Giggling politician

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giggling politician

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm

This is so funny....seeing a politician, the Swiss Finance Minister crack up

Jest Minister! Giggling MP Is Web Video Hit

1:25pm UK, Saturday September 25, 2010

Damien Pearse, Sky News Online

The Swiss finance minister has become an internet celebrity after breaking into fits of giggles during a parliamentary address.

Hans-Rudolf Merz's speech has been viewed more than 300,000 times on YouTube and other sites.

The video shows Merz convulsing with laughter as he talks about the import of cured meat.

He starts to crack up as he reads a stream of unintelligible bureaucratic language in his script.

The outgoing finance chief's hilarious delivery was greeted with howls of laughter and even thunderous applause from fellow ministers.

Merz has been widely criticised in recent years for signing away much of Switzerland's banking secrecy and failing to secure the release of two Swiss citizens held by Libya.

His speech has now prompted one maker of air-dried meats to advertise their wares with the slogan: Never lose your sense of humour.

Back to top Go down

Re: Giggling politician

Post  kangdang on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 am

hahaha, that's great. I've been in similar situations where I have had an attack of the giggles, I tried to regain composure but the urge to giggle kept coming back. Bizarre thing is, afterwards i've had no idea as to what it was that set me off in the first place.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

Back to top Go down

Re: Giggling politician

Post  Cherry on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:53 am

I used to get a fit of the giggles a lot in mass with my brother, so much so we were not allowed to sit next to each other! blushing1

Oh hope priest isnt around or he may have me in the confessonal box skull

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum