The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scathing Comments following McCann article in Express

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scathing Comments following McCann article in Express

Post by Autumn on 21.11.10 13:04

KATE AND GERRY MCCANN GET HELP FROM JK ROWLING

JK Rowling helped Kate and Gerry McCann to secure their book deal

Sunday November 21,2010
By Sunday Express Reporter
Have your say(20)
JK Rowling helped Kate and Gerry McCann to secure their book deal, the Sunday Express can reveal.
The multi-millionaire Harry Potter writer suggested they use her literary agent Christopher Little who arranged a publishing deal with Transworld.
JK Rowling has been giving the McCanns support since their daughter disappeared in Portugal in May 2007 aged three.
FOLLOW THE EXPRESS ON TWITTER!
The author contributed to a reward for finding Madeleine and in July 2007 she arranged for posters of Madeleine to be made available to book retailers around the world .
Kate has already written 60,000 words, covering the period up to the couple’s heart-rending decision to return to Britain.
The book, titled Madeleine, will be published on April 28 next year to mark the fourth anniversary of her disappearance. Profits will go directly to the fund for finding Madeleine. GP Kate, 42, said: “My main reason for writing is simple – to give an account of the truth.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/212734/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-get-help-from-JK-Rowling-

Not one sympathetic comment for the McCanns. Some very interesting and informed posts so far.
The tags on the Amazon book pages tell us that the public don't believe them and I doubt that many will be interested in buying their book.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scathing Comments following McCann article in Express

Post by Guest on 21.11.10 13:12

Thanks Autumn

Just a few weeks/months ago, these comments would have been whooshed immediately, or not even seen the light of day, so it seems there seems to be a shift in the way way the papers are now allowing these comments

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 21.11.10 17:03

The majority of those are forum posters,I recognise the names.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tosca on 21.11.10 17:52

Maybe the newspapers are getting a back bone at long last and are edging toward a new dawn, re-arming themselves for the showdown with the McCanns to get the money they paid out back...but somehow I doubt it never mind

tosca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 21.11.10 21:11

@Rainbow wrote:The majority of those are forum posters,I recognise the names.

So? They are still people with opinions.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 21.11.10 22:27

Didnt say they werent,just that it is no great surprise to see those comments.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 21.11.10 22:50

@Rainbow wrote:The majority of those are forum posters,I recognise the names.

Yes Rainbow. They are the names of people who do not believe the McCanns. We post on all forums - in the hope that there will be justice for Madeleine.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 22.11.10 0:43

@Rainbow wrote:Didnt say they werent,just that it is no great surprise to see those comments.

No, no you didn't say "no great surprise to see those comments" you pathetic slug.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 22.11.10 1:59

There was some scathing comments in the Liverpool Echo, when the McCanns announced they were going to write a book. I never expected the "Echo" to print anything but favourable comments about the McCanns, maybe they too have woken up to the fact that the McCanns are 100% responsible for whatever has happened to Madeleine.

kathyBelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tosca on 22.11.10 7:03

@kathyBelle wrote:There was some scathing comments in the Liverpool Echo, when the McCanns announced they were going to write a book. I never expected the "Echo" to print anything but favourable comments about the McCanns, maybe they too have woken up to the fact that the McCanns are 100% responsible for whatever has happened to Madeleine.

About bloody time...I want to see a paper bloodbath again, this time culminating in the positive. clapping

tosca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 22.11.10 8:46

@tosca wrote:
@kathyBelle wrote:There was some scathing comments in the Liverpool Echo, when the McCanns announced they were going to write a book. I never expected the "Echo" to print anything but favourable comments about the McCanns, maybe they too have woken up to the fact that the McCanns are 100% responsible for whatever has happened to Madeleine.

About bloody time...I want to see a paper bloodbath again, this time culminating in the positive.

Tosca, out of 14 comments that were printed in the "Echo" only 2 of them support the McCanns. I hope that any of Kate McCann's family, who are taking handouts from the fund that was supposedly set up to find Madeleine, read these comments, the comments that are in the "Express" and other newspapers and hang their heads in shame.

At one time, it seemed that only internet users could make and read scathing comments about the McCanns on forums and message boards. Now the wider public, who don't have computers and want to register their disgust at the McCanns behaviour, are able to do so in newspapers, without fear of retribution. It seems that the newspapers, no longer fear being sued by the McCanns, because they are now printing scathing comments directed at the McCanns.

kathyBelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 22.11.10 8:54

[quote="kathyBelle"]I hope that any of Kate McCann's family, who are taking handouts from the fund that was supposedly set up to find Madeleine[quote]

Do you know that as a fact? Shocked

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 22.11.10 9:37

[quote="ufercoffy"][quote="kathyBelle"]I hope that any of Kate McCann's family, who are taking handouts from the fund that was supposedly set up to find Madeleine

Do you know that as a fact? Shocked

Hi Ufercoffy, go to the Joana Morais board and click on page 19 of the archives. Scroll down the page and you will come to a video with Clarence Mitchell on the front of it. The name of the video is "Clarence Mitchell, Spinning for the McCanns and for Jane Tanner.

If you watch the video, you will eventually come to a statement made by Clarence, where he says the fund is their to assist Kate and Gerry, in whatever way is necessary. He also says, that money donated by the public, was spent correctly and money that is now left in the fund is from settlements against the Express group and other media outlets and from supporters at fund raising events. He says that these supporters will be more than happy as supporters, to see the money spent in any way that assists the McCanns, their wider family and their investigators, in the search for Madeleine.

The video has already been put on to this forum.

By the way Ufercoffy, I would like to know what you think of Clarence's hairstyle and if you would recommend his hairstyle to your family and friends.

kathyBelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 22.11.10 9:45

I hadn't seen this video so thank you for directing me to it.

I think Clarence looks particularly...erm, er...dapper in this video...yes, dapper is the word. I LOVE his new fringe and I'm now going upstairs to my room to recreate one for my very self.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 22.11.10 10:20

@ufercoffy wrote:

I hadn't seen this video so thank you for directing me to it.

I think Clarence looks particularly...erm, er...dapper in this video...yes, dapper is the word. I LOVE his new fringe and I'm now going upstairs to my room to recreate one for my very self.

Ufercoffy, It's a pleasure.

Do post a picture of yourself when you create your new Clarence hairstyle, I'm sure you'll look as dapper as he does. I promise I won't laugh.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything. lol!

kathyBelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 22.11.10 10:32

Express comments now whooshed

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 22.11.10 10:34

@kathyBelle wrote:Do post a picture of yourself when you create your new Clarence hairstyle, I'm sure you'll look as dapper as he does. I promise I won't laugh.

It went a little wrong and now I fear I'll have to live like this for the rest of my life

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 22.11.10 10:41

@maebee wrote:Express comments now whooshed

How odd. What a pointless exercise.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy on 22.11.10 11:21

@kangdang wrote:
@Rainbow wrote:Didnt say they werent,just that it is no great surprise to see those comments.

No, no you didn't say "no great surprise to see those comments" you pathetic slug.

well who did say no great surprise to see those comments.......if it wasn't rainbow.....the post is there to see ...

i think the only pathetic slugs in this case are the mccs.....

it would serve themselves write if the express tried to reclaim the money it paid out........surly they could now the book of the police files ban has been overturned......

garfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tosca on 22.11.10 11:33

@ufercoffy wrote:
@kathyBelle wrote:Do post a picture of yourself when you create your new Clarence hairstyle, I'm sure you'll look as dapper as he does. I promise I won't laugh.

It went a little wrong and now I fear I'll have to live like this for the rest of my life

OMG tht's hysterical, absolutely wet myself laughing laugh laugh laugh

tosca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 22.11.10 17:40

@garfy wrote:
@kangdang wrote:

well who did say no great surprise to see those comments.......if it wasn't rainbow.....the post is there to see ...

i think the only pathetic slugs in this case are the mccs.....

it would serve themselves write if the express tried to reclaim the money it paid out........surly they could now the book of the police files ban has been overturned......

This is what Rainbow wrote
The majority of those are forum posters,I recognise the names

No, mention of "no great surprise". Rainbow is a pathetic slug, just "its" pal totje & chicane

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 22.11.10 18:27

Why the abuse for pointing out something so obvious? And dear kangdang as I have said before I dont know these people you keep referring to so why do you keep referring to them as if its supposed to mean something....very odd.

ETA please explain why I am pathetic and a slug? I thought this was a pleasant friendly board with no abuse allowed so why are you trying to spoil it? Do pm me if you wish to continue name calling.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 22.11.10 19:03

@ufercoffy wrote:

Ufercoffee. I nearly laughing at this picture.

kathyBelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum