The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Terms of Reference of West Midlands Police's investigation into the conduct of Essex Police re the Lee Balkwell investigation

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Terms of Reference of West Midlands Police's investigation into the conduct of Essex Police re the Lee Balkwell investigation

Post by vaguely on 20.12.09 21:25

deborah wrote:
Well I will have to disagree with you there - I worked with him for two years and have had the shock of my life finding out about him , I actually respected him and thought very highly of him

I have very little interest in the accounts of the Foundation - I couldn't care less if any of you had paid for your holidays, your houses, or your doughnuts out of the money that you had.

My opinion of both of you is that the way you have behaved towards the family of a missing child says a lot about both of your characters.

I don't know a decent straight up person who would do what you, or he, have done based on your personal opinion and no evidence.

If the McCanns played any part at all in the disappearance of their child then it is for the courts and the police to deal with them. Not you and not Mr Bennett.

How either of you have the cheek to be surprised at the behaviour of the other I will never understand.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A response to inaccuracies being posted on a public forum

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.12.09 21:26

@Stephanie wrote:How could any individual completely dismiss the impassioned words of a woman who has lost her partner and pleaded with you Mr.Bennett to desist your forum activity.
Does it not occur to you that in years to come her Son, Mr Lee Balkwell's Son will read this and make some rash decision to act on the information that is out there ?
You seem to be forgetting one simple thing.

The thread began with my simply recycling, for information, a significant news report about a major advance in the search by Lee's father for truth and justice about his son.

Now who was it who wanted to carry on the discussion here and introduce a note of disagreement?

Lorraine Mitchinson.

You can hardly expect Les Balkwell to remain silent when told that someone has posted up information on a public forum with which he disagrees.

How would you react if someone posted up inaccurate information about you on a public forum?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Terms of Reference of West Midlands Police's investigation into the conduct of Essex Police re the Lee Balkwell investigation

Post by Bea_Reasonable on 20.12.09 21:26

@vaguely wrote:
deborah wrote:
Well I will have to disagree with you there - I worked with him for two years and have had the shock of my life finding out about him , I actually respected him and thought very highly of him

I have very little interest in the accounts of the Foundation - I couldn't care less if any of you had paid for your holidays, your houses, or your doughnuts out of the money that you had.

My opinion of both of you is that the way you have behaved towards the family of a missing child says a lot about both of your characters.

I don't know a decent straight up person who would do what you, or he, have done based on your personal opinion and no evidence.

If the McCanns played any part at all in the disappearance of their child then it is for the courts and the police to deal with them. Not you and not Mr Bennett.

How either of you have the cheek to be surprised at the behaviour of the other I will never understand.

SPOT ON!

clapping clapping clapping clapping

Bea_Reasonable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable on 20.12.09 21:28

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Stephanie wrote:How could any individual completely dismiss the impassioned words of a woman who has lost her partner and pleaded with you Mr.Bennett to desist your forum activity.
Does it not occur to you that in years to come her Son, Mr Lee Balkwell's Son will read this and make some rash decision to act on the information that is out there ?

The thread began with my simply recycling, for information, a significant news report about a major advance in the search by Lee's father for truth and justice about his son.

Now who was it who wanted to carry on the discussion here and introduce a note of disagreement?

Lorraine Mitchinson.

You can hardly expect Les Balkwell to remain silent when told that someone has posted up information on a public forum with which he disagrees.

How would you react if someone posted up inaccurate information about you on a public forum?

When told by you, telling tales, tittle tattling.

Is Lorraine not entitled to disagree with the character painted by you of the father of her child? Mr Bennett, what sort of man must Lee have been to support your theory regading his death? What would he have been mixed up in?

Bea_Reasonable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Two major things that Bea_Reasonable has got completely wrong

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.12.09 21:37

@Bea_Reasonable wrote:When told by you, telling tales, tittle tattling. Is Lorraine not entitled to disagree with the character painted by you of the father of her child?

Lorraine is entitled to disagree with anything I say or Les Balkell says if she has a reasonable basis for doing so.

I think you have got something very wrong, Bea_Reasonable. When have I ever portrayed the character of Lee Balkwell in a bad light? I haven't - never. On the contrary, on the rare occasions I've referred to it, I've always stressed his popularity. I've seen the photographs of his funeral. Hundreds turned out for it.

Mr Bennett, what sort of man must Lee have been to support your theory regading his death? What would he have been mixed up in?

Again you know nothing about this, Bea_Reasonable. It is me who supports Les Balkwell's theory, not the other way round. All I've done on his behalf is to analyse all the material availabe to support his theory, carry out further researches of various kinds, then write it all up in a series of dossiers which then persuaded the I.P.C.C. that they should investigate his complaints at the very highest level and then issue Regulation 9 cautions to no fewer than 17 current or former Essex Police Officers under suspicion of misconduct or corruption. As for the motives for murdering Lee, if that is what happened, that's another topic altogether and I for one won't go there.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable on 20.12.09 21:40

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Bea_Reasonable wrote:When told by you, telling tales, tittle tattling. Is Lorraine not entitled to disagree with the character painted by you of the father of her child?

Lorraine is entitled to disagree with anything I say or Les Balkell says if she has a reasonable basis for doing so.

I think you have got something very wrong, Bea_Reasonable. When have I ever portrayed the character of Lee Balkwell in a bad light? I haven't - never. On the contrary, on the rare occasions I've referred to it, I've always stressed his popularity. I've seen the photographs of his funeral. Hundreds turned out for it.

Mr Bennett, what sort of man must Lee have been to support your theory regading his death? What would he have been mixed up in?

Again you know nothing about this, Bea_Reasonable. It is me who supports Les Balkwell's theory, not the other way round. All I've done on his behalf is to analyse all the material availabe to support his theory, carry out further researches of various kinds, then write it all up in a series of dossiers which then persuaded the I.P.C.C. that they should investigate his complaints at the very highest level and then issue Regulation 9 cautions to no fewer than 17 current of former Essex Police Oficers under suspicion of misocnduct or corruption.

Yeah ok I know nothing.

Have it your way, go on.

However, you keep pushing your angle and the truth of what you insist Lee was will come out.

YOU insist he was, his partner insists he wasn't, that he ws a decent man.

Bea_Reasonable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 20.12.09 21:42

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Stephanie wrote:

Lorraine Mitchinson.

What planet are you on ? why have you introduced Muratfan into this conversation ?
Where do I mention your latest revelation ?
What Mr. Balkwell must be going through is horrendous,I do not question that, but there is a child involved here.

The case you are mixed up in involves drugs and there are probably many parents here with children who have no time or inclination to delve into that seedy world.

And it is only significant to the Balkwell family (and obviously you ) and how you could ring a bereaved father a week before christmas with such nonsense is beyond me .

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lorraine Mitchinson began this by making accusations

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.12.09 21:57

@Stephanie wrote:And it is only significant to the Balkwell family (and obviously you ) and how you could ring a bereaved father a week before christmas with such nonsense is beyond me.
You seem to have completely forgotten that the whole exchange conducted on this forum in recent days, effectively between Lorraine Mitchinson and Les Balkwell, was begun by Lorraine Mitchinson herself posting these very words:

mr bennett doesnt tell the truth but dont be fooled into thinking that les balkwell is an innocennt greiving parent in all this because he also knows exactly what hes doing and doesnt tell the truth himself!

Did she honestly expect Les Balkwell not to react?

And look at the words he used in response.

Dignified words.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honoria on 20.12.09 22:01

Just out of curiosity Mr Bennett if Les Balkwells accusations are proven would he be eligible for a compensation payout?

Honoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on 20.12.09 22:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Stephanie wrote:And it is only significant to the Balkwell family (and obviously you ) and how you could ring a bereaved father a week before christmas with such nonsense is beyond me.
You seem to have completely forgotten that the whole exchange conducted on this forum in recent days, effectively between Lorraine Mitchinson and Les Balkwell, was begun by Lorraine Mitchinson herself posting these very words:

mr bennett doesnt tell the truth but dont be fooled into thinking that les balkwell is an innocennt greiving parent in all this because he also knows exactly what hes doing and doesnt tell the truth himself!

Dignified words.

Why would Mr,Balkwell be disturbed by what the mother of his Grandchild said about you ? I'm sure he has over matters far more pressing,
After all bloods thicker than water.

and the only reaction we have seen are your words, nothing conclusive.

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable on 20.12.09 22:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Dignified words.
Probably he wouldn't have reacted, wouldn't have been disturbed in the week leqding to Christmas had you not rung him with your tell tales.

Is Lorraine NOT allowed to post her own view, her feelings. her hurt then?

Not without your "No sense there" comment.

You havepainted her partener as something she doen't recognise Mr bennett, she has no right to comment here?

(BEFORE YOU shriek and point at me, I have no idea who she is, I pmd her but that is all)

Bea_Reasonable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable on 20.12.09 22:03

@Honoria wrote:Just out of curiosity Mr Bennett if Les Balkwells accusations are proven would he be eligible for a compensation payout?

Would any of that be coming yiour way, Mr Bennet, or is the attention enough?

Bea_Reasonable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You asked about compensation in the Lee Balkwell case

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.12.09 22:23

@Bea_Reasonable wrote:
@Honoria wrote:Just out of curiosity Mr Bennett if Les Balkwells accusations are proven would he be eligible for a compensation payout?

Would any of that be coming yiour way, Mr Bennet, or is the attention enough?
Responding to that, one of my achievements in the Stuart Lubbock case was that after a long struggle I managed to persuade the police to issue a statement to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) that it was more likely than not that he died from a crime of violence, or 'on the balance of probabilities', as they say. That meant that Stuart's father Terry was awarded £6,800 by the CICA - £5,500 being the statutory sum paid out to the relative of someone who has died as the result of a crime of violence, and £1,300 towards the funeral costs.

By the way this help to Stuart's father was given voluntarily and I neither charged him a penny for helping him with his CICA claim, nor did I receive one. I might add for the record that his previous Solicitors Steed and Steed had failed to obtain a CICA payment for him.

Should Essex Police - or perhaps West Midlands Police who are now independently investigating the whole case - also decide that on the balance of probabilities Lee Balkwell died from a crime of violence, Lee's surviving relatives would be entitled to similar payments.

Les Balkwell's central allegation is that a network of corrupt police officers, some of them at senior level, conspired to ensure that Lee's death was seen as a 'tragic accident' instead of murder. If he is right, all of us should take a close interest in what has really gone on here.

If he does sustain that central charge, he would have the right to make a very large financial claim indeed against Essex Police. He would need practising Solicitors to help him do that and I have not been practising (voluntarily I hasten to add) since 1999 when I took up a full-time post working for an M.E.P. No doubt his Solicitors would be paid a lot of money if they succeed in helping him make a valid compensation claim. I wouldn't be entitled to claim anything in that event.

Besides, my work is nearly done in many respects. Following the compilation of an extensive dossier which took Les Balkwell and I the best part of a year together, we managed between us to secure a top-level investigation by the I.P.C.C. Now we are into a lot of detailed, nitty-gritty work, making sure each complaint against each of the 17 Police Officers involved is set out clearly, comprehensively and is fully referenced with documentation and photographs etc. It's a long and laborious job.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable on 20.12.09 22:45

Yes, thanks for that Tony.

VERY helpful.

Bea_Reasonable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum