The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Discussion on BBC Programme re MF - Inside Out 7.30 pm 22/11/10

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion on BBC Programme re MF - Inside Out 7.30 pm 22/11/10

Post by Rainbow on 24.11.10 18:45

@ufercoffy wrote:
@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@Anna wrote:As a member of MCF I believe on the PM grapevine that it is Himself who has been instrumental in turning Joana against the MF, for what reason I don't know but the MF is not allowed to be discussed on that forum which is rapidly becoming a joke. Freedom of speach is not allowed on there unless it echoes their views.

Several people have been victimised by the admin and her staff and one or two have been banned.

I thought the cause that Himself refers to is for the case to be reopened which is what I thought Mr Bennett was in London for, to petition the Prime Minister. There's no pleasing some folk.

I would just like to add that I thank Mr Bennett and his supporters for their hard work and am pleased that someone has the courage to do something.

But the MF send donations to the GA fund that was set up by Joanna? The MF support GA and all those in Portugal who are working for justice for Maddie.

Exactly, so why is he being so especially to those supposedly on the same side of the fence.

I'm sure if Goncarlo didn't approve of the MF he'd have made it known by now. I don't think he would accept money from them if he didn't approve of their efforts. Who is this guy 'Himself' anyway to say who should do what - is he in charge or something? Rolling Eyes

Maybe it's because Joana and her team want all the glory and don't like others stealing their limelight? I don't think there's any place in this case for people to want their egos stroked, this is about Madeleine not Himself or Joana.

Keep up the great work TB!

I think you have probably hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph ufercoffy,that is how I see it also.Very sad.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 24.11.10 19:06

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Anna wrote:I would just like to add that I thank Mr Bennett and his supporters for their hard work and am pleased that someone has the courage to do something.
That is a very kind comment - thank you.

I can assure you that I heartily wish that people much better than me had been there to make a public stand on the issues about this case that matter to us all here. I have only done so because very few others seemed to want to put their names forward publicly.

And I can well understand why.

Look at what has happened for example to the one person in Portugal who made a very public stand against the abduction claim. It has not been a pretty sight - and there is a long road to go for him despite the welcome unfreezing of the ban on his book.

Nasty and powerful people have always been utterly ruthless towards their real or perceived opponents. For example:

* Roman Emperors throwing Christians to the lions

* The so-called 'Holy Inquisition* torturing and killing its opponents

* Hitler's Nazis and the gas chambers

* Communist Russia locking up writers like Solzhenitsyn in the gulags

* Today's Islamists killing people like the Dutch film-maker who exposed their true nature.

Nasty and powerful people all...we must stand up to them.

We absolutely must.

Madeleine and Amaral will one day be revered for being two of the most significant people in teaching us both the true value and the true cost of freedom of speech.

They have also shown a much wider public that silence is something that the wealthy have always been able to pay for when necessary. Few members of the public ever saw actual proof of the fact that people with enough money will pay for silence and are guaranteed of that silence being kept.

Thankfully, the internet has now proven that the time has come for wealthy people to finally realise that they can no longer use injunctions and super-injunctions to keep their wrong-doings out of the public eye.

The names of Trafigura and professional footballers will pale into insignificance once we see Madeleine's case un-shelved.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Eyes on 24.11.10 19:49

@Rainbow wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@Anna wrote:As a member of MCF I believe on the PM grapevine that it is Himself who has been instrumental in turning Joana against the MF, for what reason I don't know but the MF is not allowed to be discussed on that forum which is rapidly becoming a joke. Freedom of speach is not allowed on there unless it echoes their views.

Several people have been victimised by the admin and her staff and one or two have been banned.

I thought the cause that Himself refers to is for the case to be reopened which is what I thought Mr Bennett was in London for, to petition the Prime Minister. There's no pleasing some folk.

I would just like to add that I thank Mr Bennett and his supporters for their hard work and am pleased that someone has the courage to do something.

But the MF send donations to the GA fund that was set up by Joanna? The MF support GA and all those in Portugal who are working for justice for Maddie.

Exactly, so why is he being so especially to those supposedly on the same side of the fence.

I'm sure if Goncarlo didn't approve of the MF he'd have made it known by now. I don't think he would accept money from them if he didn't approve of their efforts. Who is this guy 'Himself' anyway to say who should do what - is he in charge or something? Rolling Eyes

Maybe it's because Joana and her team want all the glory and don't like others stealing their limelight? I don't think there's any place in this case for people to want their egos stroked, this is about Madeleine not Himself or Joana.

Keep up the great work TB!

I think you have probably hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph ufercoffy,that is how I see it also.Very sad.

I also see it that way. I'm not disputing Joanna does sterling work and is the number one site for information, but I also see Himself as jumping on her bandwagon whilst obviously dissing those who try to do equally sterling work in this case. There are many sites discussing Madeleine and his is only one of them so he has no authority to tell people to wake up and smell the coffee and slag off those who follow TB. He's just jealous because he hides behind an anonymous username and has no inclination to walk the streets of London. I only have respect for those who use their real names to take action with this case - e.g. Joanna Morais, Tony Bennett, Grenville Green, Sharon Lawrence, Sharon Bradford, Jill Haven, Helen Davies Green, Paulo Reis, Duarte Levy, Brenda Ryan, even Debbie Butler... you get the idea. Those who hide behind usernames like 'Himself', muratfan, bonnybraes, chaos raptor should not demand respect imo because they are too cowardly to show themselves when they attack other people for having different opinions.

Irish Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch on 24.11.10 20:53

Tony, I see that you have been posting and would like, for what it's worth, to add my appreciation for all you and MF do towards trying to get justice in this sad case.
It was sad when we first heard of the abduction of a 3 year old, but it gets sadder by the day, because in my opinion she is abused almost daily by her parents and their group of likeminded friends as they use her name as a money making commodity. The poor little girl.
Tony, may I ask you, since the tv programme, have you noticed an increase of traffic to your website?

theolivebranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 24.11.10 21:11

Joana Morais has without doubt been one of the cornerstones of bringing people together to discuss the case and disseminating crucial information within forumland. And as Kate McCann would say, it is with a heavy heart that one sees some groups and individual supporters standing divided over issues which do not pertain to Madeleine herself.

One does not have enough knowledge of Portuguese law or customs to be able to understand how any groups or individuals could damage Amaral's case in Portugal, but would savour the moment when all these groups and individuals allow themselves to become more cohesive in working together or alongside each other. As it is now, some people still have to decide which groups or factions they wish to support, lest they feel they are being disloyal. One has personally seen invitations from Amaral to members of The Madeleine Foundation and letters of thanks, so can therefore verify that Amaral is indeed grateful for any work they have done to date.

He has never returned any donations sent by the committee of The Madeleine Foundation, nor those donations made by individual supporters. One may therefore conclude that The Madeleine Foundation does not pose any problem to him or his counsel.

He is far too honourable to accept monies out of desperation. He would have continued in his job and waited to collect his own pension otherwise.

All posters with any minutes or hours to spare, should post in as many places as possible, and be made to feel as welcome as possible. Personal differences and downright dislike of other posters is as natural as it would be in the real world. Who has not despised their own MP, local councillor, their boss, a supervisor or even their own butler at some point in their life? It matters not whether we have a long-held hatred or a sneaking suspicion about a person we have only known through the internet.

Some of us may have known people prior to meeting them on the internet and still be carrying our own personal and past annoyances with us. One has always found Mitchell and Baggott to be utterly unbearable. Gamble has often given one a reason to go without breakfast after having seen his photograph peeping out of the newspaper and taking the tang out of one's marmalade.

What matters for Madeleine's sake, is that people should support all of those who are making the most noise and those who are making the furthest inroads into the hearts and minds of the public at large and petitioning and questioning the authorities

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum