The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Mm11

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Mm11

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Regist10

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Empty Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

Post by ROSA 08.05.11 2:39

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all 63810
The mccanns are the vilest people of all in (my opinion)...
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Empty Re: Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

Post by PeterMac 08.05.11 8:12

Very interesting set of comments, particularly towards the bottom.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Empty Re: Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

Post by ufercoffy 08.05.11 9:30

Thank you for posting the link up Rosa. How did you that by that way?

Hope you don't mind me posting up the whole article because sometimes these things get whooshed off the internet.

Kate McCann is not publishing a book to find fame, she's raising funds to continue the search for her daughter

Comments (65)

Barbara Ellen
The Observer, Sunday 8 May 2011
Article history
My stomach lurched when I saw that Kate McCann had written a book about her daughter's disappearance, entitled Madeleine and serialised in the Sun. Not because I thought she shouldn't have written it but because I could sense them coming – "them" being the professional haters, the abusive, gloating chorus, who have denounced, castigated and accused the McCanns, online and off, ever since that night in May 2007 when Madeleine McCann disappeared from Praia da Luz, Portugal. If Kate McCann's book was coming out, so surely would they?

At the time of writing, there was only the first Sun extract to look at. It featured the night Madeleine went missing and Kate's recurring visions of Madeleine being tortured and murdered by paedophiles, the latter so all-consuming, Kate writes, that she wanted "to rip her own skin off".

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Do_de_12

All proceeds from the book will go towards finding Madeleine, which seems logical.

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Mccann10

How else are the McCanns supposed to raise money for their international campaign – holding a few car boot sales?
Clearly the McCanns have made peace with the fact that the last thing they want to think about is the thing people are most likely to pay to hear, see or read about. I'd imagine producing that book was pure torment, but it had to be done. Why then the roar of hostility and censure that accompanies pretty much every move the McCanns make?

It is high time the McCann haters pushed off. I am all for free speech but they've had their say and, raking through innumerable online "wailing walls", most of what they've said is repetitive rubbish. Here are some examples: "The McCanns shouldn't have left their children alone while they ate in a restaurant 100 yards away." Obviously, and the McCanns have expressed regret over their mistake many times.

"A chavvy single mother who'd let her kid be abducted wouldn't have had all this sympathy." In truth, public and media alike tied themselves into PC knots not to appear "prejudiced" towards Karen Matthews when Shannon went "missing". In the end, it was one of Matthews's "chavvy" mates who had the guts to confront her about her lies.

"There is firm evidence that the McCanns killed Madeleine and then concealed the body." No, there isn't. Don't the people who spout such nonsense have anything better to do, such as musing on grassy knolls or looking for Elvis in the supermarket? Hey, Bin Laden may still be alive – get your conspiracy-hungry teeth into that!

Then there is the mindset that the McCanns are "asking for it" because they keep placing themselves in the public eye – as if they have a choice. They don't exactly seem the types to want to appear in newspapers or on television. One can't imagine them having fun with Ant and Dec, or rustling up a double-baked souffle on MasterChef. Now, though, they are stuck in the zone of "reluctant celebrity", forced to keep hankering for attention.

This is the McCanns' special circle of hell – they are off the current news agenda but for them the story isn't over. They are not natural exhibitionists but circumstances dictate that they must keep coming out and "performing". Superficial generational differences aside, they remind me of Winnie Johnson, now terminally ill but still cropping up in the media, begging Ian Brady to tell her where her son, Keith Bennett, is buried on the moors. If anyone feels sympathy for Mrs Johnson, they should feel the same for the McCanns.

No one could deny that, in the past four years, the McCanns have been judged thoroughly. With this book, there is an opportunity for this mood, this element, to pass and for the haters to back off. It seems clear that, far from self-justifying, or attention-seeking, this book is what it has always been about for the McCanns – a practical solution to fundraising.
------------------

It is high time the McCann haters pushed off.
Hey you pathetic wench who is pretending to be a journalist, you sound like muratfan! Haters Justice seekers will not go anywhere until the truth is known about Madeleine, a three year old girl. So there! tease

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Empty Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

Post by Guest 08.05.11 17:32

I'm disappointed that a journalist in a "respectable" paper has come up with an article like this. If the disappearance of Madeleine was indisputably a case of "good parents who made a terrible mistake" as the media tells us, I'm sure that the vast majority of people would sympathise with the McCanns. However, there are so many problems with both the original story and the McCanns' behaviour since then that it is inevitable that they are not universally given the same degree of sympathy as say the mothers of James Bulger and Keith Bennett, the latter being mentioned in the Observer article.

Going off at a bit of a tangent, does anyone else remember the abduction and murder of a 3 year old girl called Leoni Keating in 1985? She was taken from a caravan somewhere in Norfolk if I remember rightly by a complete stranger while her mother was elsewhere on the site drinking. The press tore the mother to shreds for her irresponsibility - I seemed to be the only one who did feel sorry for her as, yes she'd made a terrible mistake, but how she was having to pay for it. What a difference in the press coverage of that case and that of Madeleine!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all Empty Observer article

Post by pauline 08.05.11 18:01

I really can't believe the simplistic article by Barbara Allen in the Observer.

McCanns good. Anyone against them bad.

Ms Allen doesn't appear to have researched her subject as you would expect in an article in a quality paper. She needs to look at both sides, identify the inconsistencies/exagerations in the case put forward by both sides. I find the evidence of the dogs very convincing for example. Having read widely, I do not believe that madeleine was taken by a stranger as the McCann's claim. Maybe I am wrong but I am not a bad person for believing that, and saying so on blogsites and in discussions with friends.

At the very least the McCanns are guilty on the facts they have given of child neglect - they leave 3 children under 4 in an unlocked apartment. they are both doctors and would be more aware than other parents of for example a young child choking on its own vomit, falling out of bed, having a nightmare or even febrile convulsions (which happened to my daughter and she had to be rushed to hospital). Yet they had left the children alone every night.

And Kate McCann says in one of the interviews in the media this weekend that when Maddie said to her why didn't you come when I cried, she didn't then realise the significance of it. This woman is a GP - she knows she didn't come because she wasn't there when the child woke up while she was dining in the tapas bar. Surely this should have reminded her that children can be asleep when you go out but they can all wake up shortly after you have gone.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.05.11 18:06

pauline wrote:I really can't believe the simplistic article by Barbara Allen in the Observer.

McCanns good. Anyone against them bad.

Ms Allen doesn't appear to have researched her subject as you would expect in an article in a quality paper. She needs to look at both sides, identify the inconsistencies/exagerations in the case put forward by both sides. I find the evidence of the dogs very convincing for example. Having read widely, I do not believe that madeleine was taken by a stranger as the McCann's claim. Maybe I am wrong but I am not a bad person for believing that, and saying so on blogsites and in discussions with friends.

At the very least the McCanns are guilty on the facts they have given of child neglect - they leave 3 children under 4 in an unlocked apartment. they are both doctors and would be more aware than other parents of for example a young child choking on its own vomit, falling out of bed, having a nightmare or even febrile convulsions (which happened to my daughter and she had to be rushed to hospital). Yet they had left the children alone every night.

And Kate McCann says in one of the interviews in the media this weekend that when Maddie said to her why didn't you come when I cried, she didn't then realise the significance of it. This woman is a GP - she knows she didn't come because she wasn't there when the child woke up while she was dining in the tapas bar. Surely this should have reminded her that children can be asleep when you go out but they can all wake up shortly after you have gone.

Hi pauline and welcome welcome2 Good post thumbsup Kate McCann obviously didn't worry about what Madeleine had said, as she went out the next night just the same sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.05.11 18:31

There are over 300 comments so far about this article, well worth a read, here's the link again

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/08/kate-mccann-ed-miliband-cheryl-cole?commentpage=2#start-of-comments

Just one I picked out .....

Marcia47
8 May 2011 9:04AM
I agree there are many haters out there and some do seem unstable but the same could be said for some of the McCann supporters. If you do your homework you will see that both sides of the fence can be horrid.

I am not a hater of the McCanns', I simply do not believe their version of events, does that make me a hater? I think not. There are many, many people who feel the same way. There are lots internet sites out there with some good discussion about the case. Some sites have the police files which contain all the witness statements. Have you read the files? Are you aware that Mrs McCann refused to answer the 42 questions put to her by the Portuguese police? This was her right, but what about Madeleines' rights? Her rights to be protected and cared for? Was Mrs McCann really showing any care for Madeleine when she answered the one and only question which was

"Do you understand that by not answering these questions you could hinder the investigation"
Mrs McCann replied "If that is what the investigation thinks"

Forgive me but I thought they wanted to do everything they could to find their daughter.

They could,( as has already been pointed out) ask for the case to be reopened at any time they wish. Instead they choose to pay PIs ridiculous amounts of money. I suggest you look deep into the history of the PIs they have hired, and I am not just talking about Halligen. Metodo 3 springs to mind. There is also a huge question mark over the PIs they have hired at the present time.

The McCanns' refused to take part in a reconstruction. Why? Was it because any reconstruction set to their statements would fall apart because it could never, ever have happened in the way they say it did? Or was it really because they thought it wouldn't benefit Madeleine. But writing a book does benefit her? How can that be? If you know about the case the chances are you know nothing new to bring to the case and if you don't know about the case you wont care to buy it. I feel the book is all about money making for themselves.

It is a well known fact that British dogs were brought into the case, those dogs alerted to Cadaver and Blood, exactly what they are trained to do. They were recognised as the some of the best dogs in the world at that time. The dogs findings have been ignored by many people, including the McCanns' Why? Surely if your child was missing and a cadaver dog alerted to the room where your child last lay you would want to get to the bottom of it, would you really try to discredit them?

It is my opinion that Kate and Gerry McCann are hiding something. What that is, I have no idea but they do not appear to be that bothered about doing anything which will actually help find their daughter, Madeleine McCann.

I welcome all reports on the McCann case, but I like reading well informed journalism. You have immediately accused people who disagree with the McCanns' as being 'haters', this tells me straight away that you have not read the files or done any real research into the case.

Please spend some time and read the case files for yourself. It may open your eyes!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 10.05.11 10:09

ROSA wrote:Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all 63810
The mccanns are the vilest people of all in (my opinion)...

Well said ROSA I Agree 100% thumbsup
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 10.05.11 10:19

" By holding a few car boot sales?"
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CAR BOOT SALES YOU SNOB.
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum