View previous topic View next topic Go down

New site to shame sex offenders

Post by kangdang on Tue 7 Sep - 17:25

Article spotted by MM portals Annabelle -

Thursday, August 12, 2010,

New site to shame sex offenders

JUSTICE: Anti-paedophile campaigner Chris Wittwer
< Previous 1 2 Next >
EXETER anti-paedophile campaigner Chris Wittwer is launching a new dedicated website to identify convicted child sex offenders.

Mr Wittwer, a former landlord who has had death threats and been assaulted in the street since he started his crusade, said he intended the new site to carry the names, photographs and addresses of thousands of convicted paedophiles in the UK.

He said it had been funded by thousands of pounds in donations.

The ex-Army chef and father of two said: "These will be people who have charged, convicted and sentenced, whether it was prison or community service."

The site will also carry a list of missing children in the UK.

He said he expected the new site to attract 250,000 "hits" within days of going on line.

A previous site listing paedophiles was closed down by police when he first started the venture two years ago for Devon — but he was able to start again after showing he was not breaking any laws by presenting information already in the public domain. Mr Wittwer said this time would be different.

"I am using a unique US server which has so far cost over £10,000 to set up," he said.

"The money has come from donations that have been made to the cause after previous stories about me and my work in the Echo and national newspapers."

Mr Wittwer said he had also created a new campaigning group called CHRIS — Children Have Rights in Society — which includes a child abuse awareness video.

Mr Wittwer, 34, who lives in the Exeter area and used to run the Royal Oak pub in Exminster, said he did not think the government did enough to inform the public about sex offenders living in the community.

"I don't condone any violence," he said. "I am not a vigilante.

"People can see who is in their area and keep their children away from them.

"There is more justice served by what I am doing than any court or jail can ever do.

"What I am doing is a serious deterrent for people who have done it, are thinking of doing it or re-offending."

He has already set up a database of 6,000 convicted sex offenders and paedophiles on Facebook which he said was the largest photographic gallery in the world after spending hours gathering police mugshots of registered sex offenders

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum