The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Important - Note of caution to all members Mm11

Important - Note of caution to all members Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Important - Note of caution to all members Mm11

Important - Note of caution to all members Regist10

Important - Note of caution to all members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important - Note of caution to all members Empty Important - Note of caution to all members

Post by Guest 07.05.11 17:00

I have just seen this on the McCannfiles. In view of this can members please refrain from posting any pictures or articles to do with the serialiasation of the book Madaleine, published in the Sun.

© The Sun 2011. Our lawyers are watching,
07 May 2011

By Nigel Moore
07 May 2011 15:10pm

As anyone who has today purchased The Sun newspaper will know, the title of this short piece appears at various points in the papers exclusive serialisation of Kate McCann's book Madeleine.

It is now clear that this warning was no idle threat, as this morning I received a 'TAKE DOWN NOTICE' from the Corporate Legal Enforcement Team, who act for News Group Newspapers Limited and Times Newspapers Limited - publishers of The Sun and Sunday Times respectively (collectively 'News International').

The notice related to content which had been published on this site (including text and pictures) from the unpublished book written by Kate McCann - and which had been reproduced here from content originally published on The Sun website.

It pointed out that News International controls copyright in relation to the unpublished book and that Further News Group Newspapers Limited owns or controls copyright in the accompanying article published in The Sun newspaper, and online, on 07 May 2011.

Given that neither I, nor this site, hold any copyright over the material referenced in the notice, I have complied with this legal demand and now removed the articles. And whilst I could puff my chest out and make rebellious noises, the fact is it would signify nothing.

Better to concentrate time and effort on the search for the truth about what really happened to Madeleine and accept the absence of any extracts from Kate's book. Whilst that is certainly unfortunate, it is, on the basis of extracts so far published, unlikely to impact on the continuing search for the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Important - Note of caution to all members Empty Re: Important - Note of caution to all members

Post by PeterMac 07.05.11 18:01

I feel sure there are differences between simply reproducing an article, reproducing it with thanks and proper acknowledgments, and reproducing parts for the purpose of commentary. The whole thing is being put in the public domain, in a format - newspaper - which invites comment. They can't publish a paper and then not let people talk about what they have written, particularly if they have written palpable nonsense.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Important - Note of caution to all members Empty Re: Important - Note of caution to all members

Post by Guest 07.05.11 18:07

PeterMac wrote:I feel sure there are differences between simply reproducing an article, reproducing it with thanks and proper acknowledgments, and reproducing parts for the purpose of commentary. The whole thing is being put in the public domain, in a format - newspaper - which invites comment. They can't publish a paper and then not let people talk about what they have written, particularly if they have written palpable nonsense.

I think Nigel at the mccanfiles does just that PeterMac, just reproduces, without comment(mostly) and gives links. What perplexes me is that the other newspapers, have the same pieces in their articles, so have they had one of these Take down notices.

We can still talk about what the Sun writes and gives links, but I would be wary of copying and pasting photo's etc. Anyway the other papers are printing the stuff, so we should still have plenty to talk about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sherlock 07.05.11 18:28

This may help. Tony B will be able to expand on it fully I'm sure.   Important - Note of caution to all members 847771

Under UK Intellectual Property/Copyright Law you can reproduce as follows under a term called 'fair dealing'.

Fair dealing - for criticising or review and reporting current events is allowed for any type of copyright work (except a photograph) as long as it is with a sufficient acknowledgment.

This means you can make single photocopies of short extracts of a copyright work for non-commercial research or private study, criticism or review, or reporting current events.

However, it is not quite as clear regarding a photograph if you then take this into account -

'Fair dealing' with a photograph for the purposes of criticism or review of it or another work or of a performance of a work does not infringe any copyright in the photograph, provided it is accompanied by sufficient acknowledgement. Note, however, that, unlike for other types of copyright material, there is no copyright exception relating to fair dealing with a photograph for the purposes of reporting current events. (Section 30 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).

The 'current bun' is trying to use its "we're bigger than you" status to put the wind up people!
sherlock

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.05.11 18:35

Thanks for that sherlock, thumbsup and welcome to the forum welcome

Just being careful. I'm sure we can copy bits and pieces, but I would think it best to not copy an article in it's entirety, and not photos.

Anyway only a couple of days till the book's out thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 07.05.11 18:37

sherlock wrote:The 'current bun' is trying to use its "we're bigger than you" status to put the wind up people!

Thank you for this.

The 'current bun' would be better off trying to put the wind up the child neglecting, thieving McCanns.

Welcome thumbsup

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePlebian 07.05.11 20:42

I am reliably informed that many torrent sites such a pirate bay, demonoid etc have boasted that they will have the book to download as a PDF 12 hours after publication and downloading is simple. Simply google torrent sites, find one that has the book ( some do require membership ) click on the book then download now, save to your documents etc and wait for it to download and peruse at your leisure.

As they say on the advert 'simples' !

ThePlebian
ThePlebian

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanya 07.05.11 21:02

Cancel your order petermac and save your money!

Vanya
Vanya

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.05.11 23:07

"Cancel your order petermac and save your moneyy!"
Many thanks for the advice.
I shall not follow for the following reasons -
1 I am a retired Police officer and will always try to do things legally.
2 The book is clearly covered by all the copyright rules
3 I want to be able to hold a real physical copy of what Kate Healy, otherwise Mrs Kate McCann, ( though strictly speaking she is Mrs Gerry McCann) intends us to know is the "truth' about the disappearance of her daughter.
I want to be able to pour over the details, and if I can, in any way, find something in the evidence she adduces to assist in the search for her first and beloved daughter Madeleine, and then be able to to contact their firm of top private detectives, whose company details are somewhat of a mystery and whose contact details are totally impenetrable, then I want to help.
We must all be in no doubt that the safe return of Madeleine McCann, unharmed, unhurt, and unaffected, looked after for the last 4 years by a benevolent p*** p***, (sorry person), so well that she is now able to speak and to read English to a high level so that she can read and understand her mother's book, which is what they are saying they want ... IS WHAT WE ALL WANT.
IF Madeleine were to be found, everyone on the planet would rejoice. Congratulations and apologies would be made in equal number.
So find her. Or tell the truth.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePlebian 07.05.11 23:34

While I totally respect your decision PeterMac there are many, many people in forum land and beyond who want to read the book but do not want to contribute to, what they see as, a fraudulent fund.

Many objective eyes surveying the evidence are better than a few and it was for that reason, and that reason only, that I posted the torrent info smilie

ThePlebian
ThePlebian

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.05.11 9:56

I am sure you are right.
The amount of royalty that the "Fund" will receive from my £ 9 will be almost infinitesimal. A few pence at most.
But also, by so doing, I shall be a a moral-high-ground position, being a contributor to the "Fund" and therefore able to protest about the way it is run and overseen by the auditors and Wells Whatnot and Thingie, the solicitors for the Fund.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by DocMartin 08.05.11 10:07

PeterMac wrote:I am sure you are right.
The amount of royalty that the "Fund" will receive from my £ 9 will be almost infinitesimal. A few pence at most.
But also, by so doing, I shall be a a moral-high-ground position, being a contributor to the "Fund" and therefore able to protest about the way it is run and overseen by the auditors and Wells Whatnot and Thingie, the solicitors for the Fund.

Important - Note of caution to all members 145161
DocMartin
DocMartin

Activity : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 08.05.11 10:12

I'm very glad you posted up the torrent info The Plebian because I won't be giving the McCann's one single penny for their fraudulent fund.

I can understand PeterMac wanting a copy and I hope he does find enough info within to contact the private 'detectives'. pray

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon 08.05.11 15:17

ThePlebian wrote:I am reliably informed that many torrent sites such a pirate bay, demonoid etc have boasted that they will have the book to download as a PDF 12 hours after publication and downloading is simple. Simply google torrent sites, find one that has the book ( some do require membership ) click on the book then download now, save to your documents etc and wait for it to download and peruse at your leisure.

As they say on the advert 'simples' !

Many thanks for this information thumbsup
Anon
Anon

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.05.11 16:20

ufercoffy wrote:
I can understand PeterMac wanting a copy and I hope he does find enough info within to contact the private 'detectives'.
Does anyone know how to contact them ? TB has shown on another thread and the MF site that the Company is probably a fraud, and there seem to be no contact details, no website, no email, no phone number, nothing. Just what is retired DI Edgar actually 'doing'
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum