The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Missing Nathan Tomlinson same time as Jo Yeats with CCTV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Missing Nathan Tomlinson same time as Jo Yeats with CCTV

Post by littlepixie on 11.01.11 12:26

This poor lad has only had local publicity. Jo Yeats is mentioned briefly in this article.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 15.01.11 10:54

He will become national news if he is found. Hopefully he is found alive.

Chances are he met with an accident, probably a little too much to drink, no fare back, and got stuck in snow frozen got lost or disorientated and couldn't find his way back and who knows what happened after that.

Public transports are not always the best to reach places in UK especially after a certain hours, couple with the drink and don't drive then if people don't drive and don't have taxi fare...that can become a problem.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 16.01.11 12:18

@littlepixie wrote:This poor lad has only had local publicity. Jo Yeats is mentioned briefly in this article.

Thanks for posting this, it seems so unfair that there has been little coverage in the media. Have there been any developments or sightings of Nathan, you would have thought someone would have seen him?

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 16.01.11 12:30

Missing Stockport man 'got lost' going home

Police hope the CCTV may remind people who saw Mr TomlinsonContinue reading the main story
Related stories

Police divers in missing man hunt
'No reason' for man to go missing
A man who disappeared after leaving a work Christmas party in Manchester city centre may have simply got lost trying to find his way home, police have said.

Nathan Tomlinson, 21, of Stockport, was last seen leaving the Mitre Hotel, near the cathedral, on 17 December.

Detectives have issued CCTV images of his last-known movements in the snow-covered streets as he crossed the River Irwell towards Salford.

Det Ch Insp Peter Giles said all lines of inquiry had now been exhausted.

The footage released by Greater Manchester Police (GMP) shows Mr Tomlinson leaving the bar and jumping over a wall near the Cathedral before walking across Victoria Street.

He is believed to have ended up in Chapel Street in Salford, where a man fitting his description asked a bus driver how he could get home to Stockport.

'Tragic case'
The driver explained he could to either go to Piccadilly by bus or train and get on a train from there.

As part of inquiries to trace Mr Tomlinson, officers carried out a week-long operation in the area around the University of Salford, Peel Park and Salford Crescent rail station.

Click to play

Click to play

Det Ch Insp Peter Giles said the 21-year-old's family feared the worst
Mr Giles, of the force's Major Incident Team, said: "This is a tragic case of a young man with a bright future going missing. Our indications are that he was simply trying to get home and got lost.

"From day one we have carried out a number of inquiries to trace Nathan and used a wide range of resources.

"Unfortunately, due to the time of year and other events in the news, Nathan's disappearance may not have attracted the attention we were expecting it to.

"We have reached the point where, while we have an idea of where Nathan went after he was last seen by friends, all of the initial lines of inquiry to trace him have been exhausted."

Despite scaling back the search of the area, police are continuing to appeal to anyone who may have seen Mr Tomlinson to contact them.

Mr Tomlinson, from Brinnington, is described as white, 5ft 7in tall and slim with fair hair.

He has tattoos on the back of his neck and forearms and was last seen wearing a green jumper, dark jeans, black jacket and black trainers.

More on This Story
Related stories

Police divers in missing man hunt 07 JANUARY 2011, MANCHESTER
'No reason' for man to go missing 24 DECEMBER 2010, MANCHESTER

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12159705

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crikey on 16.01.11 21:02

Sadly this is becoming a common occurance now. It is unfortunately not big news when people go missing as it happens many, many times a day, but it is still very distressing for the families involved.

crikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Was Nathan being chased?

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.01.11 10:31

I viewed the video footage here:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1405324_video_and_pictures_nathan_tomlinsons_family_refuse_to_give_up_hope

Two points:

First, the man shown shows no obvious signs of being drunk, he walks at a good, steady pace with no signs of staggering.

Second, on the last video image shown, and assuming this is Nathan Tomlinson, he is seen running towards the footbridge and then over it.

Was he being chased?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 17.01.11 13:15

If he was being chased wouldn't his pursuer/s have also been caught on the cctv footage?

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 17.01.11 17:43

He leaves the pub quite early and I agree he doesn't look drunk. His story reminds me of Vinny Derrick, a married father of one who went missing a few years ago after a night out in Manchester and was never found.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A pursuer?

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.01.11 0:42

@Autumn wrote:If he was being chased wouldn't his pursuer/s have also been caught on the cctv footage?
I thought I saw movement of some kind in the balck shadowy area to the right of the bridge. Maybe not, it's very indistinct.

But, thinking about it, yes, I agree, if there had been an active pursuer, the police would surely have shown us the pursuer on the video, had he been in hot pursuit.

But why was Nathan T running?

It's possible someone had earlier confronted him, scared him, threatened him - and that's why he was running - but maybe the other person didn't pursue him that far?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 18.01.11 14:24

Yes, I think he was running because he felt threatened.

Some info here about Nathan googling maps on his internet browser.

Police divers are searching stretches of the River Irwell as part of the investigation into missing Nathan Tomlinson.

Nathan, 21, from Brinnington, Stockport, disappeared after a works Christmas party on December 17th 2010.

Police divers were carrying out a final drag of the Irwell today in areas surrounding Salford University. The operation in Salford, will then be scaled back.

Scrubland in areas surrounding Silk Street and Cannon Street have already been combed for clues but nothing belonging to Nathan has been found.

The investigation has focused on areas around the Irwell and Silk Street because Nathan’s phone was last accessed at that location.

Police believe he may have been accessing Google maps on the phone’s internet browser in an attempt to find Salford Crescent station then catch a train home.

The possibility that Nathan had got lost is one line of enquiry being examined. Police have used sophisticated cell site technology to pinpoint where Nathan’s phone was when the internet was accessed on it.

The phone’s web browser was accessed shortly before midnight before it was disconnected.

It was activated again at around 2am before the signal again went dead.

Nathan was last seen in the Mitre Bar, near Manchester Cathedral in the city centre, at around 10.15pm

Mr Tomlinson is described as white, 5ft 7in tall and slim with fair hair.

He has tattoos on the back of his neck and forearms and was last seen wearing a green jumper, dark jeans, black jacket and black trainers.

Det Ch Insp Pete Giles, of the force’s Major Incident Team, said: “The inquiries that we have focused around the Salford area are drawing to a close.

“This is only one aspect of the investigation and other efforts to trace Nathan are continuing.”

Anyone with information about Mr Tomlinson’s whereabouts is urged to contact Greater Manchester Police – 0161 872 5050

Share this:

Digg

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/nathan-tomlinson-still-missing-still-missed/

The phone’s web browser was accessed shortly before midnight before it was disconnected

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Manchester Evening News

Post by Autumn on 19.01.11 8:51

Manchester Evening News
Reading through the comments about Nathan's disappearance, it is clear that the locals feel frustrated and understandably angry that the national media have given this little or no coverage. We have Jordan splashed all over the front pages of the papers yet nothing about what may have happened to Nathan. I feel so sorry for his family and friends that the media seem only interested in the Jo Yeates murder case, why is there nothing in the press about Nathan?

Link to comments

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1405324_video_and_pictures_nathan_tomlinsons_family_refuse_to_give_up_hope?order=desc#comments

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Man UTD launch Half-Time Appeal

Post by Autumn on 25.01.11 11:06

Manchester United launched a half time appeal to help find a Stockport man who went missing after a work's Christmas Party.

At the break during the Reds 5-0 Premier League thumping of Birmingham City on Saturday a plea for information on Nathan Tomlinson's whereabouts was read to the 75,326 crowd.

The trainee sports science teacher's details were also flashed on the stadium's scoreboards during the break.

Nathan, a United fan, was last seen leaving the Mitre Hotel on December 17 at 10.13pm.

Distraught family members have handed out 'missing' leaflets in a desperate bid to trace him while mum Tina, 43, told the M.E.N. she carries on the search 'every day and night' and is 'not giving up'.

Police believe the former Reddish Vale pupil may have got lost as he tried to make his way home.

CCTV footage captured him crossing Victoria Street then walking along a footpath by the River Irwell.

Nathan, from Brinnington, was next captured on Quay Street and then on Chapel Street, where he is thought to have asked a bus driver for directions to Stockport.

The last sighting appears to show him running across the Adelphi footbridge near Linen Court off Silk Street. The Irwell has been searched repeatedly.

United acted after being contacted by the M.E.N.

A spokesman said they were 'happy to help'. Nathan's family said they were 'delighted' that the Reds had joined the attempts to find him.

At the break United public announcer Alan Keegan told fans he had a 'very important message'.

He then read out details of Nathan's disappearance. As he did so Nathan's name and Greater Manchester Police's telephone number flashed on the boards at the famous ground.

Nathan's details were also printed in the Reds' matchday programme.

His mother, Tina, said: “It was brilliant and we really appreciate it. Hopefully something will come of it.

“We've still not heard anything. I'm out looking every day and night. You wouldn't believe some of the places I've been too.

“The problem is that a lot of people who were out that night were drunk so they can't really help.

“We're not giving up.”

Police praised United for their support and said that the search for Nathan continues.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1406076_nathan_tomlinson_manchester_uniteds_halftime_appeal_over_trainee_teacher_who_went_missing_after_christmas_party

Lets hope Nathan's disappearance is featured on Crimewatch.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dazedandconfused on 26.01.11 9:37

@Autumn wrote: Manchester Evening News
Reading through the comments about Nathan's disappearance, it is clear that the locals feel frustrated and understandably angry that the national media have given this little or no coverage. We have Jordan splashed all over the front pages of the papers yet nothing about what may have happened to Nathan. I feel so sorry for his family and friends that the media seem only interested in the Jo Yeates murder case, why is there nothing in the press about Nathan?

Link to comments

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1405324_video_and_pictures_nathan_tomlinsons_family_refuse_to_give_up_hope?order=desc#comments

I can sympathise with his parents' frustration. I'd not even heard of this before. So unfair that these so called celebs get acres of print space and something like this doesn't justify a mention.

dazedandconfused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missing Nathan

Post by BrinniSupport on 04.02.11 20:34

Coming from Brinnington myself, and talking as an individual, knowing Nathan and his family. I am finding myself waking up each morning in the hope that there has been some news on Nathan's Whereabouts.
I can't imagine what his Mum, Dad and brothers must be going through, but i do know that Nathan is a very popular lad and I have never heard a wrong word said about him.
Brinnington doesn't feel like Brinnington without him. His disapperance has shocked the locals and for those who know him, it will always be top priority in the news.
Please help to keep his name in the local news and discussions if not wider!
Missing u Tommo xxx Thoughts are with Tina, Mark and Lads xx

BrinniSupport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missing Nathan

Post by BrinniSupport on 04.02.11 20:36

Coming from Brinnington myself, and talking as an individual, knowing Nathan and his family. I am finding myself waking up each morning in the hope that there has been some news on Nathan's Whereabouts.
I can't imagine what his Mum, Dad and brothers must be going through, but i do know that Nathan is a very popular lad and I have never heard a wrong word said about him.
Brinnington doesn't feel like Brinnington without him. His disapperance has shocked the locals and for those who know him, it will always be top priority in the news.
Please help to keep his name in the local news and discussions if not wider!
Missing u Tommo xxx Thoughts are with Tina, Mark and Lads xx

BrinniSupport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 04.02.11 22:10

Nice to have someone from Brinny posting here. My lad knows Nathan from school.
Lets hope he is found soon we are all thinking of his family.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 12.02.11 22:21

The body of a young man found in the River Irwell in Salford was today confirmed to be that of the missing Nathan Tomlinson.

Nathan went missing on the same day as Joanna Yeates.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/02/12/missing-men-missing-from-media-coverage/

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 13.02.11 0:15

Oh no!!

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 13.02.11 0:17

That's really sad and so frustrating for the family to see their loved one not getting publicity when he went missing. I wondered how he came to meet his death, what a tragic waste of a young life, may he rest in peace.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 14.02.11 17:09

Very sad to hear this news.

R.I.P. Nathan

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: