The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Worlds'oldest mother considering having another child

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds'oldest mother considering having another child

Post by Guest on 13.11.10 20:18

Health News

Mother, aged 72, considering a sibling for her five-year-old daughter

A 72-year-old woman who gave birth aged 66 is considering having another child and becoming the world’s oldest mother once again.

Adriana Iliescu became the world's oldest mother in January 2005 when she gave birth to Eliza Photo: BARCROFT

By Rebecca Lefort 11:16AM GMT 13 Nov 2010

Comments

Adriana Iliescu said fertility trials in England involving a 70-year-old woman had inspired her to believe that it would be possible for her to have another child.

The Romanian became the world’s oldest mother in January 2005 when she gave birth to Eliza, but she has since been beaten in the record books by Rajo Devi, a 70-year-old Indian woman whose daughter was born in November 2008.

Ms Iliescu, a writer and part-time university lecturer in Romanian literature, who lives with Eliza in a two-bedroom flat in Bucharest, told The Daily Mail: “Medically, it’s possible. I understand there are trials going on with a 70-year-old woman in England, so it could be done. I am fine and healthy and I think it would be possible to have another child in the future, but I’m not in a rush at the moment.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8130935/Mother-aged-72-considering-a-sibling-for-her-five-year-old-daughter.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Worlds'oldest mother considering having another child

Post by Rainbow on 13.11.10 20:52

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurie on 07.01.11 18:20

That woman will maybe not live to see the child she already has grow up so why the heck would she want another baby? Words fail me i am afraid

Actually it is sick imo

laurie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 07.01.11 18:29

Good luck to her if she can conceive the child naturally.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch on 07.01.11 19:40

In my opinion she isn't considering the resulting child and it's future, it's just something that she wants to do.

theolivebranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 07.01.11 21:14

Romanians typically have incredibly strong and supportive family networks, I am sure the mother and children are well looked after. No doubt this will continue in the mother's death.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 07.01.11 21:52

There is no way I would bring a life into the world knowing that I wouldn't be there to take responsibility for it until it was old enough to fend for itself. I don't think it would be fair on the child having to face my death. I would rather look after other peoples children who cannot live in their own homes for one reason or another.
That is me though, this lady obviously thinks differently.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.01.11 6:22

@kangdang wrote:Good luck to her if she can conceive the child naturally.

Did she conceive the last one naturally?

I wouldnt have thought so.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.01.11 6:26

@kangdang wrote:Romanians typically have incredibly strong and supportive family networks, I am sure the mother and children are well looked after. No doubt this will continue in the mother's death.

Things have changed even in Romania although maybe at a slower pace.

But I would imagine she has family networks to rely on ...if she's thinking of another sibling for Eliza.

Leaving her money without family network is useless if she's only young and not independent.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum