The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 19.05.11 10:15

And todfay, down again
Amazon
Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
Buy new: £20.00 £10.00
16 new from £8.70

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by Baronstu on 20.05.11 1:17

I think they have cut the price due to the fact that most People buy one, go down the pub and lose the b**ger.

Baronstu

Posts : 93
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 20.05.11 7:48

@Baronstu wrote:I think they have cut the price due to the fact that most People buy one, go down the pub and lose the b**ger.
And quite a few are being stolen. Which is why sales are so high.
Mrs

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by ufercoffy on 20.05.11 7:50

Good moaning, PeterMac

Have you read Kate's book yet? If so, what was your overall impression?

____________________
Whose cadaver scent and bodily fluid was found in the McCann's apartment and hire car if not Madeleine's?  Shocked

ufercoffy

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 20.05.11 14:46

Not yet. My copy hasn't arrived. Southern Spain and a PO Box make life pleasantly slow.
From the extracts it seems the only interesting bit is contained in a very few pages, and the rest just about Kate's reaction to everyone else.
From a Police point of view "Oh, no, Please God, not Madeleine, not this, Oh God, woe is me" is somewhat lacking in evidential force to prove that a serious, and extremely rare crime has been committed. But I may be wrong.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by Cheshire Cat on 20.05.11 18:59

@Baronstu wrote:I think they have cut the price due to the fact that most People buy one, go down the pub and lose the b**ger.

I remember Baronstu from 3A's. That was when Mr.D was in town!

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 21.05.11 9:41

And this morning, down again, to £ 8.50
Amazon
Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)
Buy new: £20.00 £10.00
19 new from £8.50 5 used from £10.75

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 25.05.11 9:44

And this morning in my email from Amazon, I got
MR PeterMAC
Are you looking for something in our Biographies store? If so, you might be interested in these items.
Madeleine
by Kate McCann
RRP: £20.00
Price: £10.00
You Save: £10.00 (50%)


It is now deemed to be a biography.
Having browsed it once I would rename it and rebadge it as

KATE, A gynaecological and obstetric manual, with special reference to reproductive techniques.
In this wide ranging book the author tells of the intimate clinical details involved in having three children. The disappearance of the first is lightly dismissed in four paragraphs on one page, but the rest of the book is a guaranteed cure for insomnia, and a safe substitute for Calpol Night.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by Guest on 25.05.11 9:58

Hi PeterMac,

Is there anything at all in the book about Madeleines eye defect (coloboma)?

I ask because in Textusa's blog, (posted in latest news thread - her letter to Kate) she says apparently there is not a word about it, and in the interview on CNN they make light of it, as if it was hardly noticeable and showed up better in photo's. At the beginning of this we were all told to look for the fleck in Madeleine's eye, the posters drew attention to this, and there was a huge campaign drawing people's attention to it, and a good marketing ploy in GM's words.

So if it's not in the book - why not? Surely at 8 or older, that would be one of the sure signs of knowing it was Madeleine, whose facial features would have changed and it would be a way of knowing it was her if spotted.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 25.05.11 10:01

Surely Madeleine is at school? Aren't the teachers aware that they could have the world famous Madeleine McCann right under their noses? Most teachers get close enough to their pupils... to look into their pupils.

IAmNotMerylStreep

Posts : 194
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by Guest on 25.05.11 10:09

@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:Surely Madeleine is at school? Aren't the teachers aware that they could have the world famous Madeleine McCann right under their noses? Most teachers get close enough to their pupils... to look into their pupils.


That is why there should be a good piece in the book after all it was written to help find her wasn't hit, about this eye defect or coloboma, which GM now doesn't think it is, and anyway apparently hardly noticeable???? Why the sudden change, and surely as a doctor you would know what it was for definite and had it checked out with an eye specialist?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 25.05.11 13:01

There is something decidedly fishy about the sudden change in the coloboma story.
Not only as doctors but also as parents they would know every detail of Madeleine's body, (including sadly the bits we had described to us in unnecessary detail). Madeleine was a product of IVF and the range of significant genetic defects is far greater in children produced by this method than those conceived normally. At birth a paediatrician would have inspected her thoroughly, and the eye defect would have been noted on her medical records.
It would have been noted whether it was simple pigmentation of the iris, or a coloboma, as each might reveal some other underlying condition or point to a particular syndrome. A simply look with an ophthalmoscope would be enough.
Madeleine's medical records would have contained all this information. Am I right in thinking the records were never produced to the PJ ?

For Gerry now to try to brush off the eye defect is, as I say, profoundly suspicious. He used it despite having been advised not to as a good 'marketing ploy'. Has it now come back to haunt him, and if so, for what reason ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by Guest on 25.05.11 13:08

Perhaps the WOC status will be dropped or overturned soon, which might mean her medical notes being made available to the authorities. As you say, if the coloboma is not mentioned in her medical notes, he will certainly have to explain himself.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by pauline on 25.05.11 13:32

@PeterMac wrote:
Madeleine's medical records would have contained all this information. Am I right in thinking the records were never produced to the PJ ?

For Gerry now to try to brush off the eye defect is, as I say, profoundly suspicious. He used it despite having been advised not to as a good 'marketing ploy'. Has it now come back to haunt him, and if so, for what reason ?

i think the issue of medical records came up in the 48 questions she would not answer when an arguido. I think they wanted Kate's records and probably Madeleine's as well. I agree this could be very significant. I remember vividly the police asking them not to reveal the fact about her eye as it could lead to her death as it made her so identifiable. I think I started to doubt the story then as i could not understand why loving parents would put their daughter at more risk and ignore the advice of the police.

pauline

Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by lj on 25.05.11 16:45

@PeterMac wrote:And this morning in my email from Amazon, I got
MR PeterMAC
Are you looking for something in our Biographies store? If so, you might be interested in these items.
Madeleine
by Kate McCann
RRP: £20.00
Price: £10.00
You Save: £10.00 (50%)


It is now deemed to be a biography.
Having browsed it once I would rename it and rebadge it as

KATE, A gynaecological and obstetric manual, with special reference to reproductive techniques.
In this wide ranging book the author tells of the intimate clinical details involved in having three children. The disappearance of the first is lightly dismissed in four paragraphs on one page, but the rest of the book is a guaranteed cure for insomnia, and a safe substitute for Calpol Night.

rotfl spit coffee spit coffee spit coffee

Are you sure the book is not secretly sponsored by the makers of valium? I have felt an urgent need for that, or Tequila, and I have only read snippets!

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by lj on 25.05.11 16:51

@PeterMac wrote:There is something decidedly fishy about the sudden change in the coloboma story.
Not only as doctors but also as parents they would know every detail of Madeleine's body, (including sadly the bits we had described to us in unnecessary detail). Madeleine was a product of IVF and the range of significant genetic defects is far greater in children produced by this method than those conceived normally. At birth a paediatrician would have inspected her thoroughly, and the eye defect would have been noted on her medical records.
It would have been noted whether it was simple pigmentation of the iris, or a coloboma, as each might reveal some other underlying condition or point to a particular syndrome. A simply look with an ophthalmoscope would be enough.
Madeleine's medical records would have contained all this information. Am I right in thinking the records were never produced to the PJ ?

For Gerry now to try to brush off the eye defect is, as I say, profoundly suspicious. He used it despite having been advised not to as a good 'marketing ploy'. Has it now come back to haunt him, and if so, for what reason ?

A coloboma is sometimes seen together with a variety of heart defects, Gerry should have know therefore, so did Kate since that has consequences for anaesthesia.
What I don't get is do they really think people are too stupid to notice, or are they so stupid they really did not know?

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by PeterMac on 25.05.11 22:38

You go to a GP and say " I have got a black eye".
He examines you and says , " My diagnosis is that you have suffered significant facial trauma, with an isolated contusion injury, and as a result you have sustained and are now presenting with a periorbital haemotoma".
You say, "What does that mean, Oh Learned and all knowing One ?"
He replies, " You've got a black eye" !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's book - was £20, now £9 POST FREE!

Post by lj on 26.05.11 0:59

big grin

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum