The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Panorama was in Luz last week  Mm11

Panorama was in Luz last week  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Panorama was in Luz last week  Mm11

Panorama was in Luz last week  Regist10

Panorama was in Luz last week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panorama was in Luz last week  Empty Panorama was in Luz last week

Post by Keitei 09.02.17 11:50

http://portugalresident.com/uk-media-rounds-on-supreme-court-%E2%80%98shock%E2%80%99-that-mccanns-%E2%80%9Chave-not-been-proved-innocent%E2%80%9D
Panorama was in Luz last week  Gerry-and-kate-mccann-wan-008
UK tabloids - which for so long have been so ‘anti-Portuguese’ in their reporting of the Madeleine McCann mystery - are changing their tune following publication of the Supreme Court judgement which stressed that parents Kate and Gerry McCann have not been proved innocent in the context of their daughter’s disappearance (click here).
Media sources in touch with the Resident warn: “The tide is turning in UK. Did you know that Panorama was in Luz last week? Tell your readers to batten down, they’re all coming”.
The Sun, the Mirror, the Daily Mail began the day leading with hurtful headlines.
Curiously, the Daily Mail’s “Portuguese court says Madeleine McCann’s parents HAVEN’T been cleared” (with large capital letters for the word haven’t) was later changed to: “Fresh anguish for Madeleine McCann's parents as Portugal's supreme court insists they haven't been proved innocent over their daughter's death”.
But the thrust of the story is busily steaming its way through the English-speaking mainstream while the McCann couple themselves, and their representatives, must be considering a response with care.
Says the Mail: “A spokesperson for the McCann’s did not want to respond to request for comment last night”, while the Mirror - running with the story under “Kate and Gerry McCann ‘not formally in the clear’ over daughter Madeleine’s disappearance” says the Supreme Court ruling “means suspicion still hangs over the heads of the McCanns, who have always claimed their innocence”.
Another cloud highlighted by the ruling is the fact that there remain “serious concerns relating to the truth that Madeleine was kidnapped” (Daily Mail today, as well as Portuguese papers, quoting directly from the 76-page text).
For Praia da Luz - the holiday village perennially dragged into the spotlight over this almost decade-long mystery - the question on everyone’s minds is “if there is a media stampede back” could it spell a rush of welcome pre-season business, and would it disappear in time to let the popular sun-blessed village enjoy a trouble-free summer?
natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

Moderator/Investigator

Activity : 1560

Back to top Go down

Panorama was in Luz last week  Empty Re: Panorama was in Luz last week

Post by sallypelt 09.02.17 11:54

I've posted this on another thread, but I will copy and paste it here, too:
There's an article in the Portugal resident [sic] today, and I found this line interesting:

Media sources in touch with the Resident warn: “The tide is turning in UK. Did you know that Panorama was in Luz last week? Tell your readers to batten down, they’re all coming”.

http://portugalresident.com/uk-media-rounds-on-supreme-court-%E2%80%98shock%E2%80%99-that-mccanns-%E2%80%9Chave-not-been-proved-innocent%E2%80%9D

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Keitei 09.02.17 12:27

Apologies Sally, I only looked in News to see if I could find the article already posted. Perhaps Adin/Mods can delete this thread?

Moderator/Investigator

Activity : 1560

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 09.02.17 12:58

Keitei wrote:Apologies Sally, I only looked in News to see if I could find the article already posted. Perhaps Adin/Mods can delete this thread?
No problem, keitei. It's good that it has its own thread because it could be dynamite. I can' wait to discover what Panarama is doing there. Maybe it has nothing to do with the McCann case. But then again, maybe it does. Tenth anniversary.....maybe? spin
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.17 13:06

sallypelt wrote:
Keitei wrote:Apologies Sally, I only looked in News to see if I could find the article already posted. Perhaps Adin/Mods can delete this thread?
No problem, keitei. It's good that it has its own thread because it could be dynamite. I can' wait to discover what Panarama is doing there. Maybe it has nothing to do with the McCann case. But then again, maybe it does. Tenth anniversary.....maybe? spin
Yes, in fact anything that has a bomb headline should be given its own thread aswell please so it doesn't get lost amongst other threads.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41061

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top