The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The fridge

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The fridge

Post by AndyB on 22.05.14 19:28

I've had a look at the time machine and unfortunately there's nothing there. It seems that Gerry's blog was part of the front page of the official find Madeleine site, at least in its early days. I've looked at all the archives up to the end of July 2007 and there's no mention of "fridge" that I can see.

The blue circles represent days when an archive was taken http://web.archive.org/web/20070401000000*/http://www.findmadeleine.com

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 20:00

Shame, Andy. Thanks for trying.

Guess if the blog entry was wooshed within a day it's unlikely there'll be a screenshot anywhere.  nah 

Damn, I'm getting the feeling this elusive fridge may be critical to this. Wonder what tips are near to PdL and would Gerry have simply gone to the nearest one? I'm sure the PJ will have already realised that if they have the fridge they have the missing evidence they need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 22.05.14 20:47

Trying to find out who owned vista do mar, the villa they rented.  Some links I've read regards the fridge blog say that a portugese paper interviewed the owner & he mentioned the fridge.  It's not the hubbards, think they own an appt in the OC.

The mccannfiles site so far has only thrown up about the villa owner saying that new plants were out in the garden that the gardener didn't know anything about.

Something must be out there.  Search terms help? I'm exhausting them all.  How does it translate? Is there a portugese search engine I could try?

I don't like being defeated.

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 22.05.14 21:05

@Shhh wrote:Trying to find out who owned vista do mar, the villa they rented.  Some links I've read regards the fridge blog say that a portugese paper interviewed the owner & he mentioned the fridge.  It's not the hubbards, think they own an appt in the OC.

The mccannfiles site so far has only thrown up about the villa owner saying that new plants were out in the garden that the gardener didn't know anything about.

Something must be out there.  Search terms help? I'm exhausting them all.  How does it translate? Is there a portugese search engine I could try?

I thought the owners of the villa were Andrew and Isabel Hubbard. I have to nip out so can't look at the moment.

Okay, here is a link.

http://steelmagnolia-mccannarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/hubbardsthe-fridge-freezer-was-it-myth.html.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 22:09

@Shhh wrote:Trying to find out who owned vista do mar, the villa they rented.  Some links I've read regards the fridge blog say that a portugese paper interviewed the owner & he mentioned the fridge.  It's not the hubbards, think they own an appt in the OC.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t7235-gerry-mccann-hits-out-at-book-claims

If GM mentioned and whoosed the fridge in his blog of 24 May, they wouldn't have been in the Vista Mar villa, but still living in the second apartment in the Mark Warner complex. They stayed there until the 1st July when they moved to stay rent-free as guests of the Portuguese government in the first villa owned by Antonio Pina. They had to leave this villa after the dogs' findings prompted the government to decided they were no longer welcome as guests at the beginning of August.

So the fridge was removed from an Ocean Club apartment? It's possible as many were privately owned like that of Mrs Fenn. So is it conceivable that a full size fridge and/or freezer was available in a holiday let? Or is it possible that the fridge/freezer in question was situated at another location and it's usage 'borrowed' from an accomplice?

Surely Gerry wouldn't have replaced a Mark Warner fridge? Or, if the apartment was sublet by MW was it the true owner that questioned it's removal? I remember reading somewhere about an apartment being offered for rent 'with a new fridge' or words to that effect. Should it be the owner of this second OC apartment in the block next to 5A we are trying to locate?

ETA, just read your link, Hicks. Yes, looks like the Hubbards owned the apartment in question and mentioned the new fridge! Fridge-FREEZER, in fact, which would make more sense with regard to keeping a body for some time.

All speculation and supposition, as ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 23.05.14 15:18

Thank you both.  I'm getting close to giving up

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 23.05.14 15:46

Was the apt in question 5J?

As covered here 
http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5671-dogs-more-dogs-fridges-and-apartments

Too much rotting meat being left or carted around PDL for my liking.  

Temporary hiding place leaving a stench, try covering your tracks with rotting food, later dispose of the "faulty" fridge.

All IMHO

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AuldWan on 23.05.14 16:06

The fridge story appeared in the Irish Daily Mail.  I'm not sure how easy it is to find newspaper archives but surely a library, maybe the British Newspaper Archives could provide an answer?  The story seems to have been completely erased from the internet not so easy to get rid of hard copy.

AuldWan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 23.05.14 16:18

@AuldWan wrote:The fridge story appeared in the Irish Daily Mail.  I'm not sure how easy it is to find newspaper archives but surely a library, maybe the British Newspaper Archives could provide an answer?  The story seems to have been completely erased from the internet not so easy to get rid of hard copy.

just checked out Collingdale but no luck, perhaps one of our irish posters could take a look in the local library

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 23.05.14 16:50

I believe the newspaper archives at kew burnt down.

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 23.05.14 17:02

Unfortunately the Irish Daily Mail digital archives at the library at the uni where I work only go back to 2012 :-(

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AuldWan on 23.05.14 17:17

canada12 you posted on another thread your recollection of what you remembered of the fridge story and it was definitely in-line with what the Irish Daily Mail printed.

AuldWan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 23.05.14 17:36

@AuldWan wrote:canada12 you posted on another thread your recollection of what you remembered of the fridge story and it was definitely in-line with what the Irish Daily Mail printed.

Ah, good. I knew my memory wasn't faulty :-)

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 23.05.14 17:37

But even if posts from blogs etc are deleted, I thought it was still possible to trace things once they have appeared publicly on the internet? 

Or is it all to do with getting hard drives and so on?

If Gerry did dispose of a fridge at a dump. Then there are quite likely to have been witnesses to that. Staff that work at these places are often quite like hawks - homing in on anything that much have some value or interest rather like vultures. 

Plus hard evidence in the form of a fridge! Those things don't disappear over night. 

Who-ever owned the apartment would know all about the disposal of a fridge. And it's a difficult and bulky thing to get into a car, so someone may have seen Gerry do this or even helped him.  Plus, if the fridge was disposed of, who sold, delivered and installed the new fridge? There would be evidence of this too, plus possible eye-witnesses.

If the following in correct, then it is highly unlikely there is no record of it. When I used to work on newspapers, records were kept of every single news-story that ever appeared in the national press. The copies were called 'cuts' and you would get them from the library and use them to provide background information for news stories. Also, staff from the paper might well remember this story appearing. 

The fridge story appeared in the Irish Daily Mail.  I'm not sure how easy it is to find newspaper archives but surely a library, maybe the British Newspaper Archives could provide an answer?  The story seems to have been completely erased from the internet not so easy to get rid of hard copy.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 23.05.14 17:58

MO's words also stuck in my head. This from his rog about searching that night:

"..........  erm, and so we ran out on that, I think this road unfortunately is called, erm, which road is it, Cemetery Road I think it's calledI seem to remember noticing it because it seemed like a horrible, I think it’s this bit here".     ( A horrible what, I wonder. He doesn't enlarge on it)

4078 "It covers quite a lot of area".

Reply "You're basically out on, I think this is Cemetery Road or one of these roads and it just takes you out down the coast and there's lots of new build sort of resorts going up
".
---------------------

I street googled Cemetery Road (Rua do cemiterio) some time back and I was surprised that the street sign was so small. It being dark, and he being in rush-round-in-headless-chicken-mode, I was  amazed he noticed it, let alone recalled it a year later at Leicester. The street google also showed a big dumpster at the entrance to the cemetery.

Cemetery Road! Good grief, you just could not make that up. Priceless. But it is a little odd that MO should actually mention the name of this road given that the idea was that they were searching for an alive child. So why is this a 'horrible coincidence?' That as good as tells the police that MO knows that Madeleine is either already dead or will by dying some time soon. He simply wouldn't have flagged that up otherwise, imo.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 23.05.14 18:03

@j.rob wrote:But even if posts from blogs etc are deleted, I thought it was still possible to trace things once they have appeared publicly on the internet? 
Sometimes yes. If they've been archived here before they are deleted: http://archive.org/web/

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 23.05.14 22:31

@AndyB wrote:
@j.rob wrote:But even if posts from blogs etc are deleted, I thought it was still possible to trace things once they have appeared publicly on the internet? 
Sometimes yes. If they've been archived here before they are deleted: http://archive.org/web/
Okay, thanks. Is the exact date that the article appeared in the paper, known?  There will be someone, somewhere who has a hard copy.

But back to MO rogatory:

Reply "You're basically out on, I think this is Cemetery Road or one of these roads and it just takes you out down the coast and there's lots of new build sort of resorts going up[/i]"

So - Cemetery Road takes you out down (to) the Coast and there's lots of new build 'sort of' resorts going up.

All very informative, in it's own way.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 on 24.06.14 8:18

Apparently Gerry mentioned in his blog that he took a fridge to the dump. 

When was this? I'm can't find it , anyone got the Blog entry stored away somewhere?

It seems strange. If you wanted to take a fully working fridge and hide it somewhere, how would you account for it disappearing, say you dumped it?

DurhamGuy1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The fridge

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 24.06.14 8:30

I can't understand why anyone would go to the bother of disposing a fridge from a holiday let. Isn't it the job of the owner of the property?

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey on 24.06.14 8:39

@Dont Make Me Laff wrote:I can't understand why anyone would go to the bother of disposing a fridge from a holiday let. Isn't it the job of the owner of the property?
My educated guess is that you would only dispose of someone else's fridge if it possibly contained some kind of incriminating evidence.

fossey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the fridge

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 24.06.14 8:42

exactly fossey

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 on 24.06.14 8:48

Why would he openly say something that was such a red flag in his blog? 

I'm not sure the fridge was dumped at all. 

I wonder if it was a cover storey to account for a fridge disappearing yet still being plugged in and on or another fridge being bought.

When was the entry in the blog?

DurhamGuy1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 24.06.14 8:49

Speculation only on my part, but :

I believe the blog was used as a means of communication to a third party.  I remember reading the fridge reference, now whooshed.  I think it more likely it was a message to somebody, as opposed to Gerry actually wandering around PDL with a fridge.

Just my opinion.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.06.14 8:49

I'm pretty sure from the previous pages that, though many people are convinced that they read one of Gerry's blogs about a fridge being disposed of, there is now nothing to corroborate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by End on 24.06.14 12:00

I remember the fridge blog too.

Also mentioning fridges, there is a pic of a couple on a beach, not very clear. But when I zoom in at 400%, it looks to me like: despite how stupid this may sound :)

A woman standing to the left of the pic, her side profile looking at a man, who is either hunkered down with the weight on his back, or sitting on a rock with something resembling a white fridge on his back :)...it appears this white object is contained in a black bag, but the upper end of it is revealed....the bag is not big enough. You can see the white outline of something square above his back.
I never bothered to post this before, cause I was just waiting to see if anyone else could see it too.

End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum