The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by Gracias on 06.05.11 19:00

@Anna wrote:According to the advert on the tv just now, Kate McCann is "the only person who knows what happened to Madeleine".

Get her in for questioning then!

The advert has just been on again and the wording has now changed to "told by the only person who can".

Gracias

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 06.05.11 23:59

[quote="Gracias"]
@Anna wrote:According to the advert on the tv just now, Kate McCann is "the only person who knows what happened to Madeleine".

Get her in for questioning then!

i like it keep up the good work kate its only a matter of time before you wont be able to take your foot out of your mouth

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poppydog on 07.05.11 2:04

Book now £9 on Amazon

poppydog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.11 7:32

On Sky news this morning, they are claiming that Kate knew instantly that she had been taken by paedophiles !!!

So how comes she still had to search the apartment, then Gerry came in and had to lift up beds.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 07.05.11 7:44

i thought gerry said there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm,now we have kate saying she knew instantly that Madeleine had been taken by a paedo(according to sky),wonder what world kate and gerry live in.

ps,thank you for my avatar

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.11 7:56

Kate knew instantly, yet as a professional she did not think to preserve the crime scene and allowed a team of people to trash every last inch of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 07.05.11 8:00

i think this book will be a real eye opener to the state of kates mind.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.05.11 8:06

Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
Buy new: £20.00 £9.00

GCSE Question
If a book is priced at £ 20 and is supposed to raise 1 million, what can it raise if it is sold at £ 9.
(time allowed - 4 years)

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.05.11 13:57

AMAZON

"Important Message
Please note that the price of Madeleine has decreased from £10.00 to £9.00 since you placed it in your Shopping Basket. Items in your basket will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 09.05.11 0:09

kate you do realise there is no edit button on a published book
i hope your book all about you places you were you belong

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 09.05.11 0:17

@PeterMac wrote:Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)

GCSE Question
If a book is priced at £ 20 and is supposed to raise 1 million, what can it raise if it is sold at £ 9.
(time allowed - 4 years)

At this rate they will be paying us to read it by Thursday

The book is also available on Kindle from £6.30, from May 16th

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DocMartin on 09.05.11 9:47

@sharonl wrote:At this rate they will be paying us to read it by Thursday

Even then, I still wouldn't read it.

Unless the fee was enough for two mortgage payments, then I might consider it.

DocMartin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 10.05.11 0:48

i can't wait to hear what Madeleines Hero Goncalo Amaral has to say about kates book that will be a review worth waiting for i hope a book review by Goncalo brings Kate all the fear she deserves

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 10.05.11 16:54

@PeterMac wrote:Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)

GCSE Question
(time allowed - 4 years)

The McCanns will have received a huge advance for the book which will not be refundable however low sales are. This is the normal situation with advances.In this case the publishers will have paid put a large advance expecting big sales - seeing advance orders down etc the publisher would appear to be cutting losses by reducing the price to bring in some income. Te McCanns will only get more money from the publisher when sales exceed the advance - which it is unlikely they will given the much reduced selling price. The McCanns have already received money for the serialisation in the Sun and presumably they are charging for interviews to do with the book.

So the book has definitely raised a large sum for them - how wisely it will be spent looking for Madeleine is another matter, given their track record to date.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.05.11 14:16

Amazon
Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
13 new from £9.00 4 used from £10.70

This is bizarre. A USED copy is worth MORE than a brand new one !!!

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief on 15.05.11 14:18

I won't buy it but I bet it will throw up much more than the Mc's wanted out, all the inconsistencies. Got to have a good memory to be a liar.

soulthief

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 15.05.11 14:52

Sadly they don't care. They put out some flatout lies, that already have been proven to be lies, they think if they just keep telling them people think they are true, and a lot of people do.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.05.11 11:14

@lj wrote:Sadly they don't care. They put out some flatout lies, that already have been proven to be lies, they think if they just keep telling them people think they are true, and a lot of people do.
But will the Met's best ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the price in one shop in Ireland

Post by pauline on 16.05.11 13:42

In St James's hospital shop in Dublin today the book was priced at €15.99 which would be a little under stg£14.

I did not see the book listed as a best seller in this weekends irish papers.

Does anyone know current sales figures?

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.05.11 16:36

@PeterMac wrote:
@lj wrote:Sadly they don't care. They put out some flatout lies, that already have been proven to be lies, they think if they just keep telling them people think they are true, and a lot of people do.

One would hope not. But will the Met's assignment be review the whole case, or will they be sent on a wild goose chase following "sightings"? I am afraid the latter.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 16.05.11 17:06

@lj wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

One would hope not. But will the Met's assignment be review the whole case, or will they be sent on a wild goose chase following "sightings"? I am afraid the latter.

I also have an uneasy feeling that this farce of epic proportions, is about to get even bigger!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.05.11 18:22

I wouldn't be surprised, pennylane. Just think how many influential people will have egg on their faces (a some smelly egg too!) when this couple will be unmasked as the sociopaths they are. Think how many people with loads of money and or connections will have to say "oops, didn't know that".

That's never going to happen. Looking stupid is a death sentence for most important people. They'll do anything to avoid that. They probably already hate this couple as the proverbial pest, but they won't be made fools.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 16.05.11 21:40

@lj wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, pennylane. Just think how many influential people will have egg on their faces (a some smelly egg too!) when this couple will be unmasked as the sociopaths they are. Think how many people with loads of money and or connections will have to say "oops, didn't know that".

That's never going to happen. Looking stupid is a death sentence for most important people. They'll do anything to avoid that. They probably already hate this couple as the proverbial pest, but they won't be made fools.

Yes I agree 100%, lj

What a terrible, tangled mess it's all turned out to be, thanks to a few well-placed connections that refused to allow justice to run its natural course. These people must be wringing their hands with anguish at this blundering pair of child neglecters, who have now altered their version of events so many times, it no longer bears any resemblance to the original plot. No wonder Clarence Mitchell looks such a wreck - it's got to be a damn hard slog, pimping for the gruesome twosome!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo on 17.05.11 17:55

@pauline wrote:In St James's hospital shop in Dublin today the book was priced at €15.99 which would be a little under stg£14.

I did not see the book listed as a best seller in this weekends irish papers.

Does anyone know current sales figures?

Here, hope this answers your question.

Kate McCann's Madeleine (Bantam Press), the story of the abduction and continued search for her daughter, has become one of the fastest-selling non-fiction books since records began.

Helped by better-than-half price deals at W H Smith and Amazon.co.uk, the hardback edition of the talked-about memoir, serialised in the Sun and extensively rereported elsewhere, sold 72,546 copies in its first three days on sale last week, selling an average of just over 1,000 copies per hour.

Only five other non-fiction books have enjoyed stronger opening-week sales since Nielsen BookScan records began in 1998: two Delia Smith cookbooks (BBC, Ebury), David Beckham's My Side (HarperCollinsWillow), Paul Burrell's A Royal Duty (Michael Joseph), and Tony Blair's A Journey (Hutchinson).

The hardback memoir, which was discounted by 52% on average last week, outsold the next most popular purchase of the week, Martina Cole's The Family (Headline), by almost three copies to one, and gives publisher Transworld its fifth Official UK Top 50 number one of the year. Last week's number one, Patricia Cornwell's Port Mortuary (Sphere), falls two places to third position.

Helped by the popularity of Madeleine, spending at UK booksellers was up 7.2% week-on-week to £24.9m. However, spending was nonetheless down 2% on the same week last year.

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/madeleine-surges-top-spot.html

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum