The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Judge Mental on 24.10.10 7:26

Amaral has spent three and a half years being taunted by the Tapas 9 and the machine which surrounds them. He has been villified by the British media acting on press releases devoid of any credibility. He resigned from the job he loved and the position he had worked to achieve.

What amount of money would you consider to be a fair amount with which to compensate this man and his family for the defamation, libel, stress, harrassment and loss of income etc.

How much should he sue the press for?
How much should he seek from the BBC for the allegation that he had said, ''Fuck the McCanns.'' when he clearly did not?
Do Leicester police owe Amaral a public apology and compensation for withholding evidence?

Most importantly, how much should he sue the McCanns for?

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 79
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by aiyoyo on 24.10.10 8:14

For every penny they've got now plus every penny they'll get in future in terms of earnings and pensions.
Literally everything right down to the shirt off their backs, because that was what they wanted off him wasnt it?
They'd wanted him and wife to spilt assets so that they could get their hands on it.

The laughable thing is there are 5 plaintiffs named on the litigation, but legally and feasibily Amaral can only countersue 2 of them being the adults, as its pointless and senseless to claim from young children, yet those children's names were allowed to be entered in the litigation suit.

Alternatively Amaral should look at loss of earnings and pensions from premature retirement, loss of earnings from sales of book, compensation for mental stress and compensation for defamation. The first two probably can be computed out but the latter two are immeasurable values in terms of the mental stress and by connection health stress to him &family so really any figure within the mccanns means should be named.
Even if they were to sell their house it would no way be enough to compensate Amaral for the way they smeared his reputation, bayed for blood and wanted their pound of his flesh.

He should reciprocate in equal measures - 'an eye for an eye' -- can't be any fairer than that!

I suppose the final consolation would be if they were strike off the medical register so that no one should be subjected to treatment from children neglectors.

As for the press, the sky is the limit, depending on how badly they bashed him.
He should seek compensation in equal measures as they dozed out.
The heavier the baton the heavier the compensation is only fair and square.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Judge Mental on 24.10.10 9:09

thinking

And were Kate McCann ever to don a bathing costume, as suggested by one their mentors in the past, would it be fair to say that any monies gleaned from such a monstrous exercise would also be deemed sauce for the gander?

Not that we would be expecting much more than ten guineas of course shhhh


Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 79
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by ufercoffy on 24.10.10 11:04

Bitter Sweet Victory…


October 24, 2010 — Bren





This week brought us the news that the “Truth of the Lie” book written by Goncalo Amaral about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann can be returned to the shelves and can be sold again along with the documentary made.

Yes this is a victory for “free speech” and a victory for Goncalo Amaral who has suffered tremendously at the hands of the McCanns, their friends, their family. He has been vilified, had his assets frozen, been through stress I doubt many of us will ever have to endure, and finally he can clear his name. He can tell his story.

News is gradually reaching the forums and blogs that apart from the temporary injunction being overturned the McCanns are going to have to pay for “all the costs” of the injunction and appeals. Some will say that is poetic justice within itself, but the two people that will suffer are not the McCanns, it will be the twins, unless someone steps in and picks up the tab.

Yes the McCanns did not have to pursue this in court, it was their choice, but it was done in the name of the twins and they will be the ones later in life that will read all about it. The twins, apart from having to come to terms with losing their sister, they could now be forced to lose the only other security they have known, their home.

Yes many will say, but the McCanns did not care when they used other people’s children and exposed them to the media, the McCanns did not care which missing child case they got their names attached to. But the point is this, does that give us, as a human race, the right to make their children fair game because of what they did to other children?

Put it this way, just because you could be the victim of a burglar does that give you the licence to burgle their home? How can we be advocates of child protection when we are prepared to exclude two children from protection because of the actions of their parents? Just because the actions of their parents put other children at risk and in the limelight and other families facing press intrusion, I feel personally that that does not give me the right to do the same to Sean and Amelie. Just because their parents paraded them in front of the media to suit their cause, does not make them fair game, in my eyes.

As for what happens to the McCanns I don’t care, but the twins are innocent, even though their parents dragged them into this, they don’t deserve to suffer. Just because the McCanns did not care what happened to Goncalo Amaral, his wife or his children, I do hope that his desire for vengeance for being wronged does not outweigh his principles and morals.

Nobody could blame him if he took them to the cleaners, because they did not care what his family had to endure, when they thought they were on the winning end, but I just hope that his desire for the truth will be his greatest asset rather than the financial assets he could receive. No amount of money will ever take away the pain and grief him or his family have had to endure, but one thing the McCanns could do and I would love him to ask for, and that is for a public apology in the form of a press conference in the UK. That is poetic justice to watch the McCanns have to admit they were wrong to do what they did and for them to have to say sorry.




But what about this little girl, has justice been served? Because from where I am sitting nobody is facing the proper courts over what happened to her. Her parents are not having to face courts for putting her in harms way. Because no matter how you look on this, they were ultimately responsible for Madeleine safety and their actions had played a contributory factor into the fate that bestowed her. They were the ones that walked out of that apartment and left her to defend herself.

So where is her justice today? All the books, all the TV appearances, all the film rights in the world will not bring the person/persons responsible for harming Madeleine to a Court to face a Judge/Jury and pay their debt to society for harming an innocent child should they be found guilty. The only thing we know with certainty is that Madeleine did not harm herself, someone harmed her and someone is walking around today a free person. And that is wrong. The case should be re-opened, the whole investigation started from scratch and the parents, their friends and their family should be re-interviewed, that is the only way for justice in this case to be brought, not through suing, counter suing and whatever else people decide to do. Madeleine needs justice, not in a civil court but in a criminal court……because someone committed a crime on May 3rd 2007.

So yes it is a bitter sweet victory, because we are still no closer today to finding out what happened to Madeleine Beth McCann than we were 3 years ago and no closer to finding the person who harmed her and where she is today. If as the Police and many suspect, she is no longer alive, that poor child has not even been laid to rest with the dignity and respect she so deserves.



http://headlines-today.co.uk/2010/10/24/bitter-sweet-victory/#more-13537

ufercoffy

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by littlepixie on 24.10.10 11:13

I don't think anyone is making the twins fair game, I know I'm certainly not. If Mr Amaral sues the McCanns it is unlikely they will be forced to sell their house it doesnt work like that in the UK.

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Guest on 24.10.10 11:20

I think the question should be "Should Mr. Amaral sue the McCanns?"

In reality of course he should sue, he has lost earnings, through sales of his book, and being forced to retire early from the job he loved, he and his family have gone through immense stress, and has been vilified by the press. Any human being going through that would want recompense and justice. I certainly wouldn't blame them.

However, just looking at this another way, will the eye for and eye stretegy not backfire? Can you imagine the headlines in this country and elsewhere if he does? Can you imagine the pink spin being given all around the world, which we know is the only version that gets printed. I can just see the headlines "Maddie cop leaves the McCanns penniless". Does it matter, you will probably say, he is already been made to look the bungling disgraced cop etc. But doing this now, will imo only make the press attack him more, and we know many many people believe what they read in the press. It is a natural and human reaction to want to retaliate when you have been hurt. But Mr Amaral is a calm and measured man, does he really want to get embroiled in such a battle. Money isn't everything, health and happinness is. He already has the book ban overturned, and they will without doubt sell like hot cakes, when extra chapters are added, and if it is sold here in the UK. So you could say the banning of this book, may in fact have done him some good in that respect. The book before the ban had been out a long time and had reached peak sales and was probably going to stop selling eventualy. Now with a couple of extra chapters it will re-invigorate it, and it will sell loads more copies. He will go on to add more books I'm sure and make a good living. He is already a celebrity as such in this case, his name is well known, and he will now be able to go ahead and do more interviews etc.

A great injustice has been done to him, but sometimes retaliation is not the best way it can sometimes bring more problems and stress. After all he might not even win such a case. That in itself would make things a whole lot worse imo.

I always look at these things logically and calmly, and try to see how a scenario could pan out, and imo this scenario could go either way for him, and is it worth it? Let's face it the way things have been in the past with this case, he may not even win, and then he would be faced with costs etc never mind all the bad press.

If this case eventually comes to trial, and someone is charged in respect to the disappearance of Madeleine, then I think would be the time for Mr. Amaral to take action, and not before.

I will say one further thing, all the screaming, take the McCanns for everything they are worth is all well and good, and yes they tried to do that to Mr Amaral. It's a normal reaction when you are annoyed and angry. But let's not forget one thing, there are two small children involved here as well, they have done nothing to warrant this and do we really want them out on the street. My first reaction to this news about him suing was exactly the same, but on thinking about it, it may be fraught with danger? Sometimes knee jerk reactions are not the best, and need thinking about carefully.

Just another way of looking at it. I'll go and put my tin hat on now......................

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by mystique on 24.10.10 13:14

Hello to everyone.

Going back through your comments i must admit i read that what Mr Amaral said was "F**k the McCanns." However i have translated it and it ftands for force the McCanns, totally different to what others were saying.
As for Mr Amaral sueing the McCanns, can you counter sue? I am not up to speed on those issues so maybe someone can help out on those issues. I certainly would not like anyone to lose their houses because of what was wrote but if you spread lies and falsehoods you should receive some punishment.
Nobody knows what happened to little Madeleine except the one or the ones that did it, they know the real truth of what happened to her.

mystique

Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Shibboleth on 24.10.10 13:15

I agree with Candyfloss. He should sue, but only for an apology and costs. Or if he gets awarded anything, it should go to a childrens' charity or something.

Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Shibboleth on 24.10.10 13:15

@mystique wrote:Hello to everyone.

Going back through your comments i must admit i read that what Mr Amaral said was "F**k the McCanns." However i have translated it and it ftands for force the McCanns, totally different to what others were saying.
As for Mr Amaral sueing the McCanns, can you counter sue? I am not up to speed on those issues so maybe someone can help out on those issues. I certainly would not like anyone to lose their houses because of what was wrote but if you spread lies and falsehoods you should receive some punishment.
Nobody knows what happened to little Madeleine except the one or the ones that did it, they know the real truth of what happened to her.

Actually he said "fala com McCanns" which means "go speak to the McCanns".

Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by mystique on 24.10.10 13:19

I just went by what i read in print and on forums. Just shows do not trust anything or anyone really. Free your own mind of distractions and you will find whatever you are looking for

mystique

Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Rainbow on 24.10.10 16:22

@Shibboleth wrote:I agree with Candyfloss. He should sue, but only for an apology and costs. Or if he gets awarded anything, it should go to a childrens' charity or something.


Wasnt he supposed to be donating the profits from his book to a charity at one point?

Rainbow

Posts : 472
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : The Picket Fence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by ufercoffy on 24.10.10 16:43

@Rainbow wrote:
@Shibboleth wrote:I agree with Candyfloss. He should sue, but only for an apology and costs. Or if he gets awarded anything, it should go to a childrens' charity or something.


Wasnt he supposed to be donating the profits from his book to a charity at one point?

The McCann's are a charity aren't they?


ufercoffy

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by tiny on 24.10.10 17:31

i disagree,if Mr Amaral makes any money out of sueing the mccanns he should be able to do what he
likes with it,why the hell should he give it to charity,have the mccanns given anything to charity out of the money they got of off the papers to any charity apart from thier own and who gives a shite what the british press think, they have given Mr Amaral bloody hard time over the last 3 years so i sure he wouldnt worry what other shite they write about him.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by aiyoyo on 24.10.10 21:19

@Shibboleth wrote:I agree with Candyfloss. He should sue, but only for an apology and costs. Or if he gets awarded anything, it should go to a childrens' charity or something.

Unlike the mccanns, I dont believe Amaral's objective of the countersue was about monetary gain from that sort of process (court process I mean).

Its more about readdressing justice to his good name and to get certain facts out.
I think he's spoiling for court appearance to meet the mccanns face to face in UK Court where some of the facts in the process and dispatch can be aired in UK court and witnesses summoned so that UK public can benefit from the truth instead of being kept in the dark by mccanns.

Their master media controller can only do so much to control the press, because not all press are going to toe his line completely. Anyway reporting court's proceedings is not libellous. The thing I fear is if there is still an ongoing investigation, then such a court hearing may not be opened to the public for fear of jeopardising future trial. It will be interesting to see what pens out in that eventuality.

By the by, I see Bren is churning out her usual mantra using the twins as excuse that nothing should be done against the mccanns. For the life of me I cant understand what is her point really.
She used the twins as excuse against leaflet drop then this. Does she not realise material things and money are not the same as good honest value that the twins should be getting from their parents.
Quality of life is about right environment, having responsible and honest parents, right nurturing imparting right and upright good honest and moral values as fundamentals for the twins so that they can bank on it for their adult lives. Happiness and peace of mind is not begotten by money or size of house or whatever material things one have.

For crying out loud, by Bren's logics those living in smaller houses or council housing or for that matter people in resources poor country cannot be happy or have qualities in their lives. Qualities are not restricted to materials, they are about having proper principles and values, and appreciation of nature, environment, society, fraternity and deference for fellow beings.

According to her the twins will suffer if their parents were sued off their pants - what utter bollock!
I dont know what planet she's on...she has been bleating on about the twins ever since the big fall outs from 3as mod mansion. It's as if she's suddenly inflicted with a minor version of the maccanns-disease bb1 suffers from.
Materially poorer is nothing compared to richness of mind and happiness in being good honest upright citizens.
It's not a sin to be financially poor or to live poorly. Its a sin to live a life of financial riches derived from sinfully earned money such as that earned from suing others for no valid reason other than to maintain a pretendy innocent, which was what their parents were aiming for when they sued Amaral.

The twins' parents had wanted everything Amaral got. Did the mccanns consider Amaral's children?
What gives Bren the right to bleat on about the twins interests as if she was their aunt. She thinks she knows best about the twins interest...has she questioned whether the twins would prefer to live a simple life in a simple home yet be free and happy without the materials trappings, or would they rather live in a big mansion full of skeletons in the closet and being weight down by their parents past wrongful deeds against others, and their mansion or materially rich environment is available to them just because their parents were successful in maintaining a lie.

Come on, let's be fair...mccanns' motive and Amaral's are two different thing altogether.
It was the mccanns who started this! Can anyone seriously blame Amaral for getting redress and/or compensation for his and family sufferings under the mccanns hands? Dont forget he's already paid out of his pocket for defence cost plus he was the one suffering lost of earnings from premature retirement and temp injunction on the book. The mccanns had forced him into a corner, and he has now just about able to breath, and came out fighting for his rightful dignity cruelly thwarted by vindictive farcists, and to maintain his rightful right to freedom of expression of thoughts without being suppressed by a pair of farcists. I think he's right to strike back and strike back in the manner he deems best fitted to redress the sufferings inflicted upon him.

What have the mccanns spent so far? Nothing, zilch, not a cent of their money. Everything is paid out of the Fund and remind me where did the fund come from? From goodhearted people to be used for search for Maddie, not for bloody mccanns to sue Inspector because they have a personal vendetta or use it to issue legal threatening letters to people just to suit their purpose.

Of course he should counter sue the mccanns - in fact the mccanns brought it on themselves and they well deserved to be brought to task for their irresponsible action taken out of greeds. If it was not because of their greed, what did Bren think the mccanns did it for? About their right to live in peace? The judges in their wisdom had decided the mccanns themselves abandonned that when they keep a high profile in the media - they voluntarily gave up that right - they can't have it both ways. They open themselves to discussions be it to their advantage or to their detriment.

If it was not about money, why dont they just go away, hide in their corner, and hope the furore generated by their media publicity would die down and over time people will forget about them. It's all about their begging bowl, that's why they demanded such an astronomical amount, going even to the extent of forcing Amaral's spouse to divide assets even before the defamation trial is heard. Had they considered Amaral's children in their insatiable thirst for money? If the search for Maddie was so important to them why dont they downsize and use their own money? Blimkey heck! Would the twins be happier to have their sis back but live in a smaller place, or is it still so important for them to live in a big place but without their sis? What sort of person compare material things to a possible return of a human life?

The mccanns were motivated by their greeds and vindictiveness. They should be taught a lesson they cant dictate to investigator what to think or how to investigate or what to write or not to write, and for that matter what the UK public are allowed or not allowed to read.

The mccanns dont rule planet earth, why should they be let off for some hideous crime they were suspected of -- alright Bren likes to play that 'innocent until proven guilty card' despite the dogs telling us otherwise for reasons known only to her, which is fair enough, but using the twins as excuse for this and that and using them as pawn to go easy on their parents is crazy. The twins are not ransom notes. Ok, granted even that is besides the point, what gives mccanns the god damn right to trample on people's life just because they didnt like what they hear. Then they should bloody well answer the questions, cooperate voluntarily and get themselves properly eliminated. They cant stop free thinking or free expression of thoughts.

Bren is very entitled to her views but honestly I'm getting sicked to my backteeth about her bleating on about the twins using them as excuse for this and that. Hey no one is touching them. This is about their parents. Their parents actions have an impact on their lives. Had their parents considered them in the first place they wouldnt conveniently use their names to sue Amaral for million of euros.

Does anyone see Bren's blabbing as campaigning for the twins or about her keeping a certain profile in the forum world?

Who put the twins in that plight in the first place? their incorrigible, irresponsible and dishonest PARENTS!
Did their parents consider them when they left them alone in a foreign country and in the process lost one of them?
Did their parents consider them when they used their names conveniently in the litigation suit?
Come on, if people were to compare like for like, if the twins (and a presumed dead child) have right to sue a police officer then by the same token does it mean Amaral can list his entire family and maybe a few generations (those who have suffered mental stress due to the mccanns litigation) in his suit against the mccanns?
Honestly if I were the twins I would rather live a carefree and happy childhood in a two up two down free than live in big mansion full of ghosts and shadows and afraid of the dark. As a child what would I know about material things - big house or small flat........it's what my parents and people surrounding me give me in support and TLC that are important. And when I become adult and able to fence for myself financially I would still prefer to live a simple and carefree life free of skeletons in the family closet than in a haunted mansion. In fact even if I were homeless I would still prefer it than a skeleton-loaded home where people around me live in lies and burden to death ridden with guilts.

What their parents done cannot be undone or rewritten. Their parent should provide them a safe loving and caring environment embedding in them honest and right moral values and that doesnt necessarily have to be take place in a bigger perimeter house.

I dont know why if the mccanns were to win no one expects them to give to chairty or tell them what to do with the money or for that matter how to spend it. Yet, conversely when it comes to Amaral people expects him to give it to charity. Beggar beliefs. Equally he should be entitled to do with it as he deems fit. For sure it wouldnt be spent on dodgy private dicks in pretendy search, that alone is a merit.

I honestly dont see Amaral in the same light as the mccanns.
Agenda loaded mccanns compounded by personal vendetta is not in the calibre as a good officer trying to regain his battered dignity - he was just unfortunate to have handled the mccanns case and met with such vindictiveness from them not because of anything but simply because he'd the audacity to expose their lies.
Not quite the same as the mccanns trying to chase back their innocence which 1000 wild horses couldnt bring back ever.

I dont begrudge that man his right to sue the pairs who made his and his family life hell just because their arguidos status was confered during his watch, and he refused to let them bury their lies.

Much as I wish he would go for the mccanns in the same manner they went for him, I doubt he would do that. He's too much decency to stoop to mccanns' level. Even if he were to prove me wrong, I still say he rightly deserves every cent he would ask from the mccanns - the mccanns brought it on themselves, I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by tiny on 24.10.10 21:31

good post ,you said it better than i did,remember brenda from the old 3a,s changes her mind like the wind,wouldnt trust her one iota

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by ufercoffy on 24.10.10 21:35

aiyoyo






ufercoffy

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Guest on 24.10.10 21:43

Good post aiyoyo

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by littlepixie on 24.10.10 21:45



Great Post!

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Judge Mental on 24.10.10 22:18

@mystique wrote:Hello to everyone.

Going back through your comments i must admit i read that what Mr Amaral said was "F**k the McCanns." However i have translated it and it ftands for force the McCanns, totally different to what others were saying.
As for Mr Amaral sueing the McCanns, can you counter sue? I am not up to speed on those issues so maybe someone can help out on those issues. I certainly would not like anyone to lose their houses because of what was wrote but if you spread lies and falsehoods you should receive some punishment.
Nobody knows what happened to little Madeleine except the one or the ones that did it, they know the real truth of what happened to her.

thinking

@ Mystique

What do you think it is that may be preventing them from telling us the real truth of what happened to Madeleine?

What punishment would you deem necessary for the spreading of all the lies and falsehoods?

Please be careful how you answer that question, Mystique, because Team McCann tend to get very touchy and threaten people with libel action if they feel somebody is slighting them in any way. However, one would be most interested in what you think about the Tapas 9 witness statements.


Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 79
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by aiyoyo on 24.10.10 22:48

@Judge Mental wrote:
@mystique wrote:Hello to everyone.

Going back through your comments i must admit i read that what Mr Amaral said was "F**k the McCanns." However i have translated it and it ftands for force the McCanns, totally different to what others were saying.
As for Mr Amaral sueing the McCanns, can you counter sue? I am not up to speed on those issues so maybe someone can help out on those issues. I certainly would not like anyone to lose their houses because of what was wrote but if you spread lies and falsehoods you should receive some punishment.
Nobody knows what happened to little Madeleine except the one or the ones that did it, they know the real truth of what happened to her.



@ Mystique

What do you think it is that may be preventing them from telling us the real truth of what happened to Madeleine?

What punishment would you deem necessary for the spreading of all the lies and falsehoods?

Please be careful how you answer that question, Mystique, because Team McCann tend to get very touchy and threaten people with libel action if they feel somebody is slighting them in any way. However, one would be most interested in what you think about the Tapas 9 witness statements.


I dont know how I missed mystique's post before?

So Mystique, who in your opinion is spreading lies and flasehoods? That sentence of yours is quite ambiquous to me.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by Judge Mental on 25.10.10 1:10

@ aiyoyo

Excellent post there at 9.19 pm clapping1

Regarding Mystique's post, one is sincerely hoping that this poster is referring to the Tapas 9 statements written up by the PJ, and not Amaral's book.

Myatique, may one say that one wholeheartedly agrees with you and that justice should prevail. What sort of punishment do you happen to have in mind? thinking

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 79
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral's Frozen Assetts

Post by kathyBelle on 25.10.10 9:33

Can someone please tell me, if Dr Amaral will now be able to access his assetts that were frozen, now that the ban on his book was overturned? Also if Dr Amaral is able to access his assetts and the McCanns apply to sue him, will his assetts be once again frozen.

Finally if Dr Amaral applies to sue the McCanns, will their assetts be frozen?

kathyBelle

Posts : 560
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by aiyoyo on 25.10.10 10:03

It would be interesting to know how the mccans are going to respond to the counter sue when it landed on their doorsteps.

They'd brought the twins into this litigation knowing full well that the final verdict can swing either direction. So the mcccanns have only to blame themselves for the current consequences, and the circumstances the twins found themselves in.

Did they really consider the negative impact for the twins should they lose?
Or was silencing a police inspector for their self perservation overriding factor for them?
I would say the latter is true, the twins were just shamelessly used into the bargain.

They had used the AG's final summation as their triumph-card that they were exonerated once too often.
They forgot who granted it them.
They were brazen beyond belief to have flashed this card in the faces of the very people who granted them this small mercy in the first place. Had they had any sense they should have taken this small mercy card run away with it and stay obscure.

But no, they were greedy - small mercy wasnt enough, they had to take on the Amaral or risked their non-action been viewed as 'admission of guilt.' They'd to flash this 'small mercy card' to the same system that granted them it in another attempt to exchange for a 'bigger mercy card.'
And, what did they get? Repercussions no less.

They went into this litigation (shameless dragging in the twins) with their eyes wide opened, in full knowledge that an adverse verdict would have dire consequences for them and the twins.

What is marvellous is they now no longer can flash their small mercy card as freely as they willed, which they did often ever ready especially to the UK public.
Now with the judges verdict, they might as well flash their 'self claimed exoneration card' down the toilet because no one is going to believe their exoneration mantra. This final verdict renders their triumph card absolutely worthless. The judges said their arguidos status was lifted because of lack of forensics to pinpoint the crime to the parents, and not necessary meaning that no crime had taken place in that apartment.

The judges conceded that a Police Inspector with 26years of experience in the field was within his right, based on evidence taken collectively, to conclude the death thesis so on and so forth, and that the inconsistences and lack of cooperation from the mccanns and friends for the reconstruction despite conditions accustomed to them meant that they did not voluntarily got themselves exonerated.

HOORAY to the wise judges.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by kathyBelle on 25.10.10 10:18

Hi Aiyoyo, excellent post.

Apart from initially saying they were furious, the McCanns have not said a word. Their mouthpiece Clarence Mitchell has also remained silent. Normally I would say "no news is good news" but having seen how the dastardly duo and their sidekicks operate, I'm feeling a bit twitchy.

kathyBelle

Posts : 560
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Money Should Amaral Sue The McCanns For?

Post by aiyoyo on 25.10.10 10:25

@kathyBelle wrote:Can someone please tell me, if Dr Amaral will now be able to access his assetts that were frozen, now that the ban on his book was overturned? Also if Dr Amaral is able to access his assetts and the McCanns apply to sue him, will his assetts be once again frozen.

Finally if Dr Amaral applies to sue the McCanns, will their assetts be frozen?

my attempt ok:

If his assets were frozen for purpose of defamation then I would have thought it would stay frozen until the trial is over, of course I stand corrected, unless other conditions come into the equation.

If this final verdict is a good indication of the predilection of the outcome of the defamation trial,
then maybe Amaral can use ban overturned to apply to unfreeze his assets in a similar way I believe the mccanns used the same basis (injuncion that is) to apply to freeze his assets.

I dont understand how the mccanns can apply to sue him on same basis.
They can however submit an appeal against this latest ruling, which according to their own portuguese lawyer it is virtually impossible to appeal the three judges final decision.

I believe its a question of time sooner rather than later that his assets will be unfrozen because the latest final verdict would have a strong impact for the defamation trial. That's why the total silence from team mccanns because they were stunned speechless by this outcome, which imo will go a long way to Amaral's favour in the defamation trial because he could cite the judges decision in his defence, which would carry considerable weight.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum