The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

FIND MADELEINE FUND - NO STONE UNTURNED - All reports here

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FIND MADELEINE FUND - NO STONE UNTURNED - All reports here

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 23.09.11 20:02

@Smokeandmirrors wrote: Surprising that the substantial family home has not been downsized in order for the McCanns to be able to add more to the fund from their own pockets.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

taxes and fundraising dinners

Post by tigger on 23.09.11 20:08

Molly wrote:Just a thought, wondering if HM Revenue are happy with the audited accounts. There have been many comments relating to the lack of disclosure, I am sure that a once over from the Revenue would be very reassuring big grin

I just read the post on the fundraising dinner in 2010. Happy days! I'm pretty sure they can't do that anymore, doubt very much if there are many celebrities left to take part.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.09.11 10:52

@Cherry wrote:Sunday January 17,2010
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohla
MCCANNS' STAR-FILLED PARTY TO BOOST FUND -EXPRESS
DEFIANT Kate and Gerry McCann will mark the 1,000th day since their daughter disappeared with a celebrity packed £150-a-head fundraising dinner and auction at a top London venue. {Heavily Snipped}
Money will be raised through ticket sales and a charity auction. Half the profits, expected to exceed £100,000, will go to Madeleine’s Fund, which currently stands at about £400,000, with the other half split between two other charities.
A close friend of the McCanns, who live in Rothley, Leicestershire, said: “Kate and Gerry are hoping to raise as much money as possible to help them and two other charities.

I had missed the calculations here.
1 The celebs paid £ 150 a head to attend. Much of that would be for venue, food, champagne, New Zealand Chardonnay and so on. There might be £ 20 a head left over for the cause, though that is unlikely.

"Half the profits, expected to exceed £100,000.."
100,000 / 180 = £ 555, so everyone there has to chip in 150 PLUS 555, an average of £ 700.

2 "A close friend of the McCanns, who live in Rothley, Leicestershire, said: “Kate and Gerry are hoping to raise as much money as possible to help them...".
Their close friends and family, and spokesmen really have a way with words, don't they.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

fund

Post by russiandoll on 25.09.11 14:02

Do the pair ever publish information about what they are doing to actively search for their missing daughter? Please direct me to a site where i can find this info as I have never heard or seen any evidence that the fund is being used for its stated purpose.

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 25.09.11 14:23

@russiandoll wrote:Do the pair ever publish information about what they are doing to actively search for their missing daughter? Please direct me to a site where i can find this info as I have never heard or seen any evidence that the fund is being used for its stated purpose.

Under law they do not have to as are Directors of a Limited Company by Guarantee (usually used by some charities and bowling clubs etc). They have to disclose no more information to the public than BP, Shell, M & S though to Companies House.

The fact that the McCanns' say in their website they have appointed a fund administration to ensure the "highest standards of transparency and accountability" apparently means no more either - as they are transparent in terms of tax (I.E. VAT, Corporation tax) etc. They don't mean transparent to their poor "donors" who are holding bring and buy sales, getting their kids to empty their piggy banks etc. As financially supporting the McCann family is part of the 3 initial main aims then the are not breaking the law legally (morally - they should be strung up) IMO!

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.10.11 19:07

Not sure if this is anything you havent seen before, but it is a statement from CM.

The primary objective of the fund, a not-for-profit company, was to help efforts to find Madeleine, but it can also provide financial support for her parents to cope with the stress, he said.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Madeleine McCann parents | NowPublic Photo Archives http://www.nowpublic.com/crime/madeleine-mccann-parents#ixzz1ZpzvVi6H

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 10.12.15 13:20

I can see that the No Stone Unturned Fund has had a change of address. It is now:

10 Queen Street Place
London EC4R 1BE

There are more than 20 businesses listed within this postcode

Anyone interested, here is the link:

http://www.192.com/places/ec/ec4r-1/ec4r-1be/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum