Maddie is alive is for financial purposes, maybe they have a surplus supply of t shirts. Oh, or posters; to be charged for of course. Oh dear almost forgot, I have to add IMO, to save myself from being hounded and bullied for having and expressing an opinion.

Which says more about you than about the McCanns. They are her parents - maybe they are clinging to hope, however slim.

The McCanns will continue to use their daughter as a cash cow for as long as they can get away with it. Iv long thought that the Fund will be their downfall - their greed will be their undoing in the end. Its always been about money with the McCanns and always will be.

How spiteful. never mind

How true.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 27.12.09 1:42

@Slartibartfast wrote:
@Autumn wrote:
@sans_souci wrote:

The McCanns will continue to use their daughter as a cash cow for as long as they can get away with it. Iv long thought that the Fund will be their downfall - their greed will be their undoing in the end. Its always been about money with the McCanns and always will be.

Why would two well-heeled doctors be on a cash grab?
They weren't exactly broke before hand.
It's a damn strange business model if you believe they are doing this for personal gain.
Unless you have actual evidence to back up this theory of yours?

If they weren't 'exactly broke beforehand' then why did they use the fund to pay their mortgage?

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.12.09 1:52

@marigold wrote:If they weren't 'exactly broke beforehand' then why did they use the fund to pay their mortgage?

careful theyll call that facetious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nits on 27.12.09 9:03

[quote="Autumn]
No, the real financial winners have been theMcCanns' legal teams, PR agencies, spokesmen/women, dodgy 'detective agencies' and, of course, the McCanns themselves. Shame on all of them.[/quote]

Says it all really doesn't it

Late in 2007, Gerry McCann gave an interview to an American magazine and talked about the decision to publicise the eye defect. "Certainly we thought it was possible that [the publicity] could possibly hurt her or her abductor might do something to her eye . . . But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy."

I thought this was quite a thought provoking article and worth a read

http://u.tv/News/Madeleine-McCann-Icons-of-the-decade/98011742-e80a-457c-9662-7f953f2b9220

Nits

Nits

View user profile http://nitsramblings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sans_souci on 27.12.09 9:15

[quote="marigold
If they weren't 'exactly broke beforehand' then why did they use the fund to pay their mortgage?[/quote]

Maybe because they were on unpaid leave and after a few months were running outof cash. Financial support for the family was clearly within the remit of the fund.

sans_souci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janz on 27.12.09 9:28

Sans, are you seriously saying that after just three months they didnt have enough to pay their mortgage? Even with his salary as a Consultant, his private work, and his other sidelines (COMARE for instance)? Do you think they were living beyond their means then?

You are right about the fund though, that was definitely set up in a way that the money could be used for, basically, whatever they wanted it to be used for.

Janz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.12.09 10:16

I can't think of anyone who could pay a large mortage and runnings costs for a family, both home and abroad with no income coming in.

Back to top Go down

Post by sans_souci on 27.12.09 10:27

I suspect they were living up to their means. Largish mortgage, three kids etc, probably not much left at the end of each month. And cardiology is not very lucrative as far as private practice is concerned.

But we all have our different views on this.

sans_souci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 27.12.09 13:25

Do we know if Gerry was paid on the grounds of compassionate leave - I would have thought, under the circumstances, that he would continue to receive his wages.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.12.09 13:30

tyra wrote:I can't think of anyone who could pay a large mortage and runnings costs for a family, both home and abroad with no income coming in.

In all the chaos and emotions going on overthere at least the mortage was paid.
Can't say that of Goncalo Amaral big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 27.12.09 13:49

Aristocrat wrote:
tyra wrote:I can't think of anyone who could pay a large mortage and runnings costs for a family, both home and abroad with no income coming in.

If you find that so funny, there is something wrong with you.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.12.09 15:16

Oh no, on the contrary! I'm fine, but I like sarcasm.

I meet all my obligations, I have no half-million debt (!), I accept the things of life even if it appears that I did a lousy job,
I respect my profession and do not write books to the shame of my profession to destroy parents of a missing child.
I never visit the pub and I do not drink. I'm certainly not a weird and dangerous stalker who threathens people to shoot a golden bullet between their eyes, I do not fool around with the opposite sexe.
I am happily married, we have 2 wonderful children properly educated and both study or work on a great future.

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 27.12.09 21:49

Then why didn't they do the decent thing, what anyone else would almost certainly have done, and sell their huge house to fund the 'search' rather than publicly funded money? If they are so 'well heeled' then destitution would take somewhat longer than a couple of months. What a cheek they had to use public money to pay their mortgage! Looks like greed to me. Whether or not, sans souci, it was cleverly within the legal framework of the fund that they could use other people's money how they wished, it was morally bankrupt and that's why the reaction to it was so negative. There is no excuse. They should have used their own and their family's money first. It was their child, they should have coughed up first. They still tout for money too don't they, when it is THEIR responsibility to fund any search. Totally outrageous.
So... Amaral is accused by them of needing money and quite clearly so do they or they wouldn't still have the begging bowls out. They now, as a result of their daughter's 'disappearance', have a ready supply of money, which they must need or why use it to pay their mortgage? Each time a new 'appeal' comes out, the coffers are replenished. And they have the utter nerve to say that Amaral's motives are financial! Hypocrites!

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sans_souci on 27.12.09 22:08

No matter how much you splutter, all of the money has been directed to a properly constituted company with independent directors, and subject to annual audit. The terms of reference of the company are clearly stated. Had their motive been personal financial gain, then the monies from the Express payout - half a million plus, would surely have been directed to their own account. That it was directed to the company speaks volumes about their motivation.

If we may draw a comparison for a moment, if Amarals motives were siply for the truth to emerge, and had he wanted wide distribution, then publishing his work on the internet, for free of perhaps a small download charge, would have ensured fast and wide coverage. Instead, we see a book being published, a film being made, interviews charged for..... And seemingly a private company set up to receive the assets.

These he was entitled, legally, to do. But lets not see any more crap about his motives being untainted by personal financial gain.

sans_souci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.12.09 22:11

@sans_souci wrote:[quote="marigold
If they weren't 'exactly broke beforehand' then why did they use the fund to pay their mortgage?

Maybe because they were on unpaid leave and after a few months were running outof cash. Financial support for the family was clearly within the remit of the fund.[/quote]

Why would they be on unpaid leave? With the stress they were under, they wouldn't have been allowed to work anyway. They would have been paid sick/compassionate leave. 6 months full pay, and 6 months half pay I think is the norm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.12.09 22:15

@sans_souci wrote:No matter how much you splutter, all of the money has been directed to a properly constituted company with independent directors, and subject to annual audit. The terms of reference of the company are clearly stated. Had their motive been personal financial gain, then the monies from the Express payout - half a million plus, would surely have been directed to their own account. That it was directed to the company speaks volumes about their motivation.

If we may draw a comparison for a moment, if Amarals motives were siply for the truth to emerge, and had he wanted wide distribution, then publishing his work on the internet, for free of perhaps a small download charge, would have ensured fast and wide coverage. Instead, we see a book being published, a film being made, interviews charged for..... And seemingly a private company set up to receive the assets.

These he was entitled, legally, to do. But lets not see any more crap about his motives being untainted by personal financial gain.

sans_souci (quote)That it was directed to the company speaks volumes about their motivation.
They are directors, and as stated earlier, they can use it as they see fit. i.e financial support for the family.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 28.12.09 0:26

[quote="sans_souci"]No matter how much you splutter, all of the money has been directed to a properly constituted company with independent directors, and subject to annual audit. The terms of reference of the company are clearly stated. Had their motive been personal financial gain, then the monies from the Express payout - half a million plus, would surely have been directed to their own account. That it was directed to the company speaks volumes about their motivation.

These he was entitled, legally, to do. But lets not see any more crap about his motives being untainted by personal financial gain.[/quote]

Sans if that Company was transparent they would not have hurriedly and quietly installed themselves as Directors.

Audits for PLC's mean sweet FA. A professional fraudster I know of submits returns to Companies House no questions asked. They are less regulated than small businesses.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.09 0:28

@Autumn wrote:
Aristocrat wrote:

If you find that so funny, there is something wrong with you.
You must admit, it would have been better for him to pay the mortgage and keep a roof over his kid's heads than to buy a forty thousand pound Jag?

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 28.12.09 0:40

I had a second hand BMW like Amaral's second hand Jag. My customers were so, so jealous even though their new Ford Fiesta cost far more.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.09 0:53

I'd rather keep a roof over my child's head than swan about in a swanky car. But all parents are different (or we wouldn't be here discussing this would we?)

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 28.12.09 0:58

Sans Souci, money directed to the fund is money directed to their personal account. Yes, it does speak volumes, it speaks volumes that they are directors of said account and as you have said they can do what they like with it legally. So please don't give me spluttering rubbish about the money not going to them, it does, via THE FUND. Whether or not they have committed fraud I am sure we will know soon enough.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.09 18:01

@MaryB wrote:What should he not have tried to do.

Because he committed libel and defamation and because he alone is responsible for a complete wrong and false impression of the McCanns to the Portuguese public.

Because free speech is not freedom to slander, defame and distort the truth.

Because he alone is responsible for harming the search for Madeleine.

I could go on but I think you understand my drift.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB on 29.12.09 18:05

No I don't really get your drift. Where in the book are the McCanns defamed. I think somebody else asked the same but it wasn't answered. I think there is a misunderstanding on the McCanns part. That is how it seems to me. And who didn't answer the questions and who didn't take part in the police reconstruction. Can't see how the police have harmed the search for Madeleine.

MaryB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 31.12.09 22:48

What The Papers Never Say wrote:
@MaryB wrote:What should he not have tried to do.

Because he committed libel and defamation and because he alone is responsible for a complete wrong and false impression of the McCanns to the Portuguese public.

Because free speech is not freedom to slander, defame and distort the truth.

Because he alone is responsible for harming the search for Madeleine.

I could go on but I think you understand my drift.

No!! THEY alone are responsible for harming the 'search' for Maddie. By not answering questions, by clearly lying and not returning for the reconstruction. When are they and their pathetic supporters going to take responsibility for the Mccanns role in this? Oh and by the way, British police arrived at the same conclusion: that Madeleine was dead.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum