The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Mm11

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Mm11

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Regist10

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Empty What's in the urn on your mantlepiece?

Post by Jill Havern 05.10.10 13:42

40 questions posed by 'Sentinel' on the '3 arguidos forum'

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? What%27s+in+the+urn+on+your+mantlepiece

1. why did you dump the fridge?
2. why did you delete the reference in your blog?
3. who is the 10th tapas?
4. who arranged the private plane and where did it fly to?
5. is this your blue bag? (showing gerry the blue bag)
6. why did you say you didn't have one?
7. why does uncle john say he wasn't on holiday with you?
8. why does aunty nora say you had been here before?
9. why does Clarence Mitchell say he wasn't here on the 4th may?
10. what is your connection to castle craig?
11. why does robert murat deny that he picked kate up from chaplin's and took her home to his sofa?
12. what is your connection to malta?
13. just how many people called mccann can we connect to this?
14. have you ever eaten mccann oven chips? Do you deny that there is a connection?
15. just how many cuddle cats were there?
16. was cuddle cat old, new, from Jon Corner or what?
17. why did you turn the cleaners away on the 2nd may?
18. just how many nights were you in chaplins?
19. does gordon brown wear nappies (diapers)?
20. if you used the nissan micra to move the body, why did the dogs not smell anything?
21. why does Jill Renwick say that she wasn't on holiday with you?
22. Have you ever visited a volcano?
23. What's in the urn on your mantelpiece?
24. When did you visit the pet crematorium?
25. what happened to the syringe?
26. who hired the boat?
27. How did you get the creche Nanny to lie for you as M wasn't in the creche on the 3rd May?
28. How did you get phone numbers for Gordon Brown and Tony Blair?
29. How long did David Payne stay in the apartment on evening of 3 May?
30. Who was the man in the boat that Charlotte Pennington saw?
31. Where did you put the shower curtain?
32. What did you do with the bed-sheets?
33. Why did your father say you gave Valium to Madeleine?
34. Who left in a private jet on the 3rd May?
35. Why did you feel the need to photoshop the photo of Madeleine by the pool?
36. what is your relationship with bernie ecclestone?
37. Did you have a copy of the book No Stone Unturned at your villa?
38. Why with all the advice that it could be harmful to your daughter did you use her eye defect as a publicity strategy?
39. Why did you take Madeleine out for dinner before feeding her at home?
40. And who were the people you were having dinner with in the cafe which was on CCTV handed over by the manager?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Empty Re: What's in the urn on your mantlepiece?

Post by theolivebranch 07.10.10 21:06

Well looking at the photograph it looks a bit like a shrine to me for Madeleine.
From personal experience my mum had my dad's ashes in a small bronze urn, with his photograph by the side for many years. And requested that when she died that hers and daddy's ashes be taken to the cliffs of their favourite east coast resort and on a breezy day be scattered to mix together as the ashes went on the wind.
So yes I think that is a shrine, and the urn contains something pertinent to Madeleine.
And what a super list of questions.
theolivebranch
theolivebranch

Activity : 565

Back to top Go down

What's in the urn on your mantlepiece? Empty Re: What's in the urn on your mantlepiece?

Post by Clouseau 07.10.10 22:35

Evening all
its a Terramundi money pot ...later pics show it was removed big grin
Clouseau
Clouseau

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.10.10 10:24

A money pot with flower frame on one side and Maddie's photo on another side?

Looks more like a 'shrine' to me.

Anyway I like Sentinel concise questions, especially those ones about the shower curtain, bed sheets, and pet crematorium.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 08.10.10 11:12

From the mccanfiles

This shrine (above), which appears on the mantelpiece of the McCanns' family home in Rothley, curiously places a Terramundi money pot at its centrepiece. Madeleine's name is spelt out by what looks like a wooden train.

One would have expected something rather more sympathetic and sensitive from the McCanns in memory of Madeleine, who Kate described, in a letter to Paulo Rebelo, as 'the most precious thing in our life.'

Of course, these items may have some sentimental significance to Madeleine, of which we are unaware. But, even if that were the case, to place what, on first sight, appears to be an urn beside the precious 'last photograph' of Madeleine still seems ill judged and insensitive.

Terramundi money pots shopcreator

Tradition - Once the first coin is dropped the money pot must be fed until full upon which time it must be smashed whilst making a wish. It is customary to replace the pot and spend the money on 'good things', they bring good fortune.

(...) Each money pot contains a separate fortune card. Money pots hold approximately £200 in mixed silver.

The shrine at Kate's bedside in PDL

Shrine to Madeleine (2)

This rather more traditional-looking shrine was set up at Kate's bedside in the Vista Mar Villa, where the McCanns lived until they left Praia da Luz.

(sorry unable to C&P second shrine pic).

They both look like shrines to me, wonder who took the mantlepiece photo?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.10.10 11:26

hi Autumn,

I think that is a still from the documentary the McCanns made, in their home, I may be wrong though. If I remember the camera panned onto the mantlepiece, and this is a still from that film.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 08.10.10 11:32

Here's the link to mccannfiles where he mentions the shrines

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id231.html
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.10.10 13:12

If that is a shrine, what is in the urn?

How and when they managed to do that (you know)?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 08.10.10 13:16

If it is an urn, and one will use Rainbow's big 'IF' here, IF it is an urn it is despicably tasteless to have used a money box for the purpose. Especially since there are those who already believe that Madeleine has been consistently used as a money-spinner and cash cow.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbutty 08.10.10 13:45

As much as the 'hidden-in-plain-sight' notion appeals to one's sense of drama, I would think that the receptacle contains no more than a selection of what the McCanns love most, other people's money. Although the incongruity of having such a thing on a shrine is beyond words.

Looking at that shrine once again, the thing that strikes most is its clinical nature. Someone who had been emotionally engaged with the child would have included more intimate objects, such as her first drawing, or first little pair of shoes.
But it's so, so cold, even with a picture of (I presume), a sunflower.
One gets the impression that its creator had been leafing through Homes and Gardens magazine for some design ideas.
baconbutty
baconbutty

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 08.10.10 19:22

baconbutty wrote:As much as the 'hidden-in-plain-sight' notion appeals to one's sense of drama, I would think that the receptacle contains no more than a selection of what the McCanns love most, other people's money. Although the incongruity of having such a thing on a shrine is beyond words.

Looking at that shrine once again, the thing that strikes most is its clinical nature. Someone who had been emotionally engaged with the child would have included more intimate objects, such as her first drawing, or first little pair of shoes. or her colouring book, the one she used last - oh forgot, that was needed for a more important purpose
One gets the impression that its creator had been leafing through Homes and Gardens magazine for some design ideas.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch 08.10.10 19:41

baconbutty wrote:As much as the 'hidden-in-plain-sight' notion appeals to one's sense of drama, I would think that the receptacle contains no more than a selection of what the McCanns love most, other people's money. Although the incongruity of having such a thing on a shrine is beyond words.

Looking at that shrine once again, the thing that strikes most is its clinical nature. Someone who had been emotionally engaged with the child would have included more intimate objects, such as her first drawing, or first little pair of shoes.

Hello baconbutty, God I love those with brown sauce on thumbsup
I agree, this "shrine" is very Homes and Gardens and is totally lacking soul, it is just show. And I repeat, whatever is is that container is pertinent to Madeleine, poor little lass.
theolivebranch
theolivebranch

Activity : 565

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 08.10.10 21:32

Interesting and pertinent questions from Sentinel. I'm a bit puzzled about the 2 referring to John McCann and Jill Renwick as I don't recall it ever been suggested that either of them were on holiday with the McCann party 🇪🇭
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 08.10.10 23:26

He had been and come back by 9th May - dont know if he was there on the 3rd though.

Why would reporters suddenly "dream up" the story of Maddie being cremated at the pet crematorium and start harrassing the crematorium owner?
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.10.10 0:00

littlepixie wrote:He had been and come back by 9th May - dont know if he was there on the 3rd though.

Why would reporters suddenly "dream up" the story of Maddie being cremated at the pet crematorium and start harrassing the crematorium owner?

As in flown out there when after the incident happened?
That wouldnt be considered holiday.

pet crematorium deserves another look. Wonder what the police found, if anything at all.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.10 9:58

Here's a story about pet crem

Portuguese police swoop on pet crematorium in new Madeleine lead

Last updated at 16:27 21 September 2007

A Dutch criminal who cremates dead animals in a furnace behind his house told today how detectives had questioned him about the Madeleine McCann case.

Eef Hoos, 61, who spent almost eight years in jail for planting bombs in the Netherlands, was repeatedly asked by police if he had met Maddy's parents.
Hoos, who lives in a rundown but heavily fortified villa in remote mountains in the Algarve said officers had been taking photographs in his girlfriend's garden yesterday morning.
Scroll down for more
Eef Hoos, who runs a pet cremation service in Portugal

He went to his local police HQ to confront officers about the photographs, only to find himself asked about the McCann case.
Hoos said police want to inspect his rusty backyard incinerator this afternoon.
And he has been ordered to attend the police HQ on Monday for more questions.
Scroll down for more

The incinerators run by Eef Hoos on a farm around 20 miles from Praia da Luz
Madeleine McCann
Hoos said officers asked him about the McCann case during their visit.
He said: "Police asked me three times if I had spoken to the parents. I said I had not.
"But one said he had heard that I had spoken to the parents of the girl."
The Dutchman explained he earned his living as a debt collector but carried out animal incinerations as a sideline in furnaces on wasteland on the slopes below his house.
Following complaints about the smell he said he had closed down the furnaces in March this year but continued to carry out incinerations at a site in Lisbon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483006/Portuguese-police-swoop-pet-crematorium-new-Madeleine-lead.html#ixzz11qdaqiNDWhat's in the urn on your mantlepiece? 1FurnessLewisDM_468x384

And this from Pamalam from PJ files

2876 to 2937—PJ information regarding the Crematorium in Monchique along with information on Hoos Evert Hendrik
2876 – 2878 Hoos Evert Hendrik
11-Processos Vol XI Pages 2876 – 2878
11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_2876

11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_2877

11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_2878

Date: 2007/09/24

Service Information

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation, Gonçalo Amaral

I bring to your attention that on the 20th September in the morning and on his own initiative, Hoos Evert Hendrik appeared before this police force (Dutch nationality, company Creon Starlight Crematorio de Animais lda NIF 507045289, Monchique).

Hoos Evert Hendrik says that he is the owner of an animal crematorium situated at the above mentioned address.

He referred to an article recently published in Correio da Manha which mentioned suspicions that Madeleine McCann could have been cremated in his crematorium.

He said that on the morning of 20th September, in other on the day that he presented himself to the police, he found several individuals circling and photographing the installations of the crematorium, persons whom he approached and checked that they belonged to the police force which had already visited site, during a veterinarian inspection as a result of which the site was closed and sealed.

Hooes Evert Hendrik came to the police with the aim of clearing any doubts or suspicions that might exist regarding him, and placed himself at disposal for any clarifications necessary with the aim of lifting these suspicions as he confirmed that he had nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, adding, when questioned, that he did not know any members of her family, neither her parents or anyone else related to them. He said that all he knew about the case came from the press.

Hoos Evert Hendrik said that the crematorium had been closed and sealed following an inspection in March 2007.

He asked us to go to the crematorium installations to check this in situ to check that the seals had not been violated and to inspect documentation with regard to the inspection and the attitude taken by the authorities on that occasion.

On the afternoon of the 20th September, accompanied by my colleague Ricardo Paiva, I went to the site in question and was received by Mr Hoos. There we checked that in fact the crematorium consisted of two ovens situated on land next to the offices. Both doors to the ovens were sealed with aluminium tape from the IGAE and the seals were seen to be intact. Labels on the doors were also visible. We made a photographic report (in annex).

Inside the office, namely a room equipped with a desk, Mr Hoos gave us a copy of the Apprehension Notice issued by ASAE – Authority for Food and Economic Safety, dated the 2nd March, 2007, which refers to the sealing of the ovens.

Mr Hoos added that after the sealing of the ovens the possibility continued to exist, with recourse to this effect to an incinerator of the municipal chamber of Lisbon. He proved this fact by showing several invoices/receipts referring to this. He said he would hand over copies of documents referring to the activities he carries out.

Signed
Paulo Ferreira
Inspector

Pages of images 2891 to 2896

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/HOOS_HENDRIK.htm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 09.10.10 10:05

Wasn't there a Dutch connection somewhere along the line? From the story it says that he still carries out cremations but not at this site. Mr Hoos says he never met the McCanns yet someone must have had a suspicion somewhere and tipped off the Police.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.10.10 13:37

It would be so cruel ....
using an animal crematorium for human purpose if true?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by annabel 09.10.10 16:29

More from Eef Hoos
http://www.thesargeants.net/dblog/articolo.asp?articolo=184

Hoos was instructed to report to Portimao police station the following week because of his notorious reputation in The Hague. It was at this time that Hoos remembered a strange encounter with a couple that had come to dispose of two dogs. He said the couple claimed to be Polish but offered that they spoke with impeccable English accents. As a matter of course he would usually ensure the contents of the bags, but on this occasion he says he did not.

He told the Sunday Mirror the couple seemed unemotional and did not ask for the ashes, instead insisting they were scattered on local scrubland. Mr Hoos said: "I am now haunted by thinking, what if one of the bags contained something more sinister?"

Interesting to read the comments also
annabel
annabel

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.10 16:46

annabel wrote:More from Eef Hoos
http://www.thesargeants.net/dblog/articolo.asp?articolo=184

Hoos was instructed to report to Portimao police station the following week because of his notorious reputation in The Hague. It was at this time that Hoos remembered a strange encounter with a couple that had come to dispose of two dogs. He said the couple claimed to be Polish but offered that they spoke with impeccable English accents. As a matter of course he would usually ensure the contents of the bags, but on this occasion he says he did not.

He told the Sunday Mirror the couple seemed unemotional and did not ask for the ashes, instead insisting they were scattered on local scrubland. Mr Hoos said: "I am now haunted by thinking, what if one of the bags contained something more sinister?"

Interesting to read the comments also

That's a bit different to the information in the PJ files see my post further up/

[quote]

Hoos Evert Hendrik said that the crematorium had been closed and sealed following an inspection in March 2007.

He asked us to go to the crematorium installations to check this in situ to check that the seals had not been violated and to inspect documentation with regard to the inspection and the attitude taken by the authorities on that occasion.

On the afternoon of the 20th September, accompanied by my colleague Ricardo Paiva, I went to the site in question and was received by Mr Hoos. There we checked that in fact the crematorium consisted of two ovens situated on land next to the offices. Both doors to the ovens were sealed with aluminium tape from the IGAE and the seals were seen to be intact. Labels on the doors were also visible. We made a photographic report (in annex).

So where did he cremate these dogs. And weren't this couple just there on holiday arriving the same day 28th April as the Mccanns. Weren't they visiting relatives. Why would they need to dispose of two dogs?

ETA from
http://www.thesargeants.net/dblog/articolo.asp?articolo=269

Russell O Brien even admits to receiving a text message from a friend in Germany just as they arrived at the Ocean Club on April 28th (the Polish couple flew from Berlin Airport to Faro on April 28th, arriving at the Solimar apartments on the same day)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by annabel 09.10.10 16:52

Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2007/09/21/body-burned-in-dead-dog-115875-19824025/

'Body burned in dead dog'

Ryan Parry & Lucy Thornton in Praia Da Luz 21/09/2007

The latest crackpot theory explored by Portuguese police flailing around for ideas is that Madeleine's body was put in a furnace - inside a dead labrador.

The owner of a pet incinerator was last night quizzed and asked: "Did you unknowingly burn her?"

After being grilled about whether he'd ever met Kate and Gerry McCann, Dutchman Eeef Hoos told a detective that a few weeks ago a Polish couple brought their labrador's corpse to his rundown farm near Monchique, a 30-minute drive from Praia da Luz.

He said the theory was put to him that a child could have been hidden inside the large dog and that he incinerated Madeline's remains in all innocence.

But divorced Hoos, 61, who bizarrely served seven years in Holland two decades ago for a string of bomb attacks, replied: "No. I see what's in them bags."

He admitted that the man and woman "acted strangely", saying: "This couple were not crying."

Now he has been ordered to report to police in Portimao on Monday with a list of his clients - although his fortress-style Creon Starlight furnaces were supposed to be closed down from last February after neighbours complained about the smell.

Hoos, who also claims to be a debt collector and one-time private eye who knows about local paedophiles, said: "I was followed by the police from my girlfriend's. They took pictures and I asked why.

"They said nothing so I went to Portimao police station and was there for one and a half hours.

"They then came to see me at my home and were asking me about the McCann case. Two officers asked me if I had anything to do with her and said they knew I'd spoken to the parents. It's not true."

Hoos admitted that on May 3 after Madeleine disappeared he'd had an eye operation and could not see. But he repeated: "I know what's in the furnaces."

Dubbed the "Al Capone of The Hague" after his 1988 trial for planting the bombs that injured one man, he said: "The police told me I have a very bad name." A neighbour just said: "He is a crazy man."
annabel
annabel

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.10 17:17

Hi Annabel,

It's strange we have two conflicting stories on this thinking

This from Mr Amaral's book

Thanks to the father's composure, he managed to take a photograph of the vehicle. It's not very clear and does not allow us to make out the number plate, but we succeed, nonetheless, in finding the car. The car hire firm provides us with the identity of the driver. He is a forty-year-old Polish man, who is traveling with his wife. They arrived in Portugal on April 28th, from Berlin. At Faro airport, they hired a car and put up in an apartment in Budens, near Praia da Luz. Unfortunately, on May 5th, at 7am, they had already left, taking with them their camera and all the photos from their holiday. We ask the German police, through Interpol, to monitor them as soon as they arrive in Berlin. All the passengers are questioned, but no one has seen a child looking like Madeleine. In Berlin, the couple take the train to return to Poland. Thus, the Polish trail comes to an end. We would like to have seen their photos...but that proved impossible.

So how come they managed to have two dogs die and cremate them whilst on a weeks holiday?? At a pet crem that was supposed to be sealed and not used since March? This is all very odd.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 09.10.10 19:20

He had another creamatorium in Lisbon according to this

"Following complaints about the smell he said he had closed down the furnaces in March this year but continued to carry out incinerations at a site in Lisbon"[b]
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 09.10.10 19:36

One furnace is as good as any other.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.10 19:47

littlepixie wrote:He had another creamatorium in Lisbon according to this

"Following complaints about the smell he said he had closed down the furnaces in March this year but continued to carry out incinerations at a site in Lisbon"

From the Pj file is sounds like a municipal crematorium, and according to this Lisbon is a 3 hour drive away, 295 killometres

Nearest Airport : Faro or Lisbon is 295Km at 70 Kilometres
Nearest Beach : beach at 100 Metres
Car: not necessary
Praia da Luz is 7 Km from Lagos and approximately 70Km from Faro airport. Access to the motorway junction is 3Km from Luz. [b]Lisbon is approximately 295 Km from Luz or a confortable 3-hour drive

So he took dead animals on a 3 hour journey to cremate them. thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum