The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Some basic questions from a newbie

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some basic questions from a newbie

Post by Fee45 on 03.02.11 11:39

Hi I have been been trying to gen myself up with the McCann case recently. When it first happened I thought it was the parents, then I thought they were not involved, then I sat on the fence, and now, since I have been reading a lot of facts on this site I am definitely erring on the side of their guilt again, although not 100% until I read more facts.

1. I know there are a couple of others like me who joined to read the Jo Yeates case but would like to join in with the McCann case now but have trouble knowing where to start, is there a certain section on this site that you would recommend us reading first?

2. I really cannot understand why the dog evidence couldn't lead to a court case, I've watched the video a lot of times and understand that the dogs did more work that wasn't filmed where they followed a trail that ended abruptly in the car park plus their agitation outside no 7 where there was a fridge of rotting meat etc.
Why wasn't the dog thing followed up? Who decided that it wasn't to be followed up? I just don't get it.

3. If the McCanns were involved in the disappearance of their daughter, why on earth are they continually courting publicity? Surely if you knew you were guilty you would want to lay as low as possible and lead a quiet life and not draw attention to yourself? (or turn yourself in) Why do they do this?

I will think of some more basic questions too. Hope you don't mind clarifying those points.

Thank you.

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some basic questions from a newbie

Post by kangdang on 03.02.11 12:07

Answer to number 3.

They have to keep up the charade of searching for their daughter, slinking away isn't an option...it would attract attention and questions from those close to them. Those that know GM, know he would not opt to keep a low profile in the search for his daughter, he is an arrogant, pushy, obstreperous man - quietly retreating, giving up etc etc is not in his nature.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 03.02.11 12:20

2. I really cannot understand why the dog evidence couldn't lead to a court case, I've watched the video a lot of times and understand that the dogs did more work that wasn't filmed where they followed a trail that ended abruptly in the car park plus their agitation outside no 7 where there was a fridge of rotting meat etc.
Why wasn't the dog thing followed up? Who decided that it wasn't to be followed up? I just don't get it.

@ Fee45

This will go down in history as being one of the greatest unanswered questions of the case. The dogs you refer to were GNR dogs and had possibly been given a towel which had never touched Madeleine's body. For a family who apparently did not have separate hairbrushes and toothbrushes or clothing which was not shared amongst the children, one would be most surprised to learn that they were all using separate and identifiable towels. Do you know that McCann had to return home to collect a pillow case because there was not a scrap of Madeleine's DNA to be found in 5A. Not a fingerprint or a hair from Madeleine's head was found. This is not only extremely suspicious, it is utterly unbelievable.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG on 03.02.11 13:22

Fee 45,

A good starting place would be the research & analysis section where quite a bit of factual information is being compiled.

Regarding the dogs, I don’t think you’re alone in thinking that a thorough study of both the English & Portuguese dog’s findings needs to be done.

The McCann’s have courted publicity from day one, the whole idea of getting a spin doctor is to promote them and their campaign in a certain light at every opportunity. You have to remember that this case is not closed and they could be pulled in for questioning at any time should a piece of information or evidence come to light. They have to live with that possibility so it is important to maintain a certain image. However as time has goes on and more facts and details get into the public domain it becomes more and more evident that something is not quite right - to put it mildly.

YNG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 03.02.11 13:42

big grin

Indeed YNG. Something terribly wrong. It needs a jolly good public airing, and thoroughly intensive review by the Portuguese police.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 03.02.11 18:49

@Judge Mental wrote:2. I really cannot understand why the dog evidence couldn't lead to a court case, I've watched the video a lot of times and understand that the dogs did more work that wasn't filmed where they followed a trail that ended abruptly in the car park plus their agitation outside no 7 where there was a fridge of rotting meat etc.

@ Fee45

This will go down in history as being one of the greatest unanswered questions of the case. The dogs you refer to were GNR dogs and had possibly been given a towel which had never touched Madeleine's body. For a family who apparently did not have separate hairbrushes and toothbrushes or clothing which was not shared amongst the children, one would be most surprised to learn that they were all using separate and identifiable towels. Do you know that McCann had to return home to collect a pillow case because there was not a scrap of Madeleine's DNA to be found in 5A. Not a fingerprint or a hair from Madeleine's head was found. This is not only extremely suspicious, it is utterly unbelievable.

I just don't believe this, what about when the kids were ill? Germs would spread like wildfire, one ill child is bad enough let alone 3, besides being doctors you'd think they were well versed about cleanliness.

Fee, those dogs don't react to 'rotting meat' that was the McCanns excuse for what the dogs smelt. Remember also that Gerry doesn't believe in the dogs findings yet he wishes to offer an explanation at the same time, now he can't have it both ways - either the dogs smelt something or they didn't......

As l've often said, would Gerry get on a plane that an explosive sniffer dog had woofed at?

I believe with the first set of DNA results (blood and residue from under the tiles in their apartment and in the hire care rented 5 weeks after Maddie died) there were enough markers to Maddies DNA that would have bought prosecution in the UK but not Portugal itself, of course the 2nd set of test results came up inconclusive. They dodged a bullet.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 03.02.11 18:55

I think they have seen keeping in the public eye brings in money for the Fund, that seems to be the main purpose that I can see.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 03.02.11 19:10

@Cherry wrote:I think they have seen keeping in the public eye brings in money for the Fund, that seems to be the main purpose that I can see.

and who knows how many are now on the keeping quiet payroll?

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 03.02.11 19:33

@margaret wrote:
@Cherry wrote:I think they have seen keeping in the public eye brings in money for the Fund, that seems to be the main purpose that I can see.

and who knows how many are now on the keeping quiet payroll?

Yes, the Fund would seem to be the main reason they are keeping this charade going. Without it, how else will they be able to continue paying their legal team to threaten anyone who dares doubt them? The fund has now become a necessity as without their lawyers to hide behind they would be extremely vulnerable to the media - in the absence of threats from their lawyers, who knows what they may start publishing winkwink spit coffee

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 03.02.11 19:56

Margaret wrote: ''I just don't believe this, what about when the kids were ill? Germs would spread like wildfire, one ill child is bad enough let alone 3, besides being doctors you'd think they were well versed about cleanliness.''

welcome2 Margaret.

By all accounts, it would appear that even the car they hired was so smelly that they had to leave the boot open to air off. If people are prepared to treat a car like this when it is not even their own, it hardly sounds as if they have great standards of hygiene does it? The very least they could have done was to put their fish, meat and nappies in bags which did not leak.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 04.02.11 11:02

Thanks very much for the replies definitely food for thought.

I will continue having a good read so I feel able to comment.

I'm definitely falling off the fence here!

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 04.02.11 11:10

@Fee45 wrote:Thanks very much for the replies definitely food for thought.

Fee45, I recommend the following websites for essential reading too
thumbsup

http://www.mccannfiles.com/

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/home.htm

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 04.02.11 19:17

@Autumn wrote:

Fee45, I recommend the following websites for essential reading too

http://www.mccannfiles.com/

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/home.htm

Many thanks.

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 04.02.11 19:48

Mr

Be assured that we will be ready to catch you from your fall, Fee45. Very few people pass through this portal and go out the other side still believing in nonsensical abduction theories. The ones who do continue to appear blinkered are never genuine people. We have had a couple of fence-sitters, who have turned out not to be fence-sitters at all, but simply ardent fervent Clan fans. They need to keep abreast of our postings, so we allow them to come and go as they please, and openly pretend that we do not know who they are laughat

We even chat to them by PM and pretend to be ever so friendly. One has positively gushed in some PMs, in much the same way as you will see one being gushingly friendly and intimate on here. It breaks up the monotony some days, and they think they have one wrapped around their fingers. One just stops short of giving false information as a rule, but may do so every now and then. Only for a little fun you understand. But it is all corkingly jolly good fun, and it helps one to forget the gout and ingrowing toenails for just a few moments laughat

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 05.02.11 21:56

@Judge Mental wrote:Margaret wrote: ''I just don't believe this, what about when the kids were ill? Germs would spread like wildfire, one ill child is bad enough let alone 3, besides being doctors you'd think they were well versed about cleanliness.''

Margaret.

By all accounts, it would appear that even the car they hired was so smelly that they had to leave the boot open to air off. If people are prepared to treat a car like this when it is not even their own, it hardly sounds as if they have great standards of hygiene does it? The very least they could have done was to put their fish, meat and nappies in bags which did not leak.

ah thanks judge, l remember you from the 3as and keep meaning to come over here a bit more.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 06.02.11 23:22

For the last four hours I have been engrossed in Gonçalo Amaral’s book, I'm learning a lot to be sure!
Thanks for the offer of catching me Judge, I've nearly landed from the fence!

Can't get over the fact that the English police failed to send Madeleines medical records, very interesting to see that Coloboma can sometimes be associated with other medical conditons, including heart problems. Maybe a fall (behind a sofa) could cause cardiac arrest in a susceptable child, but surely it would be in the parents interests to reveal if she had some other medical condition perhaps related to the Coloboma?

If something happened to Madeleine in that apartment, maybe an accident resulting in her death, why on earth dont/didn't they say so?
Yes people will continue to berate them for neglect of the children, yes they could lose their careers but at least they would prove that they weren't cold blooded murderers?

I am leaning towards an accident at the moment but am feeling highly disturbed by Payne and his horrific innuendos on previous holidays. (Why was that info not divulged to the Portugese police?) plus the fact that the social worker called to chat to K&G found his face familiar.

I am also confused as to why the Tapas 7 would be prepared to cover up a death of a child, surely one of them at least would say, no way Jose will I help to cover up such a thing?! Friends or no friends.

If I were those parents and I knew to god I was innocent, I would demand a lie detector test and bundle all my Tapas pals onto a plane to do a full reconstruction of that day and evening.

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 06.02.11 23:53

One school of thought is that if Madeleine had died from an accident perhaps the body would have shown sedation and/or abuse (bearing in mind Gerry's comments about paedophilia and also the conversation reported by the gaspars between Gerry and David Payne) in that case there is no way that anyone would want the body found.

If the circle of friends were involved in sedation/abuse that would be a reason for them to be implicit in the coverup imo.

there are a lot of questions which need to be answered like why did the Leicestershire Police not immediately pass on the Gaspar statements to the PJ.

Why did the Leicestershire Police not allow the Mccanns medical records to be given to the PJ. Would it possibly have shown something in Kate's medical history?

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 07.02.11 0:14

@Cherry wrote:

Why did the Leicestershire Police not allow the Mccanns medical records to be given to the PJ. Would it possibly have shown something in Kate's medical history?
Did the Leicestershire Police have the parents medical records?
I would have thought by law they would have to pass them to the PJ?
Gosh I wonder why on earth they didn't, what is going on, do the McCanns have some sort of hold over them? Do they have a close family member in the Police force?
If you had nothing to hide you would be clamouring for everything to be seen.

My father always told me 'If you tell the truth you will never come unstuck'.

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 07.02.11 0:19

It seems this was not treated as a normal case, usually the medical and financial records would have been passed to the Police, in this case from what we know it appears that did not happen, the PJ have referred to the interference of the British government in this case, perhaps Gordon knows the answers.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 07.02.11 0:44

@Cherry wrote:It seems this was not treated as a normal case, usually the medical and financial records would have been passed to the Police, in this case from what we know it appears that did not happen, the PJ have referred to the interference of the British government in this case, perhaps Gordon knows the answers.
But why?
I just cannot see what is so special about the McCanns to be afforded such protection (if that's the case.)

Another thing I find shocking is The Smith family from Ireland not being asked back to Portugal (after the sacking of Gonçalo Amaral) after being stunned seeing Gerry on the TV leaving the plane and recognising him as the man they saw holding the child that night.

I feel nervous typing this in such a public place, hope we can't get arrested!

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 07.02.11 0:53

Do you think the publication of Gonçalo Amaral’s book could make any progressive investigations null and void, hope not!

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 07.02.11 2:04

@Fee45 wrote:
@Cherry wrote:It seems this was not treated as a normal case, usually the medical and financial records would have been passed to the Police, in this case from what we know it appears that did not happen, the PJ have referred to the interference of the British government in this case, perhaps Gordon knows the answers.
But why?
I just cannot see what is so special about the McCanns to be afforded such protection (if that's the case.)

Another thing I find shocking is The Smith family from Ireland not being asked back to Portugal (after the sacking of Gonçalo Amaral) after being stunned seeing Gerry on the TV leaving the plane and recognising him as the man they saw holding the child that night.

I feel nervous typing this in such a public place, hope we can't get arrested!

@ Fee45 We cannot be arrested for quoting police documents or repeating the leader of the investigation's theories. The forensic reports proved that the shutter and window had not been tampered with. Leading on from this point, there is little corroborated evidence for anything else which we have seen written in statements or dropping from any of their own lips. If anyone is going to be arrested, it will not be a poster on this site or any other site one has read. The most feared libel lawyers have not found a scintilla of libel for almost four years, and will be more hard pressed to find any after the ''libel'' trial. laughat

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 24.03.11 23:19

Hello first posting,

Quite new to all this Could someone tell me information of the apartment 5a doors, The sliding doors were left unlocked,
1,Was the front door being locked with a key after checking?
2, The 'Red Herring' window was not used as an escape route or entry point, So what door did the 'kidnapper' use as an exit route?

Thank you

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 25.03.11 14:22

Also I have read two different version on how kate entered the apartment on the final visit when she found Maddie missing
1.Did she enter through the unlocked sliding doors?
2,or Did she enter through the front door with a key?

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.03.11 17:24

Dragonfly
We are all waiting with bated breath for the "Very Honest" book, in which all is going to be revealed !!
Then we shall all know, and the whole world will know the evidence which lead to Kate's being able to say she "knew at once" that Madeleine had been "abducted".
And the Portuguese Police will also find out for the very first time what that evidence actually was.
Then perhaps they will be able to start a proper investigation, which they have failed to do so far, partly, or indeed mostly, because Kate and the rest refused point blank to tell them truthfully what happened.
big grin
We can't wait !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum