The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Mm11

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Mm11

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Regist10

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Empty Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016

Post by Tony Bennett 02.11.16 0:01

It didn't take long after the month-long blitz about the 'digger driver death' of Ben Needham for the media to come up with this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/worried-parents-fearing-missing-children-9174096

SELECTED EXTRACTS:

Lifeguards at a British beach where seven people died last summer claim they are being stretched by parents thinking their missing children are the next "Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham".

Rother District Council officer Robert Cass told an inquest another difficulty for lifeguards at Camber Sands beach, East Sussex, was an increase in the number of people unable to understand English.

As many as 25,000 people can use the beach on a single day.

Rother District Council officer Robert Cass said it takes up "a lot of our time" because the rightfully worried parents are "thinking they have the next Ben Needham or Maddie McCann."

Lifeguards have to deal with 40 to 50 missing children each summer, he added.

"The nature of Camber is that it has a lot of flat sandbars.

"This makes it popular with young families, 95 per cent of the issues we deal with are land-based, such Weaver fish stings and reuniting lost children, which we get about 40 to 50 children.

"This takes a lot of our time with worried parents thinking they have the next Ben Needham or Maddie McCann..."

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Empty Re: Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016

Post by Guest 02.11.16 0:25

'thinking their missing children are the next "Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham'

How many ctrl+v does it take before an article ceases to be journalism?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016   Empty Re: Lifeguards under pressure because parents think their missing children "might be the next Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham" - Daily Mirror report, 1 Nov 2016

Post by Verdi 02.11.16 0:39

Gawd give me strength! 

Madeleine McCann allegedly disappeared in the middle of the night from her bed at the Ocean Club holiday resort - Ben Needham allegedly disappeared in the middle of the day whilst playing outside/inside a derelict building surrounded by fig trees and an olive grove.

What the hell has that got to do with lifeguards?  The invasion of the wayward giant amphibious squid or the return of the dreaded killer air cushioned vehicular deep fried sea-bass? 

Done up like a kipper - hook line and stinker.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.11.16 1:06

Rother District Council officer Robert Cass said it takes up "a lot of our time" because the rightfully worried parents are "thinking they have the next Ben Needham or Maddie McCann."

------------------------------------------------

So how 'many' of these '40 to 50' 'missing' children are actually 'missing' after each summer?

Are these 'missing' children, included in the 'numbers' at the Missing People 'charity'?

How many CRA's have been 'activated' by Rother District Council/NCA, this year, at Camber Sands?

40-50, at the very least, i should imagine!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.16 1:14

jeanmonroe wrote:Rother District Council officer Robert Cass said it takes up "a lot of our time" because the rightfully worried parents are "thinking they have the next Ben Needham or Maddie McCann."

------------------------------------------------

So how 'many' of these '40 to 50' 'missing' children are actually 'missing' after each summer?

Are these 'missing' children, included in the 'numbers' at the Missing People 'charity'?

How many CRA's have been 'activated' by Rother District Council/NCA, this year, at Camber Sands?

40-50, at the very least, i should imagine!
shark

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 02.11.16 9:20

'Missing' - as in briefly separated from parents on a large crowded beach and reunited after a few panic filled minutes. I presume. Journalists these days can't write anything without referring to well known people or cases to infuse drama into their non stories.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Equity 02.11.16 9:42

How many parents at Camber Sands immediately phoned their relatives to tell them the windbreak had been 'jemmied' and the lifeguards think a gang of paedophiles are responsible?

On a more serious note...

If the plan for the evening of May 3rd 2007 was premeditated to fake an abduction wasn't it a particularly ridiculous plan? Among other things, it opened up the whole group to accusations of child neglect - not something you would bring upon yourself when there are so many other options... going to the beach being just one example.

Late afternoon, approach the Lifeguard and say "our daughter has gone missing - we took our eyes off her for a few seconds and she disappeared". No accusations of child neglect, no egg man, no jemmied shutters, blowing curtains, room checks, door angle variations, timelines on colouring books, supernatural photoshopping skills, EXIF data, sun angles, shadows, upside down sunglasses, creche entries, substitute children, Murat, nannies, Smith family, cadaver dogs, conspiracy of silence, rogatory interviews etc etc etc.

Rather than try and explain why they had to go with the plan they did, just think how easy it would have been to come up with a scenario to report your child missing from the beach and not involve anyone else - just tell the police you saw a suspiciously swarthy, foreign looking couple, who disappeared at the same time? And that's it - no more detail is required as you were doing what everyone does on the beach - nada.

They could still have organised a fund and everything else associated with team McCann the only difference being almost everyone would have believed them and felt sorry for them. KM could be PM by now and GM presenting the lottery show on saturdays.

Only posted this here because of the number of children who get lost on every beach in the world every year.

Why on earth did they choose such an unbelievably convoluted plan if they had at least a couple of days to realise how stupid it was and how bad they would all look?
Equity

Activity : 183

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.11.16 11:31

Equity: I agree and I expect many others would have thought that a simple lost at the beach would have been the best way out of a complicated problem. It appears to me to have been very involved as the medical details were never produced. Why was there so much evidence that the dogs found?

We are not privy as to why they went for a string of easily proven lies such as shutters, doors, windows and weather conditions.

It would appear that generating publicity and making a lot of money came into the plans.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 02.11.16 11:46

It would be hard to fake an abduction from a public beach, as there would have been a considerable number of people around during the day, presumably.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.11.16 12:03

Cmaryholmes wrote:It would be hard to fake an abduction from a public beach, as  there would have been a considerable number of people around during the day, presumably.

What was the plan?

...to say Madeleine had gone missing?   wandered off and been taken by a stranger?

Or was it a veiled plan that there are abductions which most people don't know about?

Since the weather wasn't very good that week, I would have thought the beach wasn't very busy but she could still have wandered off the beach and got lost.

Simple excuses don't demand involved answers.

Maybe the plan was to distract the Public from other matters, which it has.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayonne 02.11.16 14:54

IMO they couldn't have said she was taken from anywhere else except the apartment. If I found myself in a situation in a holiday apartment with a dead child I would know I could not say the child had been abducted from a beach or anywhere else because the child would have to have been in that location first to be taken or wander off. The child would have to be alive to start with. They had little choice except to say she had gone from the apartment. The tale that followed had to fit with that scenario.
Bayonne

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.16 15:15

Bayonne wrote:IMO they couldn't have said she was taken from anywhere else except the apartment. If I found myself in a situation in a holiday apartment with a dead child I would know I could not say the child had been abducted from a beach or anywhere else because the child would have to have been in that location first to be taken or wander off. The child would have to be alive to start with. They had little choice except to say she had gone from the apartment. The tale that followed had to fit with that scenario.
I agree 100%.  Apartment = no witnesses,with the exception of the ficticious visit by David Payne somewhere between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm, depending on which version you read.  Then there was Jane Tanner's imaginary sighting of a fully 'not dressed like a tourist' man, skulking about the streets with a child of around Madeleine's age wearing pyjamas that could matchthose worn by Madeleine on the night of her alleged disappearance.

All the makings of a staged abduction - try that down the beach or around the swimming pool.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 02.11.16 15:29

Cmaryholmes wrote:'Missing' - as in briefly separated from parents on a large crowded beach and reunited after a few panic filled minutes. I presume. Journalists these days can't write anything without referring to well known people or cases to infuse drama into their non stories.
As a toddler I went "missing " on the beach while on holiday, I was found watching the Punch and Judy being looked after by two older girls who were sharing their ice creams with me  nod . Happy innocent days , no thoughts of abduction I'd just wandered off and was quite content. Kids have done this since the year dot !
It seems nothing can be put in print these days without adding someone famous/infamous to the mix ,as usual look over here not over there  aaagh
sandancer
sandancer

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by Equity 02.11.16 17:42

Bayonne wrote:IMO they couldn't have said she was taken from anywhere else except the apartment. If I found myself in a situation in a holiday apartment with a dead child I would know I could not say the child had been abducted from a beach or anywhere else because the child would have to have been in that location first to be taken or wander off. The child would have to be alive to start with. They had little choice except to say she had gone from the apartment. The tale that followed had to fit with that scenario.
A popular theory is that something happened to MBM sometime earlier in the week. They would therefore have plenty of time to plan the staged abduction.

Just because the 'accident' occurred in the apartment would in no way necessitate the staged abduction having to take place in the same location. In fact the opposite is true as a good plan would be to try and ensure a forensic investigation of the apartment never took place at all.

If you consider the amount of imagination required to make some sense of all the twists and turns of the mystery of MBM's disappearance it takes very little effort to imagine how easy it would be to plan a fake disappearance scenario from somewhere like a beach (not a swimming pool for obvious reasons). You would remove around 99% of the information current theories are based on as well as all the suspicion and negativity regarding their childcare arrangements.

Confusion is good and nothing is more confusing than to have virtually no data to start with.
Equity

Activity : 183

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 02.11.16 19:18

whatsupdoc wrote:
Cmaryholmes wrote:It would be hard to fake an abduction from a public beach, as  there would have been a considerable number of people around during the day, presumably.

What was the plan?

...to say Madeleine had gone missing?   wandered off and been taken by a stranger?

Or was it a veiled plan that there are abductions which most people don't know about?

Since the weather wasn't very good that week, I would have thought the beach wasn't very busy but she could still have wandered off the beach and got lost.

Simple excuses don't demand involved answers.

Maybe the plan was to distract the Public from other matters, which it has.

Yes, once the PTB realised they could use Madeleine's "abduction " for distracting the public they gave them their backing?

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.16 21:03

Equity wrote:
Just because the 'accident' occurred in the apartment would in no way necessitate the staged abduction having to take place in the same location. In fact the opposite is true as a good plan would be to try and ensure a forensic investigation of the apartment never took place at all.

If you consider the amount of imagination required to make some sense of all the twists and turns of the mystery of MBM's disappearance it takes very little effort to imagine how easy it would be to plan a fake disappearance scenario from somewhere like a beach (not a swimming pool for obvious reasons). You would remove around 99% of the information current theories are based on as well as all the suspicion and negativity regarding their childcare arrangements.

As I previously said, apartment = no witnesses.  A crowded place like the beach could lead to any number of complications to a faked abduction - such as independent witnesses, holidaymakers photographs and CCTV cameras to name but three.  Enough to send poor old Jim Gamble into overdrive.

There is no evidence to confirm that Madeleine McCann met her fate in apartment 5a, the dogs Eddie and Keela alerted to cadavarine scent and blood scent but that doesn't necessarily mean Madeleine actually died in the apartment - it could have happened elsewhere and the body passed through apartment 5a for some reason - or it could even be by way of cross contamination.

The childcare arrangements (?) were perfectly engineered to create an abduction scenario - a means to an end.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT 02.11.16 21:11

.......or you could go sailing....people do fall overboard.........no need to involve anybody else.
JohnyT
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top