The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A journey to Africa via Harlow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A journey to Africa via Harlow

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.10.10 21:36

Warwick Cairns is an author and has just written a book which features, inter alia, buildings in Harlow Town Centre. His e-mail promoting his book is below in red. It is not very often that Harlow gets a mention, and if it does, it's usually about it being a boring New Town full of Essex girls and chavs.

I know Warwick, who works in market research, as we are both members of British Weights and Measures Association. His last book, 'About the Size of It', which is about weird and wonderful measuremens, was very successful.

Here's his blurb, you can e-mail him:

Warwick Cairns warwickcairns@mac.com

Sent: Thu, 28 October, 2010 17:23:19

Subject: New Book

Dear all - a quick note about my new book - the ebook version is out now, for free

Here's a short note I've been emailing to people. Feel free to forward it on!

Best wishes

Warwick

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Those of you who know me may know that I've got a new book coming out, published by HarperCollins.

The 'real' thing doesn't come out for another 6 months - but we're doing a FREE digital launch first. Starting today.

For the next month only you can download the full ebook for iPhone, iPad, Kindle or any other ebook reader, for nothing.

It's called In Praise of Savagery and it's about "A journey to the heart of Africa. Via Harlow," as the dust-jacket puts it. It's about adventure, camels, savage murder, the buildings of Harlow Town Centre and getting slightly tipsy on poor-quality sherry, amongst other things.

So if you have and iPhone or an iPad, just open the iBooks app on your device (it's a free app if you haven't already got it), go to Store (top right) and type in my name or the book's name. If you have a kindle, go to the Kindle store and search for it.

As I say, it's free. Everyone's welcome to have it - and the more copies you download, the higher the book goes in the charts. If you don't like it, come and see me and I'll give you your money back.

Warwick

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A journey to Africa via Harlow

Post by Big Vern on 28.10.10 21:43

Glen Hoddle and Rik Mayall are from Harlow aren't they?

Big Vern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Harlow: Nerve centre of optical fibre communocations

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.10.10 22:06

@Big Vern wrote:Glen Hoddle and Rik Mayall are from Harlow aren't they?
Don't know about Mayall, but Hoddle is happy to acknowledge that he developed his football skills on the school playing fields of Harlow.

I hasten to add that he didn't learn his football management skills in Harlow.

On the road signs entering Harlow, the strap-line below says: 'The place where optical fibre communications were invented'.

As Michael Caine is thought to have said, but never did: 'Not a lot of people know that'.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum