The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Doug Skehan, Gerry McCann's Boss, Resigns from Madeleine's Fund Director's Board

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doug Skehan, Gerry McCann's Boss, Resigns from Madeleine's Fund Director's Board

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.10 7:02

candyfloss wrote:Find Madeleine update

UPDATES

Update 6th September 2010

As the Summer draws to a close, I’d like to thank everyone who has helped with our Summer Campaign by using Madeleine luggage tags, displaying posters, wearing Madeleine t-shirts while on their travels and of course for remaining vigilant. Thank you also to all the students who are helping with our ‘Students for Madeleine’ initiative. I have no doubt that it all helps. Keeping Madeleine’s image out there greatly increases our chances of finding her. It is a reminder to people that she is still missing and to please keep looking for her. In addition, we know that somebody knows where Madeleine is. One more reminder of her may be all that it takes for them to finally come forward and let us know.
Despite the summertime being a relatively quiet period for everyone, our work to find Madeleine continues. There will be some changes and development in terms of strategy and ideas as we endeavour to leave no stone unturned in our search. This will include some changes to the board of Madeleine’s Fund, simply to try and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of what we are doing. It has now been three years and four months since Madeleine was taken from us. None of us ever thought we’d still be in the position we are today. Inevitably there has to be change for a variety of reasons but importantly, this will also allow people to help and support us in different ways. Regardless of change, everyone’s focus, commitment and desire continues to be that of finding Madeleine.
Thank you for your ongoing support

I have bolded the bit I am replying to

So are they saying JM and DS were not efficient and effective thinking

Yeah, it's marvellous his boss and brother are leaving because they were lacking in the inefficient and ineffective department! Would it because they didnt toe the line to come up with ideas to market or promote MBM as a product to increase their fund? The running of the limited fund diminishing over time need what skills to make it last? The bulk of it is consumed by hefty legal bills......what did he expect the directors to do?

I see, it's about keeping MBM image out there and not about her safety or finding her?
Would it be a charade they must maintain under all circumstances or their achilles heel fund will end their freedom?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doug Skehan, Gerry McCann's Boss, Resigns from Madeleine's Fund Director's Board

Post by baconbutty on 18.09.10 8:37

Interesting that this announcement has the wrong date on it. One might charitably regard it as a typo, but it is rather making it look as if the board 'changes' happened spontaneously around that date, which of course they did not -- Skehan's departure being in August and J McCann's in July.
I'm sure this is a damage limitation response to the Companies House submissions which were discovered recently.

How very disappointing that they weren't leaving to 'spend more time with their families'.
But I suppose in this case that would have been more then a little ironic.

baconbutty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.09.10 9:39

Interesting to that there isn't an acknowledgment and thanks to the 2 directors that resigned. Wouldn't the right thing to say be "we thank them for their work and committment for the past 3 years etc etc. but due to etc etc they will not longer be on the board. Very conspicuous by its absence. thinking Also what do they mean by this:

[quote]
Inevitably there has to be change for a variety of reasons but importantly, this will also allow people to help and support us in different ways

Did the 2 not agree with future plans??

Back to top Go down

Post by pudsgirl on 18.09.10 9:48

@baconbutty wrote:I'm sure this is a damage limitation response to the Companies House submissions which were discovered recently.

I've often thought that a lot of what the McC's do and say is a direct result of reading blogs and forums. There are some very clever and astute posters discussing this case and I'm sure they gave the McCanns some clues about what to do next...which is why a lot of people say "well, we never saw that one coming did we?"

I'm also sure the McC's didn't think they'd still have to be covering their sorry butts more than 3 years later, and will probably have to keep doing it for a lot longer yet.

Although JM and DS have proved they didn't want to be around for the long haul, K & G have no choice but to carry on the lies and fake performances for the rest of their miserable lives - and it's the least they can do for Madeleine: it's a life sentence of their own making. A life sentence that the McC's have chosen for their Tapas mates too.

pudsgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbutty on 18.09.10 10:13

@candyfloss.
Yes, you would think that thanking the directors would be the polite thing to do (not that politeness and good manners have ever been the McCanns' forte).

To dispense with one's elder brother might be considered insensitive.
To dispense with one's boss might be considered foolhardy.

There must have been a right old bust-up.

@pudsgirl.
Yes, there must have been times when TM have taken their lead from what is being posted on forums. Understandable when you recall how many of their own ideas and pronouncements are so half-baked. Maybe we should leave them to their own ill-conceived devices!

baconbutty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.10 10:13

[quote="candyfloss"]Interesting to that there isn't an acknowledgment and thanks to the 2 directors that resigned. Wouldn't the right thing to say be "we thank them for their work and committment for the past 3 years etc etc. but due to etc etc they will not longer be on the board. Very conspicuous by its absence. thinking Also what do they mean by this:

Inevitably there has to be change for a variety of reasons but importantly, this will also allow people to help and support us in different ways

Did the 2 not agree with future plans??

Well spotted, they didnt thank the past directors would indicate sign of disagreements,infightings and falling out, with the two not unanimous with the rest.

'the change for a variety of reasons' had got me too.

What else can directors be expected to with that kind of fund collected from the public?
Its not as if the fund is a limited trading company with fluid transactions that requires constant decision makings!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.10 10:20

@baconbutty wrote:

To dispense with one's elder brother might be considered insensitive.
To dispense with one's boss might be considered foolhardy.

More like resigned then dispensed I would have thought!

Either way, not looking good for the mccanns.

I doubt they will be looking for replacements.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.09.10 10:31

It is strange that they haven't even mentioned the names of the two that resigned, and acknowleged their hard work in any way. Didn't we have Esther McVey make an announcement when she resigned saying she had work committments etc. It was all over the media. This has all been very hush hush, just their names removed and no acknowledgement, perhaps now they are reading in the forums they will make changes to the statement, big grin realising it doesn't look very professional and not too good for the other two directors, which makes it look as they have left in some kind of disagreement.

Back to top Go down

Clannish

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.09.10 11:19

candyfloss wrote:...realising it doesn't look very professional and not too good for the other two directors, which makes it look as they have left in some kind of disagreement.
Maybe Doug Skehan resigned because he kept on getting outvoted by members of the McCann clan

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.09.10 11:22

@Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:...realising it doesn't look very professional and not too good for the other two directors, which makes it look as they have left in some kind of disagreement.
Maybe Doug Skehan resigned because he kept on getting outvoted by members of the McCann clan

Ah, but John McCann is a member of the McCann clan and he's gone as well, now why would GM's brother go wow thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by squeaker on 18.09.10 11:26

Maybe they didn't want to risk being called to appear at the trial?

squeaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A message to bro

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.09.10 11:32

candyfloss wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Ah, but John McCann is a member of the McCann clan and he's gone as well, now why would GM's brother go?
Easiest question I've had to answer for quite a while.

Dr Gerald McCann to bro:

"Right John, Skehan's off, so we can still outvote the others without you. Go forth and spend more time wtih your family".

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 18.09.10 14:41

Update from Find Madeliene

Update September 6th 2010
As the Summer draws to a close, I’d like to thank everyone who has helped with our Summer Campaign by using Madeleine luggage tags, displaying posters, wearing Madeleine t-shirts while on their travels and of course for remaining vigilant. Thank you also to all the students who are helping with our ‘Students for Madeleine’ initiative. I have no doubt that it all helps. Keeping Madeleine’s image out there greatly increases our chances of finding her. It is a reminder to people that she is still missing and to please keep looking for her. In addition, we know that somebody knows where Madeleine is. One more reminder of her may be all that it takes for them to finally come forward and let us know.
Despite the summertime being a relatively quiet period for everyone, our work to find Madeleine continues. There will be some changes and development in terms of strategy and ideas as we endeavour to leave no stone unturned in our search. This will include some changes to the board of Madeleine’s Fund, simply to try and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of what we are doing. It has now been three years and four months since Madeleine was taken from us. None of us ever thought we’d still be in the position we are today. Inevitably there has to be change for a variety of reasons but importantly, this will also allow people to help and support us in different ways. Regardless of change, everyone’s focus, commitment and desire continues to be that of finding Madeleine.
Thank you for your ongoing support.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum