The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gone for 30 years - what a sad sad case

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gone for 30 years - what a sad sad case

Post by DCB1 on 23.12.09 11:23

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Parents-make-final-appeal-30.5931947.jp

Parents make final appeal 30 years after son's abduction

Published Date: 23 December 2009
The ageing parents of a teenage boy abducted 30 years ago made a final appeal today for information about his fate.
Martin Allen, 15, was last seen by a friend at King's Cross Tube Station as he made his way home from school on November 5, 1979.

His case has baffled several teams of Scotland Yard detectives who have been unable to find any trace of him.

Speaking today, Tom and Eileen Allen, of Bordon, Hampshire, admitted they have lost hope of seeing him again and fear they may die before his body is discovered.

Mrs Allen, 81, said: "We just want to know what happened so we can have some final closure. But of course it will never go out of our minds.

"My biggest wish is to have a meeting of the family and a remembrance service, not a funeral, but a service so we can put our memories away.

"We just want to know what happened. Somebody must know something. Please tell us so we can move on."

Mr Allen, 85, revealed he still cries on the day his son disappeared, his birthdays and when he hears music he loved.

He said: "I just break down. I go out into the woods and I simply burst. After that I am all right. I cannot help it.

"I had hope until the beginning of this year. I still had lots of hope but suddenly it disappeared. I do not know why."
Metropolitan Police officers continued to investigate the disappearance of Martin since a review took place in 2006 but admit they have no new leads.

The teenager went missing as he travelled home from school to pick up some money to take to his older brother Bob in Holloway.

His father worked as a chauffeur and his family lived in a cottage in the grounds of the Australian High Commission in Hyde Park Gate, Kensington.

Martin left a friend at a foot tunnel leading on to the southbound Piccadilly platform at King's Cross station at about 3.50pm.

He has not been seen since but a passenger came forward after a television appeal and said he saw a man and a boy acting suspiciously at Earls Court.

The man was standing with his arm around a boy who looked like Martin and both appeared nervous. The man was heard to say: "Don't try to run."
Despite a huge operation, including a visit to every property in Earls Court and the publication of an artist's impression, police have not been able to trace the man.

Investigators have eliminated 200 possible suspects, spoken to 50,000 people and collected 600 statements during the inquiry.

They have not been able to find any of Martin's possessions, which included his school books, lunchbox and part of a model railway.

At one point detectives considered whether serial killer Dennis Nilsen could be responsible but found no evidence to substantiate this.

Mr Allen said his son would have contacted them if he was alive because he would not have wanted them to worry.

He said: "There must be someone out there who knows a tiny little bit but has never said anything.

"They could be the answer we are looking for to help our family come to a bit of rest instead of always saying: 'I wonder what did happen?"'

Mrs Allen, who works with disabled children, said her heart goes out to the parents of other missing children.

And she said she cannot bring herself to read coverage about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Mrs Allen said: "It has been difficult because the other boys have grown up and they have got their own sons. It must be very hard for them.

"Because I am still working with children that does help. I have got to keep going for the sake of the children that are left and the
grandchildren.

"Nobody wants you if you are miserable and crying all the time. I am strong and I have managed to keep my feelings to myself most of the time."

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Nash, who is leading the inquiry, said the case is "truly baffling".

He said: "Officers have worked tirelessly to trace Martin but despite floods of information coming in we have not been able to discover what happened to him.

"I am convinced someone knows what happened to Martin and I would urge them to do the right thing and tell us.

"I hope the passage of time will encourage them to come forward. Martin's family have had an agonising 30 years not knowing what became of him."

* Anyone with information should call the incident room at Hendon on 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

DCB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gone for 30 years - what a sad sad case

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.12.09 11:49

@DCB1 wrote:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Parents-make-final-appeal-30.5931947.jp

Parents make final appeal 30 years after son's abduction

Published Date: 23 December 2009
The ageing parents of a teenage boy abducted 30 years ago made a final appeal today for information about his fate.
Martin Allen, 15, was last seen by a friend at King's Cross Tube Station as he made his way home from school on November 5, 1979.

His case has baffled several teams of Scotland Yard detectives who have been unable to find any trace of him.

Speaking today, Tom and Eileen Allen, of Bordon, Hampshire, admitted they have lost hope of seeing him again and fear they may die before his body is discovered.

Mrs Allen, 81, said: "We just want to know what happened so we can have some final closure. But of course it will never go out of our minds.

"My biggest wish is to have a meeting of the family and a remembrance service, not a funeral, but a service so we can put our memories away.

"We just want to know what happened. Somebody must know something. Please tell us so we can move on."

Mr Allen, 85, revealed he still cries on the day his son disappeared, his birthdays and when he hears music he loved.

He said: "I just break down. I go out into the woods and I simply burst. After that I am all right. I cannot help it.

"I had hope until the beginning of this year. I still had lots of hope but suddenly it disappeared. I do not know why."
Metropolitan Police officers continued to investigate the disappearance of Martin since a review took place in 2006 but admit they have no new leads.

The teenager went missing as he travelled home from school to pick up some money to take to his older brother Bob in Holloway.

His father worked as a chauffeur and his family lived in a cottage in the grounds of the Australian High Commission in Hyde Park Gate, Kensington.

Martin left a friend at a foot tunnel leading on to the southbound Piccadilly platform at King's Cross station at about 3.50pm.

He has not been seen since but a passenger came forward after a television appeal and said he saw a man and a boy acting suspiciously at Earls Court.

The man was standing with his arm around a boy who looked like Martin and both appeared nervous. The man was heard to say: "Don't try to run."
Despite a huge operation, including a visit to every property in Earls Court and the publication of an artist's impression, police have not been able to trace the man.

Investigators have eliminated 200 possible suspects, spoken to 50,000 people and collected 600 statements during the inquiry.

They have not been able to find any of Martin's possessions, which included his school books, lunchbox and part of a model railway.

At one point detectives considered whether serial killer Dennis Nilsen could be responsible but found no evidence to substantiate this.

Mr Allen said his son would have contacted them if he was alive because he would not have wanted them to worry.

He said: "There must be someone out there who knows a tiny little bit but has never said anything.

"They could be the answer we are looking for to help our family come to a bit of rest instead of always saying: 'I wonder what did happen?"'

Mrs Allen, who works with disabled children, said her heart goes out to the parents of other missing children.

And she said she cannot bring herself to read coverage about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Mrs Allen said: "It has been difficult because the other boys have grown up and they have got their own sons. It must be very hard for them.

"Because I am still working with children that does help. I have got to keep going for the sake of the children that are left and the
grandchildren.

"Nobody wants you if you are miserable and crying all the time. I am strong and I have managed to keep my feelings to myself most of the time."

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Nash, who is leading the inquiry, said the case is "truly baffling".

He said: "Officers have worked tirelessly to trace Martin but despite floods of information coming in we have not been able to discover what happened to him.

"I am convinced someone knows what happened to Martin and I would urge them to do the right thing and tell us.

"I hope the passage of time will encourage them to come forward. Martin's family have had an agonising 30 years not knowing what became of him."

* Anyone with information should call the incident room at Hendon on 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
DCB1, reading this immediately put me in mind of poor Jason Swift, the boy whose "crumpled and ravaged body was found lying in a shallow grave in the Essex countryside in 1985" ['Catching Monsters', David Bright, John Blake Publishing, 2003, page 1].

Jason was gang-raped to death by a group of homosexuals at a flat in Hackney and then the evil Sidney Cooke and possibly one other drove his body in a car and buried him in a forest near Ongar, Essex. A walker discovered it some weeks later IIRC.

Bright, a former senior detective with Essex Police, wrote movingly about this subject in two chapters of his astonishing book, 'Catching Monsters'. Chapter 1 he titled 'The Lost Boys' and Chapter 2, about the arrest and successful prosecution of Cooke, was ttiled 'Beyond Evil'. Sadly Bright concluded that these homosexuals may have raped and then murdered many other boys around this time; Cooke and his gang operated in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

If there is indeed a Day of Judgment, those responsible for anything happening to Martin Allen will have a very heavy weight on their conscience for the rest of eternity.

I think the description 'beyond evil' is quite apt for all those who sexually abuse children or delight in watching images of this taking place.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 23.12.09 11:52

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I think the description 'beyond evil' is quite apt for all those who sexually abuse children or delight in watching images of this taking place.

Beyond evil describes these people perfectly. Whereas their sexuality; homosexual or heterosexual is completely irrelevant.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on 23.12.09 13:45

Well yes but we don't know that this lad didn't choose an alternative existence... that happens too.
A very senior manager where I work got drunk one Xmas and confided in his team that he'd left his family and worked as a rent boy through his teenage years, for example.

Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 23.12.09 13:56

@Ruby wrote:Well yes but we don't know that this lad didn't choose an alternative existence... that happens too.
A very senior manager where I work got drunk one Xmas and confided in his team that he'd left his family and worked as a rent boy through his teenage years, for example.

Which lad Ruby? The OP or Jason?

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.09 14:15

@Ruby wrote:Well yes but we don't know that this lad didn't choose an alternative existence... that happens too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on 23.12.09 14:25

@vaguely wrote:

Neither, TBH vaguely.
Just saying there are other possibilities...

Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 23.12.09 14:26

@Ruby wrote:
@vaguely wrote:

Neither, TBH vaguely.
Just saying there are other possibilities...

Sorry, you said "We don't know that this lad didn't choose an alternative existence" - i just wondered if you were referring to the lad in the OP, or Jason swift. There were two different cases above.

flower

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on 23.12.09 14:40

Sorry vaguely I meant Martin, out of the two.
But I am NOT suggesting he has become a rent boy, to avoid confusion...

Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 23.12.09 14:43

@Ruby wrote:Sorry vaguely I meant Martin, out of the two.
But I am NOT suggesting he has become a rent boy, to avoid confusion...

No, no. Thank you. I understand what you mean.

x

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast on 23.12.09 15:37

Why does Tony Bennett place an emphasis on homosexuals?
The men who were involved in Jason Swift's death are paedophiles.

Slartibartfast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 23.12.09 15:52

I have no idea.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on 23.12.09 15:53

Agree. Think a certain amount of bigotry exists to try and shoe horn homosexuality into the equation, but maybe thar's just me. thumbsup

Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.09 18:10

Thanks for the OP, DCB1, I know when a member of the family is missing for whatever reason it is heartbreaking every day but this time of year is especially poignant because it is so linked with families and sharing and togetherness, I wish them some form of closure.

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 on 23.12.09 18:11

tyra wrote:Thanks for the OP, DCB1, I know when a member of the family is missing for whatever reason it is heartbreaking every day but this time of year is especially poignant because it is so linked with families and sharing and togetherness, I wish them some form of closure.

30 years - I can't get that out of my head or even imagine it.

DCB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.09 18:15

@DCB1 wrote:
tyra wrote:Thanks for the OP, DCB1, I know when a member of the family is missing for whatever reason it is heartbreaking every day but this time of year is especially poignant because it is so linked with families and sharing and togetherness, I wish them some form of closure.

We are stronger than we think, whenever life throws obstacles, we can and do surmount them, hope is a great strength but no-one ever deserves to live a life like that though, so close to real life, real happiness but always with a shadow.

Just so sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.09 20:06

@DCB1 wrote:

Just watched it on the News,such a damn shame. These poor families must live in hell.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum