The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Judges demolish McCanns' innocence

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Judges demolish McCanns' innocence

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 09.02.17 9:46

@Verdi wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, did not want to respond to the judges’ findings last night.

A spokesman said: “It’s entirely a matter for their lawyers.”
They already have..

Updates

31 January, 2017 - Statement from Gerry and Kate Regarding Portuguese Supreme Court Ruling

What we have been told by our lawyers is obviously extremely disappointing.

It is eight years since we brought the action and in that time the landscape has dramatically changed, namely there is now a joint Metropolitan Police-Policia Judiciaria investigation which is what we've always wanted.

The police in both countries continue to work on the basis that there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to physical harm.
We will, of course, be discussing the implications of the Supreme Court ruling with our lawyers in due course.

Gerry and Kate

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

Unless they're waiting for final confirmation by way of document translation funded by the fund.

But there isn’t a formal joint investigation with both judiciaries involved – there’s just Operation StGrange.

The Portuguese investigating authorities hasn’t said that Madeleine came to no physical harm, far from it - that isn't even the official line of DCI Wall chums. It has only ever said in the official statement on archiving the case – the child died in the apartment. Unless of course she remarkably died without coming to physical harm

Rogue-a-Tory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 09.02.17 10:39

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Poor Pamela Gurney isn't taking this at all well empathy
Yep her punctuation has gone to the dogs - ruff justice big grin

Rogue-a-Tory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re Judges demolish McCanns innocence

Post by justagrannynow on 09.02.17 11:15

Great news. Never thought I would live long enough to see the day  Mrs
Congratulations to Jill, Tony, Joanna and all the good people who have stuck with this, and Good Luck to Goncalo Amaral.
I can't promise to take much of an active role on the forum but I will certainly follow events with interest and you all have my admiration and support  clapping

justagrannynow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 09.02.17 11:38

@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

What an idiot.

Freedom of expression does exceed the "right" to keep good reputation (there is no such right).

Freedom of expression allows people to defend their good reputation and expose liars.

That's the way it works Pam.

She has the brain of a gnat.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 09.02.17 11:50

Just noticed an excellent point raised on twitter.....

AnnaEsse @AnnaEsse
[ltr]If Kate #McCann has not been cleared in the disappearance of her daughter why is she ambassador for @missingpeople?[/ltr]

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 09.02.17 11:50

There's an article in the Portugal resident [sic] today, and I found this line interesting:

Media sources in touch with the Resident warn: “The tide is turning in UK. Did you know that Panorama was in Luz last week? Tell your readers to batten down, they’re all coming”.

http://portugalresident.com/uk-media-rounds-on-supreme-court-%E2%80%98shock%E2%80%99-that-mccanns-%E2%80%9Chave-not-been-proved-innocent%E2%80%9D

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.02.17 11:57

@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:But there isn’t a formal joint investigation with both judiciaries involved – there’s just Operation StGrange.

The Portuguese investigating authorities hasn’t said that Madeleine came to no physical harm, far from it - that isn't even the official line of DCI Wall chums. It has only ever said in the official statement on archiving the case – the child died in the apartment. Unless of course she remarkably died without coming to physical harm
A very feeble attempt to save face methinks.  As you say, no joint investigation, never has been in the true sense of the word.  As the PJ finale recorded, the McCanns lost the opportunity to prove their innocence (or words to that effect), if there was a joint investigation in existence, surely they would have moved towards an authentic re-enactment;  re-evaluating all the forensic evidence and giving Kate McCann another chance to answer all those tricky questions.

They've been churning out the same old mantra for so long, I think they've forgotten how to switch off - a robotic response to every media interview.

No evidence that Madeleine has come to any physical harm?  This is team McCann speak (often repeated by the ludicrous Clarence Mitchell), to my knowledge it's never been stated by either the UK or the Portuguese police - certainly not the latter.  Unless they use the word physical as the definitive, if she was abducted as they insist, then she has come to harm which ever way you look at it.  Even if now living with a loving family, at the time of abduction she would have been old enough to know that she hd been taken from her family by strangers - snatched in the middle of the night by strangers - I call that mental torture if not physical!

Viva Amaral!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.02.17 12:05

"It appears that in Portugal one can say what one likes and get away with it"

That's exactly what the T9 'thought' they could do, also, eh Pam?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 09.02.17 12:11

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:Just noticed an excellent point raised on twitter.....

AnnaEsse @AnnaEsse

[ltr]If Kate #McCann has not been cleared in the disappearance of her daughter why is she ambassador for @missingpeople?[/ltr]

We've all known they were NEVER cleared, especially the "authorities " so more to the point is why she was ever put forwards to be this "ambassador" ? And the facade of "innocence" continue for nigh on 10 years!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JimbobJones on 09.02.17 12:29

The "stink" of corruption bursts from the decision to make her ambassador for missing people. Can anyone tell me who was behind this decision? Would it be a panel who decided or one person? If it was one person who are they? 
Clearly, in my opinion, her appointment was purely for the advancement of her own personal reputation. What could she bring to the table other than a history of neglecting her kid.

JimbobJones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 09.02.17 12:31

@BlueBag wrote:
@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

What an idiot.

Freedom of expression does exceed the "right" to keep good reputation (there is no such right).

Freedom of expression allows people to defend their good reputation and expose liars.

That's the way it works Pam.

She has the brain of a gnat.
And that is all they are concerned with .... their "good name" pfft! 
Reputation, cash and con! 

Where's Madeleine's "freedom of expression" ?
IMO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.02.17 13:12

@justagrannynow wrote:Great news. Never thought I would live long enough to see the day  Mrs
Congratulations to Jill, Tony, Joanna and all the good people who have stuck with this, and Good Luck to Goncalo Amaral.
I can't promise to take much of an active role on the forum but I will certainly follow events with interest and you all have my admiration and support  clapping
Hello again justagrannynow, good to see you're still around roses

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.02.17 20:18

@justagrannynow wrote:Great news. Never thought I would live long enough to see the day  Mrs

Congratulations to Jill, Tony, Joana and all the good people who have stuck with this, and Good Luck to Goncalo Amaral.

I can't promise to take much of an active role on the forum but I will certainly follow events with interest and you all have my admiration and support 
clapping
@ justagrannynow

I missed this post from you a few days ago.

Thank you for your kind comments and it's good to welcome you back here after a few years' absence.

If you have a bit of time to look around the forum I think you'll agree that a number of issues in the case have become clearer over the years through the work of many people, as you suggest.

A brand new researcher, Richard D. Hall, came on the scene in 2014, and his fact-filled, evidence-based films on the case are well worth a watch.

Likewise it's always heartening to see 'old faces' back on the forum whenever a major news story about Madeleine arises. 

And I'm sure there will be many with just 12 weeks to go to that 10th anniversary.

I was told that Panorama was filming in Praia da Luz only last week.

What price a 3-hour 'Panorama Special' on 3 May 2017 featuring that 'final line of enquiry' Operation Grange have been working on for the past six months - will it be the international paedophile ring, or the now-dead burglar/tractor driver or someone similar who did it...and all unsolved until now because of the rank incompetence of that laughing stock of what they call a 'police force' in Portugal, the sardine-munching 'Keystone Cops' of Praia da Luz?

Can't wait

a

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 15.02.17 20:09

@Tony Bennett wrote:
I was told that Panorama was filming in Praia da Luz only last week.

What price a 3-hour 'Panorama Special' on 3 May 2017 featuring that 'final line of enquiry' Operation Grange have been working on for the past six months - will it be the international paedophile ring, or the now-dead burglar/tractor driver or someone similar who did it...and all unsolved until now because of the rank incompetence of that laughing stock of what they call a 'police force' in Portugal, the sardine-munching 'Keystone Cops' of Praia da Luz?

Can't wait

a
Indeed. 10 years already????

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 16.02.17 4:07

It amused me that on a certain forum, when the mccanns, initially won and got Dr. Amaral's book banned, they were loving the Portuguese justice system and the courts.

When he appealed and won they got pissy but were certain the mccanns would win their appeal and so on up to the Supreme Court.

When the Supreme Court backed DR. Amaral they went real quiet then had a moan about how bad the Portuguese justice system was etc and that the mccanns would go to the ECHR and win.

They failed to notice that in the Supreme Court judgement they spoke of the ECHR and how they followed those rules set out by the ECHR.

The mccanns weren't suing for libel, they were suing for damages.

The judge explained that the book was based on the facts of the case  as revealed in the PJ files and also Dr. Amaral's time on the case and his investigative experience.

As they rightly pointed out, the case was shelved and the mccann arguido status was lifted (I still want to know if it was reapplied when the PJ reopened the case)

You can only be cleared of involvement in a court of law, a verdict of not guilty.
They were suspects in the case and, despite their arguido status being lifted, remain so, albeit at the moment not officially, although should they be recalled to Portugal to answer questions, it would be immediately reapplied, either at the request of the mccanns to allow them to lie or refuse to answer questions (remember the 48 kate refused to answer) or the PJ would impose it as ordered by the law to protect the suspects.
If it were not applied then the mccanns would face charges as witnesses are not allowed to lie and must answer all questions asked.

The police files tell us the mccanns were not cleared of involvement, heck even the UK police have said they could not be cleared of involvement.

The mccanns had the chance to clear themselves and refused to take it.

There is not one atom of evidence to indicate a stranger abduction ever took place, this is after 10 years or so investigation.

Within hours if not days there was every indication of a homicide, concealment of a corpse and filing a false police report.
Within weeks and months, there was nothing to change that opinion.
10 years down the line, there is still nothing to say otherwise.

The mccanns sued claiming Dr. Amaral's book harmed the search for Maddie (it didn't as there were still 'sightings' plus the case was reopened in two countries.

They claimed they were caused distress and their reputations were harmed. There was no distress caused by his book nor harm to their reputation, the distress they suffered, if any was of their own making as was damage to their reputation , especially since they claimed to have been neglectful parents.
Their refusal to cooperate also painted them in a poor light.
They had ample opportunity to cooperate and restore their reputations and failed to do so.

What was written in the book and shown in the DVD was what was written in the PJ files.
The information was based on fact.
What the mccanns felt at best was the same feelings of guilt suffered by any suspect in a homicide case, especially if they were guilty of the alleged crimes.

If what was written By Dr. Amaral was so damaging, why did the mccanns not sue the PJ for saying the exact same thing and probably far more and worse in the remaining unreleased files.
Why did they not sue the Leicestershire police and the Met for saying Maddie was dead and implying the mccanns involvement?

The Supreme court ruled on the facts of law as is their Duty.
It is not their role to decide on the guilt or innocence of the case.
The mccanns would have had to have been found guilty in a court of law and then gone through the appeal process.
Until they do that, face a court, be declared guilty or innocent, they will always have the cloud of suspicion over their heads.

The mccanns are desperate to avoid that which could officially clear them of involvement if they were truly innocent.

Why?

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 16.02.17 4:21

The McCann's can never be proven innocent of any wrongdoing unless this case goes to Trial and they are judged by a Jury of their peers.
That is how most crimes are solved. Charges, arrest & evidence to prove a criminal case through a Court of law. And unless that happens there will always be a cloud of suspicion over their heads, IMO.
This case was botched and interfered with right from the very start, so how will there ever be Justice for Madeleine?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum