The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 3 Mm11

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 3 Mm11

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 3 Regist10

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 3 Empty Re: 60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo)

Post by Jill Havern 12.10.11 8:35

tigger wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I do not believe that piece about professional make artist appears in the Book.
"make-up" appears only twice.
'professional" only 11 times

Please don't let this become a forum myth. Katey may well have said it sometime, somewhere, but not in the book.

I'm sure I replied this post many weeks ago? I was wrong, but I remember seeing it around May, did try to find it again. Point is, I thought it was in the book, wasn't. Remember clearly my indignation seeing that photograph again, with a different explanation. rest snipped

I thought exactly the same as you.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 3 Empty Re: 60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo)

Post by Guest 12.10.11 8:43

I think I'm correct in saying that this bizarre photo first appeared in May 2010 as part of the video put together by Jon Corner to mark the third anniversary of Madeleine's "disappearance".

Here's another link to all the photos that are published in the book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 14.05.14 15:44

tigger wrote:Kate explained this photo the first time: ' it was taken after she'd raided my make-up box'. Hmm. blue eyeshadow hasn't really been the thing since how long?  And pray tell me, how does a toddler put make-up on so well and not only that, pose like a diva?

Second explanation in the book where Kate has had the temerity to publish it again: 'this was taken after a professional beautician who was visiting made her up'. Ah, now she's realised that children aren't so adept.

I'm just wondering if this was a message published to whom it may concern. Perhaps there are other photographs.

More 'evidence' - if any more was needed - of McCann duplicity and game playing, imo. Plus, I do believe (reluctantly)  coded messages and meanings.

They know perfectly well Madeleine didn't 'raid' the 'make-up box', imo. As so many people have pointed out. For one thing she wouldn't have been able to apply the make-up like that. For another thing, she looks absolutely miserable. Not well at all, there is no colour in her face - either drugged or ill (or even worse, as a few posters have suggested).

And I know that there has been much discussion about her neck - are their finger marks, has the area been photo-shopped or whitened to hide something?

Were these Kate's actual words? Even if they weren't her exact words, it is still a flippant remark to make when the photo shows Madeleine looking so miserable.

If they were Kate's exact words, I do believe they are quite revealing. The use of the word 'raid' in interesting. It has all sorts of connotations but in the context of a child playing, it is a curious choice. You might possibly use the word 'raid' in the context of 'raiding the fridge' or 'biscuit tin' or something. But a three year old 'raiding' a make-up box? I think it is an odd choice of words.

To my mind, the word 'raid' is closely associated with a police raid. I would imagine that it is a word that has huge significance for anyone involved in the criminal world, for instance. 

I hate to even have to write this, as it sounds so........ sad . But, in view of the fact that I think certain people get some kind of kick out of others naivety (and I was naive about this case for at least five years)  I also think the phrase 'my make-up box' is a bit peculiar.

I have various bags with sundry items of make-up in them which I carry in handbags or take on holiday (usually a bit of a muddle and a mess as I don't really wear much make-up). I call them make-up bags. In the bathroom, I do have a couple of boxes as well with assorted lotions and potions and some make-up. I would probably describe these as 'make-up boxes' (but without the prefix 'my' as it is self-evident that they are mine, because my partner does not wear make up!

I would have used the expression: 'the make-up box' or 'the dressing up box' if I had had a box full of make-up/dressing up clothes  etc that was especially designed for for my children to play with when young. (And in actual fact, 'the dressing up box' is still in existence but I never specifically encouraged my children to play with make-up).

However - given that Madeleine looks so miserable and it's such an awful choice of photo - I think that the  words: 'it was taken after she'd raided my make-up box' are as horribly creepy as the photo.

Ugh. How I despise them.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 14.05.14 16:03

That picture reminds me of the very young girls inappropriately dressed and made up and dancing in that programme Big fat gypsy wedding , produced by Jeremy Wilkins ...or Jez as they very informally call him .

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 14.05.14 22:46

Quite. What a creep he is.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 14.05.14 23:53

I am still shocked by the post on p(?1?)... Am trying very hard to work out if this poster was taking the p**s - having no problem with this photo and comparing it to face-painting at 'country fayres'!
Seriously?!?
Just when I thought I'd read it all... nah

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.05.14 0:13

Rasputin wrote:That picture reminds me of the very young girls inappropriately dressed and made up and dancing in that programme Big fat gypsy wedding , produced by Jeremy Wilkins ...or Jez as they very informally call him .
Jeremy Wilkins is a prat.
I despise both him and Firecracker Films for the BFGW bilge, which claimed to 'represent Gypsies' - no, wrong! Sensationalist bulls**t that they wouldn't have got away with had it been 'Jew' or 'Black' or 'Asian' in the title.
But rant over as that's a whole other argument and not for here. Just sayin, he's a prat (and I'm being polite!)

Back to the photo - I would have no issue with seeing a mischievous, sparkly-eyed lil girl having fun with her Mama's make-up bag as a one off.
This though imo shows a tear-stained, unsmiling, possibly bruised and dead-eyed girl plastered in c**p. Nothing 'fun' here.
Even if innocent the fact of releasing such a photo in the claimed circumstances shows an appalling lack of judgement.
Again imo, a 'warning' to someone, and a 'we can get away with anything' attitude.
Woeful and disrespectful to Maddie too, poor little thing Sad

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 15.05.14 1:14

Yes, there are so many ADULTS who are behaving like perverts - at  the very best.

Jez Wilkins - bog fat man prat - pathetic.....in so many ways..........

And what happened to Madeleine ?
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 15.05.14 6:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's face painting a Country Fayres!
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Milo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.05.14 7:23

Doug D wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's face painting a Country Fayres!
Absolutely! And doesn't she look lovely? My favourite picture, actually yes
This is what a photo of a little girl having fun with make-up or otherwise should look like - twinkling eyes, big smile...
Thank you Doug D roses

ETA: Could the two photos be put side by side please? I can't do photo's but I think the two together would perfectly prove the point... TIA if not I'll have a go

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.05.14 7:36

How anyone can leave 3 beautiful,  innocent, defenceless children on their own I cannot fathom.  

Not forgetting of course the other children in the holiday group were also left.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.05.14 8:04

Hope this works - its my first attempt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.14 9:00

I'm not convinced the photos are even of the same child.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.05.14 9:28

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I'm not convinced the photos are even of the same child.
Well no, its possible they aren't - I'm not convInced of much in this case, bar Maddie was no longer with us pre-alarm May 3rd 2007!

ETA - could you help on 'Photos Revisited' thread please NFWTD? I seem to have inadvertently caused some cnfusion about the origins of 'make-up' photo, thanks

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.14 9:33

What you've said there is okay - that the three highly inappropriate photos were part of the 2010 anniversary video - or have I missed something else?.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.14 9:38

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:What you've said there is okay - that the three highly inappropriate photos were part of the 2010 anniversary video - or have I missed something else?.
I think rainbow fairy was referring to me on the other thread.

I wanted to know if that MBM make up pic was a still taken from video footage or just a photograph?

Think it created some confusion.

P.s - do you know if it was a still from video footage or just a photograph?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.05.14 11:38

Andrew77R wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:What you've said there is okay - that the three highly inappropriate photos were part of the 2010 anniversary video - or have I missed something else?.
I think rainbow fairy was referring to me on the other thread.

I wanted to know if that MBM make up pic was a still taken from video footage or just a photograph?

Think it created some confusion.

P.s - do you know if it was a still from video footage or just a photograph?
Thanks Andrew, yes that's what I meant - I'm having a bad day laughat
Though, even if 'photos' inserted into video, they *could* still be from an original video?
I have many of my one year old I've taken from video as screenshots. I get better, less blurry results -he moves too fast for my cameraphone!

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 19.08.14 20:09

The first time I saw this photo  I knew that it reminded me of something I had seen as a child but I could not bring to mind what it was. Now I know exactly what it reminded me of, due to the case last year, a photograph by Graham Ovenden by the name of Sam (1972).

I have not worked out how to post an image yet but if you google the artists name and the title of the work you will be able to see for yourself - it's the head tilted back and the demeanour of the girl that struck a chord.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 19.08.14 20:15

Rufus T wrote:The first time I saw this photo it I knew that it reminded me of something I had seen as a child but I could not bring to mind what it was. Now I know exactly what it reminded me of, due to the case last year, a photograph by Graham Ovenden by the name of Sam (1972).

I have not worked out how to post an image yet but if you google the artists name and the title of the work you will be able to see for yourself - it's the head tilted back and they demeanour of the girl that struck a chord.

Yes Rufus, I know the one you mean, a black and white photo, most disturbing and I too unable to post it.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 19.08.14 20:29

Nina wrote:
Rufus T wrote:The first time I saw this photo it I knew that it reminded me of something I had seen as a child but I could not bring to mind what it was. Now I know exactly what it reminded me of, due to the case last year, a photograph by Graham Ovenden by the name of Sam (1972).

I have not worked out how to post an image yet but if you google the artists name and the title of the work you will be able to see for yourself - it's the head tilted back and they demeanour of the girl that struck a chord.

Yes Rufus, I know the one you mean, a black and white photo, most disturbing and I too unable to post it.

The same pose. Yes, that is disturbing.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 19.08.14 20:33

Good lord, I can hardly believe it. This is one hell of a coincidence imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 19.08.14 21:10

Thank you Hicks for posting a link, was so busy faffing about with the image it didn't occur to just post a link. Must engage brain fully next time . roses
Rufus T
Rufus T

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 19.08.14 21:48

Rufus T wrote:Thank you Hicks for posting a link, was so busy faffing about with the image it didn't occur to just post a link. Must engage brain fully next time . roses

That's ok Rufus T. Good spot on the photo.

I am wondering if there is any significance between the make up pic and the photo called 'Sam'.

Once again another avenue in this mystery has the 'P' word lurking in the background.

I notice that Ovenden was sentenced at Plymouth Crown Court......Plymouth seems to crop up a lot in this mystery.

Reading up about this man I came across an article that was written post his conviction. This line jumped out of the page.....'he remains at Barley Splatt, but in a converted outbuilding next to his turreted main home, known as the 'garage'. These words took me straight back to the 'riddler', the McCann's, and that extension they applied for in 2006 to extend the GARAGE. Was the riddler trying to make us see a connection here?
Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 20.08.14 18:14

Having been away from the forum for a while I knew nothing about riddle me ree, so have just read up on that one, interesting as it was I think most likely a WUM. The most striking similarity, for me,  between the make up photo and Sam are the eyes, they are too knowing not the sort of thing one would wish to see in the eyes of such a young child. Sad to say I see a loss of innocence.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.08.14 18:34

Yes, my mother used to say that a person was too knowing for their tender age.

I'm reminded of that with several of the photos claimed to be of Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top