The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate & William

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate & William

Post by Guest on 17.11.10 14:28

Will make a lovely couple, I really like Kate and I just hope that they will be allowed to enjoy themselves as much as they wish, without watching their P's & Q's too much.

I was disappointed to find out that Kate was given Diana's engagement ring. Although it is a very touching gesture, being the cynic that I am, I cannot help but think the Royals would do anything to produce another Diana to rake in the money and also hope that Diana is replaced once and for all.

What they forgot was, it is also Harry's Mother's ring and maybe it would have been better to allow both boys equally, to share those memories in a private place whenever they wished holding that ring.

But that's just me...

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate & William

Post by The Shelfstacker on 17.11.10 15:03

I think they make a lovely couple and wish them nothing but the very best on this next phase of their lives together.

I was in the crowd with some mates of mine outside the Old King Lud in Ludgate Circus, where we had been drinking all day, for Charles and Diana's wedding. I was in the crowd outside the Abbey with my wife for Diana's funeral and watched William and Harry walk behind their mother's coffin into church. I am definitely not a Royalist, I'm very much more in tune with Paul Weller's "The Whole Point Of No Return", but I suspect that with fifteen years on the clock ourselves and three lovely kids we'll be in the crowd again for William and Kate's wedding.

As to the ring, it was a very touching gesture. And as I understand it, the brothers had agreed between themselves that whoever got married first would have first refusal of the ring to give to their future wife.

The Shelfstacker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 17.11.10 15:15

I think the ring is a lovely gesture considering Princess Diana was going to be Queen and now so is Kate. I think it's fitting that she should have it and as it was said on the programme last night most jewellry in the royal family is passed down the generations. And why not, especially when the ring cost over £28,000. Why put it in a jewellry box out of sight?

Can't believe William said he took it to South Africa in his rucksack though

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.11.10 15:46

Nonentity wrote:

As to the ring, it was a very touching gesture. And as I understand it, the brothers had agreed between themselves that whoever got married first would have first refusal of the ring to give to their future wife.

Oh, well that's different then, I'm really pleased for both of them. Not everyone is a sentimental old thing like me, I know.

Your absolutely right Ufercoffy, there is no point in such a lovely piece sitting in a box somewhere being unappreciated.

I just cannot wait to see the dress and I do hope it will not be a Stella McCartney job.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum