The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jose de Freitas, senior officer at New Scotland Yard

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jose de Freitas, senior officer at New Scotland Yard

Post by Stephanie on 21.12.09 21:20

I have considered all routes, I guess I am a fence sitter on the how or why , I still cannot get out my head that it is quite possible that on waking that evening that little girl went off alone from that unsecured apartment to find her parents.
On finding her missing abduction was foremost in the minds of the parents, but then I come back to the nagging doubt of why so little was done to search for her that evening.
just my opinion of course.

Stephanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbutty on 21.12.09 21:24

Anyone participating in a crime will take something of that crime with them, and also leave something of themselves behind.

http://everything2.com/title/Locard%2527s+Principle

baconbutty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 21:27

I thought many people had searched for Madeleine that night and into the early hours. Not sure how much the locals police did though.

As for wandering off.In the early days that possibility was looked at, the child psychologists thought that a child that age even if she did venture out into the dark would have gone down the hill towards the light at the Tapas Area reception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 21:28

It is true there's 6 hairs missing from an envelope? The envelope that contained the hairs they found on her bed?
CuddleCat nor the blanked were examined as far as I know.
No testing for fingerprints on the bedroom door either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 21:28

@baconbutty wrote:Anyone participating in a crime will take something of that crime with them, and also leave something of themselves behind.

http://everything2.com/title/Locard%2527s+Principle
Does it say how much or how little?

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 21.12.09 21:30

it refers to trace evidence.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 21:37

@vaguely wrote:it refers to trace evidence.
So are we talking skin cells here? If so then of course there was no "evidence".

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 21.12.09 21:39

PearlB wrote:
@vaguely wrote:it refers to trace evidence.
So are we talking skin cells here? If so then of course there was no "evidence".

You're talking microscopic evidence that was left and taken - so yes to skin cells being left, and yes to carpet fibres being removed.

Murder scenes aren't screened for skin cells etc - there are billions of them everywhere.

Possibly hair, but not necessarily.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely on 21.12.09 21:42

You will leave minute traces of yourself everywhere you go - and you will take minute traces away.

If you visit a house, walk through the front door, go straight through without touching anything, and walk straight out of the back door - the house will contain traces of you, and you will contain traces of the house.

The best chance of linking the two of you are the traces of the house on you - because you are probably the least contaminated scene.

vaguely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 21:43

Thanks confirms just what I posted on DCB's new Thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 21:46

PearlB wrote:I thought many people had searched for Madeleine that night and into the early hours. Not sure how much the locals police did though.

As for wandering off.In the early days that possibility was looked at, the child psychologists thought that a child that age even if she did venture out into the dark would have gone down the hill towards the light at the Tapas Area reception.

Yes it seems that actually a great deal of searching was done that night although for obvious reasons that will never seem enough for anxious parents who want the whole world looking immediately.

Although logistically a child could have left the apartment alone it seems unlikely and of course doesn't explain the front door still being locked, patio doors still being closed but window and shutter to high for a child to reach being opened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:03

Well, I have a problem with that front door. I read the previous renters had "locked" that door in order to stop the cleaner entering unannounced,and she still came in ?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:08

PearlB wrote:Well, I have a problem with that front door. I read the previous renters had "locked" that door in order to stop the cleaner entering unannounced,and she still came in ?????

I know, was that in the files or did i read it somewhere else, very worrying if true. Similarly there were some break ins in the weeks before where a key was used to gain access although not that particular flat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:10

It's in the files. Just like it's in the files there's been at least three extra sets of keys of the apartment (except for the people who rented it).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:12

Molly wrote:It's in the files. Just like it's in the files there's been at least three extra sets of keys of the apartment (except for the people who rented it).

Although bizarrely Amaral rules out use of the front door for entry or exit because it was locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:15

tyra wrote:
Molly wrote:It's in the files. Just like it's in the files there's been at least three extra sets of keys of the apartment (except for the people who rented it).

Although bizarrely Amaral rules out use of the front door for entry or exit because it was locked.

Locked or closed? According to Gerry he didn't lock that door (with the key)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:17

tyra wrote:

Strange,you would have thought that would have been a main point to check and clarify?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:18

Molly wrote:
tyra wrote:

Well closed in that it would require a key to open it, I don't know if it was double locked?

Back to top Go down

PearlB wrote:
tyra wrote:

Strange,you would have thought that would have been a main point to check and clarify?

You'd think.

Back to top Go down

Molly wrote:
tyra wrote:

Some doors just lock when you close them. Others need a keyturn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:20

tyra wrote:
PearlB wrote:
tyra wrote:

You'd think.
Yes, I'm not a policeman but the entrances would be my first port of call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.12.09 22:25

PearlB wrote:
Molly wrote:
tyra wrote:

Some doors just lock when you close them. Others need a keyturn.

Okay, let's try to get this clear. When I close my front door, I can open it from the inside without a key, but from the outside I'd need a key to open it. When I lock it (with the key) I'd need a key to open it, no matter if I'm inside or outside.

So my interpretation of "closed" is, there's no key (from inside) necessary to open the door and leave.
Are we off topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 on 21.12.09 23:17

There was a chappie called out to the complex that very night to fix another door.

DCB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on 22.12.09 16:58

badmanners wrote:These witnesses that are named, are they people who have said 'yes we will testify for you old chum' or are they people that have been dragged into this against their will - named as those who he thinks will back up his claim that the contents of the book are all in the files, and that everyone shared his opinion?

No-one seems to know this, and it's pretty crucial.

Very crucial. They may know something or expressed an opinion in support of Amaral in private but to testify in court is another thing. Witnesses who are there against their will can have memory loss or can outright lie if they feel their own careers could be affected.

Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.12.09 17:38

@Avery wrote:
badmanners wrote:These witnesses that are named, are they people who have said 'yes we will testify for you old chum' or are they people that have been dragged into this against their will - named as those who he thinks will back up his claim that the contents of the book are all in the files, and that everyone shared his opinion?

No-one seems to know this, and it's pretty crucial.

Very crucial. They may know something or expressed an opinion in support of Amaral in private but to testify in court is another thing. Witnesses who are there against their will can have memory loss or can outright lie if they feel their own careers could be affected.

IMO, what is more surprising is the people that are NOT on that list, why isn't Grime there, Stuart Prior, Mr. Smith etc. All these people are mentioned in his book, and one would assume that they could back up his theories. Have they not been called, or have they had a change of heart?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum