The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

PSYCHICS IN THE MCCANN CASE

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PSYCHICS IN THE MCCANN CASE

Post by Judge Mental on 20.02.11 21:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Judge Mental wrote:@ littlepixie
There's nothing like a bit of old Deuteronomy to get people grabbing hold of their Rosary beads.
But the Good Book doesn't approve of Rosary beads either:

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetition, as the heathen do; for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking...After this manner therefore pray thee: Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name..."

Matthew 6 vv. 7,9 [The Sermon on the Mount]

Righty ho then. Hell, high water and brimstone all round! It really rather looks as if they are doomed one away or another. There is an old saying, ''If He doesn't get you as you are going, He will get you coming back.''

And the Lord knows that they have just about done repetition to death. In fact, The Greatest Story Ever Told is teetering on the very threshold of being usurped by the Abduction Story. sarcastic

There has been many a time where one has felt a compulsion to check and see if there has been a St. McCann revised edition of the Bible.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.02.11 8:14

@Judge Mental wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@Judge Mental wrote:Apparently, he also uttered primeval screams as he prostrated himself.
Well you would wouldn't ya? Sounds bloomin' painful does that Judge. Dunno about having a snigger, it brings tears to me eyes just thinking about it
He quite literally seems to throw himself into a crisis, in order to create yet more drama for any scene he is involved in.

Or possibly (edited)
GRAND HAILING SIGN OF DISTRESS
After receiving instruction in the proper communication of the substitute for the Master's Word, the candidate is then instructed in regards to the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress.  It is given by raising both hands toward heaven, with each arm forming the angle of a square, or a 90 degree angle.  The arms are then lowered in three distinct motions to the sides.
The candidate is additionally instructed, however, that if he is in a place where the sign could not be seen, he is to utter a substitute for the sign: "O Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's Son?" 
Was this the primaeval scream, which the PJ did not understand ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch on 21.02.11 10:45

@PeterMac wrote:
@Judge Mental wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@Judge Mental wrote:Apparently, he also uttered primeval screams as he prostrated himself.
Well you would wouldn't ya? Sounds bloomin' painful does that Judge. Dunno about having a snigger, it brings tears to me eyes just thinking about it
He quite literally seems to throw himself into a crisis, in order to create yet more drama for any scene he is involved in.

Or possibly (edited)
GRAND HAILING SIGN OF DISTRESS
After receiving instruction in the proper communication of the substitute for the Master's Word, the candidate is then instructed in regards to the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress. It is given by raising both hands toward heaven, with each arm forming the angle of a square, or a 90 degree angle. The arms are then lowered in three distinct motions to the sides.
The candidate is additionally instructed, however, that if he is in a place where the sign could not be seen, he is to utter a substitute for the sign: "O Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's Son?"
Was this the primaeval scream, which the PJ did not understand ?

In all seriousness if they, the whole crew of them, have any belief in any religion then they must have fear for what the result of the final judgement will be.

theolivebranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.02.11 11:03

I don't think anyone treats religion that seriously any more - to believe in a real physical Hell and eternal damnation for their immortal souls.
I may be wrong.
But I think most people nowdays believe in things for which here is some evidence, rather than just what they are told by more educated or social superiors or ...
Hang on, isn't that what has happened here ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch on 21.02.11 11:53

@PeterMac wrote:I don't think anyone treats religion that seriously any more - to believe in a real physical Hell and eternal damnation for their immortal souls.
I may be wrong.
But I think most people nowdays believe in things for which here is some evidence, rather than just what they are told by more educated or social superiors or ...
Hang on, isn't that what has happened here ?

correct. Well don't know re hell and damnation and all that but from a personal viewpoint my faith means a lot to me. And I have not been to a church service for donkeys years, it is just my personal feelings.

theolivebranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 21.02.11 14:56

Didn't Kate have visions or dreams about Madeleine on a boat? Does anyone have a link to this, I recall there was a thread on MCF about this Kate's boat visions - who was the friend who accompanied her to look at the boats in the harbour?

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy on 21.02.11 15:41

@Autumn wrote:
Didn't Kate have visions or dreams about Madeleine on a boat? Does anyone have a link to this, I recall there was a thread on MCF about this Kate's boat visions - who was the friend who accompanied her to look at the boats in the harbour?

Yep you're correct Autumn

Here is the link

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/BOATS_VISION.htm

Quincy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 21.02.11 15:57

Thanks Quincy knew I'd read it somewhere smilie

VISION THAT MADELEINE WAS ON A BOAT

331 to 344 Witness statement re Kate’s relative and psychic vision of Shearwater boat
08-02-outros apenso_VIII volume_II_ Pages _331-342
02volume_II_apenso_VIII_Page_331
LEICESTERSHIRE CONSTABULARY Continuation WITNESS STATEMENT

INFORMATION FROM THE FAMILY

I spoke to Kate McCann on Tuesday 8th of May 07. She told me that a friend of her Aunt & Uncle from Leicester had a friend that had a strong vision that Madeleine was on a boat with a man in the Marina in Logos.

This person arrived in Portugal and has spoke to Kate. They have visited the Marina and identified the boat as "SHEARWATER" They saw a man on the boat. but it was not the same man that she had in her vision.

This is very important to Kate. I spoke to Glen Pounder if he could make some enqs with regards to the boat.
He has done this and the boat is registered to a Canadian National called Bruce Cook. Glen has told me that George Reyes at the police Stn is now dealing with the matter with record to doing dvc checks etc.

I spoke to Kate today and she has given me photographs of the boat. She has also given me photographs of a man who has been on the boat. This is not the man the woman had in her vision.
This matter is very important to her and she is very pleased that we are making enq's into the matter. Once the enq's have been completed can we please let her know the results.
Thanks
02volume_II_apenso_VIII_Page_329

Wonder who the psychic friend was that, on the strength of her vision, travelled to Portugal to visit the Marina with Kate?

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 21.02.11 16:30

Just out of curiosity, has it been ascertained as to whether the McCanns took their own Bible on holiday? Was their own Bible taken out to Praia da Luz for them at a later date? Or, was the Bible lent to them by a third party?

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 21.02.11 17:31

I think they lent the Bible off one of their friends. I remember the friend stated it was him who recommended that Kate read the passage regarding the killing/death of a child.

Just had a look and Kate said it was PETER NEIL PATTERSON, a resident of Leicester who gave her the Bible and marked the passage. She requested that he should be questioned about it. (preseumably to back up her story that he gave it her).

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 21.02.11 17:36

@littlepixie wrote:I think they lent the Bible off one of their friends. I remember the friend stated it was him who recommended that Kate read the passage regarding the killing/death of a child.

Ah! So it was, littlepixie. So it was. Was it a Priest friend? Anyway, it was a friend who obviously thought it would be helpful for them to re-live this train crash all over again.

How therapeutic! big grin

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 21.02.11 17:40

I find it hard to believe that the Police would rush off investigating "visions" that one of her relatives friends had had. I couldnt have kept my face staight if I had been the Officer and she started giving me pictures of a boat the friend had a vision of.
I would have sent for the Doctor for her.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 21.02.11 18:25

@littlepixie wrote:I find it hard to believe that the Police would rush off investigating "visions" that one of her relatives friends had had. I couldnt have kept my face staight if I had been the Officer and she started giving me pictures of a boat the friend had a vision of.
I would have sent for the Doctor for her.

Or a Priest? One recalls that in The Omen, a Priest was called in when things were getting a bit out of hand with one young woman's hallucinations laughat

How do the McCanns reconcile all these alleged ''spiritual'' elements with their rigid Catholic religion? Are they not making rods for their own backs? Is it not guaranteed that Catholics who mess about with hokus pokus will be damned and spit-roasted in a perpetual hail of brimstone for eternity? They are already heading for a terrible battle with St. Peter when they arrive at the Pearly Gates, simply on account of their having had IVF treatments. Therefore, one would have thought that engaging with Spiritualists and such like would be akin to selling their souls to the Devil, and deserving of no temporary respite in Purgatory.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x on 21.02.11 18:46

mmmmm I confess that i am a tad basic with computer skills, is there a don't deride psychics button?

Think i had better go look at another thread! Though again i confess to being taken in by early assumedly correct reports that doting parents were just metres away...out back...when shutters were forced etc!

From those early days i recall Gerry saying on TV something along the lines of it being essential Kate contined to believe Maddeleine had been abducted. I remember this was a turning point for me when i thought....but she was abducted...why would Kate have to continue to believe it?

After all folks, i wish to ask you all to continue believing that we must pay taxes! Why? We all know we do.

Clarence Darling x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x on 21.02.11 18:49

Not sure anyone in purgatory would put up with them joining the party!

Clarence Darling x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 21.02.11 19:28

@Clarence Darling x wrote:Not sure anyone in purgatory would put up with them joining the party!

rotfl rotfl

@ Clarence Darling x Just to reassure you that one did say in the original posting that we should not deride the genuine psychics out there.

Please feel free to add your own memories of psychics working on this case. It would be preferred if genuine psychics are not derided in this section. We would like to save this section for the psychics who are supportive of the McCanns. Thank you.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x on 21.02.11 19:52

Ah i see...unfortunately i have a big button marked DERISION in the middle of my keyboard which i thump when i see some of the utterences from team bonkers, regarding Madeleine.

It was interesting to see the Sun (bless them) revealed Madeleine is now in the USA, and the tale got such a bashing. On MSN news there must have been half a dozen different postings for people to view the McCannfiles. The usual utterances of these poor parents etc but even these were thin on the ground and thinner in substance. Doubtless the message is spreading. Still with 4 months to go to the exciting book launch just how many sightings can we fit in?

Libya seems quite favourable at the moment, my money is on Ted a baggage handler at Tripoli airport noticing a girl who looked a lot like dear Maddie getting on a plane to Venezuala with Mr Gaddaffi. Ted has seen her a number of times and has been struck by her likeness but didn't realise the significance until he read the headline in the Sun....right under the 'Is this the English Nessie? exclusive'.

How appropriate that the possible sighting of a relative of Nessie also made the front page, perhaps some one in the editorial team was having a little giggle?

Clarence Darling x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 21.02.11 19:59

rotfl rotfl

Ted of Tripoli sounds like a very safe bet Clarence Darling x. However we may yet hear a tale from Lilo Lenny from Lybia.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x on 21.02.11 23:36

Well the countdown has begun! How about some form of advent/event calendar. Various fugitives and suspects/celebrities grinning behind every door that the exited forum member opens. The marketing possibilities are endless.

My current favourite is a musical, based closely but not close enough for Carter Ruck, on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the Child Catcher and all....maybe she is held in Baron Bombursts castle in Vulgaria. I can see Clarence scowling with his deeply serious significant scowl, at this significant new lead, of quite possible importance. Edgar and Watson can be sent trotting off looking for a man, a woman....well in fact any gender. maybe both! NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED AND ALL THAT!

It really is becoming a panto, i wonder how in years to come this whole farce will seep into folklore. My father as a child was one trooped down from School, to see sweet Fanny Adam's grave, with the dire warning to behave, or that is what could become of you. Not that the poor girl did anything wrong to deserve dismemberment, with the Sailors sick sense of humour keeping her memory in parlance today.

Perhaps....without doubt...as time passes the jokes that flashed around by text and email will lose their edge...Renault McCann and all that...I imagine that if the status quo is maintained then 50 years from now with the demise of newspapers, the folklore will be....it was them that got away with it. Information technology will leave not a word or movement free from scrutiny! With pensioners and the housebound now enjoying themselves watching CCTV in real time, from stores around the world perhaps that day is sooner rather than later.

Clarence Mitchell may feel she can control what comes out in the media, but yesterdays chip paper is just that when a vast reference like the McCannfiles is out there. No wonder some feel the need to discredit such sites....internet lies etc....but the reality is they exist and they may as well fart in a wind tunnel. I know the Police monitored the various message boards during the Jo Yeates coverage, partly out of publicity (should Clarence not be refering people to the files??) , and partly because the armchair detectives got their teeth into it, and amongst the bonkers and libellous mud slinging who knows what may be revealled. I think gone are the days when people saw something but thought it wasn't important, now everything is thrown in for analysis.

Imagine the internet in the days of Sutcliffe, quite apart from him being unable to drive anywhere around Yorkshire without CCTV clocking his every move automatically for the Police, and his mobile being logged constantly, the theories and on line analysis would i am sure have caught him. Without that information from Portugal our best hope is awareness and publicity creating a tide that cannot be turned...interesting days.

I know of one forensic criminal psychologist now watching various online video footage, and reading statements with great interest.

Clarence Darling x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 22.02.11 0:09

@Clarence Darling x wrote:
I know of one forensic criminal psychologist now watching various online video footage, and reading statements with great interest.

I sincerely hope he owns a sturdy pair of boots!

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.02.11 15:07

If the mccanns believe only in that branch of psychics that claimed Madeleine is still alive and constantly on the move..why didnt they spend the fund hiring topnotch clairvoyant (if there is such a thing) to narrow down and pin point Madeleine's international movement.

Incidentally the derivative french word clairvoyant literally means 'to see clearly'. Why waste money on expensive bogus detectives when they were behind some of the psychics claims. Surely psychics can do better at lesser cost simply by parking on their bum divining from tarrot cards.

Surely where clairvoyant is concerned, the mccanns are the creame de la creame of clairvoyants as they already seen and still continue to see clearly where Maddie laid, so much so KM even hinted Maddie's spirits returned home and visited her. Didnt KM tell her mum she saw or was it felt Maddie's presence in her room?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 16.03.11 20:59

Premonition with Malinka

Extract from Kate's Diary Notes

In her notes, Kate refers to Malinka as one of the persons involved in the little girl's abduction. The first indication is dated June 5 and also concerns Murat. "Robert Murat continues to be the main suspect and for good reason, but unfortunately there isn't strong evidence. Malinka and Michaela are also very much in the scene. I always had a bad premonition, uncomfortable, about Malinka. He is cold", wrote Kate, who later on supplied information to Método 3, a Spanish detective agency, telling them that a witness had seen Michaela transporting a child.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The McCanns insisted Murat was a key suspect, but then changed their minds

Post by Tony Bennett on 16.03.11 22:21

@Autumn wrote:Premonition with Malinka

Extract from Kate's Diary Notes

In her notes, Kate refers to Malinka as one of the persons involved in the little girl's abduction. The first indication is dated June 5 and also concerns Murat. "Robert Murat continues to be the main suspect and for good reason, but unfortunately there isn't strong evidence. Malinka and Michaela are also very much in the scene. I always had a bad premonition, uncomfortable, about Malinka. He is cold", wrote Kate, who later on supplied information to Método 3, a Spanish detective agency, telling them that a witness had seen Michaela transporting a child.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html
Autumn,

Thank you for posting this, though of course this has nothing to do with a real premonition.

Kate's Diary must be regarded as a truly classic example of what is called by the legal profession a 'self-serving statement'. That is, a statement made after an event, consisting of unprovable alleged events, which serve only to bolster the person's own version of events and which cannot be backed up, checked or verified. I think we can expect a fair view of those in the forthcoming 'very truthful' book.

What the little extract you have quoted sheds light on is the McCanns' and the McCann Team's determination, during the first few months, to make Robert Murat the suspect, a matter I've written about extensively and co-incidentallly is touched on by my three posts re Murat on the main Madeleine thread here.

But then Murat and his lawyer met Brian Kennedy and his lawyer on 13 November 2007 and, soon after, all changed. I traced this change in part of our long article on Robert Murat on our website [ www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk ].

I now follow with:

1. The mccannfiles article you quoted from in full, with certain parts highlighted in red

2. Extract from our article on Robert Murat, tracing the significant change of tune by the McCann Team soon after the Murat-Kennedy summit in Portugal on 13 November 2007:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kate tried everything to accuse Murat Correio da Manhã

Kate's notebooks - McCanns and friends against the Anglo-Portuguese

29 July 2008

Thanks to 'astro' for translation

Madeleine McCann's mother engaged in collecting indicia that would lead to the accusation of the Anglo-Portuguese [man] over the little girl's disappearance

Kate McCann bet everything into blaming Robert Murat over the disappearance of her daughter, and it was with that purpose in mind and with the help of friends that she engaged in collecting evidence and in convincing the Polícia Judiciária of the Anglo-Portuguese [man's] involvement.

On the day that Murat is made an arguido, already after friends of the McCanns referred his presence in the surroundings of the apartment on the evening of the disappearance of Madeleine to the authorities, Kate registered in her notes that she had become "very hopeful, excited about this".

Three weeks later, Kate, who met frequently with the PJ during the investigation, writes that "Robert Murat continues to be the main suspect". "For good reason", she adds, lamenting that there is not "strong evidence".

When three of the friends are called to the PJ to repeat their statements following contradictions about the presence of Murat at the Ocean Club, on the 11th of July, Kate tries to excuse her friends with the fact that they were questioned in the presence of the Anglo-Portuguese [man]: "What happened was that they were questioned in the room, sitting beside Murat and his lawyer. He apparently said that they were lying, which made them quite angry. They started thinking that he was certainly involved. What was he hiding???"

In her notes dated July 18, almost two months after Maddie's disappearance and at a time when there are starting to appear indicia against the McCanns, Kate sounds disheartened and reinforces the accusations against Murat: "I had lots of hope that there would be progress in Murat's situation. I'm sure that he is involved and I feel like killing him, but I can't". Nine days later, Madeleine's mother receives a message from a woman that tells her that Murat tried to photograph the granddaughter of a friend, also three years old and blond, and Kate sends "the whole" information to the PJ. "I'm certain that he is guilty and I just want to scream", she writes on the 27th of July.

Premonition with Malinka

Sergey Malinka, aged 23, had been living in Praia da Luz for eight years. He was a friend of Robert Murat – one of the first suspects of the disappearance of Madeleine – and he ended up becoming involved in the turmoil of suspects because he was the last person to contact the Anglo-Portuguese [man] after the child disappeared. He was also close to Murat because he set up the online page for Romigen – the company that belonged to the Anglo-Portuguese and to Michaela Walczuch.

Although Malinka was only heard as a witness, he ended up becoming involved in the abduction. The questioning was hard and outside the PJ, the agents' irritation could be heard because the questions remained unanswered. His phone was tapped, just like Murat's, but nothing relevant was detected.

It is recalled that Malinka, of Russian nationality, was heard by the PJ on the 16th of May, two days after Murat was made an arguido and the PJ searched his house.

The Russian was damaged because there were equally suspicions in his past. Malinka reportedly engaged in sexual relationships with minors, which turned him into a potential predator. The fact that he is a computer expert led the Polícia Judiciária to admit that he might have abducted Maddie.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The McCann Team edge away from identifying Murat as the alleged abductor

To recapitulate, Jane Tanner told police the night that Madeleine was reported missing that she saw an abductor walking ‘purposefully’ away from the McCanns’ apartment.

Just ten days later, she saw Murat (though not knowing him by name, she says) passing a police van in which she was hidden. She instantly said to the police officers with her that she recognised Murat as the abductor. On the strength of her testimony, together with some other suspicions about him, Murat was arrested.

We also saw how Jane Tanner, still maintaining that Murat was the abductor, came up with an artists’ sketch that did not look like Murat (‘bundleman’) and then went even further saying that ‘Monster Man’/

‘George Harrison man’ could be the face of the abductor. He looked even less like Murat.

w Roman]We’ll now look at some curious statements by the McCann Team about whether or not they still believed Murat to be the abductor. [/size]

By 16 November, Jane Tanner seemed to be deliberately preparing the ground for Robert Murat no longer to be identified by her and three of the other ‘Tapas 9’ friends as the suspected abductor.

A Daily Mail article on Sunday 16 November 2007 began: “The woman [Jane Tanner] who believes she saw Madeleine McCann being abducted revealed yesterday that she has never named Robert Murat to police as the man she saw. Instead, she thinks he was ‘Mediterranean- looking’. She admitted: ‘I simply don't know if I could identify again the man I saw that night. I've never pointed the finger at Robert Murat because I simply don't know if it was him or not. I would say the man I saw was more local or Mediterranean looking, rather than British. He had dark, almost black, long hair and had swarthy skin. He was dressed in that sort of smart casual way European people dress”.

As we have already seen, the claim that she’d ‘never pointed a finger at Robert Murat’ was untrue as she had of course positively identified him from that police van back in May. The story appeared to be a clear and deliberate shift by the McCann camp in possible moves to lift the finger of suspicion away from Murat. The timing of this Mail article just two or three days after Brian Kennedy met Murat in Portugal (see below) is of great interest.

We’ll pause just for a moment to look at a series of particularly significant events that seem to have taken place around this time. Here’s a brief timeline of them:

Friday 7 & Saturday 8 November: Several newspapers in Portugal and then England carry news that two (or one in one report) members of the ‘Tapas 9’ wanted to change their statements. The source appears to be the Portuguese lawyer for one of the ‘Tapas 9’. Other reports did not say the person was a member of the ‘Tapas 9’ but simply described the couple who wanted to change their statement as ‘friends of the McCanns’.

Tuesday 13 November: Brian Kennedy and his in-house lawyer Edward Smethurst have meetings with Robert Murat, Metodo 3 and the Portuguese Police in Praia da Luz and Portimão. (Below we discuss this very significant set of meetings in more detail). We know the meeting with the Portuguese Police took place in Portimão on Tuesday 13 November, and Kennedy’s meeting with Murat may have been that day or one day either side of it. There has been much speculation about what kind of understanding might have been reached between that Kennedy, Smethurst and Murat at that meeting. None of those involved are keen to say what was discussed.

Wednesday 14 November: Portuguese Police source quoted as saying that they have over 100 questions to ask the McCanns and their ‘Tapas 9’ friends but are being subject to unreasonable delays by the British authorities.

Friday 16 November: Daily Mail carries an article featuring Jane Tanner saying she has never pointed the finger of suspicion at Robert Murat.

Saturday 17 November: The ‘Tapas 9’ group met all day at the Rothley Court Hotel, Leicestershire, along with representatives of Metodo 3, and no doubt various lawyers and other advisers. News of this secret meeting did not leak out to British newspapers until 11 December.

Sunday 18 November: Dr Gerald McCann quoted as saying that they believed a ‘predator’ had been stalking the apartment in the days before Madeleine was reported missing.

Monday 19 November: Hour-long BBC Panorama programme on the Madeleine McCann case by reporter Richard Bilton. There’s little original in the documentary and it reinforces the abduction line.

Monday 19 November: The METRO free paper boldly wrote: “A witness spotted Murat's German girlfriend, Michaela Walczuk, in a car with Maddie, on 5 May, in central Portugal”, while on the same day, the Daily Mail published a similar story: “According to a source, a new witness identified Michaela Walczuk as the woman seen with the missing child, in central Portugal, 160 kilometres [100 miles] from where she disappeared on May 3rd”.

Tuesday 20 November: Jane Tanner quoted by the Daily Mirror insisting that she really did see ‘Maddie’s abductor’.

Now we move on to consider another twist. As 2008 began, the Daily Mail, on 1 January 2008, carried a prominent story featuring Dr Kate McCann’s claim that she still believed that Robert Murat was involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. It had all the hallmarks of another story crafted by Clarence Mitchell and drip-fed to a friendly newspaper in order to promote the latest line from the McCann Team. Extracts from the report, written by Vanessa Allen, included the following:

“Kate McCann is suspicious about Robert Murat's alibi for the night her daughter Madeleine vanished, it was revealed yesterday. The mother of three has confided to friends that she believes there are questions about the British expat that need to be answered. Mrs McCann's doubts emerged after the Daily Mail reported that seven witnesses claim to have seen Mr Murat near the McCanns' holiday apartment on the night of May 3rd.

“He has always insisted he was at home all night at the villa he shares with his elderly mother in Praia da Luz, near the Mark Warner holiday complex. A friend of Kate and her husband Gerry said: ‘Kate has always felt there are questions concerning Murat and a body of evidence contrary to what he is saying. Gerry doesn't know whether he is involved but Kate has always been suspicious’.

“Mrs McCann, 39, has avoided publicly voicing suspicions about Mr Murat. She and Gerry, also 39, even called for calm after he was made an official suspect on May 14 and appealed for him to be treated fairly.

“Mr Murat, a property consultant, insists he did not learn about Madeleine's disappearance until the next morning and was not aware of the massive search going on less than 100 yards from his villa, Casa Liliana. But a source close to Mrs McCann said: ‘We now have a number of people who have come forward quite independently of us and volunteered information directly in contradiction to what he has said’. Three friends of the McCanns, Rachael Oldfield, Fiona Payne and Russell O'Brien, told police in July [NOTE: Hat should of course me May] that they saw Mr Murat near the Ocean Club holiday complex while they were searching for Madeleine. They are said to have given statements to Portuguese police saying he introduced himself to them [that night] and said: ‘I am Robert. Can I help in the search?’

“Charlotte Pennington, 20, a nanny at the Mark Warner complex, has said she saw Mr Murat on May 4, when he was working as a police translator, and recognised him as a man she had seen near the Ocean Club at midnight. The Mail told yesterday [31 December] how holidaymaker Jayne Jensen, 54, also recognised the 34-year-old as a man she saw smoking a cigarette on the street corner opposite the McCanns' apartment.

An unnamed British barrister who was on holiday in Praia da Luz at the time is understood to have corroborated what Mrs Jensen said, but not made a formal statement. Two other tourists also called the hotline operated by the McCanns' private detective agency, Metodo 3, to report similar sightings. Mr Murat, who has a young daughter from a failed marriage, vehemently denies any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance. His mother Jennifer, 71, has accused Metodo 3 of bribing witnesses to change their evidence. But a source close to the McCanns said: ‘He is her son and most mothers would protect their children. Either she knows something or she is mistaken’.”

UNQUOTE

So by 1 January, Murat was back in the frame, at least according to Dr Kate McCann and the Daily Mail, with Dr Kate McCann strongly hinting at ‘questions which need to be answered’ and ‘doubts’.

Extraordinarily, just one week later, the Daily Mail ran a story which said exactly the reverse. One could be forgiven for thinking that those responsible for the McCanns’ public relations were not happy with the 1 January article and wished to change it.

So here’s what Vanessa Allen wrote in the Mail just one week later:

Madeleine witnesses ‘may have mistaken this friend of the McCanns for Murat’ on night she disappeared

Daily Mail

“Doubt was cast on the evidence of several key witnesses in the Madeleine McCann disappearance last night. Those who said they saw suspect Robert Murat outside the family's holiday apartment on the night she vanished may have named the wrong man, it was revealed.

“Detectives believe the witnesses who said they saw the British expat could have confused him with a friend of Kate and Gerry McCann, David Payne, who was out searching for the missing three-year-old…

“A series of witnesses have given statements claiming to have seen him around the Ocean Club apartment complex in the hours after Mrs McCann, 39, raised the alarm. They include three friends of the McCanns, Russell O'Brien, Fiona Payne and Rachael Oldfield, who later confronted Mr Murat at a police station after he was made a suspect and said he offered to help them search that night. Mark Warner nanny Charlotte Pennington said she saw him hanging around outside the Ocean Club's reception at about 10pm. British holidaymaker Jayne Jensen, an unnamed British barrister and two unidentified British tourists all claim to have seen him around the complex that night.

“But none of them knew the 34-year-old property consultant before that night. Police are examining the theory that they could have confused him with Dr David Payne. The medical researcher, who is 41, was searching around the complex that night and - in a street lit by orange streetlights - could easily have been mistaken for Mr Murat. Mr Murat's lawyer Francisco Pagarete told the Daily Mail: ‘Robert has always said the witnesses were mistaken. He was not there that night’.

“A source close to the inquiry said: ‘The similarity between the two has rendered many witness accounts virtually worthless’. But he added: ‘What is baffling is that Mr Payne's wife and two of his friends are among those who claim to have seen Mr Murat outside the McCanns' apartment that night. You'd think a wife would recognise her own husband’.”

UNQUOTE

The story had changed dramatically, within a week, from ‘Eight people saw Robert Murat that night’ to ‘They all probably mistook him for Dr David Payne’. At least the Daily Mail told its readers at the end of the article how utterly absurd it was to suggest that she might have mistaken Robert Murat for her own husband. It was another story that had the imprint of media manipulator Clarence Mitchell all over it.

Then, very soon after, we had another media story generated about a possible suspicious man seen in Praia da Luz a few days before Madeleine disappeared, as we discussed above.

This man (see picture on next page) was the one allegedly seen by Gail Cooper, and became known by those following the Madeleine McCann case as ‘Monster Man’, ‘George Harrison man’ or ‘Cooperman’.

The man Gail Cooper says she saw hanging around the complex three times before Madeleine was taken. He’s been called ‘Monster Man’, ‘George Harrison man’ or ‘Cooperman’.

At this point we’ll take a brief look at the dubious origin and content of the Gail Cooper story. Let’s remember - and this is important - that her account of seeing this suspicious man only arose after Brian Kennedy had interviewed her.

She was one of a number of witnesses he contacted, contrary to the rules of Portuguese criminal investigations which prohibit third parties from interfering in an official investigation.

Moreover, before we go further, we should refer to the final report (July 2008) by the Portuguese Police to the public prosecutor on Madeleine’s disappearance. The subject of Gail Cooper’s alleged sighting merited a special heading in the Portuguese Police report headed: “The inconsistent evidence of Gail Cooper”. This is what the report said:

In a later phase of the investigation, detailed at pages 3965 to 4113, we deal with a claim emanating from the private investigation instigated by the McCann couple, and publicly announced by their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, of a suspect who was supposedly undertaking a collection in Praia da Luz at the time of the disappearance. A photo-fit picture of this suspect was created by a witness - Gail Cooper - who saw him, see page 3979.

This was immediately compared with the photo-fit from Jane Tanner, despite her description not having a face (see page 3977). But Jane Tanner alleged that they were one and the same person, with an 80% degree of certainty. In order to assess the credibility of the description and of the drawing, it is important to highlight the fact that the witness (Gail Cooper), was first of all interviewed by the British authorities and in a very detailed fashion (see page 3982). She said she saw this person only once, collecting at the door of the residence she was occupying during her holidays.

However, a few months later, in a new witness statement, the same witness stated that she saw this individual three times, during one of which he was said to be watching, in a strange way, the children at the Paraíso Restaurant. She did not supply this information at the time of her first witness statement to the police in the U.K. After the publication of the photo-fit, we were notified of a myriad of claimed sightings of this individual, most of them from the U.K., but some also from Portugal (see page 4130).

All of this information was duly evaluated as to its credibility. Nothing has yet come of this photo-fit until now, despite innumerable persons contacting us to say they had seen persons supposedly of similar appearance.

UNQUOTE

So there were clearly major questions in the minds of the Portuguese Police about Gail Cooper’s evidence, as the Portuguese Police fully recognised in their final report. Cooper’s decision to talk to the McCanns’ private detectives seems to have originated in a meeting or meetings between her and Brian Kennedy. That alone gives us real cause to doubt her account(s), as it did also for the Portuguese Police.

But for the McCann Team, Gail Cooper’s hazy (if not actually fabricated) recollections, and the sketches by Melissa Little, were sufficient to call a major press conference and for the British media to put the photo-fit of ‘Monster Man’ on their front pages, one of a long list of artists’ impressions of alleged abductors or ‘persons of interest’ we have been shown, totalling at least 15 to date, and including two women (a subject we hope to explore in a further article).

As we have seen, another very curious aspect of this press conference was that Clarence Mitchell produced artists’ sketches both of the ‘bundleman’ that Jane Tanner claimed to have seen and of the new ‘Monster Man’/ ‘George Harrison man’ that Gail Cooper claimed to have seen. He claimed that these ‘closely resembled each other’, a resemblance that few others could discern.

Back in May, Jane Tanner had said she’d only seen the abductor from the side and had seen nothing of his face. That led to the original drawing by police of a man with hair and no facial features, dubbed ‘egg-man’. But ‘Monster Man’ had a moustache and other facial features. Remarkably, though it was dark and she had not seen his face, Jane Tanner was quoted as saying that ‘Monster Man’/’George Harrison man’ might have been the person she saw carrying Madeleine away.

With Jane Tanner claiming the man she had seen might be ‘Monster Man’ as well as ‘bundleman’, it seemed that the McCann Team now judged it right to move decisively away from Jane Tanner’s earlier identification of Murat as the probably abductor she’d seen. That may be why, as we resume our timeline of newspaper stories, that on 21 January, there was another new twist. Now, Robert Murat was now being considered by the McCanns as an ‘accomplice’ of the abductor, not the abductor himself. This is how the Daily Mail article that day ran:

Robert Murat ‘seen talking to man matching artist's impression of Madeleine suspect’

This led to these sub-headings:

· Robert Murat spoke to a man who looked like the new suspect’

· ‘New e-fit of man seen ‘acting strangely’ around complex prior to Madeleine's disappearance’

· ‘McCann family friend says sketch 'strongly resembles' man she saw carrying a child wearing pyjamas identical to Madeleine’s on the night of the abduction’.

The heading and sub-headings cunningly linked this new ‘sighting’ of Cooper’s to Jane Tanner’s original claimed sighting of an abductor, thus continuing to lend credibility to her alleged sighting. But the article also brought Robert Murat into the picture, for the Mail went on to report:

“Robert Murat was spotted chatting to a man who resembled the ‘oddball’ in the new sketch released by the McCanns and who is suspected of abducting Madeleine, it has been claimed today. Charlotte Pennington, a nanny at the Ocean Club holiday complex where the McCanns were staying, told police last May she saw Murat chatting to ‘a man aged around 27 to 35, average height, very dark eyes and of Portuguese or Spanish appearance’. She told detectives she saw expat Murat, who lives with his mother near to holiday complex, talking to the man outside the Baptista supermarket in Praia da Luz”.

The role of Charlotte Pennington in the case will be the subject of a further article on our website in due course.

The Mail went on, somewhat dramatically: “An international manhunt is now underway for the man seen near the resort in Portugal. The sketch was based on the evidence of a British tourist [Gail Cooper] who came forward saying she had seen a ‘creepy man’ lurking around the resort pretending to collect money for a fake orphanage. The dramatic development comes amid fears that he may have been acting with an accomplice in a paedophile gang to ‘case’ the holiday complex in the days running up to her disappearance.

“Grandmother Gail Cooper, who was staying just 500 yards from Gerry and Kate McCanns' holiday apartment, told police how she came face to face with the ‘disturbing’ man hanging around the resort three times. Based on her descriptions, an FBI-trained artist produced a likeness of the suspect whom British and Portuguese police and Interpol were desperately trying to trace last night. The sketch bears a striking resemblance to an image of a man seen by family friend, Jane Tanner, carrying a child away on the night Madeleine vanished on May 3”.

Barely six days later, it appears the McCann Team had come up with another new slant on the story. On 27 January this bold headline appeared in the Sunday Express: McCanns say Murat not kidnapper”. Now, bizarrely, the McCann Team were now saying he could have been a ‘spotter’ for a whole gang of paedophiles. The report ran:

“Kate and Gerry McCann are certain that original suspect Robert Murat is not the man who snatched their daughter Madeleine. But private detectives searching for the missing four-year-old still believe he may have acted as a ‘spotter’ for a kidnap gang targeting the McCann family. The couple have now revealed how they never thought the expatriate was responsible. Despite doubts over his alibi, they have ruled out the 34-year-old after a major probe in Praia da Luz. A 10-strong squad of investigators mounted an undercover operation finding ‘strong’ proof he was in the vicinity after Madeleine’s disappearance. Several witnesses gave statements to Spanish detectives from the Metodo 3 agency, claiming they had chatted with Murat after the alarm was raised by Kate at 10pm. The couple's lawyers sent petitions to senior Portuguese police to re-interview him.

“One theory is that Murat - going through an expensive divorce - may have been paid by a paedophile gang to select a child. A friend of the McCanns said last night: ‘Privately Kate and Gerry have always believed that Murat was not the man who took Madeleine. However, they do not think he should be cleared, because there is enough evidence to suggest he could have been a spotter for a gang. Murat has told the police that he was not at the apartment on the night she went missing but lots of people saw him and he went round introducing himself saying, ‘Hi, I'm Robert’. He still has a lot of questions to answer”.

Since being a ‘spotter’ for a gang of paedophiles would have meant that he would certainly have faced a charge of ‘conspiracy to abduct’, had Madeleine really been proved to have been abducted, it was scarcely a major shift by the McCann Team. Just days after Madeleine had been reported missing; Jane Tanner had pointed the finger of suspicion against Murat as the actual abductor. Three more of the McCanns’ friends – Dr Russell O’Brien, Rachel Oldfield/Mampilly and Fiona Payne - followed suit shortly afterwards. For months the McCanns had lent weight to the notion that Robert Murat was the probable abductor. It may not have been a major shift by the McCann Team. But it was significant.

Interestingly, the McCanns are quoted in the article as saying: “There is enough evidence to suggest Murat could have been a spotter for a gang”. That is pretty rich, coming from the McCanns, given that the McCanns have repeatedly insisted that there is simply ‘no’ evidence that they were in any way involved with the disappearance of their daughter. The McCanns had implicated Murat by saying be might have been a member of a ‘gang of paedophiles’. Libel doesn’t come much stronger than that, yet Murat didn’t sue the McCanns over that serious slur. Why not?

ENDS
END OF PART TWO OF ROBERT MURAT ARTICLE ON MADELEINE FOUNDATION WEBSITE

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.12 17:16

This old topic is of relevance to the new "Swansea Connections" one.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.05.13 12:34

McCann: Ricardo Paivo - The McCanns curious behaviour, as witnessed by Inspector Ricardo Paiva, 03 September 2007

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id315.html

Processos Vol X
Pages 2533 - 2534

Date: 2007/09/03

For : Goncalo Amaral

From Ricardo Paiva, Inspector

Subject: Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

During the course of the ongoing investigation, various personal contacts were made by the undersigned with Kate and Gerald McCann, within my task of serving as communication element between the police and the McCann couple.

Within this context, the undersigned was present during various "strange" behaviours by the couple, who gradually began to react in a very negative manner to the increased investigative activity carried out by this police force, especially during the use of the English sniffer dogs for detecting cadaver odour, when more evidence arose in the investigation for the hypothesis of the death of Madeleine McCann.

Several times, the McCann couple said that the attention of the police should be maintained focussing on the abduction hypothesis, which, in the couple's opinion, was the only scenario that occurred and that the police should not forget to continue to investigate the suspect Robert Murat.Strangely, Kate also made several requests, three months after the disappearance of Madeleine, that the police should take blood, hair and nail tests of Madeleine's twin siblings, because, as she said, she remembered that on the day of Madeleine's disappearance, in spite of all the commotion and noise made by the authorities and other persons who were looking for Madeleine in apartment 5ª of the Ocean Club, the twins never woke up, having been transported to another apartment, they remained asleep, due to which she now presumes that they were under the effect of some sedative drug that a presumed abductor had administered to the three children in order to be able to abduct Madeleine, a situation which Kate refers to being possible according to what she read in a criminal investigation manual given to her by the British authorities, that would have been the procedure of the abductor in the real case involving abduction, rape and murder of the girl.

Today, when the undersigned went to the McCann's temporary residence to notify them of the need to present themselves at the police station to make statements, being able to take their lawyer with them, Kate McCann immediately reacted in a negative manner, making comments such as "what are my parents going to think" and "what is the press going to say when they find out" and that "the Portuguese police is under pressure from the government to finish the investigation quickly".

With regard to Gerald McCann, he constantly insisted in giving the undersigned letters and emails that he was receiving, mostly from psychics and mediums, whom he had selected and which mainly contained information without much credibility about the possible whereabouts of Madeleine and her presumed abductor.

More recently, and even before Kate's interrogation, during a telephone call between Gerald McCann and the undersigned, he made a reference regarding the investigation, that he was certain that the police did not have any proof that could incriminate them with regard to the death of Madeleine McCann and he said that the police were wasting their time in directing the investigation around the parents.

I bring this to your knowledge.
Inspector
Ricardo Paiva

So how's it going with those 500 plus psychic leads that Clarrie mentioned so cheerfully last year? spin

- and how can the search for Maddie be helped by subjective selection of 'leads'?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum