The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Mm11

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Mm11

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Regist10

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Empty McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded

Post by ufercoffy 10.09.10 12:41

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/09/mccann-couple-demand-goncalo-amaral.html

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  93316

Surely to God they cannot demand Goncalo and Sofia are divorced? McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  195540
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Empty Re: McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded

Post by Rainbow 10.09.10 12:45

What rubbish! Of course they cant and why the hell would they?
Rainbow
Rainbow

Activity : 476

Back to top Go down

McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded  Empty Re: McCann Couple demand Gonçalo Amaral Divorce to be Rewarded

Post by ufercoffy 10.09.10 12:47

Why did Sofia say this then?

Sofia Leal: I do not even want to envisage that there is someone in Portugal that wants to force me to separate from my husband. Not to me, not to any other couple!
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.09.10 12:57

I will be real surprised if there is a lacuna in the law for that.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.09.10 13:03

Rainbow wrote:What rubbish! Of course they cant and why the hell would they?

This comment on mccanfiles
http://mccannfiles.com/id232.html

By Nigel Moore, with thanks to 'Astro'
Updated 09 September 2010

To clarify, the court wanted to seize half of the Amarals' house (the half that belongs to Gonçalo), but were unable to do that while the couple is married and the house legally belongs to both of them - because they wed under the most common marriage regime in Portugal, which means that any assets that were acquired by any one of them, after the date of marriage, belongs to both members of the couple.

The McCanns, via their lawyer, applied for Sofia Leal to execute a separation of assets, (i.e. to split ownership of the house into two halves) in order to facilitate the seizing of Gonçalo's half of the house; Sofia Leal refused and so, in August, the court proceeded to seize the whole house.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top