The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Mm11

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Mm11

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Regist10

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty Re: 60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo)

Post by Lester Lass 25.01.11 16:39

Sorry if this is nit-picking, but if the photo had been photoshopped, then they could have inserted eyelashes in a top layer.

To me it looks like a little girl having fun with her mother at dressing up. All little girls do it and I guess most mothers have photographs of the sometimes hilarious results. I do of my daughter.

I do think they shouldn't have published that particular photo, but I have no promblem with the photo itself.
Lester Lass

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty Re: 60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo)

Post by littlepixie 25.01.11 17:04

We may have photos of our children dressing up but the expression on their face is one of joy and laughter unlike the photo of Maddie.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Milo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 25.01.11 17:26

Lester Lass wrote:Sorry if this is nit-picking, but if the photo had been photoshopped, then they could have inserted eyelashes in a top layer.

To me it looks like a little girl having fun with her mother at dressing up. All little girls do it and I guess most mothers have photographs of the sometimes hilarious results. I do of my daughter.

I do think they shouldn't have published that particular photo, but I have no promblem with the photo itself.

Well. that's that sorted out then, if you don't have a problem with it winkwink

May one ask why it is that you think they shouldn't have published that particular photo,?

As the mother of your daughter, would you be falling about in hilarity and having stitches over a photograph which turned out like this?

One notes you say this photograph looks like a little girl having fun with her mother at dressing up.

Have you been able to identify Madeleine's mother in this photograph anywhere? Or are you making an enormous assumption here? Is this photograph part of a family photograph which we have not been party to seeing yet?

Do you know how difficult it is to photoshop eyelashes into a photograph, without leaving a trace of your attempts?
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 25.01.11 17:29

Uh oh. Here he is again. With his lttle friend.

exalt exalt

Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x 31.01.11 23:48

I may have said before, how a Policeman kicked a dead Yew bush in his garden whilst engaged in a very strange investigation into some illegal practice and remarked that, "Out there some f##king weirdo will be turned on by that bush".

Another Policeman and a defendents solicitor were in hysterics over some photographs taken to Boots for processing...(not a good move) ..which consisted of a man with a bath chain round his neck, home made red horns stuck to his head and an unmoved cat in front of his naked body. The defence was that the cat didn't look like it was in distress and the bloke was clearly bonkers.

My point being that, who knows what the picture means. I doubt if part of a dodgey child sex photo shoot it would ever have seen the light of day, and the computer hard drive would be down amongst the rusting U boats off Lisahally! But Mark W is entirely right that it is inapropriate choice of image, increased sexualisation of children is a problem. Innocent it may well be, but it is too close to Lolita images, or Jodie Fosters image in Taxi Driver. Whether some nonces like their girls as little girls, or as little ladies is imaterial, the choice of image is crass and not thought through. I know several people who thought it was plain wrong, and in the context of the parents being behind the release felt that it was a case of 'say what you like you can't touch us'.

Far removed from the face painting at fairs and childrens parties, imagine picking up a five year old girl from her friends birthday party painted like a badger, and that is pretty far removed from picking her up painted like Jordan !
Clarence Darling x
Clarence Darling x

Activity : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x 01.02.11 0:28

Whatever a three year old girl made of wearing make up, it was 'competent' adults who released the pictures. I understand MW's points about who chose it and authorised it. This is not a picture of your daughter posted on face book at a birthday party, but a picture of your daughter that you claim has been abducted by child abusers.

A friend of mine has the capacity to see how many hits her pictures on facebook register. A picture of her boyfriend purporting to whack a pig with a shovel registered hardly any! However an innocent picture of her neice sat in a paddling pool registered hundreds and was removed instantly she realised.

Look upon the Degas sculpture of the little dancer, and admire it as a piece of art, then consider it as a child prostitute in the salon parading before French 'gentlemen'. Two different things entirely when you have the benifit of hindsight.

One has to wonder about the team behind the release of the images, who are surely in comunication with someone who has had child protection background or Police background please! Thus MW's twitter requests for further information show how wrong the release of such images are.

I am sure that MW is aware of the story of the Hazel Ascot appreciation society, who organised beauty pagents and photoshoots in innocent celebration of Britains answer to Shirley Temple. What was refered to as the 'hobby' was very thinly veiled and provided the Police with valuable insight into how these organisations functioned virtually in the open. It makes enlightening reading though unpleasant so be warned if you look into it.

In the pit of your gut it is what makes some people uneasy about the images of Jon Benet Ramsey and others get just too many thrills.
Clarence Darling x
Clarence Darling x

Activity : 88

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty That photo - two explanations by Kate

Post by tigger 05.08.11 20:22

Kate explained this photo the first time: ' it was taken after she'd raided my make-up box'. Hmm. blue eyeshadow hasn't really been the thing since how long? And pray tell me, how does a toddler put make-up on so well and not only that, pose like a diva?

Second explanation in the book where Kate has had the temerity to publish it again: 'this was taken after a professional beautician who was visiting made her up'. Ah, now she's realised that children aren't so adept.

I'm just wondering if this was a message published to whom it may concern. Perhaps there are other photographs.
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 05.08.11 20:35

It's interesting to consider the storm of protest there has been today about this story:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It strikes me that similar considerations could apply to the picture of MM.
puzzled

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 05.08.11 20:57

tigger wrote:Kate explained this photo the first time: ' it was taken after she'd raided my make-up box'. Hmm. blue eyeshadow hasn't really been the thing since how long? And pray tell me, how does a toddler put make-up on so well and not only that, pose like a diva?

Second explanation in the book where Kate has had the temerity to publish it again: 'this was taken after a professional beautician who was visiting made her up'. Ah, now she's realised that children aren't so adept.

I'm just wondering if this was a message published to whom it may concern. Perhaps there are other photographs.

This is just another 'reactive' response from the McCanns after being caught out

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty That ghastly photo again.....

Post by Guest 05.08.11 22:21

It is still beyond me that the McCanns ever thought that this photo (not to mention the other two which were on the same video last year) was suitable to publish in the first place. Did nobody in their entourage warn them that this image gave the most unfortunate impression ever?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 08.08.11 23:44

The fact that any parent requested/allowed their child of 3 years to be photographed in these "poses" in the first place make me wonder about what their boundaries are of acceptable images. These were "arranged" poses that much is obvious so what does it say about them.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 08.08.11 23:50

Why is there no lolita photos of amelie?
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty Appropriate images

Post by Guest 09.08.11 13:05

If the McCanns think that photos of their daughter in provocative poses are suitable for public display, I dread to think what their standards are when it comes to judging which ones are not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 09.10.11 21:57

It seems to me that a few players in this case are "disturbed", by that i mean mentally! There is something weird about the whole case, photos or not, IMO. I just get an "uneasy" feeling about the McCanns and their tapas friends, but don't really know why! call it gut instinct i suppose.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 10.10.11 8:50

Gaspar statements [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.10.11 9:13

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I do not believe that piece about professional make artist appears in the Book.
"make-up" appears only twice.
'professional" only 11 times

Please don't let this become a forum myth. Katey may well have said it sometime, somewhere, but not in the book.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty Forum myths

Post by Guest 10.10.11 9:22

I'll see if I can find the origin of the quote.

For information, here's a link to all the photos in the book. The ghastly make up photo isn't there and, as has been discussed before, there are none of the fateful holiday itself which is odd.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 10.10.11 10:33

I do not believe that the horrid blue eye-shadow was applied by a "professional make-up artist." I do not think that Maddie put it on herself, it is too good, but it is crude and over-done. And she is not having fun, in fact she is crying. If you look carefully at the left side of the face, you will see where the make-up has run. What sane parent would take such a terrible picture, let alone show it off to the world?

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 10.10.11 10:37

PeterMac wrote:Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I do not believe that piece about professional make artist appears in the Book.

Please don't let this become a forum myth. Katey may well have said it sometime, somewhere, but not in the book.

I have the Kindle edition and I cannot find it anywhere. I believe it was a magazine article. It was "a friend who is a beautician" as I remember it.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 10.10.11 10:49

From the Independent (2/5/10) regarding Madeleine & Make Up.

"Madeleine McCann: A new film to remind us of her disappearance"

She is a little girl once more, her eyelids glistening with blue eyeshadow, a pink ribbon holding her blonde bob in place and a gold necklace hanging from her neck. Or at least that is how Madeleine McCann appears in a new video released today to mark a bitter anniversary, as her desperate parents attempt to refocus the world's attention on their missing daughter.

The still pictures of Madeleine messing around with her mother's make-up and jewellery at her home punctuate a poignant video, shot by a family friend to commemorate the 1,000th day since her disappearance, and which is being made available for all to watch and remember the anguish of those first few painful days. "

All I can say is Ughh to the flowery sweet stuff above.

Activity : 1622

Milo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.10.11 12:25

Shibboleth wrote:
I have the Kindle edition and I cannot find it anywhere. I believe it was a magazine article. It was "a friend who is a beautician" as I remember it.
So do I. It makes it very easy to search, which is the only reason I got it.
For those who do not know, you can find the kindle edition, called .mobi, and various other formats, .pdf, .rtf, .doc, on google, though you have to go in quite deep.
And of course it may be a breach of copyright to download them. So you mustn't.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty that photo

Post by russiandoll 11.10.11 16:47

I quote from a recent post :

" The still pictures of Madeleine messing around with her mother's
make-up and jewellery at her home punctuate a poignant video, shot by a
family friend to commemorate the 1,000th day since her disappearance
"

Am trying not to be picky, but I can understand the mentioning the photo was released to commemorate this anniversary, but when the video was made with Maddie present obviously [!!], how could the intention to be to commemorate the anniversary of a disappearance they did not know was going to happen ? The only inference from this wording is that they knew at the time the video was made that she would be disappearing.......
sorry but thats the only way the above sentence makes any sense to me.......

or am I reading a bit too much into the wording ?
russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike 11.10.11 16:59

russiandoll wrote:I quote from a recent post :

" The still pictures of Madeleine messing around with her mother's
make-up and jewellery at her home punctuate a poignant video, shot by a
family friend to commemorate the 1,000th day since her disappearance
"

Am trying not to be picky, but I can understand the mentioning the photo was released to commemorate this anniversary, but when the video was made with Maddie present obviously [!!], how could the intention to be to commemorate the anniversary of a disappearance they did not know was going to happen ? The only inference from this wording is that they knew at the time the video was made that she would be disappearing.......
sorry but thats the only way the above sentence makes any sense to me.......

or am I reading a bit too much into the wording ?

I think you're reading too much into it. I think the friend made a video to commemorate the anniversary and added the still images into the video.
Mike
Mike

Activity : 174

Milo likes this post

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty thanks chris

Post by russiandoll 11.10.11 17:07

yes I agree......its a case of reading too much too quickly and in a negative frame of mind....daft of me to even post it I should have had the thought ,and then had the common sense to dismiss it !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

60 Reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo  (the 'MAKE-UP '/ Lolita photo) - Page 2 Empty Is this an earlier post?

Post by tigger 12.10.11 7:57

PeterMac wrote:Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I do not believe that piece about professional make artist appears in the Book.

I'm sure I replied this post many weeks ago? I was wrong, but I remember seeing it around May, did try to find it again. Point is, I thought it was in the book, wasn't. Remember clearly my indignation seeing that photograph again, with a different explanation. So probably in one of the rags. Must have seen it online, Mail or BBC. I will try to find it again and will post when I do.
I think the first time it was published was January 2010? Thanks to the Burgau topic, it now looks like one of - if not the last photograph of Maddie.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top