The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jo Yeates' dad feels so sorry for the McCanns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jo Yeates' dad feels so sorry for the McCanns

Post by ufercoffy on 01.02.11 7:22

By JOHN COLES and JAMIE PYATT
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new....or-McCanns.html

Published: Today

THE parents of murdered Jo Yeates last night told how they feel "lucky" - because at least they can hold a funeral for her.
Heartbroken David and Teresa Yeates told how the murder of Jo, 25, had left them grief-stricken and changed their lives forever.

But they also spoke of their sympathy for others - like Madeleine McCann's family - whose loved ones disappear without trace.

The couple gave a moving and dignified interview after a judge yesterday heard that lawyers representing murder accused Vincent Tabak had released Jo's body following a second post mortem.

IT consultant David, 63, said: "We appreciate we are not the only people who go through this.

"We keep reminding ourselves that we are not unique and this helps in some way, but we are very sad for others who have been through it as well.

"We really feel for those people who have not been able to bury their children. We keep reminding ourselves that in some way we are, we are loath to use the word, but 'lucky'.

"The McCanns are one set of people like this but there are others as well. I can't imagine what it must be like not to be able to bury their children, or to have to bury some bones discovered years later. Whatever we have experienced, they probably had it a lot worse. There is a finality to our situation. The perpetual not knowing would be worse."

David added: "We do not know if we will ever have closure. We will always have Jo in our minds as long as we live. What happened has changed our lives forever."

David said he and supermarket worker Teresa, 58, had sought comfort in Jo's happiness before her death.

He added: "We try to keep ourselves going with what Jo achieved and the fact that she was very happy. Everything had come together for her, we feel she was at the happiest time of her life."

Jo, a landscape architect, disappeared on December 17 after drinks with friends. Her snow-covered body was found on Christmas Day beside a country lane three miles from her flat in Clifton, Bristol.

Her parents, from Ampfield, Hants, are now organising her funeral, although a date has not yet been set.
David said: "We are planning an ordinary funeral - we are not trying to glamorise what happened. We cannot celebrate her life - it is difficult to associate celebration with what has happened."

Jo's family yesterday learned they face an eight-month wait before Tabak, 32, is due to stand trial at Bristol Crown Court.

He appeared before court via video link from the prison where he is being held on remand. A judge said the next hearing would be on May 4, and set a provisional trial date of October 4.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jo Yeates' dad feels so sorry for the McCanns

Post by dazedandconfused on 01.02.11 7:36

Do the newspapers make this stuff up? Why do the McC's have to be dragged into things? It makes me fume that they seem to get publicity from other people's suffering and I can't see JY's father having the time or inclination to be thinking about the McC's. Why would he suddenly want to link them to his grief when a more appropriate thought would be for those in a similar situation to him, having lost grown up daughters and the murder probably being unsolved.

dazedandconfused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.02.11 8:19

""We really feel for those people who have not been able to bury their children. EDIT The McCanns are one set of people like this but there are others as well. I can't imagine what it must be like not to be able to bury their children, or to have to bury some bones discovered years later."

Surely this is totally wrong, and the McCanns will have to respond.
Why would they bury Madeleine, when there is "no evidence that she has come to harm". ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiac on 01.02.11 23:45

"There is a degree of finality to our situation. The perpetual not knowing would be worse – that must make it impossible, or at least very difficult, to find any type of closure"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/31/body-of-joanna-yeates-released

Viver sem um filho (I think this is May 2010 definitely the year 2010)

In this Sandra Felgueiras interview with the McCanns GM is sitting in the sun and says:

you've just got to get on with your life

[/size]

Is this how parents of a child abducted by paedophiles should look. They claim their child was abducted in May 2007 and in 2010 they look like this. What would their little girl they claim was abducted think if she saw that?

@ 7.02 secs GM says:

as time passes the emotion isn't as raw so if you go back to May and June emmm the grief was very obvious very palpable emm you know Kate was emmm inconsolable for long periods most evenings ye know particulary at night time and that the gaps between those periods we still have them but they get they tend to get further away.

SF: You are getting used to it.

GM: Ya ehh i

KM: I think you adapt (says something I can't make out) like today the sun is shining and it's bright and it's warm and it ye know it's makes you feel nice but then you have that kind of....heavy...(KM shakes hand looking for words, SF says emptiness) yeah an emptinessnest..a heavy reminder really of this is very nice but Madeleine is still missing

What? You've just got to get on with your life! Well I cannot believe they are talking about an abducted child! How could the emotion EVER be less raw? Especially as they claim their child was not only abducted but abducted by paedophiles. Surely if parents believed their child was being held by paedophiles (or even abducted by others rather paedophiles) every waking second of every day would be painful and raw! How could you ever just get on with your life knowing that your child would/could be suffering? Suffering in ways you could not and would not want to imagine! As for feeling nice in the sun...what? Imo they sound like bereaved parents not parents of an abducted by paedophiles child!

zodiac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 02.02.11 0:10

welcome2 zodiac

''KM: I think you adapt (says something I can't make out) like today the sun is shining and it's bright and it's warm and it ye know it's makes you feel nice but then you have that kind of....heavy...(KM shakes hand looking for words, SF says emptiness) yeah an emptinessnest..a heavy reminder really of this is very nice but Madeleine is still missing.''

Impossible to believe that anybody would need a heavy reminder that their child had been stolen by a paedophile whilst on a Spring holiday. How did the McCanns manage to escape the constant reminders in every newspaper and almost every news report on television? One assumes they must have been far too busy behind the scenes and working on a campaign to make sure that the world believed that Madeleine had been abducted.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 02.02.11 6:50

@zodiac wrote:Is this how parents of a child abducted by paedophiles should look. They claim their child was abducted in May 2007 and in 2010 they look like this.

I find it far more odd that they looked like this in 2007, just days after Maddie was 'abducted by paedophiles', than seeing them like that in the video in 2010. Well, it was their holiday too, according to Kate, and losing a child didn't seem to stop them enjoying the sun while other people took time off work to search.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 02.02.11 7:35

@PeterMac wrote:""We really feel for those people who have not been able to bury their children. EDIT The McCanns are one set of people like this but there are others as well. I can't imagine what it must be like not to be able to bury their children, or to have to bury some bones discovered years later."

Surely this is totally wrong, and the McCanns will have to respond.
Why would they bury Madeleine, when there is "no evidence that she has come to harm". ?

The McCanns have responded on Brunty's blog:

"We are very grateful to David and Teresa Yeates for keeping us in their thoughts at such a painful time for their own family. While the anguish of not knowing what has happened to Madeleine is truly awful, we, of course, still have hope that our ongoing search for our daughter will lead to her being found alive.
" Recent cases such as that of Carlina White in the USA, reunited with her family after being abducted as a baby some 23 years ago, only serve to renew our resolve to never give up. It again proves that hope is not unfounded.
"We would ask anyone who has any information about Madeleine to get in touch with their local police immediately or contact our private investigators via www.findmadeleine.com”

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime/Post:70ce268b-8a05-47b2-8710-28da581c1419

It is grotesque that the media constantly link the McCanns to all grieving families. STOP IT!! Please give these families respect and don't link them to child neglectors! tearhairout

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 02.02.11 15:13

@ ufercoffy

thumbsup

You are expressing the sentiments of everybody who has read beyond the UK tabloids. How many Europeans outside of the UK believe Madeleine was abducted?

clapping1

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fee45 on 03.02.11 12:18

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
I find it far more odd that they looked like this in 2007, just days after Maddie was 'abducted by paedophiles', than seeing them like that in the video in 2010. Well, it was their holiday too, according to Kate, and losing a child didn't seem to stop them enjoying the sun while other people took time off work to search.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
This is the sort of thing that is making me more and more suspicious.
I would have thought you would be sitting hopelessly in your room looking like death warmed up, crying, vomiting etc etc etc
inbetween searching manically for your missing child.

Fee45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 03.02.11 12:37

@Fee45 wrote:
Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked
This is the sort of thing that is making me more and more suspicious.
I would have thought you would be sitting hopelessly in your room looking like death warmed up, crying, vomiting etc etc etc
inbetween searching manically for your missing child.

There's Kate wearing those pants of ganga that she also wore to work to get the scent of death from six corpses on them just for her holiday....just in case one of her abandoned children happened to die and an excuse was needed. winkwink

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 03.02.11 15:46

@ ufercoffy

laugh laugh

She looks like quite a big-footed woman. One often sees her in videos and photographs stomping around in these sandals. Perhaps it is her footwear which gives her such a manly gait. Not terribly elegant footwear, but very sensible wear for the terrain.

This has now reminded oneself of a footprint found in 5A. Was it an average size 5 or 6 that the forensic people found?

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiac on 06.02.11 22:07

Judge Mental,

Thanks for the

Get 'em Gonçalo,

Those pictures beggar belief! Imo they look like lottery winners not parents who claim their child has been abducted.

zodiac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum